criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Game Update
Forest of Endor

Crackling/popping/static sound

Replies

• Tried switching to 2.1 sound and headphones... still no audio in multiplayer... Currently not worth the $$ i paid for the game....
  • I also found out it's hit or miss. Not something I want to spend time on when having to always reboot the PC to see if it works
  • luisga777 wrote: »
    I found this fix on another forum and it worked for me!!!:

So I and a lot of other folks have been having a problem where no battle sounds can be heard in multiplayer, just music and menu sounds. Well, Battlefield 4 had a similar problem and since we're using the same engine here, the BF4 fix seems to translate to Battlefront.
    Go to your Documents folder: "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents"
    Open the "STAR WARS Battlefront" folder within
    Open the "settings" folder
    Open "ProfileOptions_profile" in Notepad
    Use Ctrl + F to find "0GstAudio.SoundSystem"
    Change the zero at the beginning to a 4 like so "4GstAudio.SoundSystem"
    Save the file
    Launch the game
    This has worked perfectly for me so far and I know I'm not alone in having this issue. Hope this gets everyone back in the game! :dizzy:

That worked for me too! But I didn't found "0GstAudio.SoundSystem", only "GstAudio.SoundSystem". Put the 4 anyway and the problem seems to be solved (the audio still makes some buzz and sparks sometimes).

Thanks!
  • Platform: PC
    Issue: Lost in-match sound (including music) and sound of background characters on main menu (eg R2-D2 and C3-PO). The "beep" while navigating menu items (main menu and "pause" (Esc) menu in-match) with the cursor still played as per usual.
    Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: no
    Details on how to reproduce the issue: I played through one rotation of all maps in the Fighter Squadron Game mode and then sound cut out. Sound still didn't play on the main menu and in other game modes after leaving the Fighter Squadron match. The only sound that played was the noise ("beep") when hovering over menu items with the cursor.
    Region: EU
    Internet Service Provider (ISP): Virgin Media
    Connection Speed: Ping - 17ms, Download - 55.08Mbps, Upload - 3.04Mbps
    Screenshots or Private video links: N/A
    Processor (CPU): AMD FX8150
    Graphics Card (GPU): AMD Radeon HD 7970
    Memory: 16GB
    Operating System: Windows 10
  • me too!!
  • blinkbeats
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    same issue here, sound cutts off, only menu sound works, ingame sound effects (blasters, explosions, foot steps, etc...) are non existent... anyone know how to fix this??

Processor: AMD FX 8350
    GPU: R9 390X (latest beta drivers)
    Mobo: Asus Crosshair V Formula - Z with built in Realtek Audio

Seems like this is a really common problem that is probably going to take Dice/EA 3 months to fix. Other people think it's an AMD GPU and CPU problem, I'm starting to think it is.

And does anyone else notice how BUGGY this forum is?
    Get your shiiiiit together EA/Dice before Disney sues the shiiit out of you for f-c-k-ing up their brand.
  • I'm having the same problem and have AMD CPU and GPU.

FX-6300
    R9 280
    8 gigs of ram
    Windows 10 64 bit with the latest update (not at my computer so I can't post specifics.)

I've tried to repair the game, updated my audio drivers, and have tried multiple other "fixes" without any change. I can't even get one game with proper sound at this point.
  • CheezBurger
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    So I selected to play 'Cargo' when my sound decided to crap itself... All I could hear was the sound of the cursor hovering over stuff. I couldn't hear music, sfx, voices, ambience, etc...
    Not sure what caused it, I tried going onto a mission afterwards and I still couldn't hear anything.
    I restarted the game and the sound seemed to fix itself.
    On top of this, I sometimes seem to get this horrible static noise when I'm in a lobby.

Just thought I'd point these out :/
    Post edited by CheezBurger on
  • This worked for me as a AMD GPU user:
    Right click: This PC
    Go to:
    ->Manage
    ->Device Manager
    ->Sound, Video and game controllers
    ->Right click AMD High Definition Sound and UNINSTALL IT.
  • luisga777 wrote: »

So I and a lot of other folks have been having a problem where no battle sounds can be heard in multiplayer, just music and menu sounds. Well, Battlefield 4 had a similar problem and since we're using the same engine here, the BF4 fix seems to translate to Battlefront.
    Save the file
    Launch the game
    This has worked perfectly for me so far and I know I'm not alone in having this issue. Hope this gets everyone back in the game! :dizzy:

Its really works!!

thank you very much!
  • I've had this exact issue. Super frustrating
  • Platform: PC

Issue: The sound starts to buzz like it's coming through a detuned radio.

Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Yes

Details on how to reproduce the issue: Choosing to replay a mission makes this happen every time. Sound stays like that until restarting the client. Sometimes it starts buzzing apparently at random.

Processor (CPU): AMD FX 4350 quad core 4.2GHz

Graphics Card (GPU): AMD or Nvidia Model Number
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
  • I had the same problem, I would just wait until the first patch comes out!
  • MethodicalMayhem
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I have also had this exact issue. The game is great, but this is a rather frustrating bug. Blaster fire is super important to be able to hear imo.
  • Reading through the specs posted in this forum and on Reddit in relation to this issue, I'm guessing it's related to the fabled issue with the AMD sound driver in Catalyst for Windows 10, which AMD still haven't bothered to fix in the last 4 months...
  • I have the same problem in Windows 7
  • WaaaghZag wrote: »
    Reading through the specs posted in this forum and on Reddit in relation to this issue, I'm guessing it's related to the fabled issue with the AMD sound driver in Catalyst for Windows 10, which AMD still haven't bothered to fix in the last 4 months...

Yeah thats probably the issue. I had a similar issue with another game.
  • I have the same Problem. It super annoying and make the game almost unplayable. I would expect more from a 60$ game.
  • It seems to be something with AMD cards though, as we all have AMD Graphics and Processors.
  • I have noticed this on my headset too.
  • billbixby
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    ACTUALLY STILL NO SOUND, SOMETIMES MUSIC. WORKED FOR ONE GAME, THEN OFF
    Post edited by billbixby on
  • same here :( sometimes the sound of the blasters and explosions even completly disapears.

If that bug happens to me it starts at the beginning of a game and lasts forever. only restart game fixes the problem ... what a shame!
  • billbixby
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Still no sound, yay $100 Canadian. woohoo. OF note, I also am using amd7850 like the original post. And onboard realtek sound card.
  • It looks like it says 0GstAudio.SoundSystem but you're really changing GstAudio.SoundMix.
    Open it in wordpad and it'll be:
    GstAudio.SoundMix 0
    GstAudio.SoundSystem 1

Change it so it shows:
    GstAudio.SoundMix 4
    GstAudio.SoundSystem 1
  • blinkbeats wrote: »
    Anyone else having this problem?

Yes, exact same problem. Thanks for the video evidence.
  • Any recommendations for someone who is having the same issue but stereo mix isn't showing up even though show disabled and disconnected devices are checked? I have windows 8.1 64bit FX-6300 and R9 290. So same problem with same AMD specs, just don't have stereo mix and can't figure out how to fix it.
  • 99% of the time if it happens it'll happen when I first start my game and i just have to restart. Thats just kind of an inconvenience but when it happens mid match its a little more annoying.
    At least its really rare for me
  • Yep having the same stupid issue that is happening more often and its really starting to ***** me off. AMD CPU and GPU just like the rest of you guys. And for some reason the stereo mix won't show up even when I show disabled devices so I don't know if that works. But EA or AMD really need to fix this cause at this rate I am very upset about buying a game that has this big of an issue.
  • Tried this and it did not work
  • I just bought the game 1hr ago. i have only been able to play 1 game with audio wtf EA?

AMD 9370 FX 4.8ghz
    32gb ram
    Sapphire R9-295x2
    Windows 10 64bit
  • same here, did not work for me - anybody knows we get a fix or something for this? It really keep down the fun
  • same issue
  • I am also having this issue, and I have tried numerous "solutions" that people have suggested on the forums. None of which have worked. Wish EA would actually respond to these things in some manner.
  • explosivesnack
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Comment deleted. Please refrain from using profanity within the forum.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing_268 on
  • DrSmilz wrote: »
    It seems to be something with AMD cards though, as we all have AMD Graphics and Processors.

