criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Got the goodies... Back to vanilla

Prev13
GRDNANGL172
5513 posts Member
edited June 2016
Now that I have unlocked the new cards I see no reason to play Bespin. Sabotage has to be more inbalanced than even fighter squadron.

Speaking of which, now we only get one game of fighter squadron in the rotation. So we can't even join a game in progress with a chance to play a full game after that.

This playlist has absolutely killed fighter squadron in Bespin. Since it is going to forced modes, broken cloud cars, and inbalanced sabotage I am just going to play the base game here and there. The way they are handling these DLC's couldn't be worse. What a disaster...
giphy.gif

Replies

• moondynemc
    1979 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    When I read OR HvV was back to its former glory I jumped right on.. Aaand no games. For hours.
  • I swear yesterday in Vanilla FS the AI were shooting others (or just hero ships? ) Bespin FS is total disappointment
  • Made the jump back to vanilla also and don't see myself returning whilst there is a playlist
    PSN: bilbo2407
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I swear yesterday in Vanilla FS the AI were shooting others (or just hero ships? ) Bespin FS is total disappointment

It really is. It is BEAUTIFUL map. It's like they don't even want us to play it. The cloud car is a train wreck. I was looking forward to playing some fighter squadron, even though the hit detection STILL ISNT FIXED AFTER 2 MONTHS. (I'm looking at you devs). Really dropped the ball bad on this one. Bigtime.
    hqdefault.jpg
  • Themainman
    1980 posts Member
    Now that I have unlocked the new cards I see no reason to play Bespin. Sabotage has to be more inbalanced than even fighter squadron.

Speaking of which, now we only get one game of fighter squadron in the rotation. So we can't even join a game in progress with a chance to play a full game after that.

This playlist has absolutely killed fighter squadron in Bespin. Since it is going to forced modes, broken cloud cars, and inbalanced sabotage I am just going to play the base game here and there. The way they are handling these DLC's couldn't be worse.
    not a big fan of fightersquadron its so unbalanced and frustrating cause dying right before you get the hero pickup or right after getting its is so frustrating lol but sorry your game mode isnt getting any love probably deathstar

• GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    They have given fighter squadron ZERO love since the game came out last November. Lowering the blasters of the rebel ships during shield use was their halfhearted attempt to balance the mode, and it does no good. Hit detection still broken. Why make a great map for a new DLC, and they hide it in a playlist where it comes up 1/50 games if that, and leave game breaking bugs unfixed? The incompetence absolutely blows my mind. Do they have interns working on this game now? Because that is honestly what it feels like as a player at this point.
    wrkng.gif
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I only "like" playing Sabotage on the Carbon Chamber, otherwise I'm back to Vanilla and OR.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Kalsar
    469 posts Member
    The disaster which is DLC playlists just keeps on rollin'
  • Baseeco
    562 posts Member
    Woah. I personally like the Bespin maps, except the carbonite chamber bloodbath.
    The only game mode I don't play in Bespin is Supremacy.
  • Matodox
    48 posts Member
    +1 for truth.
  • Love the Sabotage bloodbaths. Everyone gets to taste my Dioxis spam. Nothing else quite gets my heart pumping than knowing the only barrier between me and 4 heroes + 12 infantry is my measly Dioxis.
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • Newsh
    172 posts Member
    The Fighter Squadron Bespin map being locked in a rotating playlist is frustrating to say the least

Its a stunning map, easily the best looking, but having to drop out to main menu and go back in just to play FS is really annoying.

They dropped the ball with the playlist for sure.

Clown Cloud Car has potential but its useless in Fighter Squadron, completely useless
    TK7725 - 501st Legion.
  • It's pretty useless in the other Bespin modes as well. The only place you can even touch an Xwing or Tie fighter is fighter squadron (still broken), and that is locked behind a playlist that basically won't let you play it. Double u tee F?? I really don't understand what they are thinking.
  • Sorry, I rock in the cloud car and at FS. If it seems like the I am hitting the ship but it takes no damage, I just back off of the thrusters and the points start piling up. Gosh, I hate giving this information away. I wanna stay at the top of the leaderboard. The cloud car's usefulness in FS is as a defensive patrol around the floating platforms. You get wrecked in the thing in the empty space between those platforms.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    The cloud car hit box is 100% broken sir. If it is turning even slightly it can not be hit with blasters at all. It's worse than the A-wing before it was patched. I'm great at the mode too, but being unable to hit the cloud car is just **** and broken. As if people don't know that the hit detection is so broken that you have to be at medium to long range to hit anything now? If you're at close range and your target is turning, you can't register a single hit. I guess this just proves that some people are really easily satisfied. I want the game to actually work properly that I paid for.
  • [/s]
    The cloud car hit box is 100% broken sir. If it is turning even slightly it can not be hit with blasters at all. It's worse than the A-wing before it was patched. I'm great at the mode too, but being unable to hit the cloud car is just **** and broken. As if people don't know that the hit detection is so broken that you have to be at medium to long range to hit anything now? If you're at close range and your target is turning, you can't register a single hit. I guess this just proves that some people are really easily satisfied. I want the game to actually work properly that I paid for.

