criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Darth Vader kills instead of player

BenSolo16
45 posts Member
edited July 2016
Platform: PS4
Issue: While playing Heroes vs Villains I was killed by someone playing as Vader and when it said who killed me it just said DARTH VADER. The next match I was on the imperials' side so I tried playing as him to see what would happen and I didn't get any kills as him.
Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: Possibly it occurred in more than one match
Details on how to reproduce the issue: Getting kills as Darth Vader in Heroes vs Villains

Edit: After reviewing some footage I took it appears that I did get one kill against infantry that I missed while playing but two of the heroes were not accounted for. So, it may only be hero kills that are not accounted for.

Replies

• Here's the footage I recorded (sorry about the commentary):
  • Xbox One, HvV

Vader and Luke's standard attack is dealing damage but not rewarding points or kills when used. You'll notice when someone is killed by a standard attack as it'll say "____ has been defeated" in yellow instead of crediting the kill. Additionally as a player you won't see any score registering for your attacks. As the victim of these attacks it simply says "Killed by Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader" with no player name or information.

I know it definitely happens vs other heroes, not sure if it happens against regular infantry.

Anyone else have this?
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Yeah noticed this.

How did this happen? :D
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Yeah noticed this.

I'm guessing when they tweaked the lightsabers to puncture through bacta bomb something broke somehow? Perhaps they gave it a new class/tag and in doing so they forgot to update a line of code which links the lightsaber to the user, so the damage happens but it doesn't know who did it? Without being in the dev team in their project I wouldn't know :tongue:

Do you know if it still gives you infantry kills?
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Yeah noticed this.

It does give infantry kills and gives points for using the abilities - force push/choke etc.
  • Mitchel1 wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    Yeah noticed this.

It does give infantry kills and gives points for using the abilities - force push/choke etc.

Hmm interesting. Odd that it's just with hero health. Yup the abilities are indeed fine!
  • Yeah I noticed this. Super annoying!
  • I noticed alot of heroe/villain kills in HvV showing up empty, just the yellow note of them being defeated, without awarding any score to anyone.
    232 posts Member
    luke also does this, it's very bizarre
  • It happens to me all the time when I kill a hero or villain in hero vs villains. It's very frustrating. Please fix the problem EA!