criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

about that "splitting the community" debate...

Prev1
... did it just totally stopped when we got the news of offline skirmish mode?

Splitting up the player base was one of the major reasons we got the "Forced Playlist" in the DLCs. Now we get offline modes. Ok, so who would rather play skirmish and rule over the bots together with a friend instead of going online and getting wasted, crushed, owned, pawned or worse?

The future then... more empty lobbies, smaller online player base? Yes, I think we will experience this for a while after the 21:st. But I also guess someone at EA who has all the numbers already know that the split will be marginal and therefor splitting the player base isn`t such big issue after all... probably never been

Sow, now when the entire Battlefront world knows this, can we pleeeeeeeaaaase get a mode based playlists in the DLCs?
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

  • Just no
    Grumpy_Cat_No_01.jpg
    Need a buddy? Check Buddy List.
  • Rip Outer Rim
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • I played vanilla maps/modes tonight because I have not bought any DLCs. Trying to level up and get cards unlocked in anticipation of Skirmish releasing, since somebody decided it would be a good idea to limit people's offline Skirmish card selections to what they have unlocked online in MP (which of course goes completely against the whole purpose of Skirmish, so thanks for that). Anyway, I was able to find plenty of FS and WA games, as well as a drop zone game. No luck with turning point or supremacy.
  • Versatti
    2015 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Skirmish is just two game modes and probably only one time credit rewards. Therefore it'll be a great option to have, but the novelty will definitely wear off.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Just no

    "Just no" what? Just no DLC Forced Playlist? Just no mode based DLCs playlists? Just no Skirmish will split the player base?

    Sorry, had to ask... the pic didn`t clarify your comment either.
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • I don't really understand why so many people see offline as a threat to online player counts. The people who are dying to play Skirmish probably don't play much online to begin with. Plus, just like with Missions, accessing a custom hand requires unlocking stuff in online anyway. If they allowed multiplayer skins to be selected in the new mode that would be another reason to unlock stuff online before moving to offline.
    If I had a dollar for every brain you don't have, I'd have one dollar.
  • Squidward wrote: »
    I don't really understand why so many people see offline as a threat to online player counts. The people who are dying to play Skirmish probably don't play much online to begin with. Plus, just like with Missions, accessing a custom hand requires unlocking stuff in online anyway. If they allowed multiplayer skins to be selected in the new mode that would be another reason to unlock stuff online before moving to offline.

    Which is basically the same as me not seeing any threats with having mode based DLC playlists as alternative to the dreadful forced one we struggle with today. :smiley:
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Squidward wrote: »
    I don't really understand why so many people see offline as a threat to online player counts. The people who are dying to play Skirmish probably don't play much online to begin with. Plus, just like with Missions, accessing a custom hand requires unlocking stuff in online anyway. If they allowed multiplayer skins to be selected in the new mode that would be another reason to unlock stuff online before moving to offline.

    Which is basically the same as me not seeing any threats with having mode based DLC playlists as alternative to the dreadful forced one we struggle with today. :smiley:

    I don't see how. Offline modes not taking anything away from online is nothing like splitting up the people who actively play online.
  • Squidward wrote: »
    I don't really understand why so many people see offline as a threat to online player counts. The people who are dying to play Skirmish probably don't play much online to begin with. Plus, just like with Missions, accessing a custom hand requires unlocking stuff in online anyway. If they allowed multiplayer skins to be selected in the new mode that would be another reason to unlock stuff online before moving to offline.

    Which is basically the same as me not seeing any threats with having mode based DLC playlists as alternative to the dreadful forced one we struggle with today. :smiley:

    People who like mutiplayer will still play mutiplayer. And people who prefer offline will play offline.

    More offline modes will actually bring more people into the game, not less.

    Anyways... what happened to your white knight statement of leaving the forum ???
  • Oh, it will. I have heaps of family fathers as friends who complain about th MP being to hard fir their kids. With Skirmish they will let their yongsters to roam the Battlefront (and the house PS4) instead of playing MP
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

  • People who like mutiplayer will still play mutiplayer. And people who prefer offline will play offline.

    More offline modes will actually bring more people into the game, not less.

    Anyways... what happened to your white knight statement of leaving the forum ???

    I left and have only posted bugreports. But I'm getting so frustrated about the forced playlist so I had to ventilate some :smile:

    Hope it doesn't offend you. If so I will go away again
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

  • People who like mutiplayer will still play mutiplayer. And people who prefer offline will play offline.

    More offline modes will actually bring more people into the game, not less.

    Anyways... what happened to your white knight statement of leaving the forum ???

