criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

You crafted an account, NOW Introduce Yourself

Prev13
Sledgehammer70
914 posts Member
edited October 2015
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums! My name is Mathew Everett, and I am your Star Wars Battlefront Community Manager. Most people know me as Sledgehammer70 or Sledge, and I prefer that name to my real name around here. I am a huge gamer and get to share that passion with my bride and three sons… soon to be four sons. I am really into cars and love a good root beer. My car of choice is a Camaro, and I am lucky enough to be driving one. I have no bias to other makes and models, as I simply just love cars. Deep rumble and American muscle have a place in my heart.

I will be on these forums daily along with many members of the development team and moderation team who are all fans just like you. We will answer every question we can, but please keep in mind we can’t respond to every topic and or every question posted.

I am 100% looking forward to chatting with each of you and can’t wait to see you online during the beta and at launch on November 17th. Don’t worry, I will be playing on all three platforms.

And yes, I have the best job in the world and am very thankful for being able to represent such an amazing game and community.

Now its your turn! Introduce yourself below.
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
Post edited by Sledgehammer70 on

Replies

• Hi everyone! My name is Vincent Vukovic and I’m a Community Manager based at DICE, working on Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield and Mirror’s Edge Catalyst. When I was eight years old, I told my mom that I wanted to work with videos games and here I am today - dreams do come true. It’ll be a pleasure listening to what you think about Star Wars Battlefront and talking with you – on these forums, social channels, at events and so on.

Other than that, I really love reading/watching everything that has to do with technology and space. You’ll have great conversations with me if you’re into stuff like artificial intelligence, neuroscience, space travel, communications and similar things. Getting really nerdy is something that's really fun! In addition to this, I do a lot of travelling, listen to tons of music, drink more coffee than what’s healthy for me and enjoy activities like going to the gym, martial arts and cooking.

Now, go ahead and introduce yourself!
    Community Manager at DICE working with Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.
  • I'm EA_AgentX, Community Admin and Social Media dude for multiple games. I've been working for EA for 5 years and supporting communities and social for 4 years. I'm a multi-platform gamer for the last 30 years and am a huge fan of Star Wars.
    "I can't believe I'm getting paid for this." - Boba Fett
  • I see familiar faces. :p
  • Hey - can't wait for the Beta!!
  • Hey everyone I'm Laddie some of you may know me from being a moderator for Respawn Entertainment and enthusiastic Titanfall fan.

I love video games and Star Wars so to say I'm super excited about Battlefront is an understatement. I'll be playing the beta and game on PS4 and X1, I'm Laddie13 on both platforms if anyone is interested in teaming up. I'm siding with the Rebel scum!

Oh, that Darth Vader PS4... I want it!
  • Heyal, Rickety from The Older Gamers. Glad to be here!!
  • Hello everyone, I'm Neverx. I'm a HUGE Star Wars and Battlefront fan and have been waiting 10 years for a new game. I'm also a huge PC gamer, I cannot wait until the Battlefront beta. I'm Neverx_Spike on Origin so feel free to hit me up!
  • SpookyJedi here! Can't wait to play Battlefront with you guys. I've been wanting a Battlefront game done by Dice since the first one came out. Been a fan of Dice since Battlefield 1942. So this is like a dream finally coming true. I'll be playing on PS4 and PC with the same handle (SpookyJedi) hope to see you all on the battlefront!
  • This is your God Sphinxy. I will be taking over the universe on my Sith. You will all bow to me.
  • Hello, everyone. My name is Jake Holt. Some of you may know me from the subreddit. I hope that this forum turns out to be an excellent place for discussing the game, as well as contacting the developers! I am an avid Star Wars fan and have been since birth. I'm a pretty serious gamer, over 20 hours a week. I'm a personal fitness trainer and my profession affords me plenty of time for gaming!
  • Hello everyone! Great to see this forum releasing. My name is Erik aka Stadler. I am a former Battlelog moderator, community site founder (Battlefieldo, TotalBF2, BFHeroesHQ) but now mostly working as a freelance web designer and developer.

Looking forward to playing battlefront! Maybe we can organize a community night!

