criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Crackling/popping/static sound

Replies

• No problems during beta, but now I have sound issues constantly. Not that many games played normally..

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T ~ 3.2 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD7950
  • Same here, i play a few rounds with complet sound, and than only the menu sounds work and the gamesounds does not work. i have to restart to fix the soundbug.

FX 8350
    HD 7970
    Asus Xonar (GS deaktivated oder aktivated dont matter)

regards

Pasknalli
  • Same here. AMD R9 280x & FX 8350. After a few matches, sound disappears. Sometimes restart doesn't fix it (or by coincidence bug returns with 1st match). Probably every 2-5 matches.
  • same
    amd r9 280
    fx 8350
    16gb ram
  • Im also an AMD/r9 user, this probably wont work for everyone but who has raptr, just turn it off, this is the only solution worked for me.
  • same here. r9 270x
  • ProfessorShroom
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Platform: PC

Issue: When I start up the game I get this weird sound acceleration/skipping as seen here in a video I uploaded.

Can you reproduce this issue 100% of the time: No.

Region: EU.

Screenshots or Private video links:

Processor (CPU): Intel Core i7 3770k

Graphics Card (GPU): Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition

Memory: 24GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
  • TM_MAGIC
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Btw nice computer. And the sound is happening to my bro too, and other people are chatting about it.
  • Is there any fixes yet? I've seen a few posts but no fixes so far.
  • All above mentioned was not working for me but I found also a solution for the sound problems.

In Windows 10 in the default Folder "C:\Users\"username"\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront\settings" is the file "ProfileOptions_profile"

There is a small difference in the lines between the Current version and the BETA version.
    In the current version you have the line: GstAudio.Stereo 1
    amd in the beta version it is: GstAudio.Stereo 0

I changed the value, using notepad++, to 0 in the current running version and it looks like all problems are solved.
    I played now several round without any problems

I hope this will also solve your problem.
  • frankel1414
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Seems to be a lot of FX chips. I also have a FX6300 as well as a 7850.
  • The sound starts after a few matches on to croak....plz fix.....it's terrible.
  • same problems.

FPS Laggs at start+no sound (blaster sounds etc)

AMD FX 6300
    Radeon r9 280x

nice that EA cant even respond to atleast one or give clarification about what is going on.
  • I can play one game with audio being completely fine, but when I get to the next game, I can only hear music and when an orbital strike comes in I can here the whoosh that it makes before it touches ground, but none of the explosions. Can't hear blaster sounds or anything else, only music. Hope they fix this soon.
  • Warborg_Omega
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Happens to me as well, randomly and just once in a while. Will get the static/crackling sound and a stutter at the same time and usually lasts a couple seconds and then everything is fine... AMD FX 8350 CPU, EVGA 970 GTX, MSI Gaming 970 mobo (w/Soundblaster Home Cinema 2 onboard), and 8GB Ripjaws 2133 RAM.
  • Hruo wrote: »
    Can I assume everyone having this problem has an AMD and not Nvidia?

Nvidia here. 2x GTX 980ti - SLI.

nVidia GPU, but what about your CPU?
  • Can't believe i played this game in beta and it played like a dream, what on earth did they do to it since then. sound constantly crackling, display constantly flickering in menus, game crashing on launch of missions, intermittent crossfire support. these are the problems i should have been having whilst testing it not now it's live, WFT are these Devs on and what makes them think they can charge money for it in this state.

on startup sound crackles and sound's hideous from the word go inc' loosing all sound effects mid game on occasion.

if i choose to run full screen with crossfire enabled on my pc i get a black fog of war about 50mtr ahead of me rendering the game pointless as you can't see a thing.

if i choose to play borderless window it does use both cards (altough i expect it shouldn't in windowed mode) and runs reasonably smoothly but still has sound issues and poor ish frame rate

If i use the AMD beta drivers specifically suggested as having fixed the performace issues with this game i have more issues than if i use the standard drivers or older drivers.

maybe i can get into a mission 2 out of 5 times the other 3 it just crashes during loading back to desktop.