    I left and have only posted bugreports. But I'm getting so frustrated about the forced playlist so I had to ventilate some :smile:

    Hope it doesn't offend you. If so I will go away again

    Course not was just wondering mate.

    Playlist is bad. However it's there to guarantee everyone a game, which is obviously a result of lowish player numbers.

    Because, why else would they produce such a playlist ?

  • Course not was just wondering mate.

    Playlist is bad. However it's there to guarantee everyone a game, which is obviously a result of lowish player numbers.

    Because, why else would they produce such a playlist ?

    Yes, why indeed... it really beats me
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    Therea not gonna be splitting. Offline ppl want offline, online ppl want online. If anything its adding more ppl to the game
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Therea not gonna be splitting. Offline ppl want offline, online ppl want online. If anything its adding more ppl to the game

    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Therea not gonna be splitting. Offline ppl want offline, online ppl want online. If anything its adding more ppl to the game

    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    No one are to go out and buy this game for the offline mode...! We will not get more new players. That effectively means that the offliners will depart from the MP modes and there we have the upcoming split in our player base.

    So, if none of you can see any problems with that split, why would anyone see a problem with a "not-forced playlist" in the DLCs?
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    No one are to go out and buy this game for the offline mode...! We will not get more new players. That effectively means that the offliners will depart from the MP modes and there we have the upcoming split in our player base.

    So, if none of you can see any problems with that split, why would anyone see a problem with a "not-forced playlist" in the DLCs?

    It's two separate entities you are trying to compare there. A large majority of the "offliners" have not played this game for months now, they are coming back to the game for this sole reason. And there also are people who wouldn't buy the game unless Instant Action was added. The change in overall players might be drastic for the first few days, as of course all kinds of people will try it out, but then things will be back up and running again.

    When discussing playlists, it's still the same problem as usual. There are simply not enough players to fill up lobbies besides gamemodes that are popular. Splitting up each individual mode for both DLC's now, would be just as catastrophic as the Jakku tab selection.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    No one are to go out and buy this game for the offline mode...! We will not get more new players. That effectively means that the offliners will depart from the MP modes and there we have the upcoming split in our player base.

    So, if none of you can see any problems with that split, why would anyone see a problem with a "not-forced playlist" in the DLCs?

    You truely sont understand the star wars bf fan base then....vast majority of swbf fans wanted instant action. It was the most requested thing for this game, more than any MP based request. Ppl were asking for single player and were not gonna buy it or no longer play the game until SP comes out. If you think all of this game series fans are forcing themselves to play mp this entire time even tho they dont like it, thats just being delusional. I myself have 3 friends who just wanna play for the sp for example and barely touched the MP since Feb. or Mar.
  • Just no

    "Just no" what? Just no DLC Forced Playlist? Just no mode based DLCs playlists? Just no Skirmish will split the player base?

    Sorry, had to ask... the pic didn`t clarify your comment either.

    Oh, seems you didn't get it. There is a grumpy cat. It is an internet meme. This cat just says no with all his appearance. And I had to write at least something because new forum rule do not allow answers without any text (you can't post only picture).
    TL;DR it was a joke.
    Need a buddy? Check Buddy List.
  • The real battlefront had way more off line play modes and it didn't kill online play granted we had a server browser guess we shall see. With Battlefront 2 coming this game is doomed anyway.
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    can we pleeeeeeeaaaase get a mode based playlists in the DLCs?
    Yes, we need more than 1 playlist (server variety) per DLC. Sabotage-only, WA-only (on Bespin + base game planets), same for FS, Blast, TP, Supremacy, etc. Then people that like the same thing, can find each other, and actually play together. This also would make the DLC feel integrated into the base game planets. Or keep the mixed-mode playlist for the individual DLCs, give us Season Pass playlists that let you pick a mode and play it across all DLC & vanilla planets. More DLC playlists would encourage more to use their DLC, and more to buy.
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    When discussing playlists, it's still the same problem as usual. There are simply not enough players to fill up lobbies besides gamemodes that are popular. Splitting up each individual mode for both DLC's now, would be just as catastrophic as the Jakku tab selection.
    No. There are enough DLC players now, and they're ALREADY splitting themselves up into "virtual" playlists/servers by quitting the playlist. Adding ACTUAL new DLC playlists (server variety) would just duplicate what's already happening, but with none of the HUGE drawbacks, and enabling unique advantages. And it would get more people playing their DLC more, staying in their DLC, and buying it, so player counts would increase.
    Unpopular DLC gamemodes ALREADY can't be played (just ask all the FS lovers that have abandoned Bespin), adding playlists would MAKE unpopular modes playable again (because the FS lovers could all find each other and congregate in servers).
    It would be nothing like Jakku. Jakku was 2 weeks after release, and before Christmas 2015. There's over 14M copies of SWBF sold. That's probably 10x what the playerbase was when Jakku came out. There are probably more SP owners now than there were pre-order owners then (Jakku exclusivity caused issues).
    The real lessons of Jakku were...that there may be population problems during the early access window. And that no one wants to play 1 mode on 1 planet over & over (TP on Jakku!). No one even wants just 1 planet, all the time. And that DLC doesn't "work" until it's integrated into the vanilla planets (which more DLC playlists could do).
  • Oh, seems you didn't get it. There is a grumpy cat. It is an internet meme. This cat just says no with all his appearance. And I had to write at least something because new forum rule do not allow answers without any text (you can't post only picture).
    TL;DR it was a joke.