-Stadler
  • The God has been banned already.
  • But the website is full of flaws and needs to be debugged.
  • SolMed411
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    My name is Brad. I used to be a medic in the Army, and I'm currently in nursing school. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and I'm super psyched for Battlefront! I'll be playing on the PS4 (PSN - SolMed411).
    Post edited by SolMed411 on
  • I am bob, My question is this really how do we link our game accounts to our accounts on here?.
    Rekt Innit Yo
  • Jobotoo

For those on PC, feel free to join us on TeamSpeak:
    ts3.madcastgaming.com:10028

ORIGIN ID: JoboOrigin - TeamSpeak Server: ts3.madcastgaming.com:10028
  • Hey all, I'm Andy.
    Huge fan of the older games and have been closely following the "developments" of the franchise over the past 10 years. (!!!)
    Really excited that we are a few days (hours) away from finally battlefronting again in the beta!
  • Hey everyone! I'm Matt. I am 21 years old and attend Utah Valley University for degrees in composing and music production and have been playing violin for 15 years. I love star wars and the empire. I play on Xbox one. My gamer tag is J NOSK36. I like making friends and fun gamer friends as well. Looking forward to squading up in the future!
  • TheANDREW321
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Hello everyone, my name is Andrew (TheANDREW321), and I've been a Star Wars fan since I was five! Fast forward ten years later and I've collected everything Star Wars that I could get my hands on from figures and legos to games, comics and every single Star Wars movie. I've played both Battlefronts and they are awesome games, and I cannot wait the play the next Battlefront game DICE will be delivering us. I'll be hopping in the beta everyday from release to the very end (hopefully), and cannot wait to get my hands on it!
    I'll see you on the battlefront. Add me on PSN if you want to play and use the partner system during the beta! (TheANDREW321)
  • Red_Kix_71 here. Can't wait for the Beta and the game to drop!
  • Zach
    549 posts Member
    Hey everyone I'm Zach. I'm currently enrolled as a student at Clemson University. I've been looking forward to this game as well as the new movie for about 2 years now and its crazy to think that its all almost here. I think its safe to say that I've never been more excited for any game than I am for Battlefront, so sorry (not sorry) if I've set the bar too high. But from everything I've seen so far, you guys are doing great. Can't wait to give it a try this weekend!
  • m3D
    7 posts Member
    21 years old ....i'm a battlefield + front huge fan

I'll see you on the battlefront :)
  • Hey everyone! My name is Jacob, aka Ofury. I play mostly on Xbox one as my gaming days got limited after getting married and starting my own business. Looking forward to meeting a few good players that get on 'round the same time each night. Add me folks! Xboxlive: Ofury23 I'll be playing 'round 8pm central.
  • Su'cuy! I'm Niyic, I've been waiting for this battlefront for a decade since BF2 on the Xbox. I'm a big fan of Mandalorians, Republic Commandos and hope they eventually make it into DLC or get their own RC2 game. OT era battles is a good way to restart this franchise and it should be exciting to see the expansion in the years to come.
  • What's up, yall? The name's Thomas, but I often go by my online aliases, which include tom(m)mytom(64) and redcp. I'm a long-time fan of Star Wars and am absolutely obsessed with this game - even before its release!

Apart from Battlefront, I also enjoy the Battlefield series, Sly Cooper series, Animal Crossing, Transformice, Wild Warfare, and a few others. I love to watch Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.

I'm a ginger gamer high school student from the southeastern U.S. who enjoys economics, business, politics and world affairs, sports, computer science, web and graphic design, and of course, gaming. I'm shy, but also friendly, approachable, and a chill guy overall, so if you'd ever like to talk, feel free to message me! :)

P.S. - My PSN username is tommytom64 and my username on Origin is tommmytom.
  • Hi- I am Pewbacca! I am looking forward to playing Battlefront with everyone in the Beta and come release. I am planning on playing the game on PS4.

I have been playing Battlefront games since the days of Battlefront 1 and 2 on the PS2, those were the days. I think this game is looking great and I can't wait to dive into it!

See you all on the battlefront!
  • Looking for more Xbox guys to join the fight against the rebellion, pm me
  • northking_92
    19 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Hi everyone, my name is Dylan (northking_92) and I'm an avid gamer who plays on exclusively PS4 at the moment. I've been a huge Star Wars fan since The Phantom Menace came out in '99 when I was only 7. 16 years later and I love all things SW including owning the 6 film bluray set, various toys and comics, and almost every game released over the past couple decades. I'm pumped for the new Battlefront after 10 years of following the various developments and I have complete confidence in the EA and DICE team :)

A little bit about myself; I am a youth football and basketball coach who has successful experiences playing football in high school and basketball in recreational leagues. I help train athletes along with working full time in customer service for a popular international company. I am enjoying the single life living in a peaceful and quiet community in a small town in the central USA and I enjoy training at the ymca and playing games such as Madden 16, NBA 2k16, Telltale series of The Walking Dead and the Game of Thrones series during my downtime. This is my first time joining a dedicated Star Wars community forum so I'm excited to get to know the great people here and share some amazing Battlefront experiences starting in a couple days!

Again I play on PS4 and my ID is: northking_92

Will add all who request me, thanks!
    Post edited by northking_92 on
  • Good day everyone, my gamertag is FlyingTrilobite and I'm a science illustrator, and professional blogger who loves the original 2 Battlefront games, (I still play them on my backward compatible XB360). I upgraded from my XB360 to an XBOne so I could keep connected with my nephew, and pre-ordered Battlefront for each of us. Really excited for this game.

