criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• Buff the bryar pistol. It's lacking. Increase the rate of fire.
  • Laserking wrote: »
    Battle Station, Blast, Sabotage, Extraction, this should be the list of game modes when you play the Death Star DLC

• Ovalcircle wrote: »
    Arockstar2 wrote: »
    Am I missing something about them adding/allowing more heroes in large game modes? Just played a Supremacy match with 7 heroes on the battlefield at once, and six of them were on one team!
    It's a glitch that will be fixed in next month's patch.

No reason in the world patches should take as long as they do with these guys. Add to that the lack if even the mist basic testing in the past and they should be embarrassed and then fired. Lazy and incompetent management. Of course thats nothing new in the gaming world.
  • Sumptiz wrote: »
    Matchmaking Suck :neutral:

In Extraction, when you grab the hero icon, instead of it auto choosing the one it's supposed to for that level, it goes to an unavailable hero and sometimes freezes. Only way to get out, is quit. Also in Heroes vs Villains, it says that certain heroes/villains have been defeated when a soldier was killed. Obviously still some bugs to work out. [PS4]
  • Okay, I'm noticing a flaw in this 3-gamemode playlist.

First time playing Death Star, get put into a game of Battle Station as the Empire. The Rebels were not able to complete the objective of Star Destoyer. We win.

Next match is Fighter Squadron, same map, Imperial blockade as the Rebels. We win, whatever.

Third match was Battle Station as the Empire, and ONCE AGAIN the Rebels failed to complete the objective. Fourth match was Battle Station once again, which I didn't even join because I had things to do.

But that's four rounds on the Imperial Blockade in a row. That's a little sad, huh?
  • There's a lot I could say, but most of it's been expressed here already and I don't want to get drawn into the same arguments as everyone else is. But I do have one question.

Where the heck is the win bonus? It's not present in any mode for the Death Star playlists. I can kind of understand it not being in battle station because you already get HEAPS of XP (it would still be nice though), but not having it in Blast?
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Hey there folks! In an interest to keep things easier on our Dev team I've created two threads.
    This one for all of you who are not pleased with the DLC and have constructive feedback. And it's counter part For positive feedback:

https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/57518/death-star-dlc-love-and-positive-feedback/p1

Please share your thoughts. Please do so constructively and within the guidelines of the forum ""I hate it because it is bad" does not count as helpful. ;-)

Please be sure to also include the reasons why you feel how you do.
    If it's bugs, include the platform you use.

Thanks!
    -Jaywal
    Post edited by Jaywal on
    May the force be with you.
  • Lock overheat has got to go :-( only negative from me
  • Lock overheat has got to go :-( only negative from me

Be sure to include the why :-)
    May the force be with you.
  • add dlc content to skirmish already.
  • What happened to our promised Hero outfits?
  • Should probably go under feedback but just from a few games of Death Star (and as soon as I read the patch notes) I noticed berserker is broken.

Hip fire makes up 90% of this game (for any good player who knows accuracy isn't affected by ADS) so now the trait boosts your blaster's damage at all times?! Not even when you're low on health? I can't believe this would happen.

Thank goodness they balanced the Bacta bomb, it looks to be fairly fixed (though I still disagree with the instant 0-100 concept altogether) but now we have a new problem. You are automatically at a severe disadvantage in any even gunfight if your opponent has berserker. I expect there to be nothing but Berserker users on the battlefront very soon.
    Just another sniping YouTuber.
  • 3 modes. 2 of them being Blast and Fighter Squadron which are some of the most hated modes. Maps are awful. The new heros look and play like *****.
  • CloneAssassin501
    1828 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The pickups need to actually respawn on the first phase of B-Station. Right now it's impossible to get a health/cooldown because by the time you need one, it's already gone and it won't be coming back.

EDIT: This is on PS4 BTW.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Bjankins1
    490 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/57517/new-animation-ideas-for-the-death-star-dlc-and-other-game-modes#latest

I wrote it out in general game feedback and i noticed this and though it would good to post it here

Its nothing negative but some great ideas to make this dlc really inmersive
  • The pickups need to actually respawn on the first phase of B-Station. Right now it's impossible to get a health/cooldown because by the time you need one, it's already gone and it won't be coming back.

All icons need to respawn, including support fighters.
  • i think cargo, extraction and possibly HvV should be added to the playlist. even modes like droid run and sabotage would be cool too. it would appeal to a much larger crowd, and the FS dudes can still have a great time.
  • I'll go. Phase I of Battle Station. It is not really clear where on the star destroyer you are supposed to target. Especially the last part - the bridge maybe? Eventually you Learn with trial and error, but the first couple of rounds are confusing.