    :smile:
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »

    You truely sont understand the star wars bf fan base then....vast majority of swbf fans wanted instant action. It was the most requested thing for this game, more than any MP based request. Ppl were asking for single player and were not gonna buy it or no longer play the game until SP comes out. If you think all of this game series fans are forcing themselves to play mp this entire time even tho they dont like it, thats just being delusional. I myself have 3 friends who just wanna play for the sp for example and barely touched the MP since Feb. or Mar.

    So you mean that out of 14 million shipped copies the wast majority didn`t know they bought a MP only game? ... or, alternately they knew but though "hey, we can probably demand that after we buy the game, they will of course listen to us and give us that - after all, that is the common practise from all publisher nowadays"... well, that sounds pretty unbelievable to me.

    Don`t take me wrong, I`m glad that someone has gotten their will and had botplay added in this MP game - I`m just not a botplayer myself. I`ve been doing MP gaming since 1993 and think that bots are either to predictable or, when set on higher difficulty, OP. I rather play people any day.

    But, someone at DICE have used a couple of months of developing and testing this new "not appearing in the original game" offline mode - such things cost money. In this case it was money they didn`t even knew they were supposed to spend - ergo, not in the business plan at all. So where did they find these money?Maybe those money was intended to make a server browser, an ingame squad system, new free maps, new free game modes, more skins, more weapons, more vehicles, server rentals.....

    With that said, I don`t have anything negative to say about the game besides the Forced Playlist. Still play it on a daily basis and other games are just not catching my interest anymore. I just wish I could play the same game mode for an hour or two in the beautiful DLCs, without wasting time waiting while doing the quit/reenter routine
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

    You truely sont understand the star wars bf fan base then....vast majority of swbf fans wanted instant action. It was the most requested thing for this game, more than any MP based request. Ppl were asking for single player and were not gonna buy it or no longer play the game until SP comes out. If you think all of this game series fans are forcing themselves to play mp this entire time even tho they dont like it, thats just being delusional. I myself have 3 friends who just wanna play for the sp for example and barely touched the MP since Feb. or Mar.

    So you mean that out of 14 million shipped copies the wast majority didn`t know they bought a MP only game? ... or, alternately they knew but though "hey, we can probably demand that after we buy the game, they will of course listen to us and give us that - after all, that is the common practise from all publisher nowadays"... well, that sounds pretty unbelievable to me.

    Don`t take me wrong, I`m glad that someone has gotten their will and had botplay added in this MP game - I`m just not a botplayer myself. I`ve been doing MP gaming since 1993 and think that bots are either to predictable or, when set on higher difficulty, OP. I rather play people any day.

    But, someone at DICE have used a couple of months of developing and testing this new "not appearing in the original game" offline mode - such things cost money. In this case it was money they didn`t even knew they were supposed to spend - ergo, not in the business plan at all. So where did they find these money?Maybe those money was intended to make a server browser, an ingame squad system, new free maps, new free game modes, more skins, more weapons, more vehicles, server rentals.....

    With that said, I don`t have anything negative to say about the game besides the Forced Playlist. Still play it on a daily basis and other games are just not catching my interest anymore. I just wish I could play the same game mode for an hour or two in the beautiful DLCs, without wasting time waiting while doing the quit/reenter routine

    14 million SHIPPED not sold. Highly doubt it outsold and had a higher online player base than giants like Halo and Battlefield tht are actually well recieved lol. Sites even show that too that this has a low online player base too. And yes they didnt know because many were asking 3 weeks before "so whats all in the single player". 3 WEEKS TILL RELEASE lol.

    Look around the internet buddy- Amazon, Metacritic, ign ,RPS, gamespot fan reception has been insanely negitive and the major complaints were no SP.

