criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Game is beyond repair

Prev1
briandt75
5610 posts Member
How is any casual supposed to play this game? I've played over 500 hours in it and I'm getting 1 & 2 shot from across the map, behind a dune, around a tree, from the roof of the 7-11. It's impossible to play this game. What is going on with this thing?
41st Forum Fury Battalion Member

Replies

• Sletchy
    126 posts Member
    I have to drink while I play this game.
  • tankertoad
    5814 posts Member
    It would be interesting to watch two games played at the same time side by side. 1 guy thinks he's awesome the other guy is like why am I getting shot behind a wall?
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • It's just out of control at this point no one knows what to do with it that's why bf2 is being rushed out but they are making the same mistakes with out a doubt so I dunno game is fun at times but mostly a horror show
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    I'd love to watch a few of the devs try and play this abomination for 10 minutes. Man would that be sweet.
  • Sletchy wrote: »

I have to smoke. Either way, you need some destressing methods after some games on here. I find the more inebriated I am the less I care, and the better I end up doing.

My advice is Jetpack/Beserker/Explosive Shot(or Personal Shield if you're really getting sniped hard)/Bacta/DL-17 and hunt those camping **** down.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    briandt75 wrote: »
    I'd love to watch a few of the devs try and play this abomination for 10 minutes. Man would that be sweet.

"What have we done?!?"
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »
    Sletchy wrote: »

I have to smoke. Either way, you need some destressing methods after some games on here. I find the more inebriated I am the less I care, and the better I end up doing.

My advice is Jetpack/Beserker/Explosive Shot(or Personal Shield if you're really getting sniped hard)/Bacta/DL-17 and hunt those camping **** down.

Lmfao so true
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    It would be interesting to watch two games played at the same time side by side. 1 guy thinks he's awesome the other guy is like why am I getting shot behind a wall?

Thats whats good aout the chat on computer, ive watched videos of people accusing the guy of havking and saying things like i snuck up behind him and unloaded and ge turned and 1 shot me but the guys screen who made the video thats not even remotely what happened
  • ryanjk
    492 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »

"What have we done?!?"

Not enough obviously huehue
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    500+ hours on the game and aother 500+ crying about it, you are seriously the most miserable unhappy person on this forum, for as many nerf and hate and cry posts youve made youd think you have less than 10 hours on the game
  • briandt75 wrote: »

Dude that would be great, id love to watch that. I believe they havent played their game once.

• You feel marginally good about your play.....and then have nights like last night where every time you turn around you get 2 shotted. I don't know, some days I feel like a beast and some days it's like I've never played this game before. And then, for the final insult, I get sent to Twilight on Hoth. That's when you call it a wrap and throw in the towel.

I second this approach. Bourbon really aids in attitude adjustment.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Peepzilla wrote: »

Thanks for the advice, and I do appreciate it but I know what I'm doing. 500 hours? I've mastered many many many games over the years and this is ridiculous. There's something wrong with the game when I'm being 1 shot by pistols from out of line of sight across the board. My reflexes are as good or better than anyone's and in FS I consistently take 1st or 2nd.

In case you're curious my loadout lately is ee-3, jetpack, bowcaster, ES. With a Thermal, scan pulse, dioxis chaser for the 2nd hand.

It doesn't make sense in terms of how every game ever invented works. You play it enough, you get better, you do well. This game has become a walk through a minefield without shoes.
  • I second this approach. Bourbon really aids in attitude adjustment.

giphy.gif
    If I inadvertently emote someone here after killing you in BF, just picture me like this if it makes you feel better.

• DO2L
    129 posts Member
    It is the same Dice issue that Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline have. Out of region players. I wish they would give a server browser. I hate how you have to join a game. I do not know how Bespin DLC but Outter Rim DLC is terrible, no choices of modes. I hated Outter Rim so much I don't know if I will purchase Bespin.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Tattered29 wrote: »
    500+ hours on the game and aother 500+ crying about it, you are seriously the most miserable unhappy person on this forum, for as many nerf and hate and cry posts youve made youd think you have less than 10 hours on the game

I love how anyone with a complaint is "crying". Lol. Gimme a break loser.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    I second this approach. Bourbon really aids in attitude adjustment.

giphy.gif
    If I inadvertently emote someone here after killing you in BF, just picture me like this if it makes you feel better.

