criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Prev13456728
Have comments around the Death Star patch update? Make sure to post them below.

Full patch notes can be viewed here.
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy

Replies

• Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    _____
    giphy.gif
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    Noooo we can't Melee Vader when Choked anymore :joy:

And Palpatine buffed again?! Lordy lord..
  • Aside from Scout changes, I loved literally everything listed :)
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Heroes can't be killed by droids turret strikes after the round is over, finally.

3penr5.jpg
  • @Anoh "With the arrival of the Imperial Officers, the certification for Stormtroopers to remove their helmets in combat has been withdrawn."

I almost cried...
  • Patch notes had nothing on generic FS hit detection improvements....: -(
  • Not very happy with the scout change, seems like a backwards move that will promote campers and discourage moving on the objective.
  • New skirmish mode and the b wing, y wing, tie bomber, and tie defender should be flyable vehicles in the next update
  • @DaxStorm Totally agree with you there, I've posted about my fears in 3 separate threads already. I've come to terms with waiting until release to pass judgement, but I'm 99.999999997% sure that this is the end of Scout as we know it
  • Patch notes had nothing on generic FS hit detection improvements....: -(

The Devs said months ago that they could not replicate the issue in testing. I think we've lost the battle on that one.
  • i totally dont like the deathstar update u have only 3 modes, wich 2 of them are with flying, and i really really dont like that flying stuff, ist boring, and most peoples think of that, ONLY 2 new weapons lol this game is the worst game with ingame content, what are those suckers do at ea al day/ week, month.. anyways only 3 modes to play,, ITS A JOKE bit then again EA is a JOKE
  • LysdexicsUntied
    2034 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @Banzai_Eddie I take it you also "really really dont like" that grammar stuff, either? Maybe wait until you have played the DLC before having a go at it in what I think may be English. And by the way, "have only 3 modes?"... THE THING THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IN THE DLC'S SO FAR IS THE PLAYLISTS!!! So what, do you want less playlists, or more modes? Make up your minds already...
  • Revhoneybadger93
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Now we need dlc maps in skirmish I paid money to play them when I shouldnt have had to!
  • Now we need dlc maps in skirmish I paid money to play them when I shouldnt have had to!

The latest info from any dev was Dennis on Twitter, he said "More on that later." At least that means there is, in fact more or something coming :)
  • "Appearance: With the arrival of the Imperial Officers, the certification for Stormtroopers to remove their helmets in combat has been withdrawn." Sentence of the day :joy:
    It's the best one after yesterday's "It's like we are listening" :D
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • So no buff for the RTC-97? I thought Christian mentioned something about that.
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    "Appearance: With the arrival of the Imperial Officers, the certification for Stormtroopers to remove their helmets in combat has been withdrawn." Sentence of the day :joy:
    It's the best one after yesterday's "It's like we are listening" :D