    If ppl baught this and expected 99% online then there would be nk soloplayers matter group
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    14 million SHIPPED not sold. Highly doubt it outsold and had a higher online player base than giants like Halo and Battlefield tht are actually well recieved lol. Sites even show that too that this has a low online player base too. And yes they didnt know because many were asking 3 weeks before "so whats all in the single player". 3 WEEKS TILL RELEASE lol.

    Look around the internet buddy- Amazon, Metacritic, ign ,RPS, gamespot fan reception has been insanely negitive and the major complaints were no SP.

    If ppl baught this and expected 99% online then there would be nk soloplayers matter group

    In januar there were 13 million shipped, in March there were 14 million shipped... Thats lots of stores buying another million of copies just to gather dust. Btw. not even Battlefield 4 shipped that amount of copies in such a short period and Battlefront I and II together had about 11 million sold copies when the servers got shutdown after a good couple of years.

    There is no sites that can produce any actual numbers of players... I`m not going down that road again - it`s been explained a thousand times why that site is not to be reliable.
    .. and still I have no problem finding games (on PS4) almost 9 months after release

    People asking about single player three weeks before release has not really been paying attention, have they? - a lot like that Brexit thing, lol :)

    Yes, there were lots of negative receptions of this game - dunno why, its a beauty with lots of playability, especially for me as a long time fan, seeing a new hope on its sneak premiere in 77 - probably a "mob rule" thing.

    Of course there would be a "soloplay matter", if just one dedicated person set his/her mind to it. How big was this group btw? been looking around the internet but cannot find any numbers of members.
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    14 million SHIPPED not sold. Highly doubt it outsold and had a higher online player base than giants like Halo and Battlefield tht are actually well recieved lol. Sites even show that too that this has a low online player base too. And yes they didnt know because many were asking 3 weeks before "so whats all in the single player". 3 WEEKS TILL RELEASE lol.

    Look around the internet buddy- Amazon, Metacritic, ign ,RPS, gamespot fan reception has been insanely negitive and the major complaints were no SP.

    If ppl baught this and expected 99% online then there would be nk soloplayers matter group

    In januar there were 13 million shipped, in March there were 14 million shipped... Thats lots of stores buying another million of copies just to gather dust. Btw. not even Battlefield 4 shipped that amount of copies in such a short period and Battlefront I and II together had about 11 million sold copies when the servers got shutdown after a good couple of years.

    There is no sites that can produce any actual numbers of players... I`m not going down that road again - it`s been explained a thousand times why that site is not to be reliable.
    .. and still I have no problem finding games (on PS4) almost 9 months after release

    People asking about single player three weeks before release has not really been paying attention, have they? - a lot like that Brexit thing, lol :)

    Yes, there were lots of negative receptions of this game - dunno why, its a beauty with lots of playability, especially for me as a long time fan, seeing a new hope on its sneak premiere in 77 - probably a "mob rule" thing.

    Of course there would be a "soloplay matter", if just one dedicated person set his/her mind to it. How big was this group btw? been looking around the internet but cannot find any numbers of members.

    Ha, oh please give me the links to those numbers because im looking at games that sold millions of copies and SW battlefront is not on there (not low millions mind you but upper ones like 12 or 15 million). Original BFs didnt sell 11 million i know thats not true for a fact.

    Why do you think they say "shipped" and not sold like other sites do when games actually sell alot.

    You dont know why there was negitive reaction ACROSS THE BOARD? Lets be real this game is not a highly regarded game.

    As for the numbers-
    http://swbstats.com/


    As i said battlefield players have acknowledged the site for years now. But now all the sudden SW BF fans say its a lie? Be real dude. Denial 101

    If you think the numbers are a lie give me the real numbers. Or right here, should we ask the developers for numbers? Im sure they wont give us any because the site is either right or close to it. Otherwise they would easily disprove it. And like i said its been tracking BF numbers since 3. Why is it now there is a problem with battlefront lol?

    https://m.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/3ucig7/battlefront_player_count_falls_below_battlefield/

    http://techraptor.net/content/star-wars-battlefront-isnt-really-doing-well-on-pc

    Read the comments even

  • O-M-G!

    no, how about YOU give me the right numbers of active online EA SW Battlefront players. I don`t really have to prove anything, I`m happy because I always find games. Show me and the rest of the community that the SWBFStats numbers are the right ones. Come on.. how many individual gamers through a 24 hours cycle? How long do each player play for? how many new players joins per hour? What game modes to they play? What maps are the most popular?

