criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• General_Squish
    118 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Overall happy with this DLC. Chewie is a Beast (Literally... of the walking carpet strain), maps are fun, and I love the rebalance to all the Trait and Star Cards. Much needed. Especially the Bacta Bomb, it is more as it originally was designed for. That is Support, not a get out of jail (firefight) free card. Oh, and the FPS drop on PC seems to be fixed on HvV. Lets hope it doesn't return next patch like last time ;) Good on DICE. Thumbs up from me.
  • Please Ea, Please Dice, give us the chance to play more infantery mode on Death Star. We want to play on these maps more than actually ! You work a lot on them and we can't appreciate your work as it deserved to be appreciated !!!
    I'm French, sorry for my mistakes ;)
  • Desiliijic
    560 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    If i remember well, IA fighters now have names, like troops in skirmish.
  • PruneFace89
    23 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    First off let me say the Battle Station game mode has SO MUCH potential and in a lot of ways they knocked it out of the park. Love how are there are hardly any Rebel fighter AIs. Makes it feel a lot like the movie. LOVE the asteroids and tight spaces that you can lose somebody on your tail. All of the adjustments to the flying is a HUGE improvement.

Unfortunately, in more ways EA/Dice shot themselves in the foot as far as gameplay goes. It is WAY too hard for the Rebels to win (or even get to the third phase) especially when you have incompetent teammates. I have not seen the Rebels win once yet after playing at least 10 games, and it's because 1.) there is just barely enough time for the first phase (every time I've completed it, there were less than 10 seconds left) and same for the second phase. Also, you didn't think about the possibility that whoever selects R2 or gets chosen for the trench run, may not play the objective! Several times now I've seen an R2 or trench run participant running the complete opposite way, and the Empire won't shoot at them to end their turn, because they know they are taking time off the clock and then it won't even switch the opportunity to someone else. They need to fix this somehow! And the spawning of the Empire in the hanger when R2 is near the extraction point really screws the Rebels over, because with partner spawning, they literally have unlimited, instantaneous reinforcements. The activation of R2 has an annoying bug too where if you die the second after you activate him, you don't get to control it.

It has so much potential, but as per usual, it falls short based on lack of common sense game design. Seriously, do they even test your own game?? 3 steps forward, 2 steps back as usual.

Also, please beef Luke up (or don't make him freeze literally every two seconds)when he gets hit). And please add more game modes (Heroes vs. Villains especially) to Bespin and Death Star. Definitely still feel ripped off, but it's getting there.
  • My review of the new DLC is quite simple.

Thanks for the new weapons and heroes for Walker assault and other well designed modes in the base game. I won't be playing the DLC maps until we get specific modes like HvsV. I felt the same after Bespin and Outer Rim, though less so with those two. I know people asked for space battles and bravo on the attempt, but every part of the new mode feels token...forced towards an outcome by the movies which is not something that happens in any other mode. You guys said as much in the livestream. This is great if you play rebels...not so great if you are imperials.

Also, do some reading on Wookies before you make Chewie a slow moving, no combat roll plank of wood. I LOVE he is in game...but you need to buff his movement speed. Vader has force jump and saber deflect to offset his lack of speed. Chewie has nothing. I look at how Bossk jumps forward out of harms way and thought to myself...why can't Chewie do that...his species climb massive trees and run around much faster than a human in the films and books. They are hunters and he should not be so slow. He was well able to keep up with Han.

Bossk on the other hand is perfect, which is kinda how I expected it to be. You got it right with dengar, you got it right with Greedo and now Bossk is another very interesting and powerful character. Do you just not like the rebellion very much? Lando was gimped until you overbuffed him. Nien has always been great...but Chewie needs some love.
  • PruneFace89
    23 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Jendoon wrote: »
    My review of the new DLC is quite simple.