Haha, I didn't see that second tweet

+10 hues
  • For all PS4 users, the servers just went down. Update isn't out yet though
  • Update is now available for PS4
  • ThirdDegreePun
    1993 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Some nice stuff, hoping we'll get another patch quite soon though with the following, from high to low priority.:
    • Fix for Lando's OP Power Shots (don't stack with trait, done!), test to make sure he can't 1-hit-kill any more.
    • Prevent Dash Attacks from being stopped by stuns (can use whilst stunned, won't be snapped backwards if stunned during) - Saber Rush, Shoulder Charge + Dengar's attacks.
    • Prevent Unmanned Speeder Bikes from causing collision damage.
    • Prevent Speeder Bikes from being able to inflict 'Run-over' damage on heroes.
    • Fix to stop players getting a hero more than once per match. Share the love guys.
    • Fix for Boba's flamethrower to make it firmer. Follow a similar trajectory to Palpatine's lightning and be only slightly less aimable.
    • Buff to Ion Neutraliser to make it more viable.
    • Allow Trooper Bane to be turned off during use.
    • Allow Speed Boost to be turned off during use.
    • Make ADS for long ranged weapons into the 1st person scope view for those in 3rd person without the need to swap views.
    • Fix for PC Players on Keyboard which allows Palpatine to use Chain Lightning whilst airborne (works on controller)
    • Swap 'Power Up' token drop abilty in WA/Supremacy for something new.
      Leia - Enhanced Ion Neutraliser (1-2 second charge, slight burn damage to vehicles and infantry (same as stinger), gives her a teamwork focus and some defence against AT-STs.)
      Palpatine - Sith Focus (give 4 seconds of 'enhanced block' where, when next blocking, Palpatine will convert 10% of incoming damage into health. After ability ends get normal block afterwards)
  • Pretty sparse list of fixes given how long some problems have been around. Hey while we're talking about that, how about fixing the contracts so they update. I know thats asking a lot but maybe you can squeeze that into your schedule.
  • @ThirdDegreePun I think you meant "Leia - Enhanced Ion Neutraliser" to say "Leia - Enhanced Trooper Bane"? But agreedo on all the above, either way
  • Pretty disturbed about the weakening of nearly every trait card, as well the straight up changing of their abilities/functions. Also, the helmet thing is pretty ridiculous. I personally like the look of the customized Stormtroopers. That's probably why it was removed. Fingers crossed that we finally get the option to play on the premium maps without having to play a playlist. I mean - as premium members - we paid a premium - ( I especially paid in full before day one) so it'd be cool if I could play the game modes I like on the maps I like, but that probably won't happen; seeing as we're 3 DLC's deep. There seems to be a disturbing trend of games being heavily updated now to the point where the game you initially purchased is almost unrecognizable. What ever happened to DLC's just being additional content that don't come with a monster "patch" of massive changes that completely change everything about the game? Patch's used to be bug fixes - things that improved the game slightly, greatly if necessary, or were barely noticed... Now they've become something else entirely.
  • Pretty disturbed about the weakening of nearly every trait card, as well the straight up changing of their abilities/functions. Also, the helmet thing is pretty ridiculous. I personally like the look of the customized Stormtroopers. That's probably why it was removed. Fingers crossed that we finally get the option to play on the premium maps without having to play a playlist. I mean - as premium members - we paid a premium - ( I especially paid in full before day one) so it'd be cool if I could play the game modes I like on the maps I like, but that probably won't happen; seeing as we're 3 DLC's deep. There seems to be a disturbing trend of games being heavily updated now to the point where the game you initially purchased is almost unrecognizable. What ever happened to DLC's just being additional content that don't come with a monster "patch" of massive changes that completely change everything about the game? Patch's used to be bug fixes - things that improved the game slightly, greatly if necessary, or were barely noticed... Now they've become something else entirely.

Gaming management/devs are some of the most out of touch creatures on the face of the earth. Give them a cash cow and they will trade it for magic beans in a second.
  • @ThirdDegreePun I think you meant "Leia - Enhanced Ion Neutraliser" to say "Leia - Enhanced Trooper Bane"? But agreedo on all the above, either way

No I'm hoping she'll get that instead of her Token Drop for big modes as a new ability. It would really help in WA and such when you're surpressed by vehicles and it allows you to have a direct supportive impact instead of just wildly dropping tokens and hoping for the best. :smile:
    Pretty disturbed about the weakening of nearly every trait card, as well the straight up changing of their abilities/functions. Also, the helmet thing is pretty ridiculous. I personally like the look of the customized Stormtroopers. That's probably why it was removed. Fingers crossed that we finally get the option to play on the premium maps without having to play a playlist. I mean - as premium members - we paid a premium - ( I especially paid in full before day one) so it'd be cool if I could play the game modes I like on the maps I like, but that probably won't happen; seeing as we're 3 DLC's deep. There seems to be a disturbing trend of games being heavily updated now to the point where the game you initially purchased is almost unrecognizable. What ever happened to DLC's just being additional content that don't come with a monster "patch" of massive changes that completely change everything about the game? Patch's used to be bug fixes - things that improved the game slightly, greatly if necessary, or were barely noticed... Now they've become something else entirely.

I actually really like what they've done. They've streamlined the traits to making a lot more sense and being more suitable to certain roles or playstyles. A statistic they dropped was that more than 80% of players were using the Scout Trait, and whilst they don't want to nerf popular items, it shows a very clear discrepancy and lack of variety in gameplay. I like pretty much everything they've done, although now Survivalist sounds not very useful, although I'll try it out, I never really liked it anyway. Something to note is that now EVERY level 3 trait gives you a 50% chance of a powerup with kills! Meaning that anyone at level three has a nice little bonus!

A lot of other things they've changed have all been madly asked for. Things like dynamic customisation and changes to FS have plagued this game since Day One. They've been a long time coming and overall I would say you're part of a minority who liked stormtroopers without helmets, at least you can wear pauldrons now! Or have Granny Officer!

Dennis has frequently acknowledged they're working on Playlist solutions, this DLC seems to sidestep that problem mainly by being mainly just the Death Star Battle Station Mode, a point a lot of people are upset about but guaranteed if it was full of modes they'd be complaining just the same about the playlist. It's my assumption that a future patch may indeed solve the Playlist issue by allowing individual DLC modes to be selected and put on rotation, this way we might get games of Extraction or Sabotage going. A possible way to also enable this would be to allow Bots in these modes to fill slots and players joining would replace bots until full, meaning even without heaps of people playing your preferred mode, you could still get a game up!
    courtsdad wrote: »
    Gaming management/devs are some of the most out of touch creatures on the face of the earth. Give them a cash cow and they will trade it for magic beans in a second.

