criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Anyone still using Explosive Shots charge card?

Fouad
76 posts Member
Hey guys,

Is anyone still using Explosive Shots after they nerf it? I was using it but not anymore, i think they just ruined a good card...blaster overheating quickly so there is not much use for it anymore IMO.

Using the Ion Shots charge card instead now, which I find very useful in quickly destroying turrets and droids, piercing shields and giving a little boost against the AT-ST. Using the Ion torpedo also, only getting a few kills using the Ion Shots and Ion torpedo, but at least I am happy being able to contribute and support my team

What do you think guys , and tell us what cards are you using :smile:

Replies

• PoPScotchXx
    720 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    If you use it with the CA-87 in close quarters it will destroy anything. Either its bucket heads or rebel scum. You will not believe how much it can kill with one shot.
  • I use it on HH, paired with the 280
  • Fouad
    76 posts Member
    I use it on HH, paired with the 280

Was using Explosive Shots with the T-21B targeting rifle, just in case someone gets close enough. With the T21B, it takes 2 shots to kill instead of 3. But the cool down after they nerf it is down by about 50%! ,just 4 shots with the T21B and it overheats
  • Znidy
    54 posts Member
    I use it in combo with E-11 and never mind the overheating. Just aim high up at the enemy and you'll see the results.

As for quickly taking out turrets and droids, Cycler Rifle is the MOST efficient card for that. Stopped using the Pulse Cannon after I found that trick out :D And it's a more skill based rifle than the Pulse Cannon :)
  • Fouad
    76 posts Member
    Znidy wrote: »
    I use it in combo with E-11 and never mind the overheating. Just aim high up at the enemy and you'll see the results.

As for quickly taking out turrets and droids, Cycler Rifle is the MOST efficient card for that. Stopped using the Pulse Cannon after I found that trick out :D And it's a more skill based rifle than the Pulse Cannon :)

Well then I'll have to give Explosive Shots another chance hehe
  • Whodunnit
    5549 posts Member
    I still use it in HvV because I didn't find a better charge card to this mode.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    I still use it in HvV because I didn't find a better charge card to this mode.

Yup,me too.
    I use it paired with the a280c or the dlt19.also been using cooling cell.so much fun unloading with it.
  • It now only works with the e11
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    Lots of tools are still using it in Blast and other infantry modes. Can't get kills otherwise.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • only guns i use it with is the a280c and the dlt, mabye the dh-17
  • I use it with CA-87 to shoot further
  • I use it with the DLT-19 all the time.
  • The funny thing is when you ES users pair it up with a DH17, get a kill and emote like you've really just beaten somebody in a one on one gun fight. You haven't. You used a crutch because you can't win those any other way. I'm not heated, I'm just stating a fact of the game.
  • I use it with CA-87 to shoot further

Yep. My new favorite gun too
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    The funny thing is when you ES users pair it up with a DH17, get a kill and emote like you've really just beaten somebody in a one on one gun fight. You haven't. You used a crutch because you can't win those any other way. I'm not heated, I'm just stating a fact of the game.

Yeah, you heated... lol
    My youtube channel Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield 4 etc gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF4zDYJfLp_rvcKzALVEXHA?view_as=subscriber
  • Fouad wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Is anyone still using Explosive Shots after they nerf it? I was using it but not anymore, i think they just ruined a good card...blaster overheating quickly so there is not much use for it anymore IMO.

Using the Ion Shots charge card instead now, which I find very useful in quickly destroying turrets and droids, piercing shields and giving a little boost against the AT-ST. Using the Ion torpedo also, only getting a few kills using the Ion Shots and Ion torpedo, but at least I am happy being able to contribute and support my team

What do you think guys , and tell us what cards are you using :smile:

yep
    -A convoluted signature

• Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    Nah, it's pointless now, nerf was too much, should be 25%. Or maybe 35-40% depending on gun not a percentage for all of them. Either way, bf1 coming soon!
    232 posts Member
    Sb2432 wrote: »
    Nah, it's pointless now, nerf was too much, should be 25%. Or maybe 35-40% depending on gun not a percentage for all of them. Either way, bf1 coming soon!

bf1 is the ****

232 posts Member
    the good kind
  • Sb2432 wrote: »

Still just as good.
  • No. Why would I use a weapon designed for wimps?
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • It was a weenie weapon for kids who couldn't win a straight fight
  • I've used it with the Relby to help give it more punch since it's hard to win 1v1 against almost any other blaster.
  • ORancisis
    2671 posts Member
    MikePesar wrote: »
    It was a weenie weapon for kids who couldn't win a straight fight

• Fouad
    76 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Well for people saying that the Explosive Shots are for players who can't win a straight fight, remember guys that this is a CHARGE card, so it is designed to give you extra support in attack, completely normal....just like the Personal Shield give you support in defense. I don't see anything wrong with using the Explosive Shots. Adrenalin stim is much stronger charge card.
  • Whodunnit
    5549 posts Member
    Fouad wrote: »
    Well for people saying that the Explosive Shots are for players who can't win a straight fight, remember guys that this is a CHARGE card, so it is designed to give you extra support in attack, completely normal....just like the Personal Shield give you support in defense. I don't see anything wrong with using the Explosive Shots. Adrenalin stim is much stronger charge card.

^^Agreed.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Fouad wrote: »

Agree..its like saying..."i only use cards that give me disadvantage" ! Of course everyone use cards that give them som advantage and suits their playing style.
  • Rok73
    583 posts Member
    It's been used much, much less recently. Bacta Bomb & Adrenaline Stim is the new ES.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    Rok73 wrote: »
    It's been used much, much less recently. Bacta Bomb & Adrenaline Stim is the new ES.

They haven't adjusted stim, I think that's always been fair since they nerfed it surviving force choke, but bacta would be okay if they took away invulnerability
  • While I hate to see things nerfed into uselessness, I am pleased to see the end of the domineering ES spam.
  • Rok73
    583 posts Member
    Sb2432 wrote: »
    Rok73 wrote: »

They haven't adjusted stim, I think that's always been fair since they nerfed it surviving force choke, but bacta would be okay if they took away invulnerability

Well, I hadn't been talking about the pros and cons of BB & AS, I just stated that IMO this is a combo which is used much more after the ES nerf. It sometimes ofc makes it harder to kill others instead of them praying & spraying. Both combos were/are used by weaker players IMHO. It makes up for their lack of precise aiming and achieving kills without this little help.
  • If you use it with the CA-87 in close quarters it will destroy anything. Either its bucket heads or rebel scum. You will not believe how much it can kill with one shot.

This ^^^
    Switched to this loadout last night during a game of Extraction in Jabbas Palace
    Bloody lethal!!
  • Still use it in H v V as well as HH.
  • It used to be my go to Star Card but recently I have been using Disruption.
  • Only in HvV. The bubble is more useful.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • It still works against AT-AT's soft underbelly, though you just have to manage the overheating. And for fending off that pesky chicken walker. :p Also good against heroes, but you have to wait until they turn their backs or are distracted by teammates so they don't kill you first. Combining it with Enfield shock blaster seems rather… unfair to me. ;->
  • Stalemate
    3600 posts Member
    It still works against AT-AT's soft underbelly, though you just have to manage the overheating. And for fending off that pesky chicken walker. :p Also good against heroes, but you have to wait until they turn their backs or are distracted by teammates so they don't kill you first. Combining it with Enfield shock blaster seems rather… unfair to me. ;->

I didn't think explosive shot made any difference against vehicles.