criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Team Killing Solution!

[Deleted User]
3906 posts Member
edited July 2016
So @i2CRE8TOR and I were talking and I sayed "It doesn't make sense how you can go 100's a miles an hour and get off and be alive". Then he came up with the idea of you can only get off your speeder bike if it is completely stopped.

Tell us what you think.

Replies

• i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    EA BFront Devs... Here is an example of this SW BFront community working together in order to offer a viable solution to a current SW BFront in-game problem...

THE PROBLEM: Currently , a player on a speeder bike can intentionally/on-purpose kill his team members (team infantry and team heroes) by dismounting a speeder bike just prior to the speeder bike colliding into his own team members (team infantry and team heroes).

So, Me and PKJ (PassiveKillJoy) have been talking back and forth... primarily due to PKJ starting a post "Don't Tell Us How To Play OUR Game" (Views: approx 570)

His post inspired my post "We Will Tell You How To Play Our Game... If You Team Kill" (Views: approx 970)

And there have been countless other posts about this topic (Team Killing on Speeder Bike Maps)... like the current post "Will anything be done about team killing on Endor?" by Rocket32 (Views: approx 500)

So me and PKJ started going back and forth... and bam this viable fix solution to the team killing on speeder bike maps was unearthed.

So EA Devs, here is part of it...

PKJ said at one point... "It doesn't makes sense how you are going 100's of mph and get off of it and not die. I do appreciate though you're not being one of those people who have to bash other people, but instead be open-minded about their discussion."

I (i2CRE8TOR) then said, "Hey... I think you are on to something here. Your inspired idea seems like a completely viable fix for the Devs. What if... a player could only dismount a speeder bike when the speeder bike is completely stopped."

"That solves it right there... if the Devs were unable to implement any other... better to fix to that problem."

"I mean, the speeder bike currently can not do any damage to a team player or team hero when a player is on the speeder bike. And the speeder bike can not do any damage to a team player or team hero when it is stopped."

"What do you think PKJ?"
    Post edited by i2CRE8TOR on
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Seems like a win. Someone wanna shoot it at the devs? @Jaywal
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    briandt75 wrote: »
    Seems like a win. Someone wanna shoot it at the devs? @Jaywal

Thanks for the input.

• i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Speeder Bike Team Killing video link:
    Zedrux wrote: »

I know there are countless other speeder bike team killing videos out there... my son and I have seen many unfortunately. Just wanted to quickly post this video link that is in current post by Rocket32 "Will anything be done about team killing on Endor?" (Views: approx 500)
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Will pass this along
    May the force be with you.
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member
    It's kind of obvious, but yes a good idea. Gets my vote
  • Xerxes52
    599 posts Member
    I like this idea, sounds like a good way to reduce the chances of speeder bike team kills.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • Kalsar
    469 posts Member
    A better idea, have a time delay to get off, like exiting air vehicles.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    Xerxes52 wrote: »
    I like this idea, sounds like a good way to reduce the chances of speeder bike team kills.

Thanks for the input.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    swaza79 wrote: »
    It's kind of obvious, but yes a good idea. Gets my vote

Thanks for input.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    Kalsar wrote: »
    A better idea, have a time delay to get off, like exiting air vehicles.

Thanks for the input. Just curious, would a 'time delay' include having the speeder bike stopped in order to dismount it?
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Pretty good idea!
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Jaywal wrote: »
    Will pass this along

Thanks for the assistance. PKJ and I are just trying to offer up a possible viable solution.

Also, if interested... you can click on my blue username above and then read 1 of my family's very, very few posts titled: " Proof: Devs Are Interested In Your Submitted Ideas... Seriously Too!!”… it is regarding the new updated Droid Run.
  • Sounds good to me. The other option could be to make an unmanned speeder bike unable to cause damage to anyone. Whichever is the least problematic to implement as long as it solves the issue.
  • Sounds good to me. The other option could be to make an unmanned speeder bike unable to cause damage to anyone. Whichever is the least problematic to implement as long as it solves the issue.

That could work also.
  • Sounds good, @FireWall please consider this
    The force will be with you. Always.
  • Good idea!!!
  • badcow68
    128 posts Member
    I like the " Must be stopped to get off the bike" ideal. Bikes have team killed my hero a time or 20.
  • We're going to fix the speeder bike team killing problems. The suggestion of having to stop the bike in order to get off it could potentially be a good one. We're looking into it.

