criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• Scarrod99
    419 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Negatives:
    - Too little ground combat. If your team sucks the second phase is over in a minute and it takes 15mins to be able to play it again. The overall concept of the mode with three phases is great and it's implemented nicely. And if you'd add more old modes in the mix the whole hit and run story thing doesn't hold water anymore. Maybe there could be side missions (small map modes) for the rescue team while R2-D2 is being rescued. Rebels need to take out tractor beam or disable anti air defence aiming system or something so that they can escape.
    - Chewie is too slow. I know that he's slow and big, but now he can't compensate it. You can't keep up with others in HvsV and if others don't stick with you and enemy team flanks you get wrecked.
  • Well, this is a feedback section, yes? Here is my neatly and politely listed feedback - whether or not it will get read by anyone that matters, I don't know. But, for what its worth... Help me, @FireWall... You are my only hope.
    • Starfighter Bugs/Issues:
      • TIE/IN lockons do not give warnings to rebel ships. Major problem in all flying modes.
      • TIE Defender/Bomber and B-wing/Y-wing are ridiculously overpowered. Not a nerf-call, just a request not to get insta-killed by an AI right from spawn. B/Y-wings are particularly over-powered.
      • Real TIE/IN pilots (doesn't apply to the AIs) barely show up on screen as red dots.
      • The Trench Run FS (haven't played the Blockade map) is even more rebel-biased than Vanilla FS.
      • Redundancy of wingmen... The only benefit they seem to have over normal ships is a slight health increase, but really not anything special, and certainly not enough to act as "guards" for they respective leaders.
      • Battle Station Phase 1 Rebel spawns. As much as I love the view, the 25 second X-wing trip makes it very difficult to play the objective.
      • Battle Station Phase 2 R2 player. I know this is difficult to monitor, but really your teams' whole fate depends on the guy getting R2. In the event a total noob gets him, you wind up losing 3 minutes while your favourite astromech spasmodically sprays out smoke while driving in an amusing circle.
      • Battle Station Phase 3 Rebel spawns, and role in general. Unfortunately there isn't all that much to do except watch you assigned pilots get blown apart by TIEs who spawn closer and more densely, while again you take the scenic route over Palpatines fully operational pet project. Should you actually reach the distressed pilot, there is still not much you can do. You'll simply get taken out by a stray TIE anyway, because they always seem to have 5 TIEs tailing the objective (then again, I was always top of the leaderboard - maybe my team was just not that good?)
      • NOTE: If these imbalances and kinks were ironed out, despite what everyone is saying I would vote Battle Station one of the top 4 game modes, easily. These problems just make it far too difficult to play the otherwise well-structured mode
    • Trait Issues:
      • Scout un-nerf. I am bewildered by the decision-making process that led to Scout being changed as it was, but seriously, it is pointless. On the off chance you DO make it to Level 2, 3 kills later you get rewarded by the enemy's radar blatantly letting your opponents know that there is a scout nearby. Sort of counter-productive, methinks...
      • NOTE: Good job with the other reworks though, all traits (bar Scout) are now practical.
    • Hero Issues/Bugs:
      • Chewie needs a slight speed increase. I know the speed is a counter for his sheer power, but his "power" only means anything if you can avoid, say, a thermal detonator... or even a dioxis grenade...
      • Chemie also has a painfully long delay between using his roar, and being able to fire. I'm talking losing 25-30 health because the bowcaster won't shoot.
      • NOTE: Again, good job with the heroes. These are the only issues I've found, and they both are pretty balanced - as in, excellent in some areas, and not so good in others. That's good. Chewie should never have been a smart choice on Jakku for example, but be a great one on Jundland Wastes there there is cover and corridors.

I'm sure there will be issues with new guns and such (the Heavy Repeater seems particularly potent), but the new Hutt Contracts force me to use things like the Dlt-19, one of my least favourite weapons, and so I haven't unlocked any yet.

