criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Stinger Pistol Tips?

Hey guys, I'm trying to unlock the Hutt Contract for the second level of the Stinger Pistol. I've quickly noticed that it is a very hard star card to get kills with, even when I pump other players full of shots.

Does anyone have any tips on how to use it most effectively? Also, what modes and maps would you say are best for getting kills with it? Any help would be appreciated, the sooner I get those 5 kills, the sooner I can replace the Stinger Pistol with something more useful in my arsenal.
#JustSayNoToReyLo

Replies

• I feel your pain! 5 kills with a weapon not designed to kill. CQC maps are where I did it, easiest way is to soften them up with a normal blaster first then just finish them off with the stinger.
  • Use it in your sniper hand or do one if haven't got yet :D Stinger Pistol is the most accurate weapon in the game, you can easily hit people in the distance with it. Go to a big map, snipe people with it and some of them will die from it :smiley:
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • DocEnglish
    29 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I did it by getting into areas with lots of corridors where groups of players face off against each other. In the middle of the fight, you pull out the pistol and just fire like mad. You can also soften them up with a grenade or dioxis. Most Bespin maps work well or Endor/Sullust on Walker Assault.

It takes time, but it's doable if you stick with it. It was easy compared to getting generator activation's in sabotage.
  • DocEnglish wrote: »
    I did it by getting into areas with lots of corridors where groups of players face off against each other. In the middle of the fight, you pull out the pistol and just fire like mad.

Generator B in the carbon freezing chambers was great for me. If you can crouch looking down whichever corridor the other team is trying to squeeze through while your teammates are also firing that way, you'll end up getting some of the kills by finishing off people who are already low health.

• I use it as a side arm for an example: if I'm spraying lasers to kill one guy and my gun overheated I activate the stinger pistol and that should finish him off
  • I'll give you a tip...............use a different charge card.
  • Hallway battles. Shoot stinger quickly into as many targets as you can. In these confined battles, the chances of enemies being at a lower health is much greater.
    As stated, it is very accurate. Also can be used as a sidearm to cycler.
  • Charliefurey
    351 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Hey guys, I'm trying to unlock the Hutt Contract for the second level of the Stinger Pistol. I've quickly noticed that it is a very hard star card to get kills with, even when I pump other players full of shots.

Does anyone have any tips on how to use it most effectively? Also, what modes and maps would you say are best for getting kills with it? Any help would be appreciated, the sooner I get those 5 kills, the sooner I can replace the Stinger Pistol with something more useful in my arsenal.

Stinger pistol compliments the cycler rifle. Many times ive hit an enemy dealing 90 damage for them to use a shield and make a swift and exit but not whilst the stinger pistol is equipped. @Admiral_Petty use it on WA with a DLT-19X and Cycler and finish off 5 enemies in minutes. I killed 21 enemies with it in 2 games on WA but its still not as valuable as a shield or stim.
  • Thanks for the tips guys, I managed to unlock the contract by using a combination of the advice provided.
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    I'll give you a tip...............use a different charge card.

Now that I've unlocked the contract, that is precisely what I intend to do. The completist in me just had to make sure to unlock the contract though ;).
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

^^^
    This.
    "I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
  • Shoot someone with the DLT-19x then shoot the enemy with the Stinger Pistol.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

Beat me to it... but in all honesty when I used it, I switched to it when wounded people would pop a shield or when I get disrupted. Didn't get kills often but it was satisfying to see them drop dead later.
  • Having used it, I just see no point to it when there are so many better options. I guess maybe if you wanted to run a shield popping trifecta of Cycler Rifle, Scatter Gun and Stinger Pistol, but that's just a bit overkill honestly ;). I just generally found it useless overall.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Thanks for the tips guys, I managed to unlock the contract by using a combination of the advice provided.
    PopoTateo wrote: »

Now that I've unlocked the contract, that is precisely what I intend to do. The completist in me just had to make sure to unlock the contract though ;).

Same deal here. I have to unlock every weapon, card and upgrade in this game. It's principle.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • I just killed myself with the stinger pistol when i was shooting someone point blank and it registered on the hutt conctract, unless i killed the other guy at the same time, don't think i did
  • yeah just tested it against a wall it killed me but i had finished the contract so not 100% it will work
  • Dioxis, shock grenade, stinger
  • Use it on wounded foes,more precisely on wounded shield boys
  • Credit to @Xantos
    Add 2551 to my post count
    ru0TXZb.gif
  • The Stinger pistol is more of the Anti-Personal Shield starcard to use. Just have it on hand and if someone decides to pop the shield on you just whip out the pistol, fire some shots into the punk, and wait as the yellow ticks lead to the target's death. Otherwise it's pretty good at harassing the enemy. Sometimes I'll spam it into a group of enemies just to mess with them all.
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    GuessWho wrote: »
    Credit to @Xantos

Oh my god :D

That video was pure epicness :D

I remember people who opened that video with the hope to find something usefull :trollface:
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Xantos
    2385 posts Member
    The Stinger pistol is more of the Anti-Personal Shield starcard to use. Just have it on hand and if someone decides to pop the shield on you just whip out the pistol, fire some shots into the punk, and wait as the yellow ticks lead to the target's death. Otherwise it's pretty good at harassing the enemy. Sometimes I'll spam it into a group of enemies just to mess with them all.
    Stinger pistol is good to cosplay wing guards, and its usefullness ends here.
    "Only 10% of our playerbase played old Battlefronts, so we are going to do a Battlefront, which is not a Battlefront" -Dice 2017
  • Its fun to go after bubble boys with it.
  • johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    It's pretty useful on certain Cargo and Blast maps and sometimes as Imperials on Phase 2 of Battlestation. I recently started using it and am at 55 kills but best used as suppression tool. The accuracy and range are very good.
  • It's pretty useful on certain Cargo and Blast maps and sometimes as Imperials on Phase 2 of Battlestation. I recently started using it and am at 55 kills but best used as suppression tool. The accuracy and range are very good.

• IcedFreon wrote: »
    It's pretty useful on certain Cargo and Blast maps and sometimes as Imperials on Phase 2 of Battlestation. I recently started using it and am at 55 kills but best used as suppression tool. The accuracy and range are very good.

I'm going to try that hand in Phase 2 next time. Too bad teammates never pay attention to whether or not Dioxis is safe... maybe someone would've rescued R2 before that.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • IcedFreon wrote: »

I'm going to try that hand in Phase 2 next time. Too bad teammates never pay attention to whether or not Dioxis is safe... maybe someone would've rescued R2 before that.

On the flipside....
  • bfloo
    15009 posts Member
    IcedFreon wrote: »

I think people watch the player who threw the dioxis stay out of the cloud and do the same.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• DO2L
    129 posts Member
    I did it on Blast mode and CQC maps. Stuck with teammates and fired away.
  • RogueMammalX
    503 posts Member
    edited February 2017
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    On the flipside....

Yep, my team has won many games like that... except I use the thermal det instead of sonic, and TL-50 instead of the EE-4. B)

Of course, there have been a couple games where the Rebs rescued R2 at the very last second. :|
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • I concur with Whodunnit - using it to snipe with is highly effective. The Sullust and Twilight On Hoth WA maps are good for that. Cargo and Droid Run, where you get lots of people using personal shields (so they can't fight back), and as others have said, battlestation - especially when all the Imperials are clustered in the hangar guarding R2D2.