criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Darth Vader= worst hero in the game

Prev1
Vader needs another health buff to be viable this dude gets instantly melted when he goes up against a group of enemies his force choke needs to be instant death to a rebel and me needs a speed boost bad this phucker is slow my grandma can run faster than him. I would double his current health honestly because no one on these forums is ever going to convince me Vader is good and don't say you don't know how to use him to a 3.66 kd player

Replies

• Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    I've seen him wreak havoc in the right hands.
  • Play smart
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    I will say that u don't know how to play him and you're wrong about him being useless because by far, most useless character is Luke especially in WA as he can't damage walkers and at st can melt him lol, Vader's a beast, but I love fett too much so I never pick him unless it's moon of endor or supremacy in a cqc capture zone
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    I've never been much of a good lightsaber hero user myself, but I know Vader isn't weak as whenever you see him you know you most likely won't make it out of there alive.

He has a menacing vibe and hard hitting abilities to back it up. It just comes down to how well the player can bind those skills together effectively. It's not like Dengar where you have to rely on one thing to survive, with Vader it comes down to how smart you are, and not letting the large amount of health get the best of you.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • he is great
  • PoPScotchXx
    720 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    "Worst hero" they say.

post-28317-Darth-Vader-Baseball-gif-homer-sbtX.gif
  • Nope,you're the worst hero in the game.
    I hate to say it to ya...but ya just need to git gud.
    He's an absolute tank.He doesn't need anymore health.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    "Worst hero" they say.

post-28317-Darth-Vader-Baseball-gif-homer-sbtX.gif

You and that gif...lol I die every time I watch it tho xD
  • i disagree. as long as you block regularly and dont put yourself into a position to take on too many rebels at once, you can hold a territory better with vader than any other hero in the game imo.
  • I have no problem using Luke I average 35-50 kills using him but when I use Vader I barley get 15 kills I can use every hero on the empire effectively except Vader due to him being slow as a snail you can't get away once you run into a group of enemies I'm not one of those guys who just runs out in the open and dies within 30 seconds I try to play smart but Vader is complete dog s.h.i.t
  • I'm no bad player, but I cower in the face of Vader. No other villain can do that.
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • Really? Vader is amazing if you play him right. I can easily 50-0 HH with him.
  • Gingie wrote: »

This. I've seen some go down quickly (myself too, not enough practice) and some that just destroy.
  • I'd actually say Vader is the most stable and solid hero in the game. He has perfect health, and he's an absolute tank. I will take on any other hero one on one as infantry, I'm confident I stand a chance... But Vader.. Vader is death. I managed to actually take him down today on extraction using the stinger pistol. It was so beautiful.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Cool_Dog wrote: »
    I'd actually say Vader is the most stable and solid hero in the game. He has perfect health, and he's an absolute tank. I will take on any other hero one on one as infantry, I'm confident I stand a chance... But Vader.. Vader is death. I managed to actually take him down today on extraction using the stinger pistol. It was so beautiful.

Taking out heroes with the Stinger Pistol is always satisfying. Watching them die as they try to run to a safe place that doesn't exist.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Vader is my bread and butter.
  • DarthJ
    6333 posts Member
    Double his health OP?! :joy: do that and anyone picking him would last a full game and then some!

Hes excellent - don't go for more open maps, pick him dependent on the situation, ie. Indoor or close quarters. He can't be stopped then!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Trav007
    21 posts Member
    Nope! Lando is.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    quacks4max wrote: »
    Play smart

Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • moondynemc
    1979 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    BlackOut34 wrote: »
    I have no problem using Luke I average 35-50 kills using him but when I use Vader I barley get 15 kills I can use every hero on the empire effectively except Vader due to him being slow as a snail you can't get away once you run into a group of enemies I'm not one of those guys who just runs out in the open and dies within 30 seconds I try to play smart but Vader is complete dog s.h.i.t

You're not supposed to run away at the sight of a group of pathetic rebels when you're Vader. You block their shots while strafing, take down 1 or 2 and choke the breath from the last one. There's more, feel free to take some saber swings. You'll take some damage, but no hero/villain gets out with no damage from a 4-5 on 1 encounter.

Seriously though, Vader is not weak. Aside from Boba's Flamethrower and Lando's stacking critical abilities, I'd say the heroes and villains are more balanced than ever right now.
  • Gingie wrote: »

Spot on, someone was playing as him last night in a game of Extraction and he whooped our 4rses for a solid 5 minutes
  • Easily the most boring hero to play as.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    DarthSven wrote: »
    Gingie wrote: »

Spot on, someone was playing as him last night in a game of Extraction and he whooped our 4rses for a solid 5 minutes

On Jabba's Palace and SoroSuub Refinery he can be a game-changer if in the right hands. I've been in matches (on both sides) where Vader joins the match with 7-8 minutes left and the Imps end up winning because of Vader's ability to lock down choke points.

By far my favorite hero to play as in Extraction.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • grrlpurple
    1074 posts Member
    He is the worse in my hands for sure but I see so many people wreck with him. He is fine as he is.
  • thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I only paly Vader on the empire side. In my opinion he is the best balanced hero of all. The fact that he is not a long range hero doesn't make him worst of all. Pick him smart and play him smart. For instance don't run over an area without any protection like on Hoth outside or don't jump into the enemy spawn point. You won't do this with other as well.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • I have over 1k kills with him, he is not underpowered, in fact i'd say he is probably the best hero going.
  • Darth Vader is not weak hero! He has 1625 health. He is one of the best heroes in the game I think. You have to play smarter, or just do not play with Vader if you can't get kills with him.
  • leftweet wrote: »
    DarthSven wrote: »
    Gingie wrote: »

On Jabba's Palace and SoroSuub Refinery he can be a game-changer if in the right hands. I've been in matches (on both sides) where Vader joins the match with 7-8 minutes left and the Imps end up winning because of Vader's ability to lock down choke points.