Hahaha. That IS gold.
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    I know that this is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played at times. Literally screaming at TV about things that should not have happened. But when it all works its amazing to see all the blaster fire back and forth across the room and storm troopers falling all around. It really is a warzone. No where is safe for long.
  • Peepzilla
    919 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Thanks for the advice, and I do appreciate it but I know what I'm doing. 500 hours? I've mastered many many many games over the years and this is ridiculous. There's something wrong with the game when I'm being 1 shot by pistols from out of line of sight across the board. My reflexes are as good or better than anyone's and in FS I consistently take 1st or 2nd.

In case you're curious my loadout lately is ee-3, jetpack, bowcaster, ES. With a Thermal, scan pulse, dioxis chaser for the 2nd hand.

It doesn't make sense in terms of how every game ever invented works. You play it enough, you get better, you do well. This game has become a walk through a minefield without shoes.

Yeah, I figured you know what you're doing, just wanted to place my camper-hunter loadout there for you. In some game modes I get so frustrated I stop going after objectives and the alluring KDR to strictly hunt down T-21 / Pulse Canon fuckbois.

I think the key advice here is drink/smoke until you either do better, feel better, or both. #huehue #getLIT
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    I haven't noticed any of this? But I have good internet connection.
  • Peepzilla wrote: »

Yeah, I figured you know what you're doing, just wanted to place my camper-hunter loadout there for you. In some game modes I get so frustrated I stop going after objectives and the alluring KDR to strictly hunt down T-21 / Pulse Canon fuckbois.

I think the key advice here is drink/smoke until you either do better, feel better, or both. #huehue #getLIT

#getLitWhilePlayingBattlefront is gonna be the new trend lmao

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    I know that this is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played at times. Literally screaming at TV about things that should not have happened. But when it all works its amazing to see all the blaster fire back and forth across the room and storm troopers falling all around. It really is a warzone. No where is safe for long.

You're right, and yeah I've invented some choice insults. My neighbors probably have a bat at the ready "just in case".

And tgere are days where I do well, but it seems like sometimes the game is out of my control, like it wouldn't matter who has the controller. Add in to that the fact that DICE has Frankenstein'd the bejeezus out of this thing. I'm surprised anything works.
    stevenomes wrote: »

You're right, and yeah I've invented some choice insults. My neighbors probably have a bat at the ready "just in case".

And tgere are days where I do well, but it seems like sometimes the game is out of my control, like it wouldn't matter who has the controller. Add in to that the fact that DICE has Frankenstein'd the bejeezus out of this thing. I'm surprised anything works.

Yesss!!! Let the hate flow through you apprentice! Soon we shall rule the galaxy!!!
  • Desiliijic
    558 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I'm not a sharpshooter, some days get better, others go very wrong with mi blaster; i have played a lot to FPS, but this has been my first multiplayer game; and i must say that this game will be my last multiplayer FPS (I look how wonderful looks the new Battlefield but that's not enough). As a seasons pass holder i will remain playing after the fourth DLC comes to us. Then surely i'll quit. why? I bought this game because i love Star Wars, and i had good times with it; but then comes DLCs that broke the game more than fixed it; then come the cheaters, the team killers, the bugs and, mainly and more important, the apparent disdain from the devs to the claims of the players base about those problems. DICE had made a visually stunning game, but empty of soul.Those are mi thoughts, i may be wrong; i hope i'm wrong, but for me there won't be Battlefront 2.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

Roger that amigo. Gin Gin and puff puff pass.
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    Drinking will numb the frustration. If I'm drinking I usually laugh when I die. it's happier and leads to less raging. Not always possible though.
  • I'm slightly above average on a good day, and sometimes I have to drop my controller and wonder in amazement on how I was killed in a split second with the A280 or one-shotted with an EE-3 from distance while at 100 health. Or killed around a rock. None of which were using ES or any other special load out that would suggest I die these ways.
  • Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    I don't think the game is beyond repair, however I also don't believe that the Dev team has the current resources to fix their issues. Look at evolution studios's game Driveclub. Horrible launch issues, but after a year it's a polished gem. From dlc decisions to having all tracks free to small implementations that were immersive. They were able to accomplish this because the whole Dev team stayed in place. Not so with this game.
  • "Booze: cause and solution of all the problems"; it´s only a temporary relief, and still no cantina on tatooine maps... :(
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Tyjames wrote: »
    I don't think the game is beyond repair, however I also don't believe that the Dev team has the current resources to fix their issues. Look at evolution studios's game Driveclub. Horrible launch issues, but after a year it's a polished gem. From dlc decisions to having all tracks free to small implementations that were immersive. They were able to accomplish this because the whole Dev team stayed in place. Not so with this game.

