criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Fighter Squadron vermin explain yourselves for this mess of a DLC

Replies

• Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    AL_GR33N_ wrote: »
    Joonlar wrote: »
    courtsdad wrote: »
    Remember how long it took to fix all of the annoying bugs when OR released?

The fix for bacta bomb released today, about 6 months after it was introduced. Patience really does pay off! Just gotta wait half a year each time.
    I appreciate that not everyone is skilled in mathematics, but I think with a bit of gentle guidance I can help you work this out.

Step 1: remind me when Bespin was released...

Bespin released in June, months after Bacta Bomb.

I understand not everyone has decent memory..

Just checking you were paying attention ;) haha

Still, May > September = 4 months.

I will admit that was a while, but unfortunately, people didn't really start complaining loudly about Bacta until after Bespin had released, and the next scheduled patch after that is Death Star, assuming that it needed a client side patch.

True. I didn't even know about the invincibility until I came here.
  • JoshDamage wrote: »
    NightFury wrote: »
    Those of you complaining are rather pathetic. If you just had patience to wait for DICE, especially when they said that exciting hero update are coming in the future, everything would be fine. We waited for them to rebalance air combat among many other things and they surely delivered. Not only that, there is a new hero mode coming supposedly called Hero Blast. It's a season pass exclusive mode, and you guessed it, it's blast with heroes. This info came from our good friend 'uninspired_zebra' who has been very reliable. Have patience, DICE will do do their best.

Blast with Heroes? Isn't that HvV??

if no infantry and respawn as a hero, then no, not HvV.

Hero Blast will be awesome, but we still need both modes IMO.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • irishtim7 wrote: »
    JoshDamage wrote: »
    NightFury wrote: »
    Those of you complaining are rather pathetic. If you just had patience to wait for DICE, especially when they said that exciting hero update are coming in the future, everything would be fine. We waited for them to rebalance air combat among many other things and they surely delivered. Not only that, there is a new hero mode coming supposedly called Hero Blast. It's a season pass exclusive mode, and you guessed it, it's blast with heroes. This info came from our good friend 'uninspired_zebra' who has been very reliable. Have patience, DICE will do do their best.

Blast with Heroes? Isn't that HvV??

if no infantry and respawn as a hero, then no, not HvV.

Hero Blast will be awesome, but we still need both modes IMO.

• 3 MODES. 2 OF THEM BLAST AND FIGHTER SQUADRON! Who do I blame do I blame the **** who are asking for it or do I blame Dice for listening?
  • Massively underwhelming DLC. I will fulfill my contracts, get my new toys, and never open it again.

• Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    [SNIP]
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by EA_Afista on
  • evans03079
    167 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Mcap wrote: »
    Massively underwhelming DLC. I will fulfill my contracts, get my new toys, and never open it again.

Exactly what I did with Outer Rim and Bespin haha! It's a shame isn't it? It doesn't have to be this way if they just give us what the entire community wants!
  • evans03079 wrote: »
    Another child who only complains without giving constructive feedback. Back to your room son!

Excuse me? My feedback is to stop releasing overpriced DLCs and to start giving what the majority of players want!

You typed "the majority of players", but I think you meant "I".
    Another child who only complains without giving constructive feedback. Back to your room son!

Excuse me? My feedback is to stop releasing overpriced DLCs and to start giving what the majority of players want!

No I meant the majority. Don't try and be cool on a forum.
  • evans03079
    167 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Gingie wrote: »
    [SNIP]

Chill dude you've already done one gif which no one cared about no need for another one
  • That's me out I've said my piece I've got people's attention. I'll end it with Dice better get their thinking cap on because a lot of people are disappointed... Oh and Fighter Squadron is a cancer. Good day
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    [SNIP]

• Staind716
    143 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    evans03079 wrote: »
    Massively underwhelming DLC. I will fulfill my contracts, get my new toys, and never open it again.

Exactly what I did with Outer Rim and Bespin haha! It's a shame isn't it? It doesn't have to be this way if they just give us what the entire community wants!

And I suppose YOU are the voice of the entire community? Get over yourself chuckles. Your opinion isn't any more important than anyone else's. The world doesn't revolve around you. And all the trash talk? Just another whiny keyboard warrior lol
  • AL_GR33N_ wrote: »
    courtsdad wrote: »
    Remember how long it took to fix all of the annoying bugs when OR released?

The fix for bacta bomb released today, about 6 months after it was introduced. Patience really does pay off! Just gotta wait half a year each time.
    I appreciate that not everyone is skilled in mathematics, but I think with a bit of gentle guidance I can help you work this out.

Step 1: remind me when Bespin was released...

