criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

How long do you anticipate playing Bespin DLC?

I have enjoyed playing the Bespin DLC the past two weeks as a Season Pass holder. I like the various maps and modes, but I know eventually I will get bored of the Bespin playlist. Like with Outer Rim before it, I will eventually return to one of the base game playlists. I admit that Walker Assault is my favorite mode and I enjoy the base game WA playlist. It was nice that the Bespin DLC included a WA map, but how many times can you play that map in a row? People have bashed the base game for its lack of content, yet I think it says something that I keep coming back to it. The three additional free WA maps help of course. So, how long do you anticipate playing the Bespin DLC? Do you think you will keep playing it until the Death Star DLC drops in September (approximately) or do you think you will revert to another playlist in a month? Just curious what the community thinks. This is not to bash the Bespin DLC. I like it, but...

Replies

• GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    Already quit playing it. Playlist killed it for me completely. I can't even binge fighter squadron.
  • I think i will be playing Bespin till death star is out. If anything the worst than can happen is stop playing bespin constantly the last week or two before death star comes and play some vanilla with some outer rim just to keep it fresh and also to keep me ready for Death Star!:) One thing that helps is usually playing with friends or a clan cause at any moment you guys can experience something sweet like fails, strategizeing moments, epic kills, or just plain talking about battlefront while playing. :)
  • Gnomecide
    103 posts Member
    I always play with the same friends and when they don't want to play Bespin we just take a couple of days off from it and play the Vanilla maps or Outer Rim. It's actually refreshing after doing the same thing over and over.
  • JamesP
    547 posts Member
    I like big team objective games so Im mostly back to normal game, I only play Bespin 20% of the time, only so many times I can play cloud city, it's not even that good a map anyway
    1 big objective map on 2 DLC is a bit of a disaster for me
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    I'll probably just do switch between Bespin and Outer Rim, with vanilla HvV in there as well.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • mastery0ta
    6507 posts Member
    Went back to vanilla already. Playlist ruins the day again
  • If they ever fix the playlist then I might consider it.
  • GETaPAIR
    513 posts Member
    I'll be playing it until I reach rank 70. After that and the purchase of the Shock Trooper I will be taking a Battlefront break and playing some other games I have wanted to play. I really like Bespin and the playlist doesn't bug me, but it's good to take a break now and again and come back recharged and ready to play.
  • Themainman
    1980 posts Member
    Lmao how long uhh buddy after 4 days i got bored... Id still play if the playlist didnt make me play things i didnt wanna play..
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    Yea same, went back to vanilla supremacy/WA.
  • And I guess I can't get a refund on buying the Bespin DLC within 24 hours?
    It won't let me, it's absolutely horrible.
  • Docb
    58 posts Member
    only really sticking around bespin to finish the bespin Hutt contracts, when I finally get my last disarm generator for the shock grenade I will likely drop Bespin, move back to OR and Vanilla.

for a DLC advertised as large modes only, 1 map is really poor, with 2/3 small CQC maps. Sabotage is good, although could probably do with a smaller player count. an extraction and Sabotage mixed playlist would be brilliant, with maybe 10 v 10, but who am I kidding, will never happen.
  • I lasted about two hours. The playlist ruins it. I'm not even finishing the contracts.
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    I rotate between everything to keep me interested. Thankfully supremacy and WA on the vanilla maps seems to do it for me and keeps me going.
  • I literally played outer rim non stop. Never went back to vanilla once it came out.
    With bespin, I'm already done... I've gone back to vanilla.
    I switch it up with some outer rim.
    An then when I get bored with that I'll check out the bespin maps...
    And then get tired of the playlist.
    Playlist is awful an the way they set up their DLCs leaves a bad taste in your mouth
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    Had a week off since unlocking bespin contracts, never gone a day without playing since January. Love the game but Bespin was a big nail in the preverbial coffin
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • Until the servers go dark.
    PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • I feel like sometimes its awesome, then other times I just want to rage quit. I still go back to Outer Rim & really enjoy it.
  • doesnt anyone else have the option to choose the map you want to play or is is just me? I know on ps4 if I want to play blast all day in the rebel depot, I can, just by hitting square and choosing map once I highlight whatever mode I want. So, to me, there is no forced playlist. I'm free to choose mode/map any way I like.
  • All contracts finished, iam done.
  • Tigerman55
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    To be honest, I already got kinda tired of it. Mostly because I dislike the carbon freezing chambers so much due to how compact and crazy it is. I don't feel like it's worthy of 16vs16 players. Maybe 8vs8 would suit it better. I'd have to say I'm enjoying the vanilla maps and OR more.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    As of yesterday I finished all my contracts, so no more forced Sabotage for me. Done with Bespin until I get bored with the vanilla maps again.
  • I'm about 90% done with Bespin already. That bloody playlist. I actually didn't mind the playlist before they changed it to mostly Sabotage. I really dislike that meat grinder of a mode. So, that just killed it for me.