Love flying and the inclusion of it as a focus of this DLC, but I agree with others. The Death Star begs for more infantry modes. HvV, droid run would make great additions
  • Think if we added hvV and a few other modes and got rid of the playlist everyone would he satisfied being forced to play Fs and Battle Station is annoying.
  • I Think the t50 needs buff
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    Can we please get players to include their platform of choice so its easier to identify if a problem is on all platforms or a specific platform?
    Thank you @Jaywal for being so organised ❤❤
  • I was anticipating this DLC for months now, but there are only 3 modes, one Fighter Squad, one Blast, one Combo FS/Blast.
    This is lazy and unacceptable.
    In other DLC packs, when Fighter Squad shows up in the rotation, everyone drops out of the game and reloads. Now, 2 of the 3 modes have FS gameplay and they all rotate.
    The problem with the FS modes is there is no customization, nothing unique about your player and the gameplay goes on for far too long. It's intensely boring.

No new mission modes?
    Blast is the most uninspired of all the mission modes. Why not have a Prison Break mode where rebels start in the detention center, shut down tractor beams, then head to the hangar?
    Why no Cargo, Extraction, Droid Run? Anything that has an objective to it?!

For the life of me, I cannot understand what I'm supposed to be doing in the Trench Run sequence.

My friends and I stopped playing after our games couldn't get past the first Star Destroyer sequence and we ended up replaying it over and over again.
    After and hour, we stopped and went back to Bespin.

Very disappointing
  • If the DLC's, especially the new Battlestation mode, were featured in offline content for skirmishes or missions, that would be superb. As it stands I often can't find enough people playing in the exclusive DLC playlists in order to actually find a game, so all that content is really lost unless you make it playable offline.

Perhaps including a new mission were you re-enact Battlestation mode would be amazing.
  • Forced playlist is awful yet again, especially in Death Star because of the high volume of Fighter Squadron. Remove the playlist.

3 modes is a joke - add new modes. Supremacy, Extraction, whatever, get 'em in.

• IcedFreon
    876 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Get gud
  • The game gets stuck loading between stages A LOT. also, Chewie's skin texture is like 8-bit or something.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    I'm still not sure why so many people thought the destruction of the Death Star would focus so much on ground combat.
  • zoodc wrote: »
    I'm still not sure why so many people thought the destruction of the Death Star would focus so much on ground combat.

+1
  • Same. I didn't feel like wasting my time on flying modes so I ended up playing more Outer Rim than Death Star today. Sad.
  • Customization is now a 10/10

Game type modes featuring the new maps is a 0/10
  • New maps need more modes. That is seriously lazy
  • TL-50 is stupidly powerful against vehicles and the AT-AT (does damage faster than Ion Grenade), as well as infantry. This weapon is insanely overpowered and needs a nerf.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1809 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Overall, Battlestation mode is cool but there is no variety. Its the same 3 phases over and over. Phase 2 especially should have several maps to rotate through like what they had for Extraction on Outer Rim. They could mix up the battle scenes and scenarios for Phase 1 with more fighter squadron.

The bottom line is, just like with Supremacy and Walker Assault in the launch game, here's another cool concept without the variety to keep people playing it for long. The most unique game modes that should have been the prime selling point of this game have gotten the least amount of content.

Also, the servers are having drastic issues booting people, especially in the 40 man modes like Supremacy.

I think they need to give us 4 good 20 v 20 large maps for the Rogue One DLC. If they do that, then they are going to make a lot more people happy than they expect and grab some good will going forward for Battlefront 2.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Overall, Battlestation mode is cool but there is no variety. Its the same 3 phases over and over. Phase 2 especially should have several maps to rotate through like what they had for Extraction on Outer Rim. They could mix up the battle scenes and scenarios for Phase 1 with more fighter squadron.

The bottom line is, just like with Supremacy and Walker Assault in the launch game, here's another cool concept without the variety to keep people playing it for long. The most unique game modes that should have been the prime selling point of this game have gotten the least amount of content.

Also, the servers are having drastic issues booting people, especially in the 40 man modes like Supremacy.

I think they need to give us 4 good large maps for the Rogue One DLC. If they do that, then they are going to make a lot more people happy than they expect and grab some good will going forward for Battlefront 2.
    Without demands by pilots for Space Battles, you as a community wouldnt even have the Death Star. So as to unique modes being the prime selling points, like Battle Station and Fighter Squadron, well, try thanking the pilots since its thier unique modes that got it( Death Star ) for you in the first place.

• Add the game modes HvV, cargo & droid run to Death Star DLC. Make 2 playlists (like you did in Skirmish): One playlist just for Battle Station & FS and other playlist for Blast, HvV, Cargo & droid run. This could solve all problem.