Dennis
  • FireWall wrote: »
    We're going to fix the speeder bike team killing problems. The suggestion of having to stop the bike in order to get off it could potentially be a good one. We're looking into it.

Dennis

Woo! Thanks Dennis
    The force will be with you. Always.
  • CJS145
    1074 posts Member
    FireWall wrote: »
    We're going to fix the speeder bike team killing problems. The suggestion of having to stop the bike in order to get off it could potentially be a good one. We're looking into it.

Dennis

Thank u so much have beem waiting for this fix for months
    May the force be with you Psn:CJS145 ;)
  • swaza79
    778 posts Member

Dennis

Great news
  • FireWall wrote: »

Dennis

Thanks! Glad to hear the news.
  • JosephMason11
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    i2CRE8TOR wrote: »
    Speeder Bike Team Killing video link:
    Zedrux wrote: »

I know there are countless other speeder bike team killing videos out there... my son and I have seen many unfortunately. Just wanted to quickly post this video link that is in current post by Rocket32 "Will anything be done about team killing on Endor?" (Views: approx 500)

That was one of the funniest Videos I've seen in awhile. Thanks for the video. Made my day.
  • WodiQuix
    4575 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I like this idea! Good suggestion!
  • I didn't even know you can team kill with the bike. I got to try this. >:)
  • WearYourHelmets
    3172 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I didn't even know you can team kill with the bike. I got to try this. >:)

Hurry up before they ruin fix it
  • Why not just make the Speeder have 3 seconds where it cant damage the team of person who just got off of it.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Hey PKJ,

Great news partner.

This should be encouraging news to everyone in the SW BFront Community.

Thanks to all the OPs for their previous posts in bringing attention to this unfortunately exploit/glitch.

I am sure we are all okay with whatever solution the Devs finally implement.

P.S. PJK... I did not want to respond to quickly after FireWall did because then it would have removed FireWall's name from being the most recent reader. That way, I thought it would catch the attention of other OPs who visit the forums.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member

Dennis

Thanks Dennis and BF Team for the great news.

P.S. My son and I love this game...
  • WodiQuix
    4575 posts Member

Dennis

Awesome! Glad to hear it!
  • [Deleted User]
    3906 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Tobikun wrote: »
    i2CRE8TOR wrote: »
    Hey PKJ,

Great news partner.

This should be encouraging news to everyone in the SW BFront Community.

Thanks to all the OPs for their previous posts in bringing attention to this unfortunately exploit/glitch.

I am sure we are all okay with whatever solution the Devs finally implement.

P.S. PJK... I did not want to respond to quickly after FireWall did because then it would have removed FireWall's name from being the most recent reader. That way, I thought it would catch the attention of other OPs who visit the forums.

at least Killjoy's name is correct, he likes to kill things that give people joy, why not make it where the speeder bike can't even trample enemy players, or make it have the same health as the paper cloud car which you can blow up with a DH-17.

I took the name killjoy because that is what a My Chemical Romance fan is called.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Great News!

Today, 07-07-16, Dennis (aka: FireWall), an EA SW Dev, responded about the speeder bike team killing issue. See that page 1 of this post for additional if interested.

Just wanted to share in case anyone was not aware that this community got a response from the Devs.

THE PROBLEM: Currently , a player on a speeder bike can intentionally/on-purpose kill his team members (team infantry and team heroes) by dismounting a speeder bike just prior to the speeder bike colliding into his own team members (team infantry and team heroes).

Dennis
  • Great news!I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible as Endor is my favourite map for WA!
  • ymt190e
    100 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    It is about time! This is a long overdue issue that needs to be fixed. I noticed the increasing frequency and intensity of team killings by speeder bike on the Endor map in recent days and weeks (especially to heroes and villains). It literally drives you nuts when someone, instead of playing the game and helping the team play, intently team kill you as a hero or villain. It just takes away the joy and pleasure from playing the game (for those who play the game meaningfully and seriously). Unfortunately, there are some utterly useless and immature people who have nothing better to do than spoiling the game play. It is not only the one who gets killed that loses out, but also the whole team in the game. These team killing people are in the game not to play but to wait for every opportunity to intently ram off heroes or villains. If EA is really serious and care about its "real" Star Wars Battlefront gamers and in maintaining the popularity of the game itself, it should fix this issue as urgently as possible.
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1485 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    ymt190e wrote: »
    It is about time!...

Thanks for the input... PassiveKillJoy and I were just trying to get the word out about the future fix. And yeah, an unfortunate glitch was discovered by 'players'... then exploited.