criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

New fighter squadron is awesome

Blazur
4468 posts Member
I'm having so much more fun in this new version of fighter squadron. Yesterday some noob was chasing me, so I flew inside one of the balloons and listened with joy as he exploded on the walls behind me. It's great fun skirting the obstacles and using them for cover.

Also, I enjoy it so much more not having bots. Now I need each red dot is a real person and a real threat. And when approaching the cluster of ships there's actually some strategy to target selection, where as before you tried to isolate the human pilots among all the bots.

When the death star DLC rolls around, please consider adding a version of FS with capital ships in a similar fashion. It's tons of fun.
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

• Lol its dice
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    I'm liking it a lot as well. Seeing trends of entire teams swarming around that central gas platform
  • Now if only you could play it without rotating thru a playlist......
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    I like it a lot. I hadn't played FS for ages, but was loving every minute on this map
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Has the FS hitbox issue been fixed? When you spray an ennemy ship that's taking a sharp turn and didn't register the hits/take damage glitch prior Bespin patch, has that been fixed?
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    Has the FS hitbox issue been fixed? When you spray an ennemy ship that's taking a sharp turn and didn't register the hits/take damage glitch prior Bespin patch, has that been fixed?

Only got rotated through FS once all night, but I didn't notice any issues with flight/shooting mechanics, personally.
  • Anoh wrote: »

Hit detection in all modes yesterday was really off. FS was the most noticeable. I'm used to leading the target to get better hit registration, but yesterday I had to lead each target by what seemed like double the "normal" amount.

Overall it seems to be better balanced. If you collide with another ship, the kill STILL goes to the rebel. :/