criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

seems the game has lost some momentum

2Next

Replies

• I'm still enjoying it and still awaiting DLC 3 and 4. Can't wait for the sequel because even the first Battlefront sucked when compared to the second.
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    I've been away for a week now, and I really don't miss Battlefront EA.

Bespin really put me off the game, the bugs, the recycled and refurbished star cards with the DLC made from vanilla items, the playlist, Lando (except his emotes & lines), no HvV, the increasing feeling of a generic FPS with a Star Wars skin..

I feel done with it, I am very excited for Instant Action, if it will be coming.

Had great times prior Outer Rim.

+1^^

After OR I feel EAdice have not really improved upon their offer. Bugs are still there, upcylcling various products, the playlist etc.

Nothing new, exciting, innovative - just same old same old :/
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • DarthSven
    918 posts Member
    But yet, almost all of us on here play this bl00dy game daily/nightly

Just saying ;-)
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    DarthSven wrote: »
    But yet, almost all of us on here play this bl00dy game daily/nightly

Just saying ;-)

Not clashing swords @DarthSven and I know I am obviously in the minority of your point.

Since Jan I have clocked up 740hrs on this game and played most nights - loved it. But after Bespin and completing the Hutt Contracts pretty quickly I haven't played for almost a week. Unheard of in my house.

The OP has a point. Even though I say that eadice need to pull the preverabial finger out and turn this around (Bespin was this point for me) - I pessimistically believe they have hit the plateau and not raising the bar as they should.
    Post edited by Prep768 on
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • Wolffe2100
    2041 posts Member
    Granny stormtrooper lost her charm
    Experience outranks everything
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Makes me wonder why is dice so bad at this? Why can't they just fix it? Seems like they are not even trying. Did they even test this game?do they even care?

Why are you even here? Your like an old fart that complains about a bad dining experience 2 years ago. No one gives a ****, but yet we still have to hear it.

Sitting around a website, slamming a game that's obviously never going to live up to your expectations is pathetic in its lowest form. Move on already.

Well now that I know it bothers you so much I will double my efforts

Sorry to hear this is what you do when school is out for the summer. :(

It's not too late... pick up a sport, chase some girls, enjoy the weather. You can do it!

i have all the time in the world to do all those things and follow you funny i looked at all the threads you started here and guess what? not 1 not 1 so what have you contributed here besides show us all you are an EA fan boy??? nothing so lay down PIScettios after all you are a real boy wait or is that Pinocchio? hmm i dunno
  • QQnerfQQ
    642 posts Member
    Yeah, I sadly feel like it's just about to the point where we can say it is indeed, dead. Even on XBOX now there's a lot of empty games, even in small modes and in Vanilla. This never use to be the case. I'm curious what the numbers are now.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    QQnerfQQ wrote: »
    Yeah, I sadly feel like it's just about to the point where we can say it is indeed, dead. Even on XBOX now there's a lot of empty games, even in small modes and in Vanilla. This never use to be the case. I'm curious what the numbers are now.

Last i saw some months back it was about 55,000 for both consoles on threads where ppl were adding it up.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Whenever a DLC or new content drops, I find it instant to get a match going in the random map selector for any mode. In between those times, however, it's getting tougher and tougher to pick a certain map for a given mode and have it find a game.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • It's almost as if the game has been...disrupted.
  • It's almost as if the game has been...disrupted.

The game has been disrupted for me. I've played daily since the game was released. Post Bepsin release and subsequent hotfix I've gone from playing less to not playing at all. Disruption literally has been the straw that broke the camels back for me where small game modes are concerned. Find it absolutely ridiculous that the opposition can now force my primary weapon not to fire. Any available counters are completely beside the point. Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough to all this mickey mouse bullsh*t. This wasn't the game I was looking for to start with. Despite that I found ways to enjoy it. Sadly, with every DLC that drops (...and I don't even own the DLC or SP) my enjoyment factor continues to diminish. To each his own naturally. For me anyway, nearly all momentum is lost per my interest to continue playing this game.
  • Zephkiel
    1790 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

Last i saw some months back it was about 55,000 for both consoles on threads where ppl were adding it up.

Yeah it seems to be holding steady, but there's another population split to contend with now. Once the Bespin shine wears off it'll decline again, and they can't really make the game much cheaper.
  • My interest is definitely winding down. Bespin is a big disappointment, but mostly because I really don't enjoy sabotage. It's the shell of a good mode. Sabotage feels exactly the same (with the exception of carbonite chamber) every time I play. Unlike others, I didn't want a change to the playlist because I actually enjoy the other modes more. Blast in the carbonite chamber is one of my favorites and I would play the expanded drop zone 20 times in row before getting bored. I think they really missed by not have a full HvV as well. But now, it's a steady diet of a pretty weak mode that is uninspiring. Add the beautiful but dull fighter squadron with the dreadful turning point and it's just not enough to keep me interested. I've been going back to extraction lately, but even that is feeling pretty played out.
  • if its lost momentum we should get out an push lol
    invalid brain token
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »
    Zephkiel wrote: »

Yeah it seems to be holding steady, but there's another population split to contend with now. Once the Bespin shine wears off it'll decline again, and they can't really make the game much cheaper.

yes they can, the game will end up in bargain bins soon.