I have an i3 9373 and mine goes in and out. I'm wondering if it's more software rather than hardware. Something EA needs to look into. I'm about ready to return the game. So disappointing.
  • swbfinterested
    462 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I have the same problem on PC, sometimes when I join a game I will have no combat sounds. only menu and alerts. No guns, explosions, or yells =/.
    Pretty sure this problem is on their end, not my hardware. I bet they aren't stopping all playing sounds or something like that so they accumulate.
    I have the proper in game sound settings, headphones, and 2.0

I DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN THE BETA. So some programmer some where really @#$$ed up this time.
    Need to fire some people, DICE.
  • yeah i get exactly the same issue! im running on a AMD R9 290x gpu. every time i restart the game its fixed.
  • I play on the xbox one and the sound cut out on the middle of a match. This is the same crap EA does. They put out broken game after broken game and don't fix the old ones. I've owned this game just over 24 hours and already want to return it and get my money back.
  • Naturally EA will blame the players. It'll be my consoles fault, then my disc and finally my internet provider. They actually told me my internet provider was causing the issue. Just like my internet causes battlefield to freeze
  • so i downloaded the latest Beta driver for my gpu released on 11-16-15. it fixed the sound issue but guess what..... now the maps dont fully load..... i can only see up to 15 feet away from me... everything is black... i have a $1000USD gpu and this is happening. i regret buying this game
  • So I decided to try and change my video setting back to default. I normally play windowed full screen borderless or whatever it's called due to a second monitor. After I made the change I was able to play a few games without any audio problems. I even alt tabbed out and came back and had no issues.

Give it a try if you aren't playing in full screen normal mode and see if it helps.
  • MarihuanoAzteca
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    so i downloaded the latest Beta driver for my gpu released on 11-16-15. it fixed the sound issue but guess what..... now the maps dont fully load..... i can only see up to 15 feet away from me... everything is black... i have a $1000USD gpu and this is happening. i regret buying this game

got it fixed. Lower Lighting Effects to Low/Medium settings
  • Franyr1 wrote: »
    luisga777 wrote: »

Save the file
    Launch the game

Its really works!!

thank you very much![/

GstAudio.MusicEnabled 1
    GstAudio.SoundMix 4
    GstAudio.SoundSystem 1
    GstAudio.Stereo 1
    GstAudio.VoiceoverLanguage 1

Someone try it and let me know if it worked for you too :D
  • So this was my problem: I would start the game no problem, play a few rounds of multiplayer, then when the next game was loading, I would lose all sound. Sometimes Music would start when objectives started, or a few sound effects, like starfighters flying by. If you are having same problem, this is what I did:

Close the game and on PC, go to:
    C:\Users\YOURNAMEHERE\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront\settings

Open"ProfileOptions_profile" with notepad and find the following (it was at the very beginning for me):

GstAudio.IsAtmos 0
    GstAudio.MusicEnabled 0
    GstAudio.SoundMix 4
    GstAudio.SoundSystem 0
    GstAudio.Stereo 0
    GstAudio.VoiceoverLanguage 0

Your numbers at the end might be slightly different but most of them should be at 0.
    Change this to:

GstAudio.IsAtmos 1
    GstAudio.MusicEnabled 1
    GstAudio.SoundMix 4
    GstAudio.SoundSystem 1
    GstAudio.Stereo 1
    GstAudio.VoiceoverLanguage 1

Save and launch the game, it should work :D
    Please let me know if this worked for you.
  • A for effort but is not a fix. This actually caused the sound to go out entirely for me.
  • Isn't 0 equal to True, while 1 equals to False?
  • What is going on with the sound?
    Why are people posting possible "fixes" hours after release? Also that's fiddling with your config without really knowing what settings you are enabling/disabling, we aren't the game developers.
    I think we should be asking EA what is going on with the sound issues, and we require feedback.
    A modern game that cost around £50 should not have terrible sound issues.
    Please resolve this EA.
  • That's a computer science enigma. 0 and 1 are not logic gates though 1 is usually a TRUE in methodology.

Why post possible "fixes"? EA really have to fix this sound issue right away, and let us know what is going on.
  • It seems that randomly the in-game sound will just stop working. Music and UI sounds continue to work, but all sounds from the actual gameplay do not work. This has happened to me so far on at least Blast and Supremacy game modes.

I have tried playing with every sound option there is. It doesn't make a difference. The only way to "fix" it is to restart the game and hope you don't get affected on the 2nd match.
  • Do you have a Sound Blaster Z installed?