criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Walker Assault WAY too hard now

Prev1
avmav
533 posts Member
Walker Assault maps with 2 AT ATs are nearly impossible as rebels.
Pretty much every round I play, even with getting a fair amount of uplinks up in first two rounds the Walkers have about 50-70 energy left each for the final round. And there's no way you're gonna drop one of them with one round left, so you're just relying on the A-47s to take them down, which makes the whole previous 25 minutes of attacking them rather pointless. Might as well just do nothing until the last round.
It's disapointing as WA is my favourite mode, but it's just tiring now. They had the balance perfect before the last buff in my opinion.
I'm not sure why the AT ATs need to be so damn tough. As long as the Imperials are doing their jobs keeping the uplinks offline, the rebels won't have much chance to attack the AT ATs.

I hope they can be put back to patch before as that was near perfect.

What do you guys think, experiences been?

Replies

• avmav
    533 posts Member
    that's odd, as every game I've played ends with AT ATs on around 50-70 energy left on last round.
    I always switch to Ion Torpedo and Plasma Rifle too to do as much damage as possible.
    Haven't seen a walker downed on first uplink since game first come out
  • avmav
    533 posts Member
    Do you play on PC? I play on PS4, just that I know people have been hacking the PC version
  • I think it all comes down to players not using the right tools to take down AT-ATs. Some games I find myself the ONLY one with an ion weapons load out...
    Stormtroopers... keep your helmet on. ;)
  • The air speeders are too easily destroyed now.
  • Yeah alot of players aren't ready to attack the atat when ounces time. It is important to watch the timer to know when you should find a good place to attract while hidden. It troubles me to see rebels wasting blaster canons as they do the most damage to atat in the game. If you do t have a canon or ion weapons on you then find a teammate who does and protect them while they do the damage. Team work is key. If at the end of the match you know the atat have touch health then just attack the imps trying to shoot your speeders because the speeders are the only chance you will have to bring down atat with alot of health.
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    It boils down to you and your team and how they perform. If they are k/d characters and not PTO guys then game over. If you are the only one carry ion (not just shot) then game over. If your T47 speeder pilots are not doing their job then game over.

Most games I play the at-st hardly gets touched. I put this down to a combination of the above. There are also games that the at-st's are taken down (usually 1 by fire power & one by speeder) at the end but never have I seen both taken down before the last stage. If this happens then it, IMO, it is the team you play with.
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • Very important for rebels to destroy the atsts first on the last bombing run as they can really wreak havoc on the air speeders trying to bring down the atats
  • walker health is different for each map, so the difficulty you experience will change from map to map.
  • I like that is difficult for the rebels seeing as they are going up against two atats not to mention atsts and tie fighters. That makes it feel even better bringing down those atats with a bunch of randoms without mic communication. Especially on twilight on hoth!
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Have you tried the Missions™?
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • It often depends on how many people are playing as a team and going for the objectives. There are things you can do on all of the maps as imps to finish with virtually full AT-AT health, and likewise as rebels take the walkers down on the 2nd uplinks. Some maps are harder than others, but it is doable on all of them. I haven't seen the walkers taken down on the 1st uplinks since the terrain got amended slightly, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.
  • Why to bother play WA? It's obviously favor empire. 2 AT-ST and TIEs makes it really hard for rebels.
    Need a buddy? Check Buddy List.
  • WA on Endor is impossible as rebels
  • Massman_58 wrote: »
    WA on Endor is impossible as rebels

WA on Twilight on Hoth is impossible. Endor is pretty bearable.
  • What would be the correct loadout for a rebel soldier in WA?
    Cheers
  • EmmaFett10304
    2498 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Massman_58 wrote: »
    WA on Endor is impossible as rebels

No it is quite possible if rebels chose to defend the outdoor uplink on the first set and used the hill to attack the Walker. Twilight on hoth is near impossible. Rebels must control the air to have any shot at all and all chicken walkers must be dealt with or the speeders have no shot to bring down walkers
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    KliFace wrote: »
    I think it all comes down to players not using the right tools to take down AT-ATs. Some games I find myself the ONLY one with an ion weapons load out...

