criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Who is excited for "No Man's Sky"?

Prev1
Jaywal
2856 posts Member
I am!

Downloading right now! 2mins left!
May the force be with you.

Replies

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    It looks awesome! Can't wait to get it
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • LoganTNZ
    1243 posts Member
    What's no man's sky?
    Rest in Peace, Kenny Baker

- Lord of the Hues
  • Linge1416
    1507 posts Member
    LoganTNZ wrote: »
    What's no man's sky?
    A space sandbox game that has probably years worth of gameplay.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • LoganTNZ
    1243 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Linge1416 wrote: »
    LoganTNZ wrote: »
    What's no man's sky?
    A space sandbox game that has probably years worth of gameplay.

Damm. Looks awesome

- Lord of the Hues
  • Alan_Ackbar
    3062 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Been looking forward to it for ages, sadly it comes to tomorrow in the UK. You jammy Americans!

Edit: jammy means lucky
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • It's supposed to be coming in the mail for me. Just waiting for it to show up. :#
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Just got off it, a lot more survival orientated than i thought it would be
  • Just got off it, a lot more survival orientated than i thought it would be

I had so many times today where I thought I was going to die.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I was excited... until I read the reviews.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I love it. Very addicting. And quite a smart game. Very fun.
  • Is it just me or are the graphics awful? I love the game but the graphics and frame rate for me are just really bad to the eyes. I see big streamers playing but they look like they're playing an entirely different looking game. I know I should have waited for the PC edition since that one is 60 fps compared to the PS4's 30 but I was so excited.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Jaywal wrote: »

I have no idea what i'm doing, but i'm having fun and I want to keep playing. I don't think i've ever had something like that happen before.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member

I have no idea what i'm doing, but i'm having fun and I want to keep playing. I don't think i've ever had something like that happen before.

Lol! That sums it up perfectly.
  • I ran around for hours last night just scanning flora and fauna and learning alien words. What is this game? Its awesome haha. Took me a good minute to understand what I was doing, but I love the survival mixed with exploration, makes sense to me. Plus I'm assuming we get upgrades for our suits and stuff so we don't have to recharge as often and what not. Plus inventory slots. I need inventory slots. All and all I love it. Although I may not be on BF for a month or 2 now. :/
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • JamesP
    547 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Not sure I might get it, looks good and unique but have a feeling it another one of those games everyone says is great, I buy it and think hang on this is actually sh11t (hello minecraft) in other words emperors new clothes
  • I'm curious, how big is the installed file size for NMS if you buy the disc version? Is it like 50 GB? PS4. Thanks. So far the reviews here make me want to play it.
    "Rise."
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    I'm curious, how big is the installed file size for NMS if you buy the disc version? Is it like 50 GB? PS4. Thanks. So far the reviews here make me want to play it.

3.67gb believe it or not.

Again, personally I love it. But don't expect it to be a fast paced multiplayer game.

It's like Star Trek, yet you are on your own. So far it's a lot of fun :-)
  • To those playing it I know that it is rare to find another player, but is there a completely offline mode for when your Internet is bad?
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    To those playing it I know that it is rare to find another player, but is there a completely offline mode for when your Internet is bad?
    Actually while I was playing, my internet went out. (Didn't realized until I looked at my phone). The gameplay was not affected at all. I just kept exploring. ^_^

@Linge1416
  • JamesP
    547 posts Member
    can you kill the other player?
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    JamesP wrote: »

I have yet to come across another player.
    Honestly I belive the odds of coming across another player are less likely then no scope OHKilling darth Vader from across the map with the cycler rifle while riding on an At-ST on sullest.
  • Jaywal wrote: »
    To those playing it I know that it is rare to find another player, but is there a completely offline mode for when your Internet is bad?
    Actually while I was playing, my internet went out. (Didn't realized until I looked at my phone). The gameplay was not affected at all. I just kept exploring. ^_^

@Linge1416
    Thanks for answering, it makes me want to get the game a lot more.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Well, you can switch cycler rifle with Lando's power blast lel
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • Proniq7777 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the graphics awful? I love the game but the graphics and frame rate for me are just really bad to the eyes. I see big streamers playing but they look like they're playing an entirely different looking game. I know I should have waited for the PC edition since that one is 60 fps compared to the PS4's 30 but I was so excited.

I haven't played it yet, (that's UK delivery times for you) but from what Ive seen I'm a huge fan of the art style.

giphy.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Proniq7777 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the graphics awful? I love the game but the graphics and frame rate for me are just really bad to the eyes. I see big streamers playing but they look like they're playing an entirely different looking game. I know I should have waited for the PC edition since that one is 60 fps compared to the PS4's 30 but I was so excited.

I haven't played it yet, (that's UK delivery times for you) but from what Ive seen I'm a huge fan of the art style.