I disagree with you. The Devs are doing everything they can to deliver the best Fan and Player Experience for a wide and varied audience. EA and Disney/Lucas are making it harder by restricting flow of information and from certain decisions from being able to be made. Also the DLC model has wreaked havoc on the game by forcing them to focus on 'new' before they have time to fix up the existing content. But don't attack the devs. Seriously. Those guys are doing an amazing job under the restrictions, listening and delivering to everything we demand for so long as they're allowed to. If you want to get angry at someone, head higher up the ladder.
  • Bjankins1 wrote: »
    New skirmish mode and the b wing, y wing, tie bomber, and tie defender should be flyable vehicles in the next update
    Now we need dlc maps in skirmish I paid money to play them when I shouldnt have had to!

I really hope dice adds skirmish skin customization and more modes and maps
  • DRIZZLE wrote: »
    Bjankins1 wrote: »
    New skirmish mode and the b wing, y wing, tie bomber, and tie defender should be flyable vehicles in the next update

100% for this. Would really like Skirmish to have the same start screen MP matches do; where you can kit up and everything. Also want traits to be enabled in skirmish!

Finally having a small mode, and DLC Maps would be great, it can be hard to find the map I want online now, especially as more and more DLC comes out. Would be really nice to have the ability to play on the Carbon Freeze chamber whenever I wanted :smiley:
  • ExposedLeach107
    958 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Anoh wrote: »
    Noooo we can't Melee Vader when Choked anymore :joy:

And Palpatine buffed again?! Lordy lord..

I laugh in palps voice then I read that. he my favourite hero. Can not wait for HvV when I get home.
    Also is the hero health pick ups still 50 HP?
    Some nice stuff, hoping we'll get another patch quite soon though with the following, from high to low priority.:
    • Fix for Lando's OP Power Shots (don't stack with trait, done!), test to make sure he can't 1-hit-kill any more.
    • Prevent Dash Attacks from being stopped by stuns (can use whilst stunned, won't be snapped backwards if stunned during) - Saber Rush, Shoulder Charge + Dengar's attacks.
    • Prevent Unmanned Speeder Bikes from causing collision damage.
    • Prevent Speeder Bikes from being able to inflict 'Run-over' damage on heroes.
    • Fix to stop players getting a hero more than once per match. Share the love guys.
    • Fix for Boba's flamethrower to make it firmer. Follow a similar trajectory to Palpatine's lightning and be only slightly less aimable.
    • Buff to Ion Neutraliser to make it more viable.
    • Allow Trooper Bane to be turned off during use.
    • Allow Speed Boost to be turned off during use.
    • Make ADS for long ranged weapons into the 1st person scope view for those in 3rd person without the need to swap views.
    • Fix for PC Players on Keyboard which allows Palpatine to use Chain Lightning whilst airborne (works on controller)
    • Swap 'Power Up' token drop abilty in WA/Supremacy for something new.
      Leia - Enhanced Ion Neutraliser (1-2 second charge, slight burn damage to vehicles and infantry (same as stinger), gives her a teamwork focus and some defence against AT-STs.)
      Palpatine - Sith Focus (give 4 seconds of 'enhanced block' where, when next blocking, Palpatine will convert 10% of incoming damage into health. After ability ends get normal block afterwards)

I agree with @ThirdDegreePun. Can we have this next patch with some more skirmish features please?
  • Instant melee Is gone HAHAHAHAAHAH
  • ThirdDegreePun
    1993 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I agree with @ThirdDegreePun. Can we have this next patch with some more skirmish features please?

Thanks! Yeah I fully support more skirmish content and features such as a full port of the MP Pre-match loadout screens into Skirmish. I left those out though because as Dennis has said a couple of times now this "isn't a skirmish patch", which you could read into implying there IS a skirmish patch coming :wink:
    Instant melee Is gone HAHAHAHAAHAH

For someone called Urdnot_Happy you seem pretty happy about that :tongue:

I'm kinda sad. I liked that instant melee, most of the time it got me killed but it was pretty fun getting the drop on someone and being able to knock them out face to face. There's nothing I hate more than having a 'draw' in melee where you both die. I'm looking forward to the Bo-rifle to let me do that again combined with Escape Artist :smile:
  • So to unlock new things, I have to play a mode that forces me into vehicles, first bad.
    When I selected a hero other than the new one, my screen went completely black.
    Getting stuck on loading screens after battle again, and leaving doesnt help, because you are still stuck there. A MA ZING.
  • maroar_eu wrote: »
    So to unlock new things, I have to play a mode that forces me into vehicles, first bad.
    Getting stuck on loading screens after battle again, and leaving doesnt help, because you are still stuck there. A MA ZING.