When I'm a rebel, one loadout is all Ion weapons
  • DarthSven wrote: »
    What would be the correct loadout for a rebel soldier in WA?
    Cheers

Ion torpedo or ion grenade is a must have. Ion shot is pretty useless against AT-ST and AT-AT but can save a day but it's more useful against air and turbolasers on Sullust. Ion neutralizer do some damage to AT-AT too (tho I rarely see someone use it). For other card I use Jump pack or grenade.
    Cheers

Just use and all ion loadout for your second hand and when the bombing runs come just restart "if you don't mind taking a death" and switch over to your ion hand. When you restart it usually puts you towards the back where you will have a clear shooting path. The most important weapon against the walkers isn't a weapon it's a power up. If you pick up a blaster canon save it for the bombing run as it does by far the most damage. I repeat BLASTER CANONS ARE GOLD! Save them and never waste them
    Cheers

Also, people that play as rebels either don't know or forget to shoot at the weak spot on the walkers (the tube on the belly between the legs). I believe it inflicts double damage?
  • Yakuza17 wrote: »
    DarthSven wrote: »
    Cheers

Also, people that play as rebels either don't know or forget to shoot at the weak spot on the walkers (the tube on the belly between the legs). I believe it inflicts double damage?

Yep, you're right. Too bad it's impossible to aim ion torpedo there.
    Cheers

Just use and all ion loadout for your second hand and when the bombing runs come just restart "if you don't mind taking a death" and switch over to your ion hand. When you restart it usually puts you towards the back where you will have a clear shooting path. The most important weapon against the walkers isn't a weapon it's a power up. If you pick up a blaster canon save it for the bombing run as it does by far the most damage. I repeat BLASTER CANONS ARE GOLD! Save them and never waste them

Blaster Cannons, this guy gets it. Cannot overstate how much damage they do. Just set up far back and let the shots fly.

• Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    On maps with starships, the key is starships for rebels, you can deal 30 damage with an x wing on a walker with 6 y wings. Same deal with blaster cannon on endor. Ion weapons, ion shot. Dont bother.unless it's ion grenade, but u still have to get close to at at for that. Get good in starships, find good placement turrets, and look for blaster cannon/disruptor rifle tokens. I'm dead serious, don't bother with ion torpedo/ion shot as you spend more time on cool down and might do 1 point of damage per ion torpedo on Walker/ and nothing with ion shot to Walker. Get a pulse cannon instead, you get +50 for shooting belly if Walker, more than ion torpedo and ion shot combined. And shorter cool down.
  • rock1072 wrote: »
    Cheers

Blaster Cannons, this guy gets it. Cannot overstate how much damage they do. Just set up far back and let the shots fly.

And if you find yourself without a blaster canon or ion loadout, provide cover and protect teamates who are using blaster cannons. And when speeders are launching tow cables attack the atsts who are shooting at your speeders.
    Cheers

Thanks mate
  • A lot of it also depends on hero play. A good hero can be a decisive factor in winning. Too many times, I see a hero either not playing the objective or just get crushed. Last night, had a terrible WA in part thanks to Nien Nunb just sniping from the back of the map and never making a play for the uplinks. We were destroyed.
    Cheers

Thanks mate

No problem! B_rad10304 on psn if you want to add me. I stream sometimes on twitch and you can find some vids of my team of rebels winning on twilight on hoth. I have been looking into joining parties to play as I usually just play with randoms. WA is usually the mode I play
  • meanjoeira wrote: »
    A lot of it also depends on hero play. A good hero can be a decisive factor in winning. Too many times, I see a hero either not playing the objective or just get crushed. Last night, had a terrible WA in part thanks to Nien Nunb just sniping from the back of the map and never making a play for the uplinks. We were destroyed.