And please... Make an improves with the new skins, the new uniforms. They look like the old Battlefront. This game is extremelly beautifull in graphics , You can't give us the option to put a female head in a male base body... Female characters looks horribles in the new uniforms (A female in a X-Wing pilot suit looks like She-Hulk). Don't be lazy with this details, ruins all aesthetical.
  • Imperial Officers and Death Star troopers locked behind a level 90 wall......... I want to play with these new skins now!
  • Modes!!!!!!!!!! I do NOT enjoy playing any form of fighter squadron so that leaves me with 1 mode blast!!!? seriously?? I ended up playing Bespin with other season pass holders as Chewie was in every game I played!
  • I thought Disruption as supposed to be nerfed? People still use it without Disrupting themselves. It's a free kill button in Death Star

Also, the first stage of Death Star mode needs more power-up spawns. I only see like one ship power-up each side at the start of the match and that's it
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1809 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dotty wrote: »

I think they need to give us 4 good large maps for the Rogue One DLC. If they do that, then they are going to make a lot more people happy than they expect and grab some good will going forward for Battlefront 2.
    Without demands by pilots for Space Battles, you as a community wouldnt even have the Death Star. So as to unique modes being the prime selling points, like Battle Station and Fighter Squadron, well, try thanking the pilots since its thier unique modes that got it( Death Star ) for you in the first place.

Seems your looking for a thank you so...thanks. haha I prefer getting Battlestation mode over just 4 more small maps I won't play like the other DLCs. But I was including Supremacy and Walker Assault also as being unique and prime selling points for this game. Thats 20 v 20 modes which have yet to get a single map in 3 paid DLC map packs.
  • Time for me to kill and enemy fighter is any where from 5-10 seconds if I'm directly behind them. Yet my fighter gets destroyed or severely damaged (10 hp or less) within literally 1-2 seconds and without a lock on warning. Hit detection/dusting in the aerial/space battles is bad. I can go through multiple overheat cycles while seeing the sparks and explosions on the enemy. This is the biggest thing killing it for me. And why I'm playing vanilla maps. I'm on XB1. I have great internet. Hit detection is fine on every non fighter thing in the game
  • ND513 wrote: »
    Time for me to kill and enemy fighter is any where from 5-10 seconds if I'm directly behind them. Yet my fighter gets destroyed or severely damaged (10 hp or less) within literally 1-2 seconds and without a lock on warning. Hit detection/dusting in the aerial/space battles is bad. I can go through multiple overheat cycles while seeing the sparks and explosions on the enemy. This is the biggest thing killing it for me. And why I'm playing vanilla maps. I'm on XB1. I have great internet. Hit detection is fine on every non fighter thing in the game

I've noticed the same. I think there's some serious lag issues going on with the servers.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016

Seems your looking for a thank you so...thanks. haha I prefer getting Battlestation mode over just 4 more small maps I won't play like the other DLCs. But I was including Supremacy and Walker Assault also as being unique and prime selling points for this game. Thats 20 v 20 modes which have yet to get a single map in 3 paid DLC map packs.
    Based on what we know so far: Rogue One being the next DLC, the ATCT(variation of an ATAT) being in Rogue One, Id say that WA, TP, SP and other large modes will be the primary focus for that DLC.

We all had to take turns waiting.
    CQC was first.
    Medium was second.
    Flying was 3rd.
    Large may be last but its definitely a strong possibilty due to Rogue One.

• WookieeBoost
    80 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Tench Run (PC)

When you get selected for a trench run, it should be more obvious, since in the heat of the battle I dont check the messages on the side. I just get irritated by the fact that I cant shoot any missiles anymore. Maybe a coloured outline for a few secs on your vehicle would help, if others are having this issue aswell.

I also think it is a bit sad that he trooper heads got removed without any compensation credits. Mean we were spending credits on unlocking them and now they are gone ...

A side question. Proximity mines. If I hear them and beeping and using a jetpack to get away, I still explode in the air, even if I was far away when it goes off. Is this lag or what?
  • First off let me say the Battle Station game mode has SO MUCH potential and in a lot of ways they knocked it out of the park. Love how are there are hardly any Rebel fighter AIs. Makes it feel a lot like the movie. LOVE the asteroids and tight spaces that you can lose somebody on your tail. All of the adjustments to the flying is a HUGE improvement.