My favourite aspect of the original games was the unexpected things you can do in open world maps: boost a droid tank over the edge of the Utapau cliff as a clone commando and jetpack back up to the level, or spend the Endor level in BF1 destroying the shield bunker command post.

I'm not going to lament missing features too much, because I'm excited by the infectious enthusiasm the DICE team has been showing us in their videos and appearances. Can't wait to fly some TIEs.
    -
    FlyingTrilobite
  • Deltadax
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Hi! My name is José from Guatemala, I'm and Android Developer and a huge fan of star wars scince I can remember! Can't wait to play the beta will be testing on PC! Add me on origin (deltadax2014)

Thanks dice for bringing back such a good game have high hopes for it.
  • Hello Battlefront community!

Boy, is it great to say that we're back for a new game for the first time in over 10 years.

I've been a huge Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember, and I didn't play any other game more than the original Battlefront I & II as a kid. I've still got my PC and PS2 copies of both games, and can't wait for the new game to finally drop in November. Feel free to add me on Origin and Xbox One if you ever need a teammate, and Steam as well if you ever feel like playing the originals. My username is JDHarbs across all services.

See you all on the 'front. We back!

- JD
  • Really excited to play. 4 machines will be running this game here.
  • Hi guys!

I'm Peter - 23 and from Denmark. I'm a long time star wars fan(who isnt?!) You'll most likely see me on the rebel side fighting along with Luke! I've been looking for a official forum or a very active community for a while and now that the official forum is here you'll probably see me a lot in here!
    There can be only one Flunksch.
  • Looking forward to continuing my life long journey in a Galaxy far far away.....
  • Hey everyone.

I'm Rliant and I've been a Star Wars fan since I was a wee squirt. Now that I'm a bigger, close to drinking age squirt I'm looking forward to playing some Battlefront.

Battlefront is one of the franchises I've been playing the longest, it was the third Xbox game I ever owned after the copies of Morrowind and KOTOR (also franchises near and dear to my heart) that came with the Xbox.

See all of you on the battlefront!
    A group of cybernetic creatures from the future have traveled back through time to ensalve the human race...and you're here to stop them? Hot damn! You're heroic. - Zefram Cochrane
  • Hey Everybody,

My name is Adam, and I'm in Atlanta at the moment. My gamertag on Xbox Live is NearDeathStar. I'm a Producer and Cinematographer in the film and tv industry. Most recent release of a show I've been on is Real Rob, which premieres on Netflix on December 1st. Be sure to check it out. I have several things in production at the moment so I stay busy, but not enough to miss out on this Beta!!!! I travel a lot for work so I unwind with games. I've played them forever, and I have a feeling I always will, lol. Like many of you, I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan. I'm just crazy about it, so I feel like I've been waiting for this game for 20 years, hahaha. Look forward to seeing you out there.

May the Force be with you...always,

Adam
  • Hi to all...good luck to all.
    I am Billy & i play for a long time the BF series (BF3,4 & Hardline). Almost 42 years old & a SW fan of course...i hope we will have so much fun with SWBF...see you soon!
    DICE good luck & thank you for your efforts!
  • JEDI_RUFF
    610 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    JediRuff Here I'm a upcoming new music producer from Australia add me on Playstation Network (AvatarRuff) see you guys on thee Battlefront & as always
    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL
    blood_moon_by_ctreuse109-d8dnr8j.png
  • I'm me and I'm super excited to try out the beta :)
  • Hello, my name's Elliot, aKa BattlefrontUpdates, and I live in Sweden, pretty close to DICE office. I'm part of the Game Changer program which means I've had the chance to play the game early a few times and give some feedback to the devs, and on my free time I like to make videos on my YouTube channel. See you all on the Battlefront!
    I like to make a bunch of battlefront videos on my YouTube channel
  • Hi, Straywalker here..

I saw Star Wars (Stjärnornas Krig) the 20:th december 1977 in the Cinema "Rigoletto" in Stockholm (3 days after the swedish premiere) and have been a huge fan since. Got myself an original Movie poster from that day which still is in its golden frame (in the attic, I got married and... ok, sorry, mayor distraction).

During a time as a skibum travelling round the world a few times, I somewhere on the journey, got my nickname from an Australian chap, who found my regular "walkabouts" (I.E. I got lost) amusing, and the nick has stayed with me for 27 years now.