    If you can answer any of the above by checking SWBFStats, how many other sites will then back up your numbers? one? two? 100? I guess none. And if we then try to check your answer against the official numbers from EA - where can we do that? like nowhere, huh? so.. you trust a site that has numbers based on... WHAT? an algorithm? a wild guess?

    BTW. When linking to references, shouldn`t they show some other source then the same site you already used?

    Battlefield stats are open and easy to find - many bfstats sites out there. Valve/Steam games stats can be collected at Steam.... Battlefront, on the other hand, is a very tight ship and you are only allowed to see your friends stats.
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Squidward wrote: »
    I don't really understand why so many people see offline as a threat to online player counts. The people who are dying to play Skirmish probably don't play much online to begin with. Plus, just like with Missions, accessing a custom hand requires unlocking stuff in online anyway. If they allowed multiplayer skins to be selected in the new mode that would be another reason to unlock stuff online before moving to offline.

    Which is basically the same as me not seeing any threats with having mode based DLC playlists as alternative to the dreadful forced one we struggle with today. :smiley:

    People who like mutiplayer will still play mutiplayer. And people who prefer offline will play offline.

    More offline modes will actually bring more people into the game, not less.

    Anyways... what happened to your white knight statement of leaving the forum ???

    the forced playlist always has been, and always will be a terrible idea. straight up mode selection is the only way it should be.
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    someone at DICE have used a couple of months of developing and testing this new "not appearing in the original game" offline mode - such things cost money. In this case it was money they didn`t even knew they were supposed to spend - ergo, not in the business plan at all. So where did they find these money?Maybe those money was intended to make a server browser, an ingame squad system, new free maps, new free game modes, more skins, more weapons, more vehicles, server rentals.....
    Yep. DICE diverted resources they couldn't spare, to satisfy people who didn't read anything about the game before buying, and because of that, what have we lost? Why can't we play Extraction on Hoth, Endor, etc? Why is there no voice chat when DICE even mentioned adding it? Why did it take so long for team shuffle? Why are day 1 bugs still un-fixed?
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

    People who like mutiplayer will still play mutiplayer. And people who prefer offline will play offline.

    More offline modes will actually bring more people into the game, not less.

    Anyways... what happened to your white knight statement of leaving the forum ???

    I left and have only posted bugreports. But I'm getting so frustrated about the forced playlist so I had to ventilate some :smile:

    Hope it doesn't offend you. If so I will go away again

    Course not was just wondering mate.

    Playlist is bad. However it's there to guarantee everyone a game, which is obviously a result of lowish player numbers.

    Because, why else would they produce such a playlist ?

    I feel like, at this point, it's almost a self fulfilling prophecy. Had they just done it the way normal games do, the player base might be higher.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    jason_kal wrote: »
    someone at DICE have used a couple of months of developing and testing this new "not appearing in the original game" offline mode - such things cost money. In this case it was money they didn`t even knew they were supposed to spend - ergo, not in the business plan at all. So where did they find these money?Maybe those money was intended to make a server browser, an ingame squad system, new free maps, new free game modes, more skins, more weapons, more vehicles, server rentals.....
    Yep. DICE diverted resources they couldn't spare, to satisfy people who didn't read anything about the game before buying, and because of that, what have we lost? Why can't we play Extraction on Hoth, Endor, etc? Why is there no voice chat when DICE even mentioned adding it? Why did it take so long for team shuffle? Why are day 1 bugs still un-fixed?

    For the million time. Dice has separate teams for mutiplayer and singleplayer.

    The addition of new offline modes has in no way affected the mutiplayer side. Because they are seperate teams.

    You obviously have little confidence in the mutiplayer if you believe one new offline mode is hurting mutiplayer... *sigh*
  • ELIMELECH401
    285 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    No one are to go out and buy this game for the offline mode...! We will not get more new players. That effectively means that the offliners will depart from the MP modes and there we have the upcoming split in our player base.

    So, if none of you can see any problems with that split, why would anyone see a problem with a "not-forced playlist" in the DLCs?

    Many people in the solo player's matter thread have said they would buy the game and season pass for offline. A lot of the solo players who have bought the game without season pass have said they would buy the pass when Dlc maps are added.

    Also, there are millions of gamers who refuse to buy an online product because when the server is down they can't use their product, which makes the product an extended and glorified rental. A good amount of these gamers like to play online too.

    In conclusion, Skirmish will bring more players (offline as well as online) to the game. It might even allow EA and Dice to remove the playlist. FYI, I agree with you on the fact that the playlist sucks.

