criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Unplayable game due lag

Replies

• Yeah I have noticed the same thing, some guy will be running in front of me, and rubberbanding back getting in my way even though we are both running the same speed. It is really annoying.
  • Same here
  • I have horrible rubber banding lag on Xbox one. I can't even play. I have a tested 128mbpw down and 25 up

• I contacted my internet provider and they told me to contact the brand of modem I have and that I would have to set up a new internet connection on my PS4 to give it a Static IP address. I shouldn't be having to do all this and I refuse to go through all this trouble for their issue! This is the worst experience I have ever had with online gameplay in all my years of playing online. I tried relentlessly over and over again trying to get into any game mode to play and getting Kicked out right after the loading screen for the game to start. I should never have to open up ports in my modem to get into a game. This problem also occurred in the beta with a different message saying it couldn't connect to EA servers. I am so annoyed with this entire experience

I'm not sure why you were told to contact your ISP, that's silly... MOST routers can create a static IP quite easily. It won't let me post a link for some reason, so look up the website portforward and search for PS4 Static IP. It'll give you step by step instructions.

Won't fix your issue though.
    Source: My PS4 has a Static IP and I'm getting the same issue
  • Same issue here still. Only can play Cargo mode. Still haven't been able to enjoy Walker Assault yet. :#
    bigdchamps.png
  • constant rubber banding on PS4 as well. i have good stable hard wire connection as well.
  • Hmm... I haven't experienced this.
  • I tried the suggestions to reboot router, modem, and do a 'repair game' in Origin just to be sure. Same thing-- rubber banding like crazy, makes game absolutely unplayable. I can round a corner and start shooting and then I am warped backwards back around the corner all over again, try to round the corner and warp back yet again, try again and get shot by someone I cannot even see. Its infuriating b/c I have tried every game type and I was hoping it was just isolated to one server or another, but its 100% constant for me. I played the beta a lot, and never saw this even once. I guess I have a little while longer before I can try to get a refund from Origin/EA and just throw in the towel. Plus side, more time for Fallout 4.
  • same for me. very frustrating
  • I do get some lag but not much. Anyways is there a way to take a support ticket somewhere cuz i paid 60 bucks for this game? Cuz i think that is the only way they will fix it
  • bump. come on, devs! give us some info!
  • I'm having and issue connecting. In the corner of the game menu where your profile picture is it shows "Connecting..." Its does that for an indefinite amount of time. Whenever I try to start a game a dialog box comes up and just say "connecting..." forever. I've tried disabling my firewall, forwarding ports, clearing cache. What can I do to fix this. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • Yes same here says ea severs timed out. and I was playing all night last night.
  • Same issue. Would love an answer from EA
  • Same problem, some game modes let me in after a few tries, others not at all
  • Im having the same problem. If you find a solution please post it here. Ive tried port forwarding, turning off firewall, rebooting. Nothing is working for me.
  • I was never able to connect, even on the beta. I've purchased and returned the game twice now trying to figure out the problem. Let me know if you find anything. I've been searching the internet for days.....
  • PS4 everywhere has crazy lag...if its not me, its half the team flickering. I feel like EA are throwing players from different regions into one server (eg Japanese players into Australian servers) and its causing latencey issues.

ADD A SERVER BROWSER!!

DICE, PLEASE.
  • Same here, connecting all the time, never got connected.
    I've even disabled firewall to check if that works - no, it does not.
  • Running the repair game now as we speak: speed test shows 78.8DL, 12.4UL, Ping of 8ms. This has got to be server side. Worse: I think it's in part why my hits aren't always registering on other players, but their hits get me 100% of the time. That would only happen with lag. EA: could you please respond?
  • Stormdoctor
    13 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Platform: PC

Issue: Rubber banding occurring on all multiplayer modes despite excellent hardware and internet speeds. This is resulting in significant hit loss (my attacks against others) with significant HP damage (others attacks against me). It results in funky positioning, particularly when the avatar or vehicle is moving at a higher than normal speed. NOTE: No problems at all in SP modes. I never rubber band there.

Can you reproduce this 100% of the time? Yes.

Details on how you can reproduce this. It's not hard--all I have to do is sprint. Or anytime I'm in an aerial vehicle. Or if I'm in a crowded area with a ground vehicle (AT-ST in particular on Endor).