I have uninstalled origin and re-installed, i have updated the game, removed it, re-installed it , checked it for errors, nothing i do makes this game run properly.

why has it been released as a chargeable game if it doesn't even work yet, hurry up with a god damn patch...
    and remember whilst making the patch that lots of people do have more than one GPU these days and people also use AMD cpu's aswell (as most game devs seem to forget this)..

Please make it work properly i really need to play this game :smile:

fx9370
    16gb corsair vengeance pro
    V-formula Z
    2x HD7950
    sound blaster ZX
    rm1000
  • I have an AMD chip, but not an FX series. I also have this issue. It seems to be something with AMD anything in the system. I hope it gets fixed soon, because playing without sound and with the terrible round start lag is making this game very un-starwarsy and un-iconic.
  • The control panel fix doesnt fix for me. so EA wake up
  • i agree, much more stable in Beta. though they stil have the dumb start of match stuttering which shouldve been fixed in beta but nope. hey lets break it more
  • mogami76 wrote: »
    Game seems to have more bugs then a roach motel. Very sad to see DICE's Name on it. This is gonna ruin their Reputation. I would have never signed off on a broken release just to meet a deadline. All that is, is flat out lying. I have tried to replace video drivers (Release and Beta), Replace Sound Drivers, Tried all the disable and enable fixes posted in the forums to no avail. This is a severe game issue. The problem did not exist in Open beta. We need the code fixed asap. As much as I love star wars I am about op dump this game and go play something else. Can not wait for Star Citizen to drop.

System Specs:
    Windows 10 Pro: All current patches installed.
    Asrock Fatal1ty MB (1.5 Bios)
    AMD FX 8350
    32GB G-Skill Ram
    Duall 512SSD
    XFX R9-295 8GB video card (AMD 15.11.1 Beta Driver) (Issue happens with non beta as well)

Soundblaster ZX Pro Studio Audio (SBZ_CD_L13_1_01_03.exe Driver Rel: Aug 3rd 2015)
    Because Dice`s name is on this game explains all the bugs!!! They arnt very good game makers anymore,same bugs were in Battlefield 3 & 4

• FuhrerGrifter
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Hi!! i have sound bug like the other ppl but i cant reply coz ur racist!
    Nice i cant doa new one, oke, i have no sound, static sound and have to close the game then reopenned again.
    But i dont Care i love this game!!!
  • **************FIX******************
    Go to your Documents folder: "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents"
    Open the "STAR WARS Battlefront" folder within
    Open the "settings" folder
    Open "ProfileOptions_profile" in Notepad
    Use Ctrl + F to find "0GstAudio.SoundSystem"
    Change the zero at the beginning to a 4 like so "4GstAudio.SoundSystem"
    Save the file
    Launch the game
  • Game launched a week ago and there is still nothing happening. Not even some kind of hotfix/balancing. Nothing. I really feel betrayed. Why did i even buy the seasonpass -_-

Spending that much money on a company releasing such a broken game. There isnt even someone answering and telling that they work very hard on the issues... nothing! Not even that.
    It feels like beeing robbed.
  • I have the same problem but its when the 1st match is starting i can hear only music and nothing else and stays off even after 4-5 games and after trying to restart.

I can hear the sound perfectly when playing missons which is weird it only effects online.
  • I have repeatedly experienced this bug and have tried the recommended fixes. Sometimes restarting works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the sounds are completely gone, sometimes the music remains and sometimes the sounds are all there but fuzzy. I have an AMD chipset and radeon card.
  • Hruo wrote: »
    Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks

Yup :(

• **************FIX******************
    Go to your Documents folder: "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents"
    Open the "STAR WARS Battlefront" folder within
    Open the "settings" folder
    Open "ProfileOptions_profile" in Notepad
    Use Ctrl + F to find "0GstAudio.SoundSystem"
    Change the zero at the beginning to a 4 like so "4GstAudio.SoundSystem"
    Save the file
    Launch the game