I remember playing every Starwars game on every platform, until the PC finally got the Xwing series and all the following LucasArts SW games that came was played on the PC. After a while I came over the BF1942 and though - "Yikes, this is the best ever, imaging if they could do a Starwars version of it!"... There was some good SW-mods on both BF1942 and BF2 but they all lacked, eh.. something - and well, I tried to like the previous battlefront attempts but never really did... :neutral: .... soooow, then I heard Dice was to make a new Battlefront...!!! :wink: Wohooo! - no pressure, no pressure at all, Dice :smile:

After playing all my games up to Battlefield 3 on a PC, I converted to Apple (don`t ask why, it just happened...) Sow now I have changed gaming plattform and Battlefield 4 is strictly played on my PS4, where we of course also will find the upcoming Battlefront.
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Hello everyone, Rhino here. Please add me as RhinoCharging00 on psn.
    Can't wait for the beta...it's going to EPIC!!!!
  • Hello there,

I am a long time gamer that goes by the name Major Stains, currently a member of Team MP - The Parent Gamers Clan.
    Having grown up with Star Wars, and growing up with computer games. This step into next gen Star Wars games has been hugely anticipated between my friends and clanmates.

A huge thanks to everyone involved in the production of this title and the websites/ forums that we populate.

I would love to see a great Star Wars Community being created, a central hub to share war stories etc.
    As there are so many great games out lately, many online friends are spread far and wide and fingers crossed this title will bring everybody back together.

My psn is MajorStains 74, and any parent gamers are welcome to join us at teammp.net , on Battlelog or on our new PlayStation Community.

Enjoy the beta everyone, and see you on the Battlefront

• Hiro, Japanese. a.k.a Hiro Starrunner. Owner of several Star Wars shops in Tokyo and an official of Star Wars Japan fanclub community.

Been a fan of Star Wars since i was 4.
    Saw the old movies over and over on VHS in that time.
    Saw the differences during the years and also how the old saga has been altered many times over and over.

I love everything of Star Wars franchise. The game that I enjoyed the most was Battlefront I & II since I love Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers and Scouttroopers.

Will play this game and also the base command app.

I'm mainly on the PS4 ( ID: Hisagihiro)

So if you want add me and hopefully see you at the front soldier!
    スターウォーズ :バトルフロント [日本] 'Where did you dig up that old fossil'
  • Mexicant
    11 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Greetings Everyone. As many of you are, I can't wait for the release of Star Wars Battlefront. I have been waiting for the next generation of Star Wars shooter ever since the first rumor of the next Battlefront surface the interwebs. I'm just hoping DICE takes it's time to finish the game, even if it means delay, and listens and applies feedback from players.
    As for myself, I started as a console player during the Nintendo 64/PlayStation era and during that same time a PC was brought into the house. I didn't pay much attention to the PC, but everything changed (when the Fire Nation attacked) when I learned that the PC could also play games. The PC led me to play some great shooter games, SW Battlefront I and II, SW Republic Commando, and Team Fortress 2, which later drifted into MOBAs Super Monday Night Combat, Awesomenauts, and now SMITE. I also record gameplay and recently started streaming and you can expect me to do the same for SW Battlefront. If interested in teamming up just message me or find me on my TWITCH CHANNEL or YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
    See you on the battlefield.
    "Don't just do something, stand there!"
    TWITCH.TV
    YOUTUBE
  • Hello everyone, xbox one player here, massive Star Wars and Battlefield fan. Xbox one gamertag iCk3Y UK. See you on the battlefront :)
  • Mudcat
    2 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Mudcat here, just waiting like the rest of you.

waiting-is-the-hardest-part-o.gif

• Hey guys, I'm PR3SIDENT!

Former Battlelog Moderator, Battlefield Franchise superfan, community leader, e-sports guru and all kinds of other things! Some of you may remember me from a fansite called Battlefieldo years ago which was very popular.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you in this community, and playing this amazing addition to the Star Wars franchise!
  • PR3SIDENT wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm PR3SIDENT!

Former Battlelog Moderator, Battlefield Franchise superfan, community leader, e-sports guru and all kinds of other things! Some of you may remember me from a fansite called Battlefieldo years ago which was very popular.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you in this community, and playing this amazing addition to the Star Wars franchise!

Hey PR3SIDENT! Happy to see you!

Known as Cryphisss around the forums and Battlefield. Helping around the Battlelog forums, Answer HQ and overall a game development student in Sweden with a dream to work with games in the near future.

I also helped out and participated in the Battlefieldo community/fan-site as Mr. PR3SIDENT. Great times. I really look forward to this game and the moments we get to share as players and community!
  • I'm Denny Kovacs, I'm the Editor-in-Chief of Game Cardinal and a writer at the more well known site MP1st. I've been around the community for quite a long time, considering that it's how I got started in this industry, and I'm looking forward to sticking around and having discussions and such with you lot.

Cheers.
    Editor-in-Chief of Game Cardinal and Writer at MP1st.