What platform are you on?
    So to unlock new things, I have to play a mode that forces me into vehicles, first bad.

I forgot the fantastic 5 heroes being ingame at one point in walker assault. GG
  • First Impression:
    Too much flying and flying is dull.
    Flyin feels slow as a balloon tour.
    Every fighter should have a sprint ability like normal soldier sprint (with a stamina limit).
    Evasive roll shouldn't be on the d-pad but on the left thumbstick like soldier strafe.
    I also experienced massive frame rate drops in space on the PS4, and the indoor parts had an overall laggy feel to it.

What platform are you on?

I am on PC
  • I'm a little unsure of level 1 sharpshooter and beserker. Those buffs aren't even enough to make a difference in shots to kill with a 280c against a fully overhealed enemy.

I don't honestly see them being used out side of buffing heavy blasters where any damage increase can be useful and to the 19x.
  • Escape Artist has been made effectively useless. Berserker 50% damage boost from the hip on level 3? I shoot from the hip almost every time so OP. Wtf EA
  • Not impressed at all rubbish update. Flying is not fun. All that was really added was to heroes which will no doubt get Nerfed after everyone has a whinge they are too strong.
  • wirth87 wrote: »
    Not impressed at all rubbish update. Flying is not fun. All that was really added was to heroes which will no doubt get Nerfed after everyone has a whinge they are too strong.

• DaxStorm wrote: »
    Not very happy with the scout change, seems like a backwards move that will promote campers and discourage moving on the objective.

Ok so it was mentioned that more than 80% of players are using the scout trait and the change is to provide diversity, surely it would be better to improve the usefulness of the other traits rather than upset 80% of your customers by nerfing the one good one!

yup typical EA horse *****. Its crashes for me too inbetween games, completly unplayable, another EA con, if its not the bus its the cheating f**ks...and EA do NOTHING...this will be the last game I buy from EA..
  • FettForMVP wrote: »
    Escape Artist has been made effectively useless. Berserker 50% damage boost from the hip on level 3? I shoot from the hip almost every time so OP. **** EA

I dont feel like Escape Artist is useless, it was hard to get kills with that 1 hit melee anyway, unless the opposite team was completely oblivious to their combat scanner. I do have to agree with you on the berserker trait though. If you aren't firing from the hip in Battlefront, you are doing something wrong. Aiming does not provide any accuracy bonus and it slows you down considerably. Although the damage bonus reaches 50% at rank 3 rather than the old 75% at rank 2, which could even it out. I can't really speculate too much about it anyway, haven't tried it yet.
  • "New Hero vehicles: Red Five (Luke Skywalker) and Tie Advanced x1 (Darth Vader) will be introduced as new playable hero vehicles on both Battle Station and Fighter Squadron."
    Apparently this doesn't include Skirmish Fighter Squadron... I was looking forward to using Red 5 in it. Unless they are added to it later in the update specifically for Skirmish, I'll remain disappointed.
  • "That's no moon" neither a dlc map. The leak of dlc content for the offline players make me feel robbed. Where is the death star in skirmish? I mean there is no need of a ATAT, but I think I'm talking in the name of every SW fan and battlefront palyer when i say "we want dlc maps offline".

Thanks.
  • REQUEST: Offline DLCs

WE WANT OFFLINE DLC MAPS!
  • DRIZZLE wrote: »
    Bjankins1 wrote: »

PLEASE @Sledgehammer70 read these things!
  • MecPlayer wrote: »
    REQUEST: Offline DLCs

WE WANT OFFLINE DLC MAPS!

Fully agreed
  • ExposedLeach107
    958 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    MecPlayer wrote: »
    "That's no moon" neither a dlc map. The leak of dlc content for the offline players make me feel robbed. Where is the death star in skirmish? I mean there is no need of a ATAT, but I think I'm talking in the name of every SW fan and battlefront palyer when i say "we want dlc maps offline".

Thanks.

Why have people been saying the Death star in skirmish. Am I missing something? Besides offline DLC have been requested, they sell more season passes and everyone happy. All they need to do is actually put it in the game.
  • Now we need dlc maps in skirmish I paid money to play them when I shouldnt have had to!

Totally agree