That's not a confirmed fix. It's the same thing they did for Battlefield 4 but in another forum a lot people said that this doesn't work. It was still coming back. Comes back for me too even after I did that.
  • I have been playing this game for four days now. I have checked every forum possible for a fix with my volume and nothing is working what the heck is going on i have all the new drivers. How am I supposed to fix the problem?
  • I was trying that fix out, but it came back again for me to.
    CyberpowerPC Core i7 6900k / 3.2 GHz, Ram 32GB, SSD 500 GB, HDD 3 TB, GTX 1080 8 GB, WINDOWS 10.0 64BIT
  • I have this problem as well and I think I found a way to fix it, since I just played 7 hours without the sound going away.
    1. Right click on the Speaker icon in your task bar and select "Playback Devices".
    2. From there, double click on the device your sound comes out (headphones, speakers, TV, monitor, etc.)
    3. Switch to the Enhancements tab and add a check box on the Disable all enhancements
    4. Hit OK, then OK again on the next window, and switch to your Battlefront

For the sake of clarity, I am an AMD user too. Here is what I use:

AMD FX 8350 Black edition
    AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
    SSD + 16 GB DDR3 RAM + 100 Mbit Internet connection
  • I've tried many "fixs" and still getting no sound besides music in game. I know its only been 5 days but you think they'd let us know they are working on it or something. haven't heard anything. They need to add a patch fix asap before everyone refunds the game and community dies.
  • Same Problem - Beta was fine, this release is SHI.T - Bug was infrequent, could play a few games with the sound effects, then the sound would phase out in some games.. now I can't get sound effects to work, tried every fu.cking fix, wasted 5+ hours, thanks you dickheads releasing a game b4 its ready, I appreciate it. when it loads the map, you can hear it turn static and fade.. the game music is in there and the menu makes sound scrolling over it, but there are absolutely no sound effects in the game, it FU.CKING SUCKS DICE YOU PIECE of SHI.T MAKE ME PRE-ORDER THIS **** SHI.T FOR $120 AND I CAN'T EVEN FUC.KING PLAY IT.
  • AMD FX-8350
    AMD HD 7990
    16 GB
    SUCK MY ****.K DICE
  • Now i am having problems with the connection -.- I always have "Very bad connection" and i cant play.
  • Same issue for me.
    i have a amd fx 8350 with a r9 270x, my friend with a amd fx 8350 with a gtx 950 and i have the problem, he doesn't.
    Not.happy.jan!
  • I hear ya man...........is there anyone reading this forum? and if so, why the hell arent they saying anything?.......................Please tell us you're aware of the problem and are working on it for the next fix FFS...............Soon please or i will also be getting a refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • As mentioned in some of the other posts there is a major bug within the game which pretty much makes it unplayable. During game play the environmental sound stops (gun fire etc). It is a completely intermittent issue, on various maps it will just stop for no reason. My brother who, apart from an AMD processor is running a different spec PC is also encountering the same issue. Luckily for myself and him we were within the 72 hour refund window, which is a shame because apart this issue we had great fun.
    Platform: PC
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
    Graphics Card (GPU): AMD Radeon R9 380
    Memory: 8GB
    Operating System: Windows 10
  • Yup. seems this game wasnt made for anything AMD. My A10 goes about 90% lowest during game play but at the beginning its stuttering at 100%. And god forbid you get a Radeon Graphics card. Plays on the other junker here just fine with an i5 and Geforce. But this thing runs circles around that one except for this game. Im guessing it was optimized for Intel and Nvidea only. Sad!
  • HighELF
    11 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Same problem here. Although more common is the Sound of blasters and all explosion/character effects not working at all. Has become quite frequent and happens on most map changes or rounds ending (background music still plays throughout).

AMD GPU (R9 290) and CPU (FX-8320)

Also have an internal soundcard Creative Soundblaster Z.

Just Grabbed the latest 15.11.1 AMD drivers and doesn't seem to fix it either.

Tried disabling a few audio devices in playback etc as suggested online but i think the problem is a little deeper.

Hopefully this information helps some more knowledgeable people on the topic and it can be fixed soon
  • fletcher
    11 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Hruo wrote: »
    I keep getting this annoying crackling sound.
    It sometimes occurs right from the start, at the logos on startup and in menu. Other times it takes a few minutes of gameplay before appearing. I have tried restarting the game several times, fixed with audio settings and repaired the game but it keeps coming back. I'm using the Logitech G633 headset and it works perfectly fine in other games.