Bespin released in June, months after Bacta Bomb.

I understand not everyone has decent memory..

Just checking you were paying attention ;) haha

Still, May > September = 4 months.

I will admit that was a while, but unfortunately, people didn't really start complaining loudly about Bacta until after Bespin had released, and the next scheduled patch after that is Death Star, assuming that it needed a client side patch. I never can figure out what can be patched server side and what requires a client update.

Oh how kind, thanks for keeping me on my toes :p

I don't accept your argument that DICE only had responsibility to patch it after "people complained loudly". They are developers and should suss this stuff out, like they have done with other smaller details in the game, and especially when it's something quite blatant like the bacta glitch. Personally I was abusing the bacta invincibility from the moment it came out!

In my opinion 4 and a half months is simply too long for a bug like that to go untouched. But we all have different standards.
  • Staind716 wrote: »

And I suppose YOU are the voice if the entire community? Get over yourself chuckles. Your opinion isn't any more important than anyone else's. The world doesn't revolve around you. And all the trash talk? Just another whiny keyboard warrior lol

I'm the voice of an entire community? Hell no I don't think of myself as some kind of champion. But don't you blatantly lie to me and tell me that people aren't ****. They are and you know it.

Hilarious. Please read your own quote:
    Who do I blame do I blame the **** who are asking for it or do I blame Dice for listening?

You have absolutely no clue what the majority wants, that much is clear. And if you think they could do a Death Star expansion without spaceship battles, you're even crazier than your rambling, non-coherent posts seem to indicate.
  • OP, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely **** things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

t5EwTrQ.gif

My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • This is gonna be a glorious day.... :D

*grabs popcorn*
    luke.png

Who do I blame do I blame the **** who are asking for it or do I blame Dice for listening?

You have absolutely no clue what the majority wants, that much is clear. And if you think they could do a Death Star expansion without spaceship battles, you're even crazier than your rambling, non-coherent posts seem to indicate.

I certainly do have an idea what the community wants. Death Star will die by next week if they don't add Heroes vs Villains. Hell people are already saying that they've seen enough.
  • Mcap wrote: »

This... that is what I am feeling right now since I cannot stand FS ... AT ALL.

This... that is what I am feeling right now since I cannot stand FS ... AT ALL.

• I'm not a pilot and of my 3,000 matches only three are in FS...but I am STOKED for this. My teammates will likely curse my poor flying skills, but I can't wait to take a run at a star destroyer and the Death Star. IMO, this is the most epic mode of them all...
  • A lot of people had been requesting space battles, trench run was almost a given considering death star location. Bossk and chewie are big adds. A lot of people like blast. I don't know mane, your post comes off as a bit like a rant. Calling people out with inappropriate language is not a good way to get point across. People won't take it seriously and if you actually want HvV to be added this type of post is not the way to communicate it to the devs.
  • Listen up, @evans03079 - each DLC is meant to add content for various player types. The first DLC was for people who enjoy close quarters combat, including Heroes vs Villains. The second DLC was for people who enjoyed the bigger maps and modes like Walker Assault. The third DLC is for people who enjoy fighter squadron.

The DLC packs are extensions of the main game and are meant to give a breadth to the entire gaming community, not just one aspect of it.

For instance, I HATE Heroes vs Villains. I think it's a super lame, super unrealistic, super generic mode... but I know other people love it, so when DICE releases the Hero Blast mode I'm not going to complain because it doesn't fit in with my wheelhouse of modes that I like.

Calm it down. Maybe the Death Star DLC just isn't the DLC pack for you and players like you. I didn't enjoy Bespin but other people are very lovey dovey with that expansion. To each their own. I'm not going to rant/whine about it because EA/DICE is doing a fantastic job of adding content for every type of player.
  • Single player content is what made Star Wars battlefront well Star Wars battlefront without it there's NO replay value I loved when bf2 had content for both kinds of players pvp and pve when I was tired of pvp I'd go and make a playlist of maps I could fight stupid*** bots and play galactic conquest.when I wanted a challenge I'd play pvp....this battlefront has a very biased playstyle being multiplayer and era being only original trilogy being the most bland so from the beginning has not been as good as the previous games
  • RogueKarp wrote: »
    Listen up, @evans03079 - each DLC is meant to add content for various player types. The first DLC was for people who enjoy close quarters combat, including Heroes vs Villains. The second DLC was for people who enjoyed the bigger maps and modes like Walker Assault. The third DLC is for people who enjoy fighter squadron.

The DLC packs are extensions of the main game and are meant to give a breadth to the entire gaming community, not just one aspect of it.

