criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Absolutely love the cycler!

Prev1
GRDNANGL172
5513 posts Member
edited July 2016
a2a21166c175d57630dedeca984ae3bc4b793288_hq.jpg

This gun does everything. Can't go into battle without it...

Make short work of turrets and droids.

Blast people at close range back to respawn.

Nab people at extreme ranges with no warning.

Combine it with a weaker short range blaster and get easy body shot kills at range.

Take out enemy proximity mines with ease at any range. (Yes you can blow up people with their own mines with this)

Easily dispatch bubble poppers.

Counter disruption.

It even does great damage to starfighters.

Anyone else out there love the versatility of this gun? I can't seem to put it down!

Post edited by GRDNANGL172 on

Replies

• One of my favorites!
  • Remember before they buffed it how bad it was? Now it is a great gun. One of the things they actually adjusted right.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I dont play a multiplayer match without it. Not that i play multiplayer anymore! I don't know if i will use it in skirmish when the time comes, as i don't see it being as useful agaist bots. Will probably go with the thermal detonator and scout pistol for skirmish.

btw, that's some nice back of the map camping going on in that first video. ;)
  • I am hoping that they fix the multiplayer hand issue soon so we can do a cycler challenge on WA skirmish normal. See how many you can take out with just that. Will be pretty interesting! Hopefully they add partner increased cooldown as well. 5 second reloading is pretty fun!
  • DarthJ
    6558 posts Member
    Love it too - you were a beast with it on Jundland Wastes!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Yeah Darth was in that game. I think I had a total of 9 kills on those guys on the crawler throughout the game. I figured a short clip of a great part was better than a clip of the entire game.
  • Great shooting! I need to pick it back up. I'll admit, my frustration comes at trying to get headshots at longer ranges. I end up getting a lot of assists or having to follow-up with the EE-3 to finish them off.
  • My favorite card by a mile. I use it for everything you noted, though the droid/turret destruction is the main reason. I've started replacing the scatter gun with it in smaller maps because of its 10s upgraded cooldown time (vs. 25s for the scatter gun). The cooldown time has gotten much more important to me with all of the disruption out there.

The biggest issue is that there is a learning curve in how to use it due to the shot drop. But once you get this down, it's one of the most effective items available.

• GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Yeah it doesn't take much compensation at long range. When their body is as big as the bottom hash mark, you only need to shoot about a headheight above their actual head and it will pop the melon every time. Maybe just a hair higher than that. I missed one of those shots by aiming a hair too low, and the jumppack saved him. Until he popped back up and got wasted as the last shot in the video.

It also works great at Insta gibbing blaster cannon users. Goes right through the shield.

You can pester saber heroes with it as well as they can't deflect it. Headshot trolling Vader or Luke with this is pretty fun.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Haven't used it much ever since the bowcaster got buffed, but I do remember some very amazing kills with it.
  • The best is seeing someone set down a prox bomb on the enemy team. Set your sights on it and wait till some enemies run near the "harmless" prox bomb from their team... That is the BEST!
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    The best is seeing someone set down a prox bomb on the enemy team. Set your sights on it and wait till some enemies run near the "harmless" prox bomb from their team... That is the BEST!

I get killed by a jump pack bacta user long before i get to do things like that.
  • GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I carry disruption for jump packers like that. If they are using bacta you can't one shot them with cycler (which needs to be fixed), or if I have a Han Solo moment where I come across a large group. I just blast them in the head and melee them when they get close and this seems to work for bacta jumpers.
    cpwCYYn.gif
  • if you havent done it already, i suggest you combine the cycler rifle with the stinger pistol. the stinger pistol is amazing a killing those guys you hit in the body. and if youre anything like me, you miss their head and hit their body 99.9% of the time lol
  • I don't have that problem, but when I do hit a body shot my primary usually one shots them anyway.
  • I don't have that problem, but when I do hit a body shot my primary usually one shots them anyway.

right on. i just find the accuracy and bullet speed of the stinger pistol to be amazing. i cant seem to miss a guy even all the way across jakku with that thing
  • Before the Bowcaster it used to be my #1
    tumblr_m2wkp897rY1rprxkro1_500.gif
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif

right on. i just find the accuracy and bullet speed of the stinger pistol to be amazing. i cant seem to miss a guy even all the way across jakku with that thing

Ok I'll look into it, just to mess around lol.
  • Charliefurey
    351 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Cycler makes the scatter gun obsolete better in 99% of situations. Also is better than the pulse cannon since the green glare was added, completely ruins stealthy attacks

Ok I'll look into it, just to mess around lol.

hope you get on with it!
  • TheChewbaccabrah007_
    485 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Remember before they buffed it how bad it was? Now it is a great gun. One of the things they actually adjusted right.