Thanks for the new weapons and heroes for Walker assault and other well designed modes in the base game. I won't be playing the DLC maps until we get specific modes like HvsV. I felt the same after Bespin and Outer Rim, though less so with those two. I know people asked for space battles and bravo on the attempt, but every part of the new mode feels token...forced towards an outcome by the movies which is not something that happens in any other mode. You guys said as much in the livestream. This is great if you play rebels...not so great if you are imperials.

Also, do some reading on Wookies before you make Chewie a slow moving, no combat roll plank of wood. I LOVE he is in game...but you need to buff his movement speed. Vader has force jump and saber deflect to offset his lack of speed. Chewie has nothing. I look at how Bossk jumps forward out of harms way and thought to myself...why can't Chewie do that...his species climb massive trees and run around much faster than a human in the films and books. They are hunters and he should not be so slow. He was well able to keep up with Han.

Bossk on the other hand is perfect, which is kinda how I expected it to be. You got it right with dengar, you got it right with Greedo and now Bossk is another very interesting and powerful character. Do you just not like the rebellion very much? Lando was gimped until you overbuffed him. Nien has always been great...but Chewie needs some love.

Have you won as the Rebels? My situation is hopefully an anomaly. I haven't won yet as Rebels or lost as the Empire.
  • Something I've been pretty bummed about ever since Bespin released in March is that you can't play Heroes Vs Villains, which is personally my favorite game mode, on the new DLC's. I remember when Outer Rim released you were able to play Heroes Vs Villains on most, if not all, of the maps. The gameplay did change a bit because now there were 4 Villains and 4 Heroes playing on a map. Yet, even though I'm happy with Heroes Vs Villains being in Outer Rim, it wasn't executed right. I have a PS4 and when I open Battlefront 3, select multiplayer, and highlight the Outer Rim, Bespin, or Death Star expansion packs I can press square to 'select game mode'. With Outer Rim I would select Heroes Vs Villains and join a server which was a mixed game mode/mixed map server. So essentially I would play one match of Heroes Vs Villains and then the next match would be something like "Blast" or "Extraction". This makes no sense because for the base game you can join mixed map servers that solely run the Heroes Vs Villains game mode (or solely run any other game mode). You should be able to join similar servers for the Outer Rim DLC. Furthermore, Bespin and Death Star should both have Heroes Vs Villain game modes. And all Season Pass holders, or players who own all DLC's, should be able to play Heroes Vs Villains (or most any other game mode) on servers that includes all base game maps and all DLC map's. It doesn't make sense to discontinue the staple game modes in the base game. All of your DLC content should include the most popular game modes from the base game. Most other FPS games I can think of such as Battlefield or Call of Duty always keep staple game modes like Conquest or Team Death Match or Domination. Why fix something that isn't broken? Aside from the feedback thanks for all the hard work DICE!
  • Death Star dlc looks amazing and I do really enjoy it but would be nice if there were more ground based games like Cargo. Would also be nice to be able to choose what game you play, Battle Station is great but if your no good at the flying side of the game then it spoils it a bit as this takes up most of the new mode. If you could choose what game mode you want then at least you could stick to ground based games without it rotating. When you go into multiplayer if you just select either the original game or a dlc it would rotate the game mode but if you press square (PS4) on one of these, then you get to choose what game mode to play and it stays on it and rotates the different locations.

Would be nice when rotating the location if you could mix the locations from the original game and dlc packs (or just dlc packs), if you bought the season pass.
  • Just reiterating what a lot of people have already said. 3 game modes is very disappointing. Obviously Turning Point and Walker Assault make no sense but Droid run and Cargo should be a no brainer. The lock on changes seem to be a little much during the fighter missions. Feels like a while different game to me.

Can't wait to try out the skin customization tho.