So thats my list, what's everyone else got?

Great list which really deserved more attention! I have similar views on many and some proposed fixes. I'll just copy and paste it :smile:
    • Contrary to other DLCs this one doesn't have enough playlist variety. Dennis did say they would add more modes if we wanted, so all the h8ers should just direct their attention to what they'd like added (needs to support 12v12). I think HvV is a must, followed by either Cargo or Droid Run. Narratologically these other modes could be part of the Diversion as R2 is rescued, things happening at the same time!
    • Wingmen aren't obviously any different to regular Ties/X-Wings. Would like them to be slightly different in appearance, have an extra or different abilities, and also be able to easily locate and help their leader (perhaps with some cues when your hero is taking damage so you can help out).
    • Falcon needs a buff. It's super weak now against interceptors. I reckon it would be great to have a Gunner position in the ship for your partner to take. You should be able to exit by holding X like in a ship in WA for a few seconds. Otherwise you fire at those behind the falcon and to the sides. Would seriously give it help as it has NO way to deal with people behind it. Same could go for Slave I.
    • There's a funny bug where Heroes have all been given their respective Villain names when defeated. Han is Emperor Palpatine, Luke is Vader, Leia is Boba, Nien is Dengar and Chewie is Bossk. Someone obviously made a typo :tongue:

These are mainly little things...the main problem is that heaps of people hate space combat, and the current DS rotation is Space-Land-Space -> Space/Land -> Space-Land-Space -> Land/Space, etc. Whilst Fighter Squadron was easy and obvious to implement it really doesn't need to be in given how much other space battles can happen. Would have been better to put Skirmish DS FS instead and taken some space bloat out of the playlist. If they fix it up to give at least 50/50 Space to Land combat most people will be happier, especially if there's a wider variety of play.

Best possible fix is to allow people to choose if they want space, land or both. It could then extract out the respective phases of Battle Station and let people who want to only do the land stuff enjoy that :smile:
  • I feel a bit bored of it already. Not a fan of these phases as they rely on people PTO, which many wont. Theres only gonna be so many times I dont get to play phase 2 before I give up on it altogether
  • The empire has too much of an advantage on stage 1 of battle station. I rarely get to make it to stage 2 and beyond. Star destroyer needs a good nerfing
  • Oh and for the record I've lost as Rebels once in the first stage, mainly because everyone was playing it like FS and not shooting the Star Destroyer. Otherwise I've had about 75% success on Phase 2 (one really awesome close match!) and Stage 3 has almost always been won by Rebels. If someone gets Red 5 they just can blitz through. I wouldn't be against some alterations in the modes.

I do think it would be better for most if Battle Station was altered to be 3 separate modes (there's loading in between anyway for Consoles) but was put into Skirmish as a mini-campaign!

Oh I also forgot that Bossk needs to be able to heal from inflicting Hero Damage to be more viable in HvV. He's great against infantry though!
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Battlestation is amazing, a new favourite to go along with HvV.

First Phase is fun, second is too, third one aswell! I find the whole thing balanced out really well as it really depends on who is against you that will grant you access to the next phase.

Not much to say for once, I'm loving it!

Heroes feedback:

Chewie:

He is good, but really needs a few tweaks.

Such as:
    • 1500 Health.
    • Vader's mobility speed. (Jump to move with Chewie, you'll go so much faster)
    • Much quicker recoveries from his Roar and Ground Slam, he is left vulnerable for incredibly long.
    • Very small damage buff.

That's what I prescribe for Chewie.

Bossk:

Bossk is very good, although I feel could get a tweak to his trait system for HvV like:
    • 10 Hero damage = One infantry kill for the trait = Small Health regen.

And of course Heroes Vs Villains needs to be added asap, or we need news on "Hero Blast" or a Season Pass HvV Playlist..
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • zoodc wrote: »
    I'm still not sure why so many people thought the destruction of the Death Star would focus so much on ground combat.