Yeah, true, I really should have just titled this the "Rage about the game" post. It does have it's moments good and bad, but boy when you're winning does it feel good. And when you keep getting killed and killed and killed and killed... It feels like the game was designed to torment only you.

...and the then you get a hero token and everything is allllllright.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

Yeah, true, I really should have just titled this the "Rage about the game" post. It does have it's moments good and bad, but boy when you're winning does it feel good. And when you keep getting killed and killed and killed and killed... It feels like the game was designed to torment only you.

So true, whenever I'm on losing teams that's how I feel too....

No, pal, the game was designed from a single guy in the NL. :D :D :D
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    Need some jawa juice.
  • We are getting low on booze...Try the blue milk :D
  • I'm slightly above average on a good day, and sometimes I have to drop my controller and wonder in amazement on how I was killed in a split second with the A280 or one-shotted with an EE-3 from distance while at 100 health. Or killed around a rock. None of which were using ES or any other special load out that would suggest I die these ways.

I hear you. I am average on a good day, but to get shot from a long distance by a pistol is the one that ticks me off. I can barely see them, but boom, I am dead. I am like... how did they see me.. then.. how did they even make that shot.. then.. how and the heck did that gun kill me that fast from that distance without giving me time to react??!!

This is my FPS and it has been a rough road. After this all plays out.. think I will go back to my PC gaming. Mass Effect is coming out soon.
  • Aeralure
    478 posts Member
    How is any casual supposed to play this game? I've played over 500 hours in it and I'm getting 1 & 2 shot from across the map, behind a dune, around a tree, from the roof of the 7-11. It's impossible to play this game. What is going on with this thing?

*Raises hand* Hence my thread a week or so ago - and I'm not a casual - I'm just new to console FPS.

There's a ton of things that need fixing, things to add and improve on etc. I don't believe it's DICE as much as EA. They made a ton of money from the sales of this game, gave what they had to over to Disney, deposited a lot so their quarter looked fantastic to investors, and then handed over what appears to be too small an amount to DICE to properly maintain and add to the game while also working on DLC. It's an insult to injury considering they rushed it and certainly had the money to devote more resources.

That aside, I haven't played in a week due to exactly what @briandt75 said. I'm missing it a little bit. I'm missing being partners with my friend - we got on chat and played an hour a night to visit and have fun. I am however not motivated to play this game alone at all - it's simply no fun due to being one-shotted and dying every few steps. I have my games where I do ok, and I usually land in the middle of the team standings, but I can't say it's actually fun most of the time. May or may not be back. I do miss it though, and I do really like some things about the game. Haven't played on any new Bespin map even haha. Suppose I should.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Aeralure wrote: »

*Raises hand* Hence my thread a week or so ago - and I'm not a casual - I'm just new to console FPS.

There's a ton of things that need fixing, things to add and improve on etc. I don't believe it's DICE as much as EA. They made a ton of money from the sales of this game, gave what they had to over to Disney, deposited a lot so their quarter looked fantastic to investors, and then handed over what appears to be too small an amount to DICE to properly maintain and add to the game while also working on DLC. It's an insult to injury considering they rushed it and certainly had the money to devote more resources.

That aside, I haven't played in a week due to exactly what @briandt75 said. I'm missing it a little bit. I'm missing being partners with my friend - we got on chat and played an hour a night to visit and have fun. I am however not motivated to play this game alone at all - it's simply no fun due to being one-shotted and dying every few steps. I have my games where I do ok, and I usually land in the middle of the team standings, but I can't say it's actually fun most of the time. May or may not be back. I do miss it though, and I do really like some things about the game. Haven't played on any new Bespin map even haha. Suppose I should.

@Aeralure are you on PS4? Add and we can play sometime. It is a lot more fun with a buddy.
  • Team balance has a lot to do with it I think as well. So many times teams are so mismatched it doesn't matter how good you are your going to die, a lot. I've noticed after the last update the one shoot kills are worse than when everyone used ES almost. It just seems easier to get killed even on level 3 traits.
  • Sb2432 wrote: »

I play on PC. It sure seems the console versions are way easier to hit with. Is that the case?