Rough! Nien IMO is the best hero for WA as his turret and orbital strike are great for guarding uplinks. Though he is a sniper if he isn't close to an uplink he isn't doing his job
  • Sb2432 wrote: »
    On maps with starships, the key is starships for rebels, you can deal 30 damage with an x wing on a walker with 6 y wings. Same deal with blaster cannon on endor. Ion weapons, ion shot. Dont bother.unless it's ion grenade, but u still have to get close to at at for that. Get good in starships, find good placement turrets, and look for blaster cannon/disruptor rifle tokens. I'm dead serious, don't bother with ion torpedo/ion shot as you spend more time on cool down and might do 1 point of damage per ion torpedo on Walker/ and nothing with ion shot to Walker. Get a pulse cannon instead, you get +50 for shooting belly if Walker, more than ion torpedo and ion shot combined. And shorter cool down.

You realize that because you don't have ion weapon AT-ST goes rampant (well, it's not because of you, but such logic leads to that situation). Rebel teams who have ion weapons spawnkill AT-ST and most likely will win.
  • EmmaFett10304
    2498 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Sb2432 wrote: »

You realize that because you don't have ion weapon AT-ST goes rampant (well, it's not because of you, but such logic leads to that situation). Rebel teams who have ion weapons spawnkill AT-ST and most likely will win.

Exactly! If you are a rebel and do not have your second hand as ion loadout than you aren't helping your team. Some are too concerned with k/d to restart and switch to ion loadout which is sad. As stated above using ion torps and grenades are very important as they can take out the atsts that are attacking the speeders and infantry. It all works in unison if the rebels can control the air.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

No, an at st goes down in one strafe from a star fighter, and rebels should always have air superiority. Or han/nein/lando which can destroy it, Leia spawn guards, or even pick ups like thermal imploded/smart rocket. You really don't need ion weapons in WA, they're so over rated. Except maybe on endor .
  • EmmaFett10304
    2498 posts Member
    edited August 2016

No, an at st goes down in one strafe from a star fighter, and rebels should always have air superiority. Or han/nein/lando which can destroy it, Leia spawn guards, or even pick ups like thermal imploded/smart rocket. You really don't need ion weapons in WA, they're so over rated. Except maybe on endor .

Yeah but that is what a second hand is for. Every match is different and you are counting on other players to do the dirty work of taking out the atsts for you when all you have to do is switch over to ion hand and do the work yourself. I agree there are more powerful assets but it is as simple as having a second hand to deal ion damage. If imps have air superiority due to poor rebel air combat than switch to ion loadout and throw some ion torps at imp fighters. You stated that ion tops are useless so you obviously never provide air support from the ground which is a big reason rebels or imps can control the air. Not everybody thinks to provide backup to air while on the ground but it's very useful seeing as imps have atsts and ion loadouts to provide air support. If you don't like ion weapons that's is fine but at least carry them on your second hand as insurance
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Why not switch to Supremacy? This mode depents more on skill instead of which site you are fighting on.
    Only exception is Endor Survival, where a Rebel victory is rare.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Here's my Rebel loadout in WA: Pulse Cannon (can aim to hit weak spot easily which does about 45 damage), Ion Shot (not sure how much this really helps when shooting the walker), and Ion Torpedo - does about 30-40 in damage per torpedo. I save the blaster cannon if I can since it does a lot of damage. Otherwise, I shoot the pulse cannon/ion torpedo if I can't get to a 1.4 FD P-tower turret (this does a lot of damage - in the hundreds).

If more Rebel players would use this loadout, I think the Rebels would win more often.
  • Yakuza17 wrote: »
    Here's my Rebel loadout in WA: Pulse Cannon (can aim to hit weak spot easily which does about 45 damage), Ion Shot (not sure how much this really helps when shooting the walker), and Ion Torpedo - does about 30-40 in damage per torpedo. I save the blaster cannon if I can since it does a lot of damage. Otherwise, I shoot the pulse cannon/ion torpedo if I can't get to a 1.4 FD P-tower turret (this does a lot of damage - in the hundreds).

If more Rebel players would use this loadout, I think the Rebels would win more often.