Most of the trailer was combat IN the death star. Was a bit misleading

• (3.) Why is there no trash compactor Dianoga monster and no water. Really Dice? This one really hurt my feelings.

I saw it pop up in a private game.
  • Well, this is a feedback section, yes? Here is my neatly and politely listed feedback - whether or not it will get read by anyone that matters, I don't know. But, for what its worth... Help me, @FireWall... You are my only hope.
    • Starfighter Bugs/Issues:
      • TIE/IN lockons do not give warnings to rebel ships. Major problem in all flying modes.
      • TIE Defender/Bomber and B-wing/Y-wing are ridiculously overpowered. Not a nerf-call, just a request not to get insta-killed by an AI right from spawn. B/Y-wings are particularly over-powered.
      • Real TIE/IN pilots (doesn't apply to the AIs) barely show up on screen as red dots.
      • The Trench Run FS (haven't played the Blockade map) is even more rebel-biased than Vanilla FS.
      • Redundancy of wingmen... The only benefit they seem to have over normal ships is a slight health increase, but really not anything special, and certainly not enough to act as "guards" for they respective leaders.
      • Battle Station Phase 1 Rebel spawns. As much as I love the view, the 25 second X-wing trip makes it very difficult to play the objective.
      • Battle Station Phase 2 R2 player. I know this is difficult to monitor, but really your teams' whole fate depends on the guy getting R2. In the event a total noob gets him, you wind up losing 3 minutes while your favourite astromech spasmodically sprays out smoke while driving in an amusing circle.
      • Battle Station Phase 3 Rebel spawns, and role in general. Unfortunately there isn't all that much to do except watch you assigned pilots get blown apart by TIEs who spawn closer and more densely, while again you take the scenic route over Palpatines fully operational pet project. Should you actually reach the distressed pilot, there is still not much you can do. You'll simply get taken out by a stray TIE anyway, because they always seem to have 5 TIEs tailing the objective (then again, I was always top of the leaderboard - maybe my team was just not that good?)
      • NOTE: If these imbalances and kinks were ironed out, despite what everyone is saying I would vote Battle Station one of the top 4 game modes, easily. These problems just make it far too difficult to play the otherwise well-structured mode
    • Trait Issues:
      • Scout un-nerf. I am bewildered by the decision-making process that led to Scout being changed as it was, but seriously, it is pointless. On the off chance you DO make it to Level 2, 3 kills later you get rewarded by the enemy's radar blatantly letting your opponents know that there is a scout nearby. Sort of counter-productive, methinks...
      • NOTE: Good job with the other reworks though, all traits (bar Scout) are now practical.
    • Hero Issues/Bugs:
      • Chewie needs a slight speed increase. I know the speed is a counter for his sheer power, but his "power" only means anything if you can avoid, say, a thermal detonator... or even a dioxis grenade...
      • Chemie also has a painfully long delay between using his roar, and being able to fire. I'm talking losing 25-30 health because the bowcaster won't shoot.
      • NOTE: Again, good job with the heroes. These are the only issues I've found, and they both are pretty balanced - as in, excellent in some areas, and not so good in others. That's good. Chewie should never have been a smart choice on Jakku for example, but be a great one on Jundland Wastes there there is cover and corridors.

I'm sure there will be issues with new guns and such (the Heavy Repeater seems particularly potent), but the new Hutt Contracts force me to use things like the Dlt-19, one of my least favourite weapons, and so I haven't unlocked any yet.

So thats my list, what's everyone else got?

Wow! Second all of this! Couldn't agree more. Especially with the 25 second trip from the Rebel spawn to the Star Destroyer in Phase 1. Also, Rebels are screwed by Empire's spawn near the last stretch of Phase 2. Makes it nearly impossible.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Arch, it seems we are starting to understand each other. So Ill finish with this.

1- Im not asking to be thanked(though more rewards would be nice... ) Its the pilot community you should thank.