And for God's sake, Can someone finally fix the triggering of the orbital strike? Please?
  • Needs more infantry modes. Just Blast is a joke to be fair
  • Can we expect to see more infantry based game modes in the death Star dlc, such as cargo sabatoge droid run ECT. I really enjoy the dlc, but the lack of infantry based combat is kinda boring.
  • Do I shoot my own ship? As a tie fighter I get a blue attack bar/sign on the star destroyer, very odd.
    Not very constructive, but i have to say it's not as good as the bespin update, that was awesome peeps.
    This update feels like a flash in the pan and I can't see me playing it for much longer than one, maybe two days at best.
    Would have liked a hero hunt in the death star too, but hey ho back to bespin I go.
  • Please make y wings, b wings, tie defenders, and tie bombers flyable and please make them usable in skirmish, id also really like to see more customization for skirimish

Theres a couple othee things id like to see like a mos eisley map, and traits for your vanilla heroes
  • Nice view in space, but if you don't like flying, this dlc is not so good. Its needs an extra map with extraction, sabotage, droid run... Anything without flying :smile:
  • Please fix load times on xbox one
  • Where are the new hero skins we were promised? No one has mentioned it.
  • What up with that motion blur? its almost like The Jacksons - Blame It On the Boogie effect in the video XD it's distracting

also Battlestion first stage needs new spawn points. even when i kill myself 19 times the rebels dont win.. half of the people dont play the mission, and the other half cant reach the target in time to do damage.
    Also in Stage 2 R2D2 can go beyond the extraction point where the empire spawn, its imposible to get to him when that happens.

there are soms bugs where the music stops playing at the beging of a match.

with love! bye
  • jtbesquire wrote: »
    Where are the new hero skins we were promised? No one has mentioned it.

They didn't make it. Will be released later on apparently
  • As I said in another thread, i'd rather watch clips of Jar Jar Binks then play the POS DLC that forces tyou to play the way they want to.
  • Worst dlc yet. One game mode for boots on the ground is an absolute joke not to mention when you spawn as imperial you walk two steps and plummet to your death. Witnessing this and starcard changes made my blood boil. Did we really pay for such a pathetic game, its becoming a noobs paradise i personally am growing to dislike battlefront for its constant changes and hardly any content in DLC . We pay these guys to make our experiance fun and more entertaining but the deathstar is none of these things. Its a tell tale sign they dont give a ***** just aslong as they make it look good to fool us into buying it. Gonna leave this off with save your money, you dont want to buy something you love one week to let them change the next week to suit themselves or some random noob they listen to. May the force slap sense into EA and these developers.
  • DARTH_TED wrote: »
    Looks amazing.

Still not a fan of rotations. I want to play whatever the **** I want to play. Isn't that what we pay for?

Good ideas bad implementation.

heah hear
  • Just played 2 rounds of Battle Station and Rebels won both times so is quite doable. Was really fun..Just dont see me playing it that long. All 3 phases is a bit exhausting. Really needs HvV and Turning point added. Also higher blast score like 200
  • I don't like the way that the flying has been played about with the lock on is awful i was chasing after a player when it locked on to a different player and made me lose what i was aiming at. could you please change the lock on back to how it was before you screwed around with it. could you please also change the Ty interceptor back as it is now even worse than it was before. I think if you changed or at leas let you chose how you want the lock on for flying part of the game i would enjoy the new DLC better because at the moment I REALLY REALLY HATE IT.
  • Sorry to say this but I really dislike the new Death Star option. I fought as both Imperial and Rebel and it's way to easy as a Rebel in the Death Star - we win with 5-7 minutes left every time. Also, the trench part is also way too easy for the Rebels. I seem dot recall only 4 ships surviving in the movie and he they easily dominate. It was a good idea but it's either way too easy as a rebel or way too hard an an imperial. Either way, it sucks.
  • heybhouse wrote: »
    Sorry to say this but I really dislike the new Death Star option. I fought as both Imperial and Rebel and it's way to easy as a Rebel in the Death Star - we win with 5-7 minutes left every time. Also, the trench part is also way too easy for the Rebels. I seem dot recall only 4 ships surviving in the movie and he they easily dominate. It was a good idea but it's either way too easy as a rebel or way too hard an an imperial. Either way, it sucks.