Why? It's still 40$ in most places.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    It's almost as if the game has been...disrupted.

The game has been disrupted for me. I've played daily since the game was released. Post Bepsin release and subsequent hotfix I've gone from playing less to not playing at all. Disruption literally has been the straw that broke the camels back for me where small game modes are concerned. Find it absolutely ridiculous that the opposition can now force my primary weapon not to fire. Any available counters are completely beside the point. Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough to all this mickey mouse bullsh*t. This wasn't the game I was looking for to start with. Despite that I found ways to enjoy it. Sadly, with every DLC that drops (...and I don't even own the DLC or SP) my enjoyment factor continues to diminish. To each his own naturally. For me anyway, nearly all momentum is lost per my interest to continue playing this game.

Exactly how i feel. That and having put over 300 hours into the game doesn't help either!
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    meanjoeira wrote: »
    My interest is definitely winding down. Bespin is a big disappointment, but mostly because I really don't enjoy sabotage. It's the shell of a good mode. Sabotage feels exactly the same (with the exception of carbonite chamber) every time I play. Unlike others, I didn't want a change to the playlist because I actually enjoy the other modes more. Blast in the carbonite chamber is one of my favorites and I would play the expanded drop zone 20 times in row before getting bored. I think they really missed by not have a full HvV as well. But now, it's a steady diet of a pretty weak mode that is uninspiring. Add the beautiful but dull fighter squadron with the dreadful turning point and it's just not enough to keep me interested.

Well said.
  • RogueOmni101
    18 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Makes me wonder why is dice so bad at this? Why can't they just fix it? Seems like they are not even trying. Did they even test this game?do they even care?

No, it's EA controlling them, EA tell Dice what to put into the game
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member

No, they do not all they want is profit

Actually dice would get paid by the publisher. I don't know if they get paid a lump sum for a game, or if they get a percentage of day one sales, or a mix of both. What i DO know, is they very much care about the game. Any game developer cares about their product. What they did with this game was based on a very limited time given to them by EA. i will agree they have made some terrible decisions for this game, and based them off what it is like playing against testers and a select group. They didn't stop to think how those things would be abused by the general public. But that is why they have continued to support the product from day 1.
    They might not have handled the game all that well, but they do care about it.
  • Themainman
    1980 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »

Actually dice would get paid by the publisher. I don't know if they get paid a lump sum for a game, or if they get a percentage of day one sales, or a mix of both. What i DO know, is they very much care about the game. Any game developer cares about their product. What they did with this game was based on a very limited time given to them by EA. i will agree they have made some terrible decisions for this game, and based them off what it is like playing against testers and a select group. They didn't stop to think how those things would be abused by the general public. But that is why they have continued to support the product from day 1.
    we'll see if we get chewbacca lol

• PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    Themainman wrote: »

If they are not allowed to include him, we won't get him. Chewbacca is a house hold name and could very well be a large sales pitch for battlefront 2. That is how EA thinks though, not dice.
  • tuna_sushi
    604 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    (I'm on PC)
    Bespin is an excellent release! but by now the cheaters and hardcore gamers have made things less enjoyable. MP only isn't for me and I'm a day-one, season pass, player who played almost daily. But it's become too much of a meatgrinder for me.

I've mostly moved on and check the forums for any news on updates.
  • Themainman
    1980 posts Member

If they are not allowed to include him, we won't get him. Chewbacca is a house hold name and could very well be a large sales pitch for battlefront 2. That is how EA thinks though, not dice.
    yeah i doubt anyone will buy battlefront 2 with how they rushed this game. And if Nien numb is a hero and not chewbacca expect full outrage.

• PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member

yeah i doubt anyone will buy battlefront 2 with how they rushed this game. And if Nien numb is a hero and not chewbacca expect full outrage.

I dont doubt there will be outrage, and yes, they did rush this game. But i promise you, battlefront 2 will sell very well indeed.
  • Makes me wonder why is dice so bad at this? Why can't they just fix it? Seems like they are not even trying. Did they even test this game?do they even care?

No, it's EA controlling them, EA tell Dice what to put into the game

Yeah your probably right but ok so why is ea so bad at this lol
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

I dont doubt there will be outrage, and yes, they did rush this game. But i promise you, battlefront 2 will sell very well indeed.

The only hope I have is that less people pre-order and just buy blindly. But because it has STAR WARS on it, most people will ignore the flaws of this game and flock in for another rush job. In this day and age where there are tons of Youtubers like Massive, Stone Mountain, etc etc that livestream game play before games are released, there really is no excuse to not know what you're going to get before you buy.

If only consumers would educate themselves a little more prior to purchase, I think they would be a little less disappointed. Obviously, this wouldn't apply to any kind of post-release DLC.
  • Versatti
    2076 posts Member
    With every DLC there's a comedown period. Everyone is euphoric in the run up to release day, then comes the inevitable bugs and game changers like the Disruption card.