2- Battlefield games usually have a 3-4 year timeframe to make a game. Due to Disneys strict timeline to hype The Force Awakens, Battlefront had just under 2 years to build this game from scratch. So more time equals more content and more maps at launch. Dice did amazing job for having so little time to build and release this game under fire.

Its been an interesting conversation :)
  • @Jaywal

There aren't enough modes. The map looks like it would be a good droid run map, or a new small objective based mode.

There needs to be a mode with no heroes, just infantry vs infantry.

The first phase of the new mode is too easy to defend. Either lower the HP of what the rebels need to destroy or remove it all together and just have phase 2 and 3.

Mostly it is the lack of modes that I dislike most. The OR DLC had so much to it. Great maps, with great design. Many modes, etc.
  • thedrum808 wrote: »
    TL-50 is **** powerful against vehicles and the AT-AT (does damage faster than Ion Grenade), as well as infantry. This weapon is insanely overpowered and needs a nerf.

There they are. The nerf hearders around for the first day. People like you helped destroy this game.
  • https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/57543/new-mode-assault#latest

Hey everybody come check out my idea and show some support, if u love the old battlefronts, you might like this idea
  • CargoBuddy
    251 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The playlists are not player friendly. You spend most of Battle Station in a ship and very little time in infantry mode. And then you add Fighter Squadron to the mix. Yuck.

Add in a new separate playlist with Cargo, Blast, Droid Run, etc specifically for people who dislike ship battles, which is the majority of your paying customers.

In fact, get rid of playlists altogether and allow us to choose the game mode we want to play with all the vanilla and DLC maps combined.

This is the solution we are all looking for.
  • Ventress
    69 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    My only complaint about the Death Star DLC is that there simply not enough modes.

Stage 2 of Battle Station is basically an extraction like mode. That said Outer Rim's extraction could be a viable stand alone mode in the Death Star. There are quite a few players who enjoy it.

Death Star's ground based maps also seem sufficiently large enough to accommodate modes like: Cargo, HvV, Droid Run.

I'll write out a positive post after I've had a bit more time to play Death Star DLC and have some of the Hutt Contracts unlocked / tested some of the new star cards/weapons.

Edit: It would have also been really amazing to have been able to play as other star fighters. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they were at least added and I'm sure the developers just simply didn't have time to add them but it would have been so much cooler flying said ships.
  • Also the lag increased 10 fold since the patch what gives
  • Themainman wrote: »
    Also the lag increased 10 fold since the patch what gives

Also, loading times between maps has at least doubled. Especially in the vanilla map cycles.

• (copied from other places)
    The main problems with the DLC are this:
    • Contrary to other DLCs this one doesn't have enough playlist variety. Dennis did say they would add more modes if we wanted, so all the h8ers should just direct their attention to what they'd like added (needs to support 12v12). I think HvV is a must, followed by either Cargo or Droid Run. Narratologically these other modes could be part of the Diversion as R2 is rescued, things happening at the same time!
    • Wingmen aren't obviously any different to regular Ties/X-Wings. Would like them to be slightly different in appearance, have an extra or different abilities, and also be able to easily locate and help their leader (perhaps with some cues when your hero is taking damage so you can help out).
    • Falcon needs a buff. It's super weak now against interceptors. I reckon it would be great to have a Gunner position in the ship for your partner to take. You should be able to exit by holding X like in a ship in WA for a few seconds. Otherwise you fire at those behind the falcon and to the sides. Would seriously give it help as it has NO way to deal with people behind it. Same could go for Slave I.
    • There's a funny bug where Heroes have all been given their respective Villain names when defeated. Han is Emperor Palpatine, Luke is Vader, Leia is Boba, Nien is Dengar and Chewie is Bossk. Someone obviously made a typo :tongue:
    • Bossk needs to recover health from hero damage. He's a bit under powered in HvV.
    • Luke needs his stun fixes still.