It's things like this that are truly inexcusable on DICE's end. These are basic things that you check before releasing an update, get it together.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I let vestal know about the problem when it started back when outer rim dropped. Then I find out that T-47's were ALWAYS intended to be able to hit Tie fighters. It's the same hit detection bug. It started with the T-47, and now it is affecting all the fighters in the game.
    Think back to a time when you put your crosshairs on a turning target and blew it up with a quick snapshot. Now it's like you are flying a T-47, but you're in an X-Wing! If the target is close and turning you get just sparks for your effort and no damage.
  • Sabotage is probably best enjoyed with a new 'mayhem' PSNID so you can accept all the death and just have fun ...sure there are plenty of online MP shooters where you can use the ID for :-)
  • The FS Bespin map might look good but I suspect even with the fixes and moved out of the playlist it will not play good. Just an open space - Gas 'Balloons' are too far apart to make it interesting
  • People can now either fly or not so put the original speed back into FS .......so sloooooooooooow
  • I keep switching between the 3 Playlist ;)
    https://youtube.com/SpieleNerd <-- Best Let's Plays in the Galaxy!
  • That moment when flying in Lego Star Wars TFA is better than Fighter Squadron :neutral:
  • Since Fighter Squadron really isnt integrated into Battlefront it should be a standalone game and all maps should be available to all.

You would think if you never bought the game that Fighter Squadron would be happening above a large map everything going at the same time.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • Newsh wrote: »
    Clown Cloud Car has potential but its useless in Fighter Squadron, completely useless

Hit the nail on the head.

PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • Yeah Bespin is just a clustered mess! You just as well have eveyone line up in a straight line adjecent from one another and start firing.
  • Newsh wrote: »

Hit the nail on the head.

Nothing but the truth. It could be so much more but you can't hit it and you can't hit with it. Smh can we get more than eye candy for FS please
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    After all the hype, Bespin was ho hum at best.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I let vestal know about the problem when it started back when outer rim dropped. Then I find out that T-47's were ALWAYS intended to be able to hit Tie fighters. It's the same hit detection bug. It started with the T-47, and now it is affecting all the fighters in the game.
    Think back to a time when you put your crosshairs on a turning target and blew it up with a quick snapshot. Now it's like you are flying a T-47, but you're in an X-Wing! If the target is close and turning you get just sparks for your effort and no damage.

Make detailed vids on the turning starfighters hit box detection problems. Do like 10 examples for each craft. Post on reddit and other media where people can see it more and make more impact about it. Im sure alot of people will start talking and this will get more attention. These forums are nothing compared to reddit and twitter.

• Yeah the bespin dlc in general is quite weak, the playlist system just kills it all together. At least outer rim had extraction, a fun game mode, but it got killed by the playlist all the same.
    The moment where u payed for the dlc and u see yourself playing the base game alot more just days/hours after the dlc released u know something is wrong.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    giphy.gif

The locomotive is the playlist, pulling all the modes and new maps (wagons) into the abyss.

Would be way better even if they split the tedious and long modes from the quicker ones into 2 playlists but oh well...we know it wont happen.
  • Yeah the bespin dlc in general is quite weak, the playlist system just kills it all together. At least outer rim had extraction, a fun game mode, but it got killed by the playlist all the same.
    The moment where u payed for the dlc and u see yourself playing the base game alot more just days/hours after the dlc released u know something is wrong.

When you have the season pass and move on to other games before you even finish unlocking all the new level 2 star cards
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Cant see myself staying in this playlist thing for long either. Vanilla and OR here we go. Bespin is only playable with mode selection.
  • Yeah Bespin is just a clustered mess! You just as well have eveyone line up in a straight line adjecent from one another and start firing.

You know we actually did that in one of events right? :P
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Basr Game is better than DLC IMO. I just upgraded star cards and im going back to vanilla even as I write this thread.
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    lol, I was honestly, seriously about to grab the season pass just now. Thankfully I bumped into this thread.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    Man I'm so glas I didn't invest in the season pass and I think I will pass on the Bespin DLC. I have Outter Rim and I do not play it. I hate how the playlists are and seems like Bespin is the same.
  • Alvonator
    2510 posts Member
    Mord-Vi wrote: »
    lol, I was honestly, seriously about to grab the season pass just now. Thankfully I bumped into this thread.

The playlist gets really boring. After like 2 matches, I go back to Vanilla to play the great base maps. The only real good thing IMO are the new weapons and star cards. Other than that, replaying the same maps in the playlist gets veryrepetitive. The base game interchanges maps and that is very refreshing. If only DLC was free, everyone would play, game would be fully alive, and maps would not get repetitive on playlist.
  • Mord-Vi
    907 posts Member
    Alvonator wrote: »
    Mord-Vi wrote: »

The playlist gets really boring. After like 2 matches, I go back to Vanilla to play the great base maps. The only real good thing IMO are the new weapons and star cards. Other than that, replaying the same maps in the playlist gets veryrepetitive. The base game interchanges maps and that is very refreshing. If only DLC was free, everyone would play, game would be fully alive, and maps would not get repetitive on playlist.