Unfortunately, in more ways EA/Dice shot themselves in the foot as far as gameplay goes. It is WAY too hard for the Rebels to win (or even get to the third phase) especially when you have incompetent teammates. I have not seen the Rebels win once yet after playing at least 10 games, and it's because 1.) there is just barely enough time for the first phase (every time I've completed it, there were less than 10 seconds left) and same for the second phase. Also, you didn't think about the possibility that whoever selects R2 or gets chosen for the trench run, may not play the objective! Several times now I've seen an R2 or trench run participant running the complete opposite way, and the Empire won't shoot at them to end their turn, because they know they are taking time off the clock and then it won't even switch the opportunity to someone else. They need to fix this somehow! And the spawning of the Empire in the hanger when R2 is near the extraction point really screws the Rebels over, because with partner spawning, they literally have unlimited, instantaneous reinforcements. The activation of R2 has an annoying bug too where if you die the second after you activate him, you don't get to control it.

It has so much potential, but as per usual, it falls short based on lack of common sense game design. Seriously, do they even test your own game?? 3 steps forward, 2 steps back as usual.

Also, please beef Luke up (or don't make him freeze literally every two seconds)when he gets hit). And please add more game modes (Heroes vs. Villains especially) to Bespin and Death Star. Definitely still feel ripped off, but it's getting there.
  • Stormtrooper007
    409 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Chewbacca
    Against heroes he's a tank if he has multi bolts except dengar however he's quite average apart from that and his accuracy if you stand still changes if you shoot at the same place eg. Shoot a turret twice only one shot will hit
    No.
    It's all wrong.
    Chewie is just so... unchewie. Firstly he needs to be just as fast as Vader in HvV he can't keep up with the team.
    Secondly once you activate his roar you should be able to keep attacking but you have to wait 2 seconds
    Also why on earth can Chewie not combat roll- yes he's tall but combined with his slow speed he is left open to attacks he cannot escape

His bowcaster should one shot infantry due to his incredibly slow fire rate and perhaps a slight guidance system as it's quite hard to hit people in the chest and up with his bowcaster
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Okay love the graphics as always Dice. Now for the disappointing things about the Deathstar DLC.
    (1.) Where is the catwalk that Obi Wan walked out on to shut down the Tractor Beam? It seems no where to be found. All the similar catwalks have extra catwalks jutting out of them.

(2.) The Trash Compactor door is all wrong. It's to close to the floor. Watch the movie the door is 1' 4" down to the floor from the door. The water is up to their knees.
    (3.) Why is there no trash compactor Dianoga monster and no water? Really? This one really hurt my feelings. I was very excited to see it.

(4.) Where is mouse droids? *Cudos for having the Deathstar Droid though. :)

(5.) You need arrows assisting people to find objectives on the Deathstar surface, it was very confusing. Trying to follow the objective beacon I wound up entering trenches only to have to turn around a lot, it is ultra confusing.

(6.) I know towards the end in the movie the turrets are shut off but why are they not shooting at us in the start of the Deathstar Surface mission. *Yes they randomly fire at you at one check point section but please fix the ones at the start so it's more movie like.

(7.) Also why isn't one of the objectives to take out turrets on the surface?

*Grant it I had fun despite all this, but it ultimately left my heart feeling empty. I really wanted those things in the game.
    Quick over all game summary...
    You see Dice it's like I've always said you get the big stuff right, it's the little things that kill you:
    No living Rancor. No Wampas attacking. No Sarlac attacking. No Taun Taun to ride and now no water with a Dianoga in the trash compactor room. The little things guys...the little things.
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • Also SKIRMISH the infamous hero token bug remains like c'mon this has been around for months and makes skirmish incredibly annoying and what's more it seems with the new update they have removed some tokens so it's even harder to find a working one (PS4)
    rWnfFLl.gif
  • Dotty wrote: »

Based on what we know so far: Rogue One being the next DLC, the ATCT(variation of an ATAT) being in Rogue One, Id say that WA, TP, SP and other large modes will be the primary focus for that DLC.

We all had to take turns waiting.
    CQC was first.
    Medium was second.
    Flying was 3rd.
    Large may be last but its definitely a strong possibilty due to Rogue One.

Yeah and the philosophy that has split this community 3 ways is a large reason for all the negativity. That after launching this game with no single player and only 4 maps for WA and SP. Battlestation mode in itself would probably be well received if other game modes like WA and SP were well taken care of with more content.

I certainly hope they commit Rogue One to being 20 v 20 DLC with 4 good maps to close this out.

And I hope for Battlefront 2 they realize how bad this map split has been on the community. They need to borrow Battlefield's map philosophy. Every map in Battlefront 2 needs to primarily support the large game modes. Then they can make smaller cut out versions of each map for the smaller game modes. That way both small and large mode communities will be well taken care of. Then they can add maps for the Fighter Squadron and do a Battlestation mode DLC like this one with minimal complaints.

Notice the Battlefield forums are not littered with people complaining about content. Its because every game mode from the 64 player conquest down to Team Deathmatch is well taken care of at launch and with each DLC.