Region: US

ISP: Comcast

Connection Speed: Speedtest gives me the following: 78.8 DL, 12.8 UL, ping 8ms

Video or ****: Can't do that because the video itself leads to rubber banding. But it's happening. See this thread here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/comment/37618#Comment_37618

DxDiag:
    System Information
    Time of this report: 11/19/2015, 14:04:52
    Machine name: STORMDOCTOR-PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.151019-1254)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Alienware
    System Model: Alienware 17
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version 03.73.02A08
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4900MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16312MB RAM
    Page File: 10551MB used, 22069MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 765M
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E1&SUBSYS_05AE1028&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4038 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB
    Shared Memory: 2048 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
    Monitor Model: unknown
    Monitor Id: SEC5044
    Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.992Hz)
    Output Type: Internal
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

• Same here, nothing works
  • hit the ~ key and type networkperfoverlay.enable 1 and the box that pops up will show your ping (latency in the box). Keep an eye on that to see if it is an ISP issue
  • i get this message of bad connetction wile my internet is fine and i can play all my other game, what is the problem? i also get bad audio at time.
  • Same. Unplayable. WTF.
  • Had the same problem....sharpshooter's fix didn't help me. Evidently I had to contact my ISP and had them open a port on my modem.
  • I get this bug too(bad connection at top right)
  • I have the same problem. It worked fine in the Beta and my computer meets all the requirements. My WiFi is fine too.
  • For whatever reason, the "test connection" work around is no longer working for me.
  • I also get this message and I get constant bad connection. It's unacceptable. I have a fine wired Internet and play Black Ops 3 with no lags or anything and good pings. They have to fix this. I have not been able to play this game yet because of this.
  • Same here wont work and there are no posts that have any solutions
  • I having the same problem now myself. It was working fine the last couple of days, but today I am unable to connect..
    Head or gut?
  • I've pinged a few people on Reddit, but is anyone else having this problem? All throughout my gameplay, i keep getting a sporatic notification at the top-right of my screen about Bad Connections affecting gameplay.

I've forwarded ports. allowed exceptions through firewalls. I've, literally, spent all day talking with my ISP trying to get this fixed. But nothing works.

Is this an EA thing? Are many other people having issues?
  • There should be 0 lag on my network. I even power down the other systems to be sure. I have no issues streaming or even downloading 10 gb files in 10 or 20 minutes. So why am I having network connection issues with the ea serverS? I'm located in atlantic Canada. Perhaps you folks need some more servers or need a bigger pipe.
  • d1v4d
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Comment deleted. Please refrain from using profanity in the forum.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing_268 on
  • Every single game for me. Constant and random freezes as well... There are long stretches when nothing which are nice, but at times it just bogs down and lags really badly. Except, I know its not my end, since every other multiplayer game I have, I run just fine. Usually around 20-50ms. Here? Not really sure what is going on... But my bet is on their servers.
  • I have the same problems as Svulnar. Every single game I have constant and random freezes. I know its not my internet because other multiplayer things work fine.
  • Finally was able to send EA the PathPing. They came back and told me they have no answer for me and theres nothing they can do to fix this and that I have to contact Sony now and give them the PathPing to see if they can fix it at all. This is terrible.
  • Same here. Sometimes it's good, other times it happens every minute or so. 1 second freeze and a Bad Connection warning. I brought up the network graph to know my ping and it was like 60ms so it doesn't make sense.
  • Well. I guess i'm glad it's not my modem or something. Bummer we are stuck with this. And there doesn't seem like much buzz about it. I hope they fix it soon. If they don't, i'll be asking for a refund.

But yea. Some of you described it better than I could, originally. Only game I lag in. And the same exact effects in game.
  • Hopefully attention will come to this issue so that they will fix it.
  • I hope EA will fix this problems quickly.
  • You guy's alway's play in the evening or the noon ? No way that there would be server issues at the noon or in the morning. At a normal workday. If you guy's alway's play in the evening then its possible that there are login problems.

Even with server issues some people are able to play, that was also the case on hearthstone if the new cards were released. Some of my friends were able to play, while i was keeping getting disconnects
  • Constantly. Almost every game. No other game does this, it has to be the fact that you just join random garbage servers and you can't actually choose a low ping server.
  • Got it here too. Sometimes great sometimes pitiful.
  • Well I'm guessing there's no servers in Canada, so even though u got awesome connection u are still pretty far away from us, so that might be a factor, I been getting some lag n mine 75down 18 up, I guess there will always be lag at somepoint that's just online gaming!
  • Are these even dedicated servers for Battlefront? is that why I see japanese and south americans dominating like in BF4...
  • Every time I try to join a game, I get a message every time saying "You have lost connection to PlayStation Network, online features will be unavailable"....

I get that

Is anyone else experiencing this?

I can connect to all gamemodes that are under 20 players. Modes with more than 20 players that I get that same error, but I eventually get through but it requires reconnecting 10-20 times. Once I get connected I can play as long as I like and it works like a dream. If I quit and try to connect another big game mode I need to do the same thing, multiple times of reconnecting.

I've hade similar issues with every EA-sports game, last 2 fifas had same issue and I could play online once I just kept reconnecting. Hopefully this works for some of you ppl. Personally I don't think it will be fixed since it has been a problem for so many years.

• I have the same thing its insane.
  • I've been having connection issues as well. I think it might also glitch out vehicle pick ups too so you don't actually spawn into the vehicle upon calling it.