By far my favorite hero to play as in Extraction.

Absolutely mate, it was the Jabba's Palace map that I played on last night, whoever was playing him knew exactly how to see out the game and win for the Imps

• GRDNANGL172
    5513 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    i disagree. as long as you block regularly and dont put yourself into a position to take on too many rebels at once, you can hold a territory better with vader than any other hero in the game imo.

THIS! Hold points with him. Don't try to wreck a group of rebels. He is a tank. Hold a room with him and he is EXCELLENT.
  • JamesP
    547 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    He's the best! when I'm playing empire and I see Vaders icon at a objective it gives me more confidence to attack than any other villain would, if I'm rebel he's the one I'm the most scared of, I'm better playing the emperor myself though but I'd rather Fight alongside Vader
  • Jendoon
    698 posts Member
    You need more training with him if you think he is not powerful.
  • Never use the choke when multiple enemies are present. When that is the case, block. Saber throw when it runs out. You should never put yourself up against too many opponents in an open area with him. If you're in that situation where you are surrounded you have made a mistake.
  • Quizolio
    3221 posts Member
    Vader is one of the best. He's my go to hero. If you play smart and use your abilities to your advantage, Vader can be a serious threat.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • For a minute, I thought this was a serious post. Good joke, Vader being worst. I mean, that is comedy gold right there.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    Quizolio wrote: »
    Vader is one of the best. He's my go to hero. If you play smart and use your abilities to your advantage, Vader can be a serious threat.

Exactly, he has the health and the hard hitting abilities. That lightsaber throw is nasty!
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Darth Vader is also a jerry rigged abomination that's more robot that man. He doesn't have real legs.

Your grandmother moves faster than he does for a reason.

Saber throw is my most favorite ability of all the heroes too. Nothings better than humming that puppy into the final room of sabotage on Bespin. 3-4 kills every single time I throw it.

If you are running after people with Vader, you are Vadering wrong.
  • You= The worst player in the game

Learn how to play instead shouting for buff. You are probably one of pre-nerf homing shot users and never learned how to play. :D
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Easily the most boring hero to play as.

The most boring hero is definitely nunb
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Easily the most boring hero to play as.

The most boring hero is definitely nunb

How could say that about Nunb?! He's easily the best choice for the heroes!
  • You= The worst player in the game

Learn how to play instead shouting for buff. You are probably one of pre-nerf homing shot users and never learned how to play. :D

Lol I never used the homing shot I don't stoop to that level but nice try though
  • He's ******* cool
    LaurenMayFawn
  • Never use the choke when multiple enemies are present. When that is the case, block. Saber throw when it runs out. You should never put yourself up against too many opponents in an open area with him. If you're in that situation where you are surrounded you have made a mistake.

yep. that is lukes territory. the only thing luke and vader have in common in this game is that they have a lightsaber. other than that, they play entirely different from each other. to me it seems many people feel they should play the same and get frustrated when they get dusted as vader in an area where luke would shine. that leads to threads saying vader is trash even though he is quite possibly the best villain in a large number of scenarios. i very much agree with you. everyone should abide by your rule to never use a force choke when 8 dudes are shooting at you. the animation leaves you exposed while the other 7 guys melt your ignorant face haha
    232 posts Member
    vader isn't a tank, he's a forkin landship
  • can anybody post any current vids on how to use vader? I want to "Git Gud"

Im not afraid to say I absolutely Blow using him. which sucks cause Vader is one of my favorites to play.
    Men lie, women lie, Numbers dont
    No%20Hero%20Pick%20ups_zpslyvl9npw.jpg
    anti hero pick up.
  • I wouldn't call the most intimidating hero in the game the worst. I don't know how many times I've darted out of a room full of teammates when Vader is just around the corner. Is he hard to play? Absolutely. I've played the game for a long time but have yet to hold my own as Vader. In the right hands though the man is terrifying.
  • I only paly Vader on the empire side. In my opinion he is the best balanced hero of all. The fact that he is not a long range hero doesn't make him worst of all. Pick him smart and play him smart. For instance don't run over an area without any protection like on Hoth outside or don't jump into the enemy spawn point. You won't do this with other as well.

You can play vader on the rebel side??? Mishw
  • Wrong, Vader is actually one of the most powerful in fact.
  • thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Wrong, Vader is actually one of the most powerful in fact.
    No, he is the best balanced hero in the game. No changes need to be done for him. All other heroes should be balanced like him ;) The Dice dev who made the changes did a great job.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    BlackOut34 wrote: »
    Vader needs another health buff to be viable this dude gets instantly melted when he goes up against a group of enemies his force choke needs to be instant death to a rebel and me needs a speed boost bad this phucker is slow my grandma can run faster than him. I would double his current health honestly because no one on these forums is ever going to convince me Vader is good and don't say you don't know how to use him to a 3.66 kd player

you simply don't know how to play as vader, I can handle a group fine, learn how to use him
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    OP you must be that guy who saber swings when 6 ennemies are in front of you shooting at you :joy:
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.