Any suggestions? Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks

Can you check your CPU usage when this happens? I have trhe same problem but my CPU usage raises up to 100% when the crackling appears.

EDIT:
    And seriously: What the **** is wrong with this forum?! Took me 20minutes to send this reply. "You don't have permission to do that." This Battlefront **** annoys me big time! And no reponse from EA whatsoever. In no single **** thread! ****!
  • Hruo
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Can I assume everyone having this problem has an AMD and not Nvidia?

Nvidia here. 2x GTX 980ti - SLI.

nVidia GPU, but what about your CPU?

-
    Intel i7 6700k
    -

fletcher wrote: »
    I keep getting this annoying crackling sound.
    It sometimes occurs right from the start, at the logos on startup and in menu. Other times it takes a few minutes of gameplay before appearing. I have tried restarting the game several times, fixed with audio settings and repaired the game but it keeps coming back. I'm using the Logitech G633 headset and it works perfectly fine in other games.

Any suggestions? Anyone else having the same problem?

Thanks

Can you check your CPU usage when this happens? I have trhe same problem but my CPU usage raises up to 100% when the crackling appears.

I just played for about 30 min and then checked nzxt's CAM (pc monitoring), my cpu never reached above 80% load. The crackling sound was there at startup, in menu and start of a game. It disappeared after about 5-10 min gameplay.

EDIT: I also have problems posting on this fourm. Keep getting "You don't have permission to do that."-message. I have to refresh the page a few times to get rid of it.
    Post edited by Hruo on
  • SpiralForces
    11 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    xPh03n1x wrote: »
    I have this problem as well and I think I found a way to fix it, since I just played 7 hours without the sound going away.
    1. Right click on the Speaker icon in your task bar and select "Playback Devices".
    2. From there, double click on the device your sound comes out (headphones, speakers, TV, monitor, etc.)
    3. Switch to the Enhancements tab and add a check box on the Disable all enhancements
    4. Hit OK, then OK again on the next window, and switch to your Battlefront

I'll give a try and let you know if it helped.

EDIT:
    No go, tried with all disable, still have the problem.
  • Wable
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Same problem here, sound fx disapears...

AMD FX8320
    AMD R9 285
    8Go RAM
  • Icue
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    Same problem...

- AMD FX8350

- AMD R9 270X (Actual Catalyst version: 15.7.1) The version 15.11.1 Beta doesn't fixed it

- 8 GB RAM

- Windows 7 64-bit
  • ex_
    57 posts Member
    Same cracling issue. I have one of the best sound cards available, and it is fine in every other game. Asus Essence STX. Have only tried 5.1 in post-release, but I remember Stereo was better in the beta. I assumed that no respectable company would release a game with the audio this bad. Thought it was just the music, but the game still has crackle (and not the good kind).

Clock is ticking on my full refund, and if I do not see a good respojnse from Dice/EA about this and other issues, like giving us more content for free and only charging DLC for things that are and rightly should be considered "extras", I will be getting that refund.

This isn't battlefront, not even close. Dice put out that announcement video back when E3 was taking place, which said "there is no try". You taint the mighty words of Yoda, and it seems you did not even try, let along "git r done".
  • Same intermittent crackling issue, and occasional sound speed up if my soundcard output is set above 44.1KHz or 48KHz. This really should've been fixed since the beta. Really kills the atmosphere and immersion.
  • Processor (CPU): Intel i5 4460 3.2Ghz
    Graphics Card (GPU): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
    Memory: 16GB
    Operating System: Windows 7 home premium

I would like to know if there is any progress towards these very much annoying bugs. Ive been searching and havent found any official statement from EA or DICE on this. They do not even reply to customer support.

Does the community know anything more?
  • EA just says : 'Too late, we already got the money".
  • Osai
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2015
    I have the exact same issue.
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6-1090T 3.2ghz
    Graphics Card (GPU): AMD R9 380
    Memory: 8GB
    Operating System: Windows 10