It makes me wish their was a dlc pack that just includes the weapons, without the pointless dlc playlists.

I really want the ee-4 and adren stim/disruption cards.
    --i7-5960X OC @ 4.4 Ghz--G.SKILL DDR4 16GB--SLI EVGA ACX 2.0 FTW GTX970--
  • You definitely have to adjust your playing style on Bespin. It is a meat grinder. Get ready for daisy chain spawning. Even with the bugs and aggravations, I would buy it again (season pass holder, obviously).
  • Pretty sure Dennis said they're working on something where you can select one mode and play it continuously in the playlist.
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    I guess it's time to finish the missions™
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    I don't get the complaining about Bespin. I think it rocks. And I don't understand how you all are saying you can't get into FS. There was a long period of time last weekend where I was in about 3 FS matches in a row. I thought you all wanted room to room urban fighting? The firefights on Bespin are SUPER intense and are a blast to play. Pun Intended. As far as the cloud car is concerned, I agree that thing sucks. But I think it's built for speed and agility. They are a pain to catch. They are SO fast. I haven't played the main game since like March. I might have gone back to Survivors of Endor (love that map) or Jakku less than a hand full of times. The fact that I don't play as often as I would like prolly has something to do with it. I respect the opinions of everyone but content wise,this game is WORLDS ahead of where it was in November, December or January. I'm on XB1 and I haven't been the victim of game-breaking bugs.
  • Trooper8059
    10198 posts Member
    Fighter Squadron is still a mess, I 100% agree. I much preferred the beta starfighter controls, at least that one made sense as to why sparks were bouncing off the enemy ships. Too bad they changed the controls because of PC complaints.

In the stream Dennis said they don't want to make dramatic changes due to the response by the community, but the one thing that needs dramatic change is Fighter Squadron.

This is from the Beta. The shots land if you get the circle in the correct position, not to mention to get a lock on, you have to be aiming at the target almost exactly. Fancy-flying actually meant something.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Now that HvV is fixed I'm going to be playing that more along with my favorite big mode, Turning Point. The Bespin maps look amazing but I don't like the playlist and I don't find Sabotage very fun. Probably won't be playing Bespin much anymore.
  • JoshDamage wrote: »
    I don't get the complaining about Bespin. I think it rocks. And I don't understand how you all are saying you can't get into FS. There was a long period of time last weekend where I was in about 3 FS matches in a row. I thought you all wanted room to room urban fighting? The firefights on Bespin are SUPER intense and are a blast to play. Pun Intended. As far as the cloud car is concerned, I agree that thing sucks. But I think it's built for speed and agility. They are a pain to catch. They are SO fast. I haven't played the main game since like March. I might have gone back to Survivors of Endor (love that map) or Jakku less than a hand full of times. The fact that I don't play as often as I would like prolly has something to do with it. I respect the opinions of everyone but content wise,this game is WORLDS ahead of where it was in November, December or January. I'm on XB1 and I haven't been the victim of game-breaking bugs.

Well they have made adjustments since last weekend as of this Monday. Now, you get ONEGAME of fighter squadron IF it shows up in the playlist. It doesn't even let you play both sides now. If you join a game in progress it will ALWAYS go to a different mode right after the game you just joined. Not cool devs. Not cool. Fix the bugs and give us fighter squadron in its own mode playlist. The ground pounders don't have to mess with it, and the pilots can play as much as they want.
  • Matodox
    48 posts Member
    Pretty sure Dennis said they're working on something where you can select one mode and play it continuously in the playlist.

What about letting you choose your own map, like in vanilla? I really miss that feature the most in both DLCs.
  • stevenomes
    4645 posts Member
    Matodox wrote: »
    Pretty sure Dennis said they're working on something where you can select one mode and play it continuously in the playlist.

What about letting you choose your own map, like in vanilla? I really miss that feature the most in both DLCs.

I think he said something about that too in the thread. Basically it's not possible due to low population in certain regions/modes.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    Matodox wrote: »

I think he said something about that too in the thread. Basically it's not possible due to low population in certain regions/modes.

And the more they restrict players, the lower the player base will drop. If they started listening maybe the numbers would go UP instead of down.
  • RogueKarp
    1003 posts Member
    The one big thing I want with instant action is the ability to play DLC modes/maps. I really enjoyed multiplayer in the Outer Rim, but hardly anybody plays OR now. On the flip side, I don't really enjoy multiplayer on Bespin, but feel like I would get a lot of enjoyment out of it offline.
  • nights_wake
    318 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Yea it's pretty sad glad I dint buy the season pass.. I still want to buy it but really after seeing the train wreck it is im not sure I should.... I love the base game but I hate playlist so I won't be buying until that garbage is gone