  • For those wondering why I don't like the playlist, I dislike the playlist because you only get a partial game in the mode of your choice before going to a different mode. The worst was when I tried to play Sabotage, joined at a defeat screen, then was moved to Fighter Squadron. Needless to say, I quit FS and reloaded Sabotage.
  • Jesbro
    578 posts Member
    No one are to go out and buy this game for the offline mode...! We will not get more new players. That effectively means that the offliners will depart from the MP modes and there we have the upcoming split in our player base.

    So, if none of you can see any problems with that split, why would anyone see a problem with a "not-forced playlist" in the DLCs?

    Many people in the solo player's matter thread have said they would buy the game and season pass for offline. A lot of the solo players who have bought the game without season pass have said they would buy the pass when Dlc maps are added.

    Also, there are millions of gamers who refuse to buy an online product because when the server is down they can't use their product, which makes the product an extended and glorified rental. A good amount of these gamers like to play online too.

    In conclusion, Skirmish will bring more players (offline as well as online) to the game. It might even allow EA and Dice to remove the playlist. FYI, I agree with you on the fact that the playlist sucks.
    ^This right here. Couldn't have said it any better than that!

  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    No one are to go out and buy this game for the offline mode...! We will not get more new players. That effectively means that the offliners will depart from the MP modes and there we have the upcoming split in our player base.

    So, if none of you can see any problems with that split, why would anyone see a problem with a "not-forced playlist" in the DLCs?

    Many people in the solo player's matter thread have said they would buy the game and season pass for offline. A lot of the solo players who have bought the game without season pass have said they would buy the pass when Dlc maps are added.

    Also, there are millions of gamers who refuse to buy an online product because when the server is down they can't use their product, which makes the product an extended and glorified rental. A good amount of these gamers like to play online too.

    In conclusion, Skirmish will bring more players (offline as well as online) to the game. It might even allow EA and Dice to remove the playlist. FYI, I agree with you on the fact that the playlist sucks.

    Thanks for supporting my thoughts on the Forced Playlist - always glad to meet a fan!

    But, I think that the train already left the station, I don`t think there will be a massive rush to buy Battlefront after this Skirmish mode is released. I do however believe that a lot of people who have given up the "Giiit Guuuud" approach to Battlefront will now reinstall and try out the Skirmish mode. Hopefully some of them will find Battlefront fun again and join us MPs.

    But I also believe some older people are getting kinda "off" on the MP stuff and when having mastered all Hutt contracts, all ranks, bought all the heads and filled up their stores of Scan pulses/Explosive shots - or even those who never gonna get that all Hutt contracts done due to not enough hours free to game. Maybe these two categories don`t bother with the MP no more and then silently disappear over to Skirmish - which of course is the worst case scenario.

    In both these above cases there will be a split in the player base.

    Which gives the following: a mode based DLC playlist can`t be reality because there might be a split in the player base. Offline play will be a reality, regardless of a split in the player base. It`s a "lose - lose" situation for us who rather play MP.
    For the million time. Dice has separate teams for mutiplayer and singleplayer.

    The addition of new offline modes has in no way affected the mutiplayer side. Because they are seperate teams.

    You obviously have little confidence in the mutiplayer if you believe one new offline mode is hurting mutiplayer... *sigh*

    It doesn`t matter how many teams they have - the money the teams work for are coming from the same sack of gold. If one team starts working on something that was not counted for in the business plan (a calculated plan that tells how big the sack of gold must be), they need somewhere to get some money for it. Easiest way is to reduce some other posts/projects/plans in the original business plan to afford, for example: a new shiny Skirmish mode.

    That is kinda very basic business thinking so I guess it also would apply here...
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • No one are to go out and buy this game for the offline mode...! We will not get more new players. That effectively means that the offliners will depart from the MP modes and there we have the upcoming split in our player base.

    So, if none of you can see any problems with that split, why would anyone see a problem with a "not-forced playlist" in the DLCs?

    Wrong on the first point, I know people that are.

    You'll probably find that offliners are not playing multiplayer anyway.


    There seems to be some industry spread lie that no one wants single player anymore. Probably because it is much cheaper and easier to just make all games multiplayer.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    No one are to go out and buy this game for the offline mode...! We will not get more new players. That effectively means that the offliners will depart from the MP modes and there we have the upcoming split in our player base.

    So, if none of you can see any problems with that split, why would anyone see a problem with a "not-forced playlist" in the DLCs?

    Many people in the solo player's matter thread have said they would buy the game and season pass for offline. A lot of the solo players who have bought the game without season pass have said they would buy the pass when Dlc maps are added.

