criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Can't Deploy Orbital Strike on Bespin Drop Zone **MERGED**

Blazur
4468 posts Member
edited July 2016
While playing as rebels on the outdoor white drop zone map, I earned an orbital strike from a pod but couldn't find anywhere to deploy it. I scanned all along the ground but it was constantly a red x. This was on PC.

Is this a bug?

[Moderator Note: Edited title for merged threads]
The greatest teacher, failure is.
Post edited by EA_Afista on

Replies

• I am having trouble with this constantly on Bespin drop zone on the Xbox one, I cannot use the orbital strike no matter where a put the indicator!!!
  • I may be wrong but I was under the impression that they changed to color from blue to red. But if you couldn't fire it then I am wrong.
  • Playing on the PS4, while playing Drop Zone on Cloud City, the Orbital Strike power up won't fire correctly no matter where I put the marker. The marker will stay red through most of the map. The marker will flash blue for a millisecond. Makes this power up useless. Thanks for the this beautiful game though. :#
  • Getting the same thing here, also PS4. Did it for Blast on that same map too.
  • I've still seen on some maps where the marker will be blue and it will not detonate causing me to be killed in the process. I thought they fixed the bug but this is ridiculous. For a game thats been out a year, the same issues keep coming up.
  • Sp1d3y wrote: »
    I've still seen on some maps where the marker will be blue and it will not detonate causing me to be killed in the process. I thought they fixed the bug but this is ridiculous. For a game thats been out a year, the same issues keep coming up.
    The OS has always been broke like that, also having issues where nothing falls from the sky. Whats worse is after the last patch sometimes I would launch OS only for them to land directly on my character (both as infantry and Nien Nunb), as if I looked straight down and launched it.
    What they should do is change it to a 3 dimensional column that you can freely move about the portion of the map your character can see.
  • Sorry gents it's actually Bioniip Laboratories map.
    And I agree with all of you on this matter. Needs fixing.
  • Same here for PS4 on the same map. Even when the target selection is blue, the strike still does not work.
  • Yeah, it's also the same problem on the PS4, too.
  • I have this problem too, on PC. But I also have it sometimes on other maps. I actually don't trust the thing enough to use it anymore, I usually get killed trying.
  • Yea it's very inconsistent.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I may be wrong but I was under the impression that they changed to color from blue to red. But if you couldn't fire it then I am wrong.

Blue is for a valid placement. Just experienced the glitch again last night on Bioniip Laboratories drop zone. Not sure if it's isolated to either the map or mode, but nowhere was I able to deploy the orbital strike rendering the pickup useless.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • TerribleKD_ButIPT0
    74 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Same problem. PS4
  • Had this happen to me the other day. Nothing crazy to get heated up over but it should be fixed
  • This is an across the maps issue. I tried in vain all this week. I have great video of me failing at launching the strike, then going ape-s##t on everything Kylo Ren style. But in all seriousness, this is a joke at this point, its been reported so many times.
  • Jbstiner
    2708 posts Member
    Same problem. PS4

Ditto
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • After Outer Rim was released, the strike required 13 attempts to fire. Perhaps DICE improved it by just preventing it altogether. TypicaL DICE move.
  • I only notice on bionip lab. Does drop zone happen in cloud city? No sense in carbon chambers and I dont recall admin palace either.
  • The Orbital Strike Designator is broken. When I tried to use it, there was a red X in the middle of the target reticle, and the AOE zone was red. So I was unable to use it and was stuck with a broken weapon occupying the Power Weapon slot.
  • It never works on Drop Zone Bespin...never...and works 60% of the time on other modes. PLEASE fix it or take it it of the game