Precisely! Use whatever hand you want but make this your secondary hand always as rebels. I used to use ion neutralizer but the pulse canon refreshes faster and does more damage as well as being able to snipe the snipers.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

Yeah but that is what a second hand is for. Every match is different and you are counting on other players to do the dirty work of taking out the atsts for you when all you have to do is switch over to ion hand and do the work yourself. I agree there are more powerful assets but it is as simple as having a second hand to deal ion damage. If imps have air superiority due to poor rebel air combat than switch to ion loadout and throw some ion torps at imp fighters. You stated that ion tops are useless so you obviously never provide air support from the ground which is a big reason rebels or imps can control the air. Not everybody thinks to provide backup to air while on the ground but it's very useful seeing as imps have atsts and ion loadouts to provide air support. If you don't like ion weapons that's is fine but at least carry them on your second hand as insurance

Dude... I'm an ace pilot, I do the pilot work lol and yes ion torpedoes are useless. And are inconsistent with how well they track starships. Pulse cannon and explosive shot is better than ion shot and any ion weapon as it does more damage to at at and can damage players. And I'm sorry , I've never ever seen imps with air superiority, when I'm on rebels?

Dude... I'm an ace pilot, I do the pilot work lol and yes ion torpedoes are useless. And are inconsistent with how well they track starships. Pulse cannon and explosive shot is better than ion shot and any ion weapon as it does more damage to at at and can damage players. And I'm sorry , I've never ever seen imps with air superiority, when I'm on rebels?

I'm sure you are an ace pilot but not all rebels are. Those who aren't fortunate enough to be graced with your ace pilot skills on there team may be faced with imps that have air superiority. I'm that case it is quite simple to switch to an ion loadout to help out with air and atat and atst damage. And as much damage as you can do with explosive shot and pulse canon I could do even more by adding ion torps to the mix. Then it is just a matter of switching back to my normal loadout
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    edited August 2016

I'm sure you are an ace pilot but not all rebels are. Those who aren't fortunate enough to be graced with your ace pilot skills on there team may be faced with imps that have air superiority. I'm that case it is quite simple to switch to an ion loadout to help out with air and atat and atst damage. And as much damage as you can do with explosive shot and pulse canon I could do even more by adding ion torps to the mix. Then it is just a matter of switching back to my normal loadout

I guess man, but I think your giving ion weapons too much credit. If they were buffed to where ion torpedo does +100 to Atat, and ion shot does more than +5 , I'd agree with you. It's just guns that are used to kill players like explosive shot, and pulse cannon do more damage to an Atat than ion weapons. The only ion weapon worth taking taking that I'll take on endor, is the ion grenade, other than that, i feel like they need a buff. And any pilot can do 5 damage to Atat in one run just by holding back, shoot middle, launch torpedoes, and you could activate shield if a ties behind you. So you really don't even need good pilots to damage an Atat. If the ion weapons were to get a significant buff , I'd agree with you. But until common power ups and starships do an even better job than ion weapons do and they don't take a spot in my loadout. Just my 2 cents. I do hope ion weapons are buffed though, and if they are, I would agree with you.
  • QUYMOBIUZ wrote: »
    WA is mostly what I play & I've seen both Walkers taken down during the 1st uplinks. Happens more often now. However, if you notice, the first uplink round ends quickly. I remember when you would start a game as Empire, & the walkers would be closer to the spawn point. Now they're already ahead. Seems like WA matches are shorter because of this.