Yup,still used it back then but didn't use it as much.
    My main combo with it is
    Jump pack-cooling cell-cycler rifle -scout
    My other one was the same load out but with ES
    Gotta have my cycler rifle in one of my 2 in game load outs. (Still don't know why we only have 2 load outs to take in game) -seems silly
    Post edited by TheChewbaccabrah007_ on
  • Yeah it doesn't take much compensation at long range. When their body is as big as the bottom hash mark, you only need to shoot about a headheight above their actual head and it will pop the melon every time. Maybe just a hair higher than that. I missed one of those shots by aiming a hair too low, and the jumppack saved him. Until he popped back up and got wasted as the last shot in the video.

It also works great at Insta gibbing blaster cannon users. Goes right through the shield.

You can pester saber heroes with it as well as they can't deflect it. Headshot trolling Vader or Luke with this is pretty fun.

Thanks! I'll out some time in on that and see how it goes.
  • Dogzilla
    389 posts Member
    Kill count?
  • So far I have 704. I do a good bit of flying, but whenever I am on the ground I love using it.
  • Dogzilla
    389 posts Member
    :)
    Indeed. My favourite star card, I'm so used to the versatility whenever I switch to something else (rarely) I immediately regret it.
  • Cycler rifle can only kill people with one hit if they are 5 feet away it's a joke it's supposed to be a sniper rifle it's range for ohk needs to be severely buffed. I enjoy using the cycler rifle more than the scrubby pulse cannon. Even though it's fun to use I wish I can kill people across the map like it was intended to
  • What it's good you say? Nurf it its unfair it's op nurf nurf nurf nurf NRRF It!!
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    What it's good you say? Nurf it its unfair it's op nurf nurf nurf nurf NRRF It!!

In all fairness, threads like this will show them how well people do with it. And they may just end up nerfing it because of that. Would be pretty funny to see peoples faces if they nerf it because of everyone saying how they "wreck" with it.
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    God I love the Cycler. Including its younger brother, the Scatter Gun, or as I like to call it: Cycler Jr.

So versatile. It's a Swiss Army Knife.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Wallofman
    1155 posts Member
    I wish I can get good with it. I load it up, try to use it and seem to not be able to do well with it. I then go back to pulse cannon, or scatter gun. After a while I try it again. Can anyone give some pointers on how to become better with it? I would love to be able to use it more effectively given its versatility.
  • I'll have to try it again, I haven't really used it since I got the Scatter Gun.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I wish I can get good with it. I load it up, try to use it and seem to not be able to do well with it. I then go back to pulse cannon, or scatter gun. After a while I try it again. Can anyone give some pointers on how to become better with it? I would love to be able to use it more effectively given its versatility.

What problems are you having with it?
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    Good weapon, usually always chosen for my hand
  • I still prefer my scatter gun but cycler isn't bad!
  • Beware posts like this nerf herders sniff out good weapons and kill them
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Never leave home without it
    May the force be with you.
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    I rock it occasionally. But just cannot land enough OHK shots to justify dropping my trusty Pulse Cannon. But it is much more satisfying when I'm on my game with it.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Wallofman
    1155 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »

@Popo Tateo I seem to miss A LOT, or get a body shot that never takes the enemy out. It seems I then have to get a 2 shot kill afterwards. With a T-21B or pulse cannon I am accurate, but for some reason I am always off my mark with the cycler.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member

@Popo Tateo I seem to miss A LOT, or get a body shot that never takes the enemy out. It seems I then have to get a 2 shot kill afterwards. With a T-21B or pulse cannon I am accurate, but for some reason I am always off my mark with the cycler.