We'll have a balance pass and some info on DLC 3. Everyone will get over their Bespin hangover and the world will be great again.

Until that time take 2 Diazepam before entering the general discussion forums and here's to 3 more weeks of depressing reading! B)
  • Versatti wrote: »
    With every DLC there's a comedown period. Everyone is euphoric in the run up to release day, then comes the inevitable bugs and game changers like the Disruption card.

We'll have a balance pass and some info on DLC 3. Everyone will get over their Bespin hangover and the world will be great again.

Until that time take 2 Diazepam before entering the general discussion forums and here's to 3 more weeks of depressing reading! B)

I'm not sure about this. With Outer Rim, there was at least a really cool mode that maximized the replayability on the various maps. Unfortunately, Sabotage is just boring after the first few plays, especially if you don't land a hero. And now the playlist features Sabotage. I've already startded to go back to Outer Rim and Vanilla more than Bespin.
  • Versatti
    2076 posts Member
    meanjoeira wrote: »
    Versatti wrote: »

I'm not sure about this. With Outer Rim, there was at least a really cool mode that maximized the replayability on the various maps. Unfortunately, Sabotage is just boring after the first few plays, especially if you don't land a hero. And now the playlist features Sabotage. I've already startded to go back to Outer Rim and Vanilla more than Bespin.

I went back to Vanilla shortly after I'd completed my OR contracts. There's a trend to it, if you go back a few months there's a similar 'comedown' period right after OR.

I'd like to blame it all on the Playlist but it also has a lot to do with power playing and inevitably over dosing on the new content.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    Gingie wrote: »
    Zephkiel wrote: »

yes they can, the game will end up in bargain bins soon.

Why? It's still 40$ in most places.

Yeah in mainstream stores. At my local cd/movie/video game stores in Ohio its like 25 now.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member

Idk about that, you have the Multiplayer Madness Crowd who will pick up any hyped shooter with pvp. Then you have Star Wars fans in both the SP and MP departement who are star wars starved still with This series being the only SW game till 2018 when the titles truely start rolling out. On top of that they are promising to fix alot of things in the second game that ppl wanted in here, as well as adding Sequals in.

SWBF2 will probly sell very well so long as it delivers. If it doesnt and ppl still buy it en mass then that may be the down turn point for the series
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    I used to play quite a bit, bought Outter Rim and hated how you had to play the DLC. I don't see myself buying Bespin from what I hear and I don't think I play BF enough. Been hooked to Overwatch lately.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

Idk about that, you have the Multiplayer Madness Crowd who will pick up any hyped shooter with pvp. Then you have Star Wars fans in both the SP and MP departement who are star wars starved still with This series being the only SW game till 2018 when the titles truely start rolling out. On top of that they are promising to fix alot of things in the second game that ppl wanted in here, as well as adding Sequals in.

SWBF2 will probly sell very well so long as it delivers. If it doesnt and ppl still buy it en mass then that may be the down turn point for the series

It won't sell as well as you think, EA burned a lot of potential customers with this mess a long with most of the battlefront fanbase (myself being one of them).

It aint gonna sell 15 million copies, that's for sure. It'll do well depending on what content it has. If it has PT stuff, those people will buy it. If it has more and better OT stuff, those people will buy it. If it has significant offline and/or a campaign, those people will buy it. Problem is: 1. They burned a LOT of people this time around. 2. No matter what content it has, they're going to have to be missing some percentage of Star Wars fans because it can't have everything.

and I won't be buying it regardless, on principle.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • medic42
    215 posts Member
    briandt75 wrote: »
    I don't care about free content at this point, and I never cared about how much like the original Battlefronts this is. My issue is that it's even more of a meatgrinder now than it was before Bespin. That gets old pretty quick.

agreed. If you are a noob or casual player the game is far too competitive right now to be fun.
  • Yodasdog
    140 posts Member
    My love for the game was killed when I lost *by my own actions* a community I made ...called 3PO. if you are over 30 please go join it they are GREAT folks :D I guess I was just to arrogant. now I play for fun..here n there..........I run all survivals and I can get u ur on the ball trophy. thankyou
  • I increasingly hate this game. Nien is still the biggest load of garbage. He should die near instantly if you manage to get around his limitless crap he throws all over the place. Yet I have seen him escape getting hammered by villians after they get through his crap. He allows rebel teams to camp and do nothing. Lando's disruption move is utterly stupid too. What on earth would Lando do to take away Sidious' lightning power? Sweet talk him? It makes no freaking sense.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    Yodasdog wrote: »
    My love for the game was killed when I lost *by my own actions* a community I made ...called 3PO.

How did you lose the community?
  • As long as they can perfect the death star and the final dlc then I think this game will be in good shape when battlefront 2 gets released.
  • gashbox
    168 posts Member
    tried playing today but only made it 5 minutes then I shut it off. I think I am just burnt out on this game. waiting for BF1.