    Also, there are millions of gamers who refuse to buy an online product because when the server is down they can't use their product, which makes the product an extended and glorified rental. A good amount of these gamers like to play online too.

    In conclusion, Skirmish will bring more players (offline as well as online) to the game. It might even allow EA and Dice to remove the playlist. FYI, I agree with you on the fact that the playlist sucks.

    Thanks for supporting my thoughts on the Forced Playlist - always glad to meet a fan!

    But, I think that the train already left the station, I don`t think there will be a massive rush to buy Battlefront after this Skirmish mode is released. I do however believe that a lot of people who have given up the "Giiit Guuuud" approach to Battlefront will now reinstall and try out the Skirmish mode. Hopefully some of them will find Battlefront fun again and join us MPs.

    But I also believe some older people are getting kinda "off" on the MP stuff and when having mastered all Hutt contracts, all ranks, bought all the heads and filled up their stores of Scan pulses/Explosive shots - or even those who never gonna get that all Hutt contracts done due to not enough hours free to game. Maybe these two categories don`t bother with the MP no more and then silently disappear over to Skirmish - which of course is the worst case scenario.

    In both these above cases there will be a split in the player base.

    Which gives the following: a mode based DLC playlist can`t be reality because there might be a split in the player base. Offline play will be a reality, regardless of a split in the player base. It`s a "lose - lose" situation for us who rather play MP.
    For the million time. Dice has separate teams for mutiplayer and singleplayer.

    The addition of new offline modes has in no way affected the mutiplayer side. Because they are seperate teams.

    You obviously have little confidence in the mutiplayer if you believe one new offline mode is hurting mutiplayer... *sigh*

    It doesn`t matter how many teams they have - the money the teams work for are coming from the same sack of gold. If one team starts working on something that was not counted for in the business plan (a calculated plan that tells how big the sack of gold must be), they need somewhere to get some money for it. Easiest way is to reduce some other posts/projects/plans in the original business plan to afford, for example: a new shiny Skirmish mode.

    That is kinda very basic business thinking so I guess it also would apply

    Offline modes will have no negative effect on mutiplayer.

    If mutiplayer is so great then it will stand on its own feet fine.
  • EA from day one didn't want a community.

    It is clearly evident when you have no Public mics, no tags, no server browser and no leaderboards.

    Maybe they'll design a better game next time, instead of fleecing the fan base every time a new movie comes out. Hope you enjoy Wallet Assault. ;)
    luke.png
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Hope you enjoy Wallet Assault. ;)

    My latest Lightsabre cost three times this game with the season pass and that's not even the most expensive in my collection :wink:
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited July 2016

    Wrong on the first point, I know people that are.

    You'll probably find that offliners are not playing multiplayer anyway.


    There seems to be some industry spread lie that no one wants single player anymore. Probably because it is much cheaper and easier to just make all games multiplayer.

    1) I really don't think anyone would buy a 110 dollar game based on multiplayer against bots. When 90% of the value of the game lies in MP

    2) time will tell

    3) I think you are wrong there. There's more singleplayer games than MPs on the market. And if I were to speculate, I would say it is easier to make a singleplay game. There's a fixed timeline, you don't have to think about latency, server setup, communication, balancing, glitching or fair spawnpoints
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Hope you enjoy Wallet Assault. ;)

    My latest Lightsabre cost three times this game with the season pass and that's not even the most expensive in my collection :wink:

    Pictures of the collection please. *flutters eyes*

    o7
    luke.png
  • This game is about to receive a Feature that is propably going to add alot of value into this product and put it as a worthy Reboot of the Original Battlefront(not Battlefront 2)and we have people who thing thats a bad thing?

    Seriously you get free staff and you say no?

    IF you think people will stop playing Multiplayer to play Skirmish(aka Instand Action) you are beyond reason cause those who want Offline play(like me) dont play Multiplayer,and IF the multiplayer does get affected then it means its not a good multiplayer game.

    People who dont want those "Multiplayer" games not to have bots are seriusly destroying the industry and it sucks.
  • 1) I really don't think anyone would buy a 110 dollar game based on multiplayer against bots. When 90% of the value of the game lies in MP

    Well, I'd rather pay a discounted price on that season pass (considering hutt contract gear is meaningless to an offline player), but if they make it compatible with skirmish then I'll be the first to prove your theory wrong.
    "In yon strait path a thousand may well be stopped by three. Now who will stand on either hand and keep the bridge with me?" - Thomas B. Macaulay, Horatius
  • Won't be long now to establish if the offline is doodoo....so argue then?
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    No one are to go out and buy this game for the offline mode...! We will not get more new players. That effectively means that the offliners will depart from the MP modes and there we have the upcoming split in our player base.

