criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Heroes vs Villains : Can't Join match **MERGED**

loerh
0 posts Member
edited June 2016
Platform: X1

Issue: When I enter a Heroes vs Vilains game, the screen does not show up HUD with appearance/weapons/contracts/... menu (I have a transparent screen with the map in background) and I cannot interact at all. I am forced to quit and retry multiple times. As a result, I just bought season pass and have to try for 30 minutes before being able to join a game. I feel very, very, VERY frustrated and angry...

Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: No. 80% of the time

Details on how to reproduce the issue: I don't know if the bug comes from me or from your servers, and I have no means to verify if other players experience the same problem.

Please help me!

[Moderator Note: Edited title for merged threads]
Post edited by EA_Afista on

Replies

• I am playing on PS4 with the Bespin DLC/latest patch installed, and there are many bugs. This is the biggest issue, and has happened both to me and to a member of my party. We are in a lobby, play multiple games on the playlist, and then all of a sudden one of us cannot join the next match. It will say "JOINING - Waiting for more players" but the game has already started. You cannot join, and you are eventually are booted for being "idle" for too long.
  • Namir
    8 posts Member
    I encountered this issue myself, on PC.
    You believe the Empire is continually plotting to do harm. Let me tell you, your view of the Empire is far too dramatic. The Empire is a government. It keeps billions of beings fed and clothed. Day after day, year after year, on thousands of worlds, people live their lives under Imperial rule without seeing a stormtrooper or hearing a TIE fighter scream overhead.
  • Also encountered on PS4
  • MinTuba
    98 posts Member
    I encountered this evening on an XB1 after my third or fourth match.
  • I am getting a similar problem but mine is not even loading into ANY Server. No matter if it is DLC or Not.
  • Just an assumption here, but I bet because matches now start instantly and the UI just freaks out every now and them because of it.
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    I'm getting this a lot. It says Waiting for players, but the game has started and people are playing. You then get an AFK warning and get booted. It's particularly frustrating if you're in a party of 8 and 2 get in the game and the other 6 get booted.

We also encountered games where the other team was full but 6 to 8 players on the other team are not in the actual game. We tried on Bespin and on the vanilla game modes and it is the same.
  • confirmed on Xbox One , this has happened a few times today, it's made the game unplayable .
    "With the Force, he has joined. Grieve, I will not"
  • KCJeff420
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm having the same issue's on my PS4 right NOW! It says waiting for other people to join. Are you telling me only 4 people are playing right now?? All modes including Outer Rim. What is going on?
  • Same problem.
  • Obviously, once again, EA released rushed product out the door. I'm VERY angry right now
  • Same. Either it crashes or just get a blank screen with the menu invisible
  • Centoxe
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Everytime I join a match of Heroes V Villains it says 6/6 on each side and then when i get in everyone leaves/has left and the game won't start.
    Post edited by Centoxe on
  • Same but for me it happens 100% of the time on PS4, guess i can't play any HvV till its patched :(
  • HvV is pretty much non existent and not able to be played. constant drops, pauses, and or not even able to get into a game. This has also affected other areas of play. When is this going to get fixed? Because the game isn't even playable for the things i purchased it for...
  • i tried to join the game and the game started but i am still on the joining screen.