These are mainly little things...the main problem is that heaps of people hate space combat, and the current DS rotation is Space-Land-Space -> Space/Land -> Space-Land-Space -> Land/Space, etc. Whilst Fighter Squadron was easy and obvious to implement it really doesn't need to be in given how much other space battles can happen. Would have been better to put Skirmish DS FS instead and taken some space bloat out of the playlist. If they fix it up to give at least 50/50 Space to Land combat most people will be happier, especially if there's a wider variety of play.

Best possible fix is to allow people to choose if they want space, land or both. It could then extract out the respective phases of Battle Station and let people who want to only do the land stuff enjoy that :smile:

• Lock overheat has got to go :-( only negative from me

Because it means you can't just tape the trigger down to find people easier? Don't be daft, the soft lock cool down is one of the best things they have ever added.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    Get gud

I know you posted that because you think you're wonderfull, but i already posted something similar an hour after the dlc released. I also did it on my very first go too, but like you i had Red-5. Now post a video of you doing it perfectly with a regular ship.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Lock overheat has got to go :-( only negative from me

Because it means you can't just tape the trigger down to find people easier? Don't be daft, the soft lock cool down is one of the best things they have ever added.

Agreed. It was a bit silly that there was no penalty to locking on. Best strategy now is to sneak behind someone and THEN lock on to them.
  • Ctown wrote: »
    The empire has too much of an advantage on stage 1 of battle station. I rarely get to make it to stage 2 and beyond. Star destroyer needs a good nerfing

You have to be kidding?!
  • Flying modes aren't my thing. After trying this new DLC a few times this morning and again tonight - I'm really disappointed. The only hand to hand FPS combat mode is blast? And every time I search specifically for that mode it makes me wait forever just to put me in a half finished game that I get to play for about 2 minutes before I'm forced to play another round of fighter squadron - which I of course quit out of and try to find another blast match; only to repeat the cycle. Over and over in these comments people are saying they don't like playlists when they're FORCED to play them. This has been said from the beginning and no one at EA / DICE is actually listening. Bespin was at least better because there were a lot of hand to hand combat modes, but this Death Star DLC which was the one everyone has been hoping for and excited about since the day it was announced is a HUGE letdown. Too little, too late.. and it comes with way too many strings and stipulations attached.
  • 1 large DS map for Supremacy playlist would have been good
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • I wish this honest game trailer wasn't still ENTIRELY relevant.

• The DeathasSter DLC focuses too much on flying. That wouldn't be too bad, if only the flying was good.
    But it isn't because there is just so little you can do as a pilot.
    Also the flyers are far too slow.

How to improve flying (PS4):
    - Increase base speed of all flyers.
    - All flyers should be able to sprint, like you sprint as a soldier (limit by stamina)
    - Evasive maneuvers should not be on the emote buttons. Relocate evasive roll to left thumbstick to include it more naturally into the flying controls.
    - Relocate evasive turnaround to jump key.
    - Remove the cooldown for evasive maneuvers and limit its use by stamina instead.
    - Remove softlock completely. Move the 3rd person camera closer to your own flyer and add a target zoom instead.
    The more similar the flying controls are to the soldier controls, the better the flying experience will be.

Death Star Indoor:
    - Too tiny.
    It feels like fighting in an Imperial office building.
    Where are all the wide deep chasms?
    Where are the long, wide corridors?
    Hangar battle is just a hangar door entrance battle, not a battle across the hangar.
    This Death Star indoor design is just Scan Pulse paradise.
    Anyway, one issue that must and can be fixed is the door open trigger.
    Blast doors must be triggered open from farther away to allow shooting from one room across the corridor to another without the need to stand in the doorway or directly next to it and expose yourself to grenades.
  • courtsdad wrote: »
    Ovalcircle wrote: »
    Arockstar2 wrote: »
    Am I missing something about them adding/allowing more heroes in large game modes? Just played a Supremacy match with 7 heroes on the battlefield at once, and six of them were on one team!
    It's a glitch that will be fixed in next month's patch.

