criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Berserker vs Bodyguard

Vindictum
567 posts Member
I know they are both situational and I know one gives a damage amp over the other

I don't play with either so I'm curious about a few things. If it's more about the tankability, then bodyguard is supreme.

Level 1: Decreases explosive damage by a small amount

Level 3: Decreases explosive damage by a medium amount AND blaster damage by a small amount

as compared to Berserker which is

Level 1: Small blaster damage boost when hurt

Level 3: Medium blaster damage when hurt AND Damage resistance.

We'll go on the assumption that "Damage resistance" is weaker than level 3 damage resistances of Bodyguard, else it will completely eradicate that card; which will not be the case.

Berserker is trade specific card as in it's built on blaster trades between enemies.

Bodyguard is built for all round general tankability.

I'm really just asking here since I don't run either card, why do you choose one over the other?

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png

Replies

• Mkfrancis
    353 posts Member
    Scout
  • Kalsar
    469 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    They are very well balanced so it is a hard choice (for me anyway). If you hate being killed by explosives all the time, go the bodyguard. If you hate just losing out on gunfights, go the berzerker.

Just to add, I find it easier to level 3 berzerker though so that is what I am going for.
  • K9K9K9
    327 posts Member
    Haven't really played with body guard but berserker is 50% all around damage resistance.
  • Can't play without scout now - just too impatient NOT to give my position away at all times.
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    Lvl 3 berserker damage resistance is superior to lvl 3 bodyguard, apparently.

So... /thread.
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    Go to your stats page and look how many kills you get with explosives vs with blasters.. and thats why beserker is superior.
  • Kalsar
    469 posts Member
    Deerber wrote: »

So... /thread.

This is true, the blaster damage reduction from bodyguard level 3 is very little. Bodyguard level 1 gives good explosive protection though at all times and leveling it up does not really matter.. This is what makes it a hard choice.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    I've been using the berserker only cuz it's new.
    Just trying it out still.
    Kinda cool.
    But I really miss my Bounty Hunter trait
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member

So... /thread.

that would make bodyguard... obsolete at level 3. That can't be right..

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    I've used both, hard to say. I bleieve I like bodyguard a bit more for my stayle of play and the modes I tend to play (big maps).

When everyone used to spam the homing shot bodyguard was good because you had rockets exploding near you always. Helps when playing WA and Supremacy as well with the explosive splash from AT-ATs as well as aircraft.

Been giving beserker a try the past few weeks, and quite frankly I'm not sold on it. Though there's no doubt it's helped win a few gunfights I should have lost.

• Hooryder
    157 posts Member
    Scout and bounty Hunter. Berserker is cool when playing blast. Never gonna use body guard although it does help a lot more than berserker. When it's a nade fest I use it but I play a lot of TP so scout and bounty Hunter help me the most.
  • Been using Berserker and it's really good for up close offensive style. But bodyguard saved me from many explosions. Best to switch depending on map.
  • SamTheMan_33103
    1 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Well, The Bodyguard's resistance is only 20% less stronger than Berserker (50% > 30%), but the Berserker trait makes it harder to keep your health up with the increased heath regain time.

So, they're about 50/50 in terms of usefulness, Berserker for offence, and Bodyguard on defense. (Just my personal opinion)
  • GivenumDaBiznes
    1044 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Vindictum wrote: »

So... /thread.

that would make bodyguard... obsolete at level 3. That can't be right..

Oh it can and trust it is obsolete, I made a thread talking about this awhile back. Level 3 vs. Level 3 Berserker is superior hands down all day everyday. L3 Berserker gives you 75% more damage ("medium" damage boost lol) AND 50% all damage resistance while L3 Bodyguard only gives 50% resistance against explosive and 30% against blaster damage. If you are a good player who can consistently reach level 3 on your traits, Berserker is your best choice between the two for damage out put and tankability.

Lol just realized this was an old thread xD my apologies.
  • I use Berserker because I rarely get the first hit on an enemy soldier, thus I am injured and this trait helps me GREATLY. My poor aim is balanced by this trait. On the rare occasion I reach level 3, man, that is some fun gaming right there! Seems like one or two hit kills at that point, I almost feel guilty for killing those enemies. Almost. :p
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    I play with Survivalist to counter ES spammers. Run around a corner at low health, wait a second, gain full health, the spammer still thinks you have low health, they chase me, I shoot them in the face and do the laugh emote.
  • So that WAS you! lol good strategy.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • zoodc wrote: »
    I play with Survivalist to counter ES spammers. Run around a corner at low health, wait a second, gain full health, the spammer still thinks you have low health, they chase me, I shoot them in the face and do the laugh emote.

Used this trait so much until I tried scout. Good times lol
  • Berserker is a weak trait now. Went back to scout. Might try survivalist at some point.

Berserker used to be fun. Now level 3 doesn't help at any meaningful level.
  • Whysoap
    60 posts Member
    What did they change about it that made Beserker worthless ?
  • @Whysoap

Trait level 3 only kicks in after being damaged or under 73 % health(approximately). At that point though you are taking fire and won't last long enough to use the trait.

No other trait requires you to be damaged before the trait kicks in.
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    Berserker is a weak trait now. Went back to scout. Might try survivalist at some point.

Berserker used to be fun. Now level 3 doesn't help at any meaningful level.

Wot.

Lmfao.
  • NothingButSteel
    1593 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Berserker because it gives dmg resistance and dmg boost, pair it with bacta bomb and you have your self a god mode load out.
  • @NothingButSteel Not anymore. Someone did a numerical breakdown on how the bacta interacts with Berserker now, and its a noticeable dip in HP.
  • tts42572
    992 posts Member
    I haven't been a big bodyguard user but I think it's pretty helpful in modes like extraction and sabotage where grenades are getting spammed a lot.

And scout isn't as useful when there are teammates everywhere.

Berserker, it's good but I also mostly like it for blast where I can control my encounters a little more and get more 1 on 1 type situations. I like to pair either the shield or stim with berserker though to help offset that slow regen.
  • Sith_Lord_B_1977
    200 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    BTW, found this in the notes:

Berserker (Trait): The berserker effect will trigger on 78% HP or less

Now the question I have, is does that mean on any level you are using Berserker?

Because that wording makes it seem like it doesn't matter what level trait you are, it only goes into effect at 78% of full health or less, IE: Making it the most useless trait now. The added blaster output is insignificant if it only triggers after being hurt.

That my friends, is a huge nerf.
  • Tyjames
    807 posts Member
    I play objectively, and I need to take out opposing players fast. So for me bezerker is the trait I use. I feel I'm most effective with it, which is why every game out of 7 I'll get top ranks in all three categories.
  • Sletchy
    126 posts Member
    Beserker helps me net more kills, but I find that bodyguard keeps me alive longer. Reduced splash damage and explosive damage plus a normal regen rate keeps me alive longer. I seem to hit trait 3 with this card more than any other. Maybe it's just my play style.

On WA- bodyguard for rebels and beserker for imperials.
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    Really don't use either. I like Bounty Hunter.