criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

t-21 vs t21b

I was wondering which gun is better. Ive used both but it is either hard to tell because its such a Little difference or im just slow. I thought id come before the wosdom of the forums for this one.
"You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
vader.gif

Replies

• JamesP
    547 posts Member
    I prefer T21 myself, no technical reason, just like it more
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    I like the t-21 some times, but in multiplayer it just doesn't stand up to anything close up. If you are good at aiming you will drop more than a few though. Im not a fan of the t-21b though for some reason, i just never seem to find myself using it.
  • Rok73
    583 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Well, the T-21 is full auto while the b model has single shot and better zoom magnification. It's more like a sniper really. I use the b model exclusively on Sullust WA. It's perfect because the map is wide open and you're basically shooting opponents on the other side of the map "tube" all the way down to uplink 3. It also destroys the turbo lasers in miliseconds when paired with ion shot.

The T-21 on the other side is also a good weapon for mid to far ranges if you're leading the shots well. It was my go to weapon but atm I mostly play the EE-4 which is - even nerfed - an awesome little rifle.
  • T21b is really good once you learn to pace your shots. It can kill people from far away very easily too
  • Thought we already discussed the finer points of the lovely Lewis gun in http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/52895/t21-buff#latest#Comment_421499 and similar threads. To summarize what I stated there: The B variant works better on Hoth, Jakku, & Sullust where you fight at extreme distances, say 200m to full klick. I prefer to use the stock version in slightly smaller maps like Bespin where engagements often take place in 50 to 200m. At these mid to long ranges, it's worth it to sacrifice the scope for increased kill power. In Jabba's palace, I usually swap out my Enfield shock blaster, or other CQB weapon, for T21 when we reach the cross-hangar shootout portion of an Extraction game. Unsure about Tattooine & Endor -- while they have extreme distances as well, the rocks & trees get in the way. :s

Whichever you choose, I feel they will serve you better as squad automatic weapon than either DLT19 or RT97. The individual bolts from those 2 have been so emasculated as to be only marginally effective for enemy elimination or suppressive fire. :#
  • Thought we already discussed the finer points of the lovely Lewis gun in http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/52895/t21-buff#latest#Comment_421499 and similar threads. To summarize what I stated there: The B variant works better on Hoth, Jakku, & Sullust where you fight at extreme distances, say 200m to full klick. I prefer to use the stock version in slightly smaller maps like Bespin where engagements often take place in 50 to 200m. At these mid to long ranges, it's worth it to sacrifice the scope for increased kill power. In Jabba's palace, I usually swap out my Enfield shock blaster, or other CQB weapon, for T21 when we reach the cross-hangar shootout portion of an Extraction game. Unsure about Tattooine & Endor -- while they have extreme distances as well, the rocks & trees get in the way. :s

Whichever you choose, I feel they will serve you better as squad automatic weapon than either DLT19 or RT97. The individual bolts from those 2 have been so emasculated as to be only marginally effective for enemy elimination or suppressive fire. :#

Holy highbrow. Did you type this in a British accent?
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    I'm not a fan of either
  • T21b awesome gun 27000 kills with it leading from the front play a lot of turning point tho not any good in small maps
  • Standard variant because it can 2 hit kill in close. B variant is only good for hill humping.
    61tgj36mc1n9.png

• T21 all day long.
  • T-21B if you want a semi-auto sniper rifle (the Relby is a DMR). T-21 if you want a mid-long range SAW. You can still snipe with the T-21 but you need to tap fire, which gives it a slightly lower ROF than the T-21B.

Overall I prefer the T-21 as I'm more of a support/SAW guy than sniper. If you learn to stick with a group and hang back you can really devastate enemies. Unlike the DLT-19 though you'll get really punished for lone wolfing if you get caught at close range. It also pays to know the difference between cover and concealment. If you set up in a good position with cover protecting most of your body (crouching helps) you'll be in a good position against enemies caught in the open (most players don't have the aim to go for headshots as it's a much smaller profile and good use of cover will minimize your torso as a target).

This being said an increase in ROF would be most welcome for the T-21 as it would mitigate the effectiveness of the strafe dodge.
  • The T-21 on Jundland Wastes...
    drooling-homer-simpson.jpg
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    I used both but I use T-21 more because it is auto. Depends what map I'm on.
  • HTLY47
    81 posts Member
    T-21b I one of my favourite guns for Sabatoge ect... Its about a 1-3 shot kill and feels about more accurate and powerful now then b4
  • medic42
    215 posts Member
    quacks4max wrote: »
    T21b is really good once you learn to pace your shots. It can kill people from far away very easily too

agree. I used to be horrible with this gun, but after working on the Hutt Contracts it has become my weapon of choice on most maps
  • Schweinwinder
    619 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    i prefer the T-21B. it feels like you can fire the 3 shots to kill a dude a littler quicker, and along with the X-8, its optics are great. those are the only two weapons in battlefront i opt to actually aim with instead of shooting from the hip. its the ultimate long range blaster, and i often use it on jakku and sullust WA.
  • I was wondering which gun is better. Ive used both but it is either hard to tell because its such a Little difference or im just slow. I thought id come before the wosdom of the forums for this one.

I don't know if you are familiar with a site called symthic.com but they have all the SWBF weapon stats and even a feature that lets you compare guns side by side. Its very comprehensive, and fairly easy to get the information you want.

http://symthic.com/battlefront-compare?T-21_vs_T-21B

This is a comparison of the T21 and T21B There are lots of subtle and not so subtle differences to them. Hope it helps.
  • Holy highbrow. Did you type this in a British accent?
    Why, thank you. I do watch the BBC a lot and can effect the accent, but it would sound totally fake. A Brit accent is probably required for Imperial officer candidate school, but I don't recommend signing up. Rumour has it their CO is really mean… :p

1 more note about T21: I learned from trial & error that combined with ion shot it is surprisingly effective against walkers, especially in conjunction with another ion device. Yesterday, I almost singlehandedly took down an AT-AT in WA and won the game before it even reached the halfway point! B)

• Holy highbrow. Did you type this in a British accent?
    Why, thank you. I do watch the BBC a lot and can effect the accent, but it would sound totally fake. A Brit accent is probably required for Imperial officer candidate school, but I don't recommend signing up. Rumour has it their CO is really mean… :p

1 more note about T21: I learned from trial & error that combined with ion shot it is surprisingly effective against walkers, especially in conjunction with another ion device. Yesterday, I almost singlehandedly took down an AT-AT in WA and won the game before it even reached the halfway point! B)

Yeah if you hit the weak spot you'll nab almost as many points as a torpedo with each charge. For that reason it's my go to gun as a rebel in WA