These matches DO seem to end more quickly now than before. It's kind of a bummer. This is my favorite mode.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    E11- in case I run into players or am waiting for a cooldown.
    Ion Grenade- to deal with Bubble boys in groups or to deal with turrets and vehicles.
    Scan Pulse- to help find players so I can avoid them.
    Ion Torpedo- to deal with turrets and vehicles outside of my Ion Grenade range.
    Scout Trait- so I can run from cover to cover more easily avoiding players while I run towards that turret or vehicle.
  • gfdgfdgdf
    305 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Cycler rifle is an unheard of card when dealing damage to a ATAT, but if used right can do just as much damage as a ION Torpedo as its cool down is twice as fast, and is also good at killing people.
    Pulse Canon, when I heard that it can do 50 damage I thought why use the ION torpedo again (and I haven't except to achieve some challenges)
    Last night a partner and I were down the side of the cliff on OUTPOST BETA when the first wave to attack the ATAT begain, we were left alone and wreked the ATAT, me with ION Torpedos and ION Grenades.
    The Dish turret (1.4 FD P-TOWER TURRET) and BLASTER CANON are in by far the best things to wrek the ATAT add the X-Wings, A-wings and Speeders ATAT's dont stand a chance.
    The real damage can be dealt when those with the right tools don't have any pressure on them, and are setup in a good spot to deal the damage.

The one thing ION Torpedo is good for is pulling down a ATST, when you add vehicle turrets and ION Disrupters on a team, you can wrek ATST's in 3 sec's flat.

I guess man, but I think your giving ion weapons too much credit. If they were buffed to where ion torpedo does +100 to Atat, and ion shot does more than +5 , I'd agree with you. It's just guns that are used to kill players like explosive shot, and pulse cannon do more damage to an Atat than ion weapons. The only ion weapon worth taking taking that I'll take on endor, is the ion grenade, other than that, i feel like they need a buff. And any pilot can do 5 damage to Atat in one run just by holding back, shoot middle, launch torpedoes, and you could activate shield if a ties behind you. So you really don't even need good pilots to damage an Atat. If the ion weapons were to get a significant buff , I'd agree with you. But until common power ups and starships do an even better job than ion weapons do and they don't take a spot in my loadout. Just my 2 cents. I do hope ion weapons are buffed though, and if they are, I would agree with you.

No doubdt that you're a good pilot and etc. but here is the difference: you have only 2 starfighters. You might be the best pilot ever but you won't nuke AT-AT by yourself. Or you can switch to T-47 in last phase but you will be killed by AT-ST (because no one have ion weapon to bring in down fast). Good when Leia or Han know what to do but mostly they do not. Ion weapon is must have for any big mode for rebels. It have more use than you think.

Are you on PC? On PC It's mandatory to gonwith it or the team pretty much dead. Only the few who have it could save and win that match.
  • Just played WA today on PC. Won both times as rebels on Hoth. Lost one as Empire. Empire won all 4 on Endor. No hacking today. All good games. This game just gets better with each update. Hard to get kills with cycler rifle. I am only a weekend player though
  • Rapier
    32 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    One more thing, like above save your blaster cannons and smart missles for the at at attack. My missle strke was the final hit for a take down today
  • I've said a few times that the recent decrease of health for AT AT's on the Bespin maps was a negative thing - what they should have done is incrementally boost y-wing attack bonuses - more y-wings more damage etc

This has a 2-fold positive impact - more uplinks defended = more team work and less of the show ponies running around the map.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

No doubdt that you're a good pilot and etc. but here is the difference: you have only 2 starfighters. You might be the best pilot ever but you won't nuke AT-AT by yourself. Or you can switch to T-47 in last phase but you will be killed by AT-ST (because no one have ion weapon to bring in down fast). Good when Leia or Han know what to do but mostly they do not. Ion weapon is must have for any big mode for rebels. It have more use than you think.

Are you on PC? On PC It's mandatory to gonwith it or the team pretty much dead. Only the few who have it could save and win that match.

I'm on ps4, and only play alone. And idk ,maybe I've just been lucky.
  • The thing is, the amount of cards is increasing and some people use useless combos when they play rebels.
    The ONLY change post patch was that some anti-vehicle turrents now have become useless, in the tatoinne map it actually made the map more balanced, however in the twillight hoth map it made it very hard on the rebels.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    The thing is, the amount of cards is increasing and some people use useless combos when they play rebels.
    The ONLY change post patch was that some anti-vehicle turrents now have become useless, in the tatoinne map it actually made the map more balanced, however in the twillight hoth map it made it very hard on the rebels.

Please, rebels never had a chance to begin with on that map lol