Weird! My experience has been the exact opposite! Empire demolishes every time (when I'm on either side). Rebels aren't even close. Anyone else?
  • Im a bit confused and dissapointed as Bespin has loads of modes. So bought season pass last week and find DS has just 3!?
  • When Outer Rim and Bespin came out, I played each one heavily for a while. I've tried out Death Star once and I'm not sure I'll even bother clicking on it again because... I. Do. Not. Want. To. Play. Spaceships.

I already was leaving games when I was forced into playing FS in the Bespin playlist. At least it didn't pop all that often in Bespin and I could go days or weeks happily playing Sabotage and all the other infantry modes before FS popped.

The only way to avoid ship modes in Death Star is to select Blast, play one game, leave when it finishes and the next space ship mode starts, and repeat. It's not worth the hassle. The Death Star infantry maps don't even look that good visually to me compared to the base game and first 2 DLCs. I don't feel I'll really miss anything by never clicking Death Star.

I guess there still are the 2 new heroes and the new Hutt contracts, weapons, and star cards. But overall I'd say my first impression is this is a very disappointing DLC.

Hopefully the Rogue One DLC will be have multiple infantry modes to capitalize on the release of the new movie. If Rogue One doesn't have Walker Assault, something is very wrong with EA/DICE.
  • I just want to play H Vs V in the Death Star DLC no playlist pls!!!!!!!
  • I feel like the trailer was quite misleading. A lot of the footage was from phase 2 of battle station which only lasts 10 minutes, and thats if you even get to it!

• Desiliijic wrote: »
    If i remember well, IA fighters now have names, like troops in skirmish.

If this is the case... I understand that it could've been an AI pilot. But he also got the most kills award in the match! I still see a problem here! Maybe it's the fact that NPCs are getting one shot kills!!!
  • Played it, didn't hate it, but got frustrated by it.

These are the issues that I've had with this new update:
    • The spawn locations in phase 1 of Battle Station are too far away, especially for the Rebels. You spend so long getting to the Star Destroyer only to get blown up very easily because...
    • It seems like the fighters have been weakened to such a degree that they can have half their health taken away with just a couple of shots from an enemy fighter.
    • That being said, it seems to have become harder to hit your opponent. The hit box seems to be registering hits judging from all the sparks being made, but the enemy fighter is taking little to no damage.
    • The lock-on overheat doesn't help matters either and is by far the worst new feature of this update. Holding down the lock-on button does not create an imbalance to the fighter gameplay and should never have been added. So many of my opponents, including AI, are escaping me because my lock-on overheats before my blasters do. Please remove this awful feature.
    • In phase 2 of Battle Station, the control of R2-D2 needs to be improved. Some players are ignoring the objective and it hurts the team. Players need to be encouraged to play the objective, so perhaps some sort of timed checkpoint system where the player must reach a set distance from the extraction point within a set period of time could resolve this matter.
    • Players chosen for the trench run in phase 3 of Battle Station are being beaten far too easily because not only can opposing fighters see them and therefore gang up on them, the fighters are (as stated before) seemingly much weaker than before but it is also difficult to tell when you have been chosen and where best to enter the trench. There needs to be a better notification of selection as well better direction for where to enter the trench. Furthermore, instead of marking the chosen runners for everyone, only 6-10 Imperial players should be able to see who the trench runners are. The rebels, equally, would not be able to see who the chasers are. However, as this could make trench run too easy, each chosen runner should only have to do a small section of the trench and not all of it therefore allowing other players to do it too.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Please place Fighter Squadron AI reinforcement tokens in locations in which Y-Wings, Tie Defenders, etc. won't IMMEDIATELY crash upon spawn
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • LysdexicsUntied
    2034 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @Witness2angels Where do I begin.
    Now we need dlc maps in skirmish I paid money to play them when I shouldnt have had to!