I have a screaming internet connection and my games are NEVER consistent. Sometimes I do great other times I get killed with one shot all game long. Like the difference between 20 to 5 and then 5 to 20. Most frustrating game I have ever played. If it wasn't F-ing Star Wars I'd quit.

Oh and **** get me started on the Hutt contracts where you HAVE to play as Lando. That means that I have to go on Sabotage, somehow find a here token that hasn't been camped then also do well with kills with Lando, who SUCKS!

Or go play heroes vs villains, hope I get to be on the rebel side, hope to get Lando and then do well with Lando who SUCKS!

Lastly when I quit a game out of frustration or because there is a cheater I go back out to find another game and get put right back into the exact game I quit. For the love of all that is holy, why would I want to get right back into a game I quit!!!!
  • My advice to new players. Don't worry about k/d. Find some team mates trying to capture/defend an objective and help them. Get killed, do it again. A lot of these modes are about putting bodies on objectives. If you are going to die a lot do it as cannon fodder and help the team capture/defend the objective. Also play the solo missions on advanced. It will help improve your skills.
  • veritechc wrote: »
    Sb2432 wrote: »

I play on PC. It sure seems the console versions are way easier to hit with. Is that the case?

I have a screaming internet connection and my games are NEVER consistent. Sometimes I do great other times I get killed with one shot all game long. Like the difference between 20 to 5 and then 5 to 20. Most frustrating game I have ever played. If it wasn't F-ing Star Wars I'd quit.

Oh and **** get me started on the Hutt contracts where you HAVE to play as Lando. That means that I have to go on Sabotage, somehow find a here token that hasn't been camped then also do well with kills with Lando, who SUCKS!

Or go play heroes vs villains, hope I get to be on the rebel side, hope to get Lando and then do well with Lando who SUCKS!

Lastly when I quit a game out of frustration or because there is a cheater I go back out to find another game and get put right back into the exact game I quit. For the love of all that is holy, why would I want to get right back into a game I quit!!!!

LOL omg you sound just like me

Quoted for truth. *applause*

PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

Quoted for truth. *applause*

I bet the devs are putting together a "special" christmas present just for me.
  • This is why I won't be buying the Bespin DLC. Most days it's hard enough to stay alive when there is a ton of cover on most maps. Bespin is mostly wide open with very little cover. I'd break my tv with my controller if I played Cloud City. I wouldn't last more than 10 seconds I'm guessing.

me too, but, it's because I like drinking

I bet the devs are putting together a "special" christmas present just for me.

You've made my Christmas card list, that's for sure. lol

PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • JPo_Baggins
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Bespin has been notorious thus far for breeding campers, but why is that inherently a bad thing? Just modify your gameplay, play more cautiously, look around a bit before you run out into the wide open areas, or don't play on those maps. Surely after 500+ hours and a self-avowed skill set that would make Liam Neeson look bad, this shouldn't be a problem. There are certainly other maps that provide more cover and don't have as much of a camper presence. The team balance is a problem, though, I'll give you that. And I agree it is infuriating to get picked off by blaster pistols from afar. That's not cool. But I just don't see what the big deal is about there being campers on a camper-friendly map. Like, in the words of the Hip Hop Kids, "What are the odds that a bear would be in a bear cave? Like 100%!"
  • i dunno as soon as i saw the bespin live stream well it was not live but anyway i knew bespin was gonna be sniper haven and i dont like the big maps in this game very much anyway so i knew it was not for me.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Bespin has been notorious thus far for breeding campers, but why is that inherently a bad thing? Just modify your gameplay, play more cautiously, look around a bit before you run out into the wide open areas, or don't play on those maps. Surely after 500+ hours and a self-avowed skill set that would make Liam Neeson look bad, this shouldn't be a problem. There are certainly other maps that provide more cover and don't have as much of a camper presence. The team balance is a problem, though, I'll give you that. And I agree it is infuriating to get picked off by blaster pistols from afar. That's not cool. But I just don't see what the big deal is about there being campers on a camper-friendly map. Like, in the words of the Hip Hop Kids, "What are the odds that a bear would be in a bear cave? Like 100%!"

I din't have Bespin. Good advice though.