• Hero vs Villians bug is not letting me play a match
  • A3ONIC
    11 posts Member
    Yes this is also happening to me. I will join a game but the when its time for the next round, it freezes up and won't take you to the next screen.
  • On PS4 I can't join heroes vs villains. The interface on the screen where I can change my load out and view Hutt contracts etc before the joining the match is invisible and all I can see are my avatar and friends avatars on the top left and the background graphic for the level.
  • I started with a full match on both teams but since one person (on opposite team) didn't pick a villian everyone got kicked because he/she was idle, one person
  • This happened to me yesterday. I tried joining my friend's game and it gets stuck in joining screen or it doesnt join at all
  • BigChieftain
    68 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Can't start a hvv game either.
  • Josh24
    117 posts Member
    Same here ps4. Blank screen. I just see the background picture
  • I'm unable to play matches on this game mode ever since the Bespin update. No user interface but if you try to play the game, nothing happens. Playing on Xbox one. Not sure about other consoles.
  • This is due to a certain player who is chosen to play as a hero goes afk. This causes the game to stand still, and everyone currently one the server is kick for idle. The game registers disconnects as deaths, so to the game, all the heroes die, and the server is put at an ultimate never-ending standstill.
  • Adamecek123
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Heroes vs Villains does not work. When I run this minigame it shows a blue screen with at at and nothing more ...
    it also happens to other players ...
  • Thanks for the information. :)
  • our is glitching during a match and you can not finish it. Or sometimes when it comes to the first screen to check status and switch power-ups, it is blank with only background picture. then if you hit two lefts and "A" it goes into a lockup game. FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOEVER DID THE UPDATE SCREWED THIS PART UP. IT ALL STARTED WITH THE BESPIN UPDATE.
  • our is glitching during a match and you can not finish it. Or sometimes when it comes to the first screen to check status and switch power-ups, it is blank with only background picture. then if you hit two lefts and "A" it goes into a lockup game. FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOEVER DID THE UPDATE SCREWED THIS PART UP. IT ALL STARTED WITH THE BESPIN UPDATE.

I have the exact same problem. Ever since the update I'm lucky if I can join a match at all. I've tried waiting to see if it was just loading slow but it never let's me play. Just kicks me out for being idle too long.
  • hayhor1
    182 posts Member
    At first I could only be a Rebel. Now I cannot even get into a game. It just sits there and says needs two more players before idle warning kicks me out.

This is the mode me and my son play 75% of the time. WTF EA???!!!!
  • Josh24
    117 posts Member
    Same here ps4. After I do get a screen to show up, in between matches or after dying, it will turn transparent again.
  • Josh24
    117 posts Member
    This is really bad. Happening every match. We got to the last match, now everyone is frozen on the transparent screen. I tried waiting, but eventually the game crashed and shut off
  • Josh24
    117 posts Member
    Ever since the update. PS4. This is a priority issue.
  • Josh24
    117 posts Member
    Also no player stats show up between games. U can select a hero, but nothing shows up for your own trooper/rebel.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Platform: PS4
    Issue: Trying to join vanilla HvV game from the Mainlobby. On every game I find I get the "invisible start lobby"... when right clicking three times and "X" I get into the game but it never starts. When pucing the pad on the controller I can see that other players are coming and leaving with out anything happens. Some are greyed out and some are not. it shows "need 2 more players" even when the game is full...
    Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes
    Details on how to reproduce the issue: as described above
    Region: EU
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): GET
    Connection Speed: 222/17Mb router, PS4 NIC shows: 8.4/6.7 MB
    Screenshots or Private video links: on request
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • I can't play original game heroes vs villains, anyone know why and can it be fixed?
  • Look above.
  • Same has been happening to me
  • I am seeing this same problem as well. It shows me joining a game, but when it should start I simply get a blurred out scenery screen with no options. All I can do is quit or resume.
  • Platform: PS4
    Issue: HvV in original game will not load me into a game. It only shows a blurred out scenery screen when the game should start. Only can quit or resume.
    Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes
    Details on how to reproduce the issue: Simply happens whenever I start a game.
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): Xfinity
    Connection Speed: Ping 29ms, download 89.79mbps, upload 12.04mbps
  • Region: NA
  • It takes three or four tries to get into a HvV game after the BESPIN update..Most times you get a waiting for players to join minimum of two players required message and it never starts...other times you get a blank or missing splash screen and get kicked out for being idle....when you get in the game seems ok, but ii is sooooo frustrating to keep trying so many times...my average wait time to play a game is usually 10 minutes....come on guys release a patch for this soon...
  • Occasionally when a match is starting and I press the "PRESS TO JOIN" button, it will change to JOINING... waiting for players, but I never join the game. The game clearly starts because players start racking up kills, but clicking the JOIN button has no effect. Eventually I time out. Other players in the chat report experiencing the same problem when it happens to me.
  • OMG same here, probably cause EA thought everyone would flock to the Bespin DLC, AND THEREIS NOT EVEN A FREAKING HEROES VS VILLAINS THERE!!!!!!!!!>:(
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    I can't play original game heroes vs villains, anyone know why and can it be fixed?

FYI they are releasing a patch sometime tomorrow to fix this