Obviously not as good as Battlefront's graphics, but still pleasing graphics

Honestly I belive the odds of coming across another player are less likely then no scope OHKilling darth Vader from across the map with the cycler rifle while riding on an At-ST on sullest.

Today I came across a system named by someone else.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Just curious, how strong is the name filter?

giphy.gif
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member

Yea for sure! The odds of seeing other peoples discoveries are not as rare. But actually seeing another person is rare.
    Just curious, how strong is the name filter?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

I heard one of the devs say there was a strong filter for what you can name things. I'm just curious as to whether or not it's ridiculously strong or it just filters out all the childish things your standard 4chan user would name them.

giphy.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Harambe would want this game. #GorillaLivesMatter
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member

What do you mean?

I heard one of the devs say there was a strong filter for what you can name things. I'm just curious as to whether or not it's ridiculously strong or it just filters out all the childish things your standard 4chan user would name them.

Ahhhh.. I'm not sure. I haven't been really experimental In that regard.
  • Two people have already met, but they couldn't see each other, hence why you can pause the game
  • Two people have already met, but they couldn't see each other, hence why you can pause the game

I thought it was just because so many people were playing the game and it would be fixed?

giphy.gif

Yea for sure! The odds of seeing other peoples discoveries are not as rare. But actually seeing another person is rare.

I read an article that said two players found each other, but couldn't actually see each other when they met up.

http://www.gamesradar.com/two-no-mans-sky-players-just-reached-the-same-place-but-they-cant-see-each-other/

• It's not worth $60. $60 makes it an EA game

- Lord of the Hues

What do you mean?

Based on a video on IGN, you can't name things with "bag" at the end.

Ex: Dirtbag, Slimebag.

ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member

What do you mean?

Based on a video on IGN, you can't name things with "bag" at the end.

Ex: Dirtbag, Slimebag.

Looooooool
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    I've been MIA on the web lately and haven't seen any reviews or anything yet. Is the game good?
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    DaBeast wrote: »
    I've been MIA on the web lately and haven't seen any reviews or anything yet. Is the game good?

It's a very niche game. So if you like this sort of thing, you'll love the game.

The ONLY thing so far that I dislike is the fact that the sprint button is the same as the Melee button for battlefront. Lol it gets crazy when I switch back to battlefront.
  • Ctown
    859 posts Member
    Well I know it won't have as many bugs as this game. However no man's sky lacks multiplayer
  • Lonnisity
    1965 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    You jammy Americans!

Edit: jammy means lucky

I love you.

I think it looks super cool, but I've heard it's got a couple weird little quirks. Nothing that would keep me from buying it though, if I had enough money to buy whatever game at will lol.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Alan_Ackbar
    3062 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I really enjoy it! I've spent at least 2 hours today looking around for monoliths.

giphy.gif
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    I really enjoy it! I've spent at least 2 hours today looking around for monoliths.

Nice! I've found a planet I really really like.. And I have stayed here trying to discover all the species.

Question..

Does anyone know if previous suit upgrades become redundant with a higher level upgrade?
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    I've heard that some people are calling it a mix of Dark Souls, GTA, and Minecraft... With is an odd mix of games lol
  • DaBeast wrote: »
    I've heard that some people are calling it a mix of Dark Souls, GTA, and Minecraft... With is an odd mix of games lol
    Dark souls lol w-t-h that's a weird one.

• Proniq7777 wrote: »

Same with GTA. Basically what we're looking at is Space Minecraft lol.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Proniq7777 wrote: »
    What is dark souls? lol
  • DarthGalidus
    701 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    WARNING* If you purchase a new ship while in your first system, after already using the antimatter in your previous ship, you will be left in a predicament.

Didn't feel ready to continue the tutorial missions and travel to a new system yet, but I already used the antimatter given to me to create the warp cell, and used the warp cell to charge my hyperdrive. I wanted a new ship first so I saved up the units and purchased one. Well the hyperdrive in the new ship isn't charged and I don't think there is any sure fire or easy way to obtain new antimatter.

A solution online says I may get the opportunity to purchase one from a vendor visiting the station, but its no guarantee. Until I find more antimatter I'm stranded in my first system. Didn't want anyone else to end up in the situation.

• Apparently none of the planets have any civilizations, despite having technology and buildings. The NPC's do nothing and the combat is boring.
  • Jendoon wrote: »
    Apparently none of the planets have any civilizations, despite having technology and buildings. The NPC's do nothing and the combat is boring.

The combat being boring as of now wouldn't bother me since that's not really what I was looking for anyways. But the idea that there are no civilizations is really a bummer. I hope its not true but given the style of the game and the way it generates that just might be the case. I could see it. That would take a lot of the joy out of it for me. How are they gonna have space stations and technology but no civilization? Who built all the stuff then? where are the ordinary citizens. I would even accept a abandoned city somewhere just to show that there at least was a civilization. We shall see. I'm not gonna let it ruin my fun just yet.
This discussion has been closed.