For instance, I HATE Heroes vs Villains. I think it's a super lame, super unrealistic, super generic mode... but I know other people love it, so when DICE releases the Hero Blast mode I'm not going to complain because it doesn't fit in with my wheelhouse of modes that I like.

Calm it down. Maybe the Death Star DLC just isn't the DLC pack for you and players like you. I didn't enjoy Bespin but other people are very lovey dovey with that expansion. To each their own. I'm not going to rant/whine about it because EA/DICE is doing a fantastic job of adding content for every type of player.

Honestly as a big mode fan myself, I wouldn't say Bespin satisfied me as a fan of these modes. We got one big mode map.
    I certainly do have an idea what the community wants.

You mean balanced vehicles in Fighter Squadron? Better hit detection for Fighter Squadron? Space battles? Capital ships to fly around? Which of these are you referring to?
    Death Star will die by next week if they don't add Heroes vs Villains. **** people are already saying that they've seen enough.

The majority of people* don't even like Heroes vs Villains.

*I
    RogueKarp wrote: »
    Listen up, @evans03079 - each DLC is meant to add content for various player types. The first DLC was for people who enjoy close quarters combat, including Heroes vs Villains. The second DLC was for people who enjoyed the bigger maps and modes like Walker Assault. The third DLC is for people who enjoy fighter squadron.

Honestly as a big mode fan myself, I wouldn't say Bespin satisfied me as a fan of these modes. We got one big mode map.

Same, even as much as I enjoy the sabotage chaos. Player count still ain't big enough, it reduced.

DICE have done this since BF3, this DLC ethos should change. DLC should include enough content to satisfy all.
  • RogueKarp wrote: »

All of this. +1000000
  • ANewHue
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dude, just chill out

• Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    ANewHue wrote: »
    Dude, just chill out
    [SNIP]

He's gonna build a wall around this DLC.
  • ANewHue
    46 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dude, just chill out
    [SNIP]

And make DICE pay for it. :wink:
  • Jbstiner
    2666 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dude, just chill out
    [SNIP]

And make the Emperor pay for it...
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    A lot of people had been requesting space battles, trench run was almost a given considering death star location. Bossk and chewie are big adds. A lot of people like blast. I don't know mane, your post comes off as a bit like a rant. Calling people out with inappropriate language is not a good way to get point across. People won't take it seriously and if you actually want HvV to be added this type of post is not the way to communicate it to the devs.

I agree. I love the new DLC, and I love Fighter Squadron. I have the most games in this mode and the most victories. I don't have a single problem with this DLC, in fact I love it. I love the X1 and the Red 5, I love the wing man concept with the different vehicles. This is so awesome
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dude, just chill out
    [SNIP]

And make DICE pay for it. :wink:

With our DLC money. Huehuehue
  • MoistGamer wrote: »
    Do you tell people to go ___ themselves face to face or do you only do that when you're safe at home behind the anonymity of your computer screen.

Let me know how many teeth you've had knocked out of your head.

Preach
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • The most amazing thing about this DLC is how it manages to make a battle station the size of a small Moon feel as if it's the size of a grapefruit. I'm just astonished at how small the Death Star's interior feels. Missed the mark terribly in my opinion.
    RogueKarp wrote: »

• Trumps the lesser of two evils
    The most amazing thing about this DLC is how it manages to make a battle station the size of a small Moon feel as if it's the size of a grapefruit. I'm just astonished at how small the Death Star's interior feels. Missed the mark terribly in my opinion.

• Lonnisity wrote: »
    MoistGamer wrote: »
    Do you tell people to go ___ themselves face to face or do you only do that when you're safe at home behind the anonymity of your computer screen.

Let me know how many teeth you've had knocked out of your head.

Preach

Dude I would though...
  • As I said anyone who defends this half **** 3 mode dlc is a cock sucker

I stand by that
    To paraphrase...

"In my opinion, people aren't entitled to personal opinions. Here is my opinion..."

Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
    To paraphrase...

"In my opinion, people aren't entitled to personal opinions. Here is my opinion..."

People are entitled to their opinion and I'm entitled to say why their opinion is a big pile of **** horse ****
  • Can someone close this thread please.

Who said without? Oh and its not gard to find what most people want but hey, just keep shaking your pom poms
  • Go on flag me. I've had my say and everyone's seen it. A lot of have agreed. Close this comment so I don't have to read anymore excuses and buyers remorse

He wins the thread
    To paraphrase...

People are entitled to their opinion and I'm entitled to say why their opinion is a big pile of **** horse ****

I've always found that the best way to win people over was to insult them...works. every. time.

smh
  • So we finally get the thing a lot of players were wishing for which is space battles and you're crying about it?
    I can't even begin to comprehend your ****, op.