Aside from the aesthetic beauty of the maps, the gameplay is really boring across most modes. It's the same thing over and over again. control point inside a room. defending team is holed-up in there. Attacking team grenade spams to gain control. Rinse and repeat at the next control point.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    GETaPAIR wrote: »
    I'll be playing it until I reach rank 70. After that and the purchase of the Shock Trooper I will be taking a Battlefront break and playing some other games I have wanted to play. I really like Bespin and the playlist doesn't bug me, but it's good to take a break now and again and come back recharged and ready to play.

Probably the same for me. No complaints about it or the playlist, I've just got a backlog of games accumulating from the Steam Summer sale. And Overwatch is still fresh and deserves some love.

Just about ready to flip to rank 68.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    Until Deathstar comes out. I played nothing but OR until Bespin
  • fredVII
    73 posts Member
    I've already completed all contracts that required Bespin, so probably not much longer. I'll be back to vanilla for actual variety and modes I want to play soon.

There's no excuse for not having a DLC-owner playlist that mixes DLC maps with vanilla maps in whatever specific mode you want to play. Many other games include this feature. In CoD, it's seamless. You don't even realize you're in a DLC-owner only playlist.
  • irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    fredVII wrote: »
    There's no excuse for not having a DLC-owner playlist that mixes DLC maps with vanilla maps in whatever specific mode you want to play. Many other games include this feature. In CoD, it's seamless. You don't even realize you're in a DLC-owner only playlist.

Yep. These developers just don't get it, man. I also have to wonder how much the PC environment is ruining it for console players. Seems like they are catering to the PC lack of a playerbase with this playlist rubbish, and console players are left to suffer.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • Themainman
    1980 posts Member
    I wonder whats diffrent i mean i wanna like bespi more then outer rim but for some reason i dont. Is it because were getting bored? Or what
  • fredVII
    73 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    irishtim7 wrote: »
    Yep. These developers just don't get it, man. I also have to wonder how much the PC environment is ruining it for console players. Seems like they are catering to the PC lack of a playerbase with this playlist rubbish, and console players are left to suffer.

PC players are very vocal, so it could be that. From what I can tell, the player base on PS4 is strong enough to support multiple playlists (maybe I'm wrong?).
    Themainman wrote: »
    I wonder whats diffrent i mean i wanna like bespi more then outer rim but for some reason i dont. Is it because were getting bored? Or what

I like the aesthetic of the Bespin maps, but what I don't like, as opposed to OR and vanilla, is the two extremes: 1) wide open maps where I get sniped coming out of my spawn by the same d-bag on top of a building on the other side of the map; and 2) the absolute overcrowded cluster bomb of the Carbonite Freezing Chamber. These would be great if they were mixed in with all the other OR and Vanilla maps, but having to play just those two extremes over and over and over really grates on my nerves after a while.

• fredVII wrote: »
    PC players are very vocal, so it could be that. From what I can tell, the player base on PS4 is strong enough to support multiple playlists (maybe I'm wrong?).

If you're wrong, that makes two of us then.

PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • Jendoon
    698 posts Member
    I don't play it. Got the season pass ages ago. I'm happy about the new weapons (ok I'm happy about the EE-4). I don't use the new hero/villain and because my favourite mode is not represented in Bespin, I just don't bother.
  • Versatti
    2198 posts Member
    Already quit playing it. Playlist killed it for me completely. I can't even binge fighter squadron.

I feel your pain, I sporadically play and I've not even had a chance to play Bespin FS. It's royally Pee'd me off. :/

• Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Haha are you asking how long I'll play it non stop for? probably a few games, then I go to outer rim or something, you're forgetting, the point of these dlcs isn't to keep us enthralled for weeks on end without doing anything else, it's simply to ADD TO THE GAME. do I think Bespin is failing? no. will I only be playing bespin for the next month? of course not. but it will surely be apart of my day to day rotation, always have to get a few games of sabotage in.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    I'll be playing it for quite a while. Right now I'm kind of rotating my time between vanilla Cargo, Outer Rim, and Bespin, and having a blast. I like the modes, the playlist doesn't bother me, and it's just fun for me.
  • garthvader
    193 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I play Bespin a bunch because most of the people I play with are into it. I personally am over it, and much prefer to play vanilla Walker Assault or Outer Rim. After getting all the new toys, I find this DLC to be a fairly shallow experience. It sure is pretty to look at, but I feel there's just not a lot more to it beneath the surface. Sabotage is fun enough, but I find Extraction to more interesting and to have more staying power.

• Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Until the next dlc comes out. Even then I'll keep going back and playing it
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    Gotta buy it first to play it
  • grrlpurple
    1074 posts Member
    I was back to the vanilla gameplay for my favourite Walker assault mode as soon as I completed the contracts. The playlist has killed it for me again.

If there was a playlist for season pass holders that played through all of the dlc in random order, that might interest me.
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The playlist is such a terrible and unnecessary evil, that I will not buy any DLC if it has a forced playlist.
    More DLC playlists would encourage more to use their DLC, and more to buy. Then people that like the same thing, can find each other, and play together. This also could make the DLC feel integrated into the base game planets.
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    JamesP wrote: »
    I like big team objective games so Im mostly back to normal game, I only play Bespin 20% of the time, only so many times I can play cloud city, it's not even that good a map anyway. 1 big objective map on 2 DLC is a bit of a disaster for me
    And it's not even 20v20. This is the "large mode" DLC?!?
    Of course, we know why it's not 20v20...because DICE has this horrible idea that a mixed-mode playlist is a good idea. The playlist is the problem, not the solution.
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    fredVII wrote: »
    the player base on PS4 is strong enough to support multiple playlists
    The player base on EVERY platform is strong enough to support multiple playlists.
    PC players, and every platform, quit/re-join the DLC playlist, so DLC owners are ALREADY fragmenting themselves into "virtual" playlists/servers. Adding ACTUAL new DLC playlists (server variety) would just duplicate what's already happening, but with none of the drawbacks (wasting time, missing 50-90% of a new match, never playing with the same people twice, leaving the last server under-populated, not playing in a full server, etc), and enabling unique advantages (you could have Bespin WA playlist rotate across Cloud City + all base game WA planets).
    Sure, certain maps/modes in certain DLCs might be unpopular, so unplayable...just like every DLC in every game ever. You can only play what's popular.
    If DICE is worried, they could just track to see if utilization goes down or wait times go up, and go back to 1 DLC playlist if needed.
  • Don't have but will get it
  • Ctown
    859 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I am still tolerating the playlist unfortunately. Vanilla players just don't seem to be as skilled and I lose more often on main game. I am trying to play straight up sabotage but it's stūpid how I have to quit and get a new lobby!
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    I actually enjoy it a lot. I love the urban setting. I'll probably play it off and on along with the Outer Rim until the Death Star. I played vanilla last night and got bored pretty fast.
  • NEX828
    59 posts Member
    Still trying desperately to hold on. But it's pretty frustrating.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    I'll probably play it on and off for a while, but if Ibwere DICE, I wouldn't put it on my resume.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Sletchy
    126 posts Member
    Haven't bought it and don't plan to.