The latest info from any dev was Dennis on Twitter, he said "More on that later." At least that means there is, in fact more or something coming :)

Ask "Dennis" if I can get a refund for this GARBAGE GAME

Ignoring the fact that at least 4 of your 13 total posts are responding to me (problem with me, you have?), you actually went so far as to change my quote on this one. That last line was never written by me. Congratulations, you successfully misquoted me.
    @Banzai_Eddie I take it you also "really really dont like" that grammar stuff, either? Maybe wait until you have played the DLC before having a go at it in what I think may be English. And by the way, "have only 3 modes?"... THE THING THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IN THE DLC'S SO FAR IS THE PLAYLISTS!!! So what, do you want less playlists, or more modes? Make up your minds already...

Why u being a **** bag? It's obvious this guy is German because he wrote ist..I registered on this site just to report your nastiness..

"Because he wrote "ist"? Now I actually think your pulling my leg, because if you can't see that's a typo and not German... well then I would reconsider who the "An al retentive attention who're" is. Speaking of which:
    I registered on this site just to report your nastiness..

This coming from the person who has spent most of his time calling me a "An al retentive attention who're", a "bum licker" and a "a **** bag". Since then you have stalked me and commented on a week old and not REMOTELY nasty thread of mine. Nice. Maybe I did go a bit too hard on BanzaiEddie, but we got a DEATH STAR DLC, and people are complaining about having to fly in a space battle mode. Honestly, what did they expect?
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • What's the point of spawning tie bombers, defenders, Bwings and Ywings if you can't fly them?
  • Geminirx wrote: »
    What's the point of spawning tie bombers, defenders, Bwings and Ywings if you can't fly them?

So they can say "See, Look right here! We DID add more vehicles."
  • If anyone is actually mad that the Stormtroopers are forced to wear helmets ... Wait until the new hero skins get added! I'm betting Luke and Han don't have helmets! At least I hope not...
  • raafie1987 wrote: »
    DARTH_TED wrote: »
    Looks amazing.

Still not a fan of rotations. I want to play whatever the **** I want to play. Isn't that what we pay for?

Good ideas bad implementation.

heah hear

Seriously, if I click on Blast it's because I want to play blast. Not have to exit the game mode and find another blast map again

Waste of my time and A typical of the type of ***** thinking that has gone on with this development team.

• I am going to be blatantly honest. There is more content and more to do in the BASE GAME of Battlefront 2 (does it even have expansion packs?) than there is to do in Battlefront 3, even after 3 DLC's have been released. So, to compare, I spent $40 or less on Battlefront 2 (bought it a few years after release) and played it for years--mostly solely playing offline with a friend vs. bots--and I spent $110 (I'm a sucker and bought the Season Pass) on Battlefront 3 which I hardly play. This game has been this biggest rip off of the year, aside from No Man's Sky. I would've much rather played a remastered version of Battlefront 2 than Battlefront 3.
  • Everyone's already said it numerous times. DICE you created such a great game in terms of visuals and I think the gameplay is great too. I'm really enjoying the Death Star DLC currently.....pretty sure I'll be playing it all weekend. A few things I'd like to say though (if this post will even get read).....

While you've captured the "Assaulting a Star Destroyer" and a fully functional "Trench Run" many believe you content that was meant to be put into this DLC is being held for lets hope an update in the future namely the B-Wing, Y-Wing, Tie Bombee, Tie Defender. Please listen to the community and make Star Wars dreams come true. The Wing-Man AI thing though is pretty legit, don't get rid of it, just add the vehicles we are requesting.

Second, this new game mode "Battle Stations"....awesome idea. The first portion of having to take down a Star Destroyer (by actually correctly disabling key shield and structure points is awesome. I was curious if this first portion of "Assaulting a Capitol Class Starship" would possibly be able to be added to the other maps that already have fighter squadron on them. Key point there are Correllian Corvettes and Mon Calamari Cruisers visible in MANY different maps. Could we get a mode that would pit rebel fighters vs imperial fighters, and a Star Destroyer vs Mon Calamari/Corvette possibly? Just a thought.