I know some people aim way to high when going for headshots. You only really need to aim an extra head height over the target to take them out. I would always recommend people stick with things they know they like. This game can get really frustrating sometimes when you're running with cards you don't know inside out. I use the cycler because the cooldown time is low, it is a ohk if they are close and it penetrates shields.
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    It's definitely harder to get a direct OHK with the Cycler than the Pulse Cannon or the Scatter Gun when in close quarters.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Wallofman
    1155 posts Member

I know some people aim way to high when going for headshots. You only really need to aim an extra head height over the target to take them out. I would always recommend people stick with things they know they like. This game can get really frustrating sometimes when you're running with cards you don't know inside out. I use the cycler because the cooldown time is low, it is a ohk if they are close and it penetrates shields.

I do not generally load it out, because of my issues, but I have been trying to practice with it. I like it's close quarters power, it's ability to burst the blue bubble, and its long range capabilities. Essentially it is like having the scatter gun that can shot long range. It is an item I would like to make a regular card.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    I'll have to try it again, I haven't really used it since I got the Scatter Gun.

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Wallofman wrote: »

Make sure to take long range shots from 1st person. The 3rd person view has a sight that will lie to you. Always switch to 1st for the long shots.
  • Jagelag
    189 posts Member
    if you havent done it already, i suggest you combine the cycler rifle with the stinger pistol. the stinger pistol is amazing a killing those guys you hit in the body. and if youre anything like me, you miss their head and hit their body 99.9% of the time lol

That's pretty brilliant for those still trying to grind out those Stinger Pistol kills to complete the Hutt Contract! Anyone think it's strange that the DLT-19X has the same drop-off mechanics as the Cycler Rifle? Shouldn't bolts of light shoot straight like all the other Blasters? I digress.
  • Jagelag wrote: »
    if you havent done it already, i suggest you combine the cycler rifle with the stinger pistol. the stinger pistol is amazing a killing those guys you hit in the body. and if youre anything like me, you miss their head and hit their body 99.9% of the time lol

That's pretty brilliant for those still trying to grind out those Stinger Pistol kills to complete the Hutt Contract! Anyone think it's strange that the DLT-19X has the same drop-off mechanics as the Cycler Rifle? Shouldn't bolts of light shoot straight like all the other Blasters? I digress.

It should have a higher velocity and no drop. It's a laser. 2 shot cooldown with lowered rate of fie would make it much better.
  • Always been one of my favorite Starcards. Dropped it in favor of the Scatter Gun when Outer Rim came out, but picked it back up again on Bespin. It's so satisfying to use and the sound is just heavenly.
    Here's one of my Cycler vids I did recently:

psn: Larzz
  • Always been one of my favorite Starcards. Dropped it in favor of the Scatter Gun when Outer Rim came out, but picked it back up again on Bespin. It's so satisfying to use and the sound is just heavenly.

Excellent video! Love it. Shows how much of a threat the cycler can be in the right hands.
  • Wallofman
    1155 posts Member
    Always been one of my favorite Starcards. Dropped it in favor of the Scatter Gun when Outer Rim came out, but picked it back up again on Bespin. It's so satisfying to use and the sound is just heavenly.

Ok, so you have inspired me to give it another chance. I am going to load up the cycler rifle tonight and practice with it. My question is how close in do you not need to aim high? I saw some cross map shots that looked like you were aiming two or three head length high. I think that is my biggest issue. When to adjut my sights.
    Always been one of my favorite Starcards. Dropped it in favor of the Scatter Gun when Outer Rim came out, but picked it back up again on Bespin. It's so satisfying to use and the sound is just heavenly.

Ok, so you have inspired me to give it another chance. I am going to load up the cycler rifle tonight and practice with it. My question is how close in do you not need to aim high? I saw some cross map shots that looked like you were aiming two or three head length high. I think that is my biggest issue. When to adjut my sights.

Just give it some practice. Go into a private match with someone who will be a good practice partner. You can both get good at the same time. Practice shooting each other at different distances. Soon it is like second nature.

The shot on 2.20 is a good example I think. It's a pretty sizable distance and I only aim one head length above. Shots with extreme long distance, like the one on Hoth in the video, need even higher aiming.
    Funny thing is, when the Cycler got buffed I was aiming way too high for a time, really had to get used to the increased bullet speed and lower drop off.

psn: Larzz