    So, if none of you can see any problems with that split, why would anyone see a problem with a "not-forced playlist" in the DLCs?

    Many people in the solo player's matter thread have said they would buy the game and season pass for offline. A lot of the solo players who have bought the game without season pass have said they would buy the pass when Dlc maps are added.

    Also, there are millions of gamers who refuse to buy an online product because when the server is down they can't use their product, which makes the product an extended and glorified rental. A good amount of these gamers like to play online too.

    In conclusion, Skirmish will bring more players (offline as well as online) to the game. It might even allow EA and Dice to remove the playlist. FYI, I agree with you on the fact that the playlist sucks.

    Thanks for supporting my thoughts on the Forced Playlist - always glad to meet a fan!

    But, I think that the train already left the station, I don`t think there will be a massive rush to buy Battlefront after this Skirmish mode is released. I do however believe that a lot of people who have given up the "Giiit Guuuud" approach to Battlefront will now reinstall and try out the Skirmish mode. Hopefully some of them will find Battlefront fun again and join us MPs.

    But I also believe some older people are getting kinda "off" on the MP stuff and when having mastered all Hutt contracts, all ranks, bought all the heads and filled up their stores of Scan pulses/Explosive shots - or even those who never gonna get that all Hutt contracts done due to not enough hours free to game. Maybe these two categories don`t bother with the MP no more and then silently disappear over to Skirmish - which of course is the worst case scenario.

    In both these above cases there will be a split in the player base.

    Which gives the following: a mode based DLC playlist can`t be reality because there might be a split in the player base. Offline play will be a reality, regardless of a split in the player base. It`s a "lose - lose" situation for us who rather play MP.
    For the million time. Dice has separate teams for mutiplayer and singleplayer.

    The addition of new offline modes has in no way affected the mutiplayer side. Because they are seperate teams.

    You obviously have little confidence in the mutiplayer if you believe one new offline mode is hurting mutiplayer... *sigh*

    It doesn`t matter how many teams they have - the money the teams work for are coming from the same sack of gold. If one team starts working on something that was not counted for in the business plan (a calculated plan that tells how big the sack of gold must be), they need somewhere to get some money for it. Easiest way is to reduce some other posts/projects/plans in the original business plan to afford, for example: a new shiny Skirmish mode.

    That is kinda very basic business thinking so I guess it also would apply here...

    I agree with you, man. I don't think it's going to help sales in any significant way, and it certainly isn't going have any positive influence on MP. I do want this offline for that very reason. When it comes, I'll be playing it some of the time, hence I won't be playing MP those times.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Thanks @briandt75, I also have some friends who will do like you... and that proves my point of splitting the player base - and the fact that splitting the player base shouldn`t be a reason for adding a "non-forced Playlist" to the DLCs... at least it was not an issue when the community was craving Offline mode

    Today I found a good gang who almost played through the playlist - when "Droids" came up our team took all the droids and the enemy didn`t bother doing nothing - so the round was over in shorter time then the "quit/reenter" routine, the HvV had our team doing massive Hero suicides five rounds in a row - still quicker than "Q/R"... but when Blast came we all quit and went back to search for another game of Extraction. :smile:
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • 1) I really don't think anyone would buy a 110 dollar game based on multiplayer against bots. When 90% of the value of the game lies in MP

    Well, I'd rather pay a discounted price on that season pass (considering hutt contract gear is meaningless to an offline player), but if they make it compatible with skirmish then I'll be the first to prove your theory wrong.

    But you already bought the game, right? then you are in the "splitting the player base" category, not the "buying Battlefront for the first time because it got Skirmish" category.
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

  • Wrong on the first point, I know people that are.

    You'll probably find that offliners are not playing multiplayer anyway.


    There seems to be some industry spread lie that no one wants single player anymore. Probably because it is much cheaper and easier to just make all games multiplayer.

    1) I really don't think anyone would buy a 110 dollar game based on multiplayer against bots. When 90% of the value of the game lies in MP

    Just for the record, I've bought the game for someone because of Skirmish. Base game only was very cheap this weekend where I live, for PC at least.

    She's not used to playing games, let alone an online shooter, but played a little from missions in my computer and liked it. It would take several hours of dying and no fun online for her to even start enjoying the whole experience though. Maybe Skirmish will be a good practice ground that could actually be fun to people who are not used to shooters but are Star Wars fans. And a possibility of them joining online matches when comfortable.

    I believe it might have some positive effect on MP playerbase, even if not immediately.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!