Last, if the Rebels Wins on Battle Stations, awesome, we see the Death Star in all its glory blow up.....but what "cool" thing happens when the Empire wins? Where is the SUPERLASER!!!!! We want to see a planet get destroyed by the Death Star!!!!!!!!! You guys listened when fans asked that the shield generators be destroyed by the AT-AT on Echo Base.....make the authenticity your priority as you have in the past here.

Thanks for listening Dice,

Respectfully, A Star Wars Fan
  • Arockstar2
    707 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Am I missing something about them adding/allowing more heroes in large game modes? Just played a Supremacy match with 7 heroes on the battlefield at once, and six of them were on one team!
  • Arockstar2 wrote: »
    Am I missing something about them adding/allowing more heroes in large game modes? Just played a Supremacy match with 7 heroes on the battlefield at once, and six of them were on one team!
    It's a glitch that will be fixed in next month's patch.

• You should get more points for the use of R2.
  • Ovalcircle wrote: »
    Arockstar2 wrote: »
    It's a glitch that will be fixed in next month's patch.
    Aww that sucks if it is really a glitch. Oh well, having that many heroes on the field at the same time would probably get to be frustrating.
  • I was looking forward to playing the Death Star DLC the most out of all of the DLCs, and now that I have, well it is underwhelming and under-delivering. I have not played that much yet but so far this DLC is a big disappointment and not living up to the hype. Too bad because if this is the best EA/DICE has then I'll probably be passing on SWBF2.
    Maybe if I play it some more I might change my opinion, idk...
    I really really really do not like the playlist.
    #StarWars-y
  • I love the expansion!! However there are some improvements that could be made.

1. I couldn't really find the enemy most of the time during the first phase, the dots are so small. I think a bracket would be better instead of a dot.

2. Tiebomber/Ywing Wingmen one shotting from across the map??

3. Didn't like the TIE interceptor laser barrage, you only have a small amount of time to use the lockon and the laser barrage, most of the time I wasted it.

4. Ships felt a lot weaker HP wise.

5. New customization unlocks are locked behind a level 90 wall..... Imperial Officers and Death Star troopers... I want to play with these skins NOW.
  • Please make the first stage diversion easier for rebels too many imperial victories leading to no 2 stage

• Last, if the Rebels Wins on Battle Stations, awesome, we see the Death Star in all its glory blow up.....but what "cool" thing happens when the Empire wins? Where is the SUPERLASER!!!!! We want to see a planet get destroyed by the Death Star!!!!!!!!!

That's genius!! That should absolutely be a thing.

"Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Hate the new sharpshooter buff - rewards people for camping, also where you used to sacrifice a blaster's range for damage, now there's no worry, just zoom and shoot.

Bacta upgrade I also dislike (and I use Bacta from time to time in Blast and Sabotage modes) - i've already seen players spamming the Bacta bomb as they jet pack around the map.
  • Some Feedback:
    _ Awesome Graphics.
    - Need "Pilot-able/ Flyable" Y-Wings, B-Wings, Tie Bombers, Tie Defenders, not just AI.
    - Of Course Skirmish in DLC. (battlestation vs. bots = EPIC)
    - New hero ships need to be use-able in Skirmish Fighter Squadron, I paid for DLC.

@Sledgehammer70 @Guillaume-Dice Keep up the good work! :)
    #SoloPlayersMatter: Skirmish was officially confirmed as Arcade Join us on Facebook (870+ members) and on Twitter!

• 1. Please add more modes to the DLC playlist so that we have more time to roam around the beautiful interior maps that team created.

2. Add the vehicle power ups and hero aircraft to Skirmish's Fighter Squadron

3. Add more vehicle power ups to the first phase of battle station. I love seeing new vehicles in the game and also think it will give the Rebels the slight edge they need to take down the Star Destroyer more often.