No reason in the world patches should take as long as they do with these guys. Add to that the lack if even the mist basic testing in the past and they should be embarrassed and then fired. Lazy and incompetent management. Of course thats nothing new in the gaming world.

and EA DICE are experts in releasing unfinished ***** like this
  • Assault: an aerial combat mode where the empire destroyer must be destroyed by the rebels while the empire can destroy the rebel cruiser ship

The mode is based on the first phase of battle station with some differences. Both teams attack each others ship. The team that attacks all parts of the enemys ship wins
    This game mode is inspired by the original batlefront

All fighter squadron maps are able to play on this mode and the tie defender and new ai ships should be flyable, also hero ships should be available to use
  • @Jaywal We can't play the new hero ships in skirmish or FS. Please add skin customization and all star card in skirmish because it would be fun and it would put the value of the game higher. Please?
  • lol please fix landos cape on ps4 its looks glitched and ugly now please fix it
  • Gothic_Mando
    1859 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    nice thread. My only interest is to get more content into Skirmish; maps, modes, customisation etc.

Great to hear bugs were fixed for it!!! but am still hoping we can use DLC heroes / weapons without having to be online.. i understand why this has to happen, but given Skirmish is meant for offline players, this kinda defeats the purpose...

From what ive heard, being able to play Battle Station offline would definitely allow alot more people to enjoy it, as many are saying theyre too often losing the first phase as the Rebels, so they cant experience the second and third phases.

Additionally, as much as i love the improved customisation, im a bit disappointed i cant simply equip a pauldron on a skin of my choice, eg; red pauldron on shocktrooper / black pauldron on shadowtrooper. I understand this is likely a Lucasfilm-enforced restriction but still...... kinda sucks.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• Fix for Lando's OP Power Shots (don't stack with trait, done!), test to make sure he can't 1-hit-kill any more.
    • Prevent Dash Attacks from being stopped by stuns (can use whilst stunned, won't be snapped backwards if stunned during) - Saber Rush, Shoulder Charge + Dengar's attacks.
    • Prevent Unmanned Speeder Bikes from causing collision damage.
    • Prevent Speeder Bikes from being able to inflict 'Run-over' damage on heroes.
    • Buff to Ion Neutraliser to make it more viable.
    • Allow Trooper Bane to be turned off during use.
    • Make ADS for long ranged weapons into the 1st person scope view for those in 3rd person without the need to swap views.
    • Fix for PC Players on Keyboard which allows Palpatine to use Chain Lightning whilst airborne (works on controller)
    • Swap 'Power Up' token drop abilty in WA/Supremacy for something new.
      Leia - Enhanced Ion Neutraliser (1-2 second charge, slight burn damage to vehicles and infantry (same as stinger), gives her a teamwork focus and some defence against AT-STs.)
      Palpatine - Sith Focus (give 4 seconds of 'enhanced block' where, when next blocking, Palpatine will convert 10% of incoming damage into health. After ability ends get normal block afterwards)

Thank you very much for this list!

There is a problem with the "Death Star DLC Playlist". Too few infranty modi. I don't want to play Fighter Squadron. You should create two playlists for this DLC. One who is only for indoor maps and one who is with "flying around".

Chewy is too slow. His animations endure too long.

@ThirdDegreePun

• nigel5000
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    So...where is Joystick support? Is this a joke? A DLC built around the idea of Aerial Combat from a developer whose legacy franchise without Joystick support? Common...
  • ThirdDegreePun
    1992 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Thank you very much for this list!

There is a problem with the "Death Star DLC Playlist". Too few infranty modi. I don't want to play Fighter Squadron. You should create two playlists for this DLC. One who is only for indoor maps and one who is with "flying around".

Chewy is too slow. His animations endure too long.

@ThirdDegreePun

Yup I added those just up a bit after playing it a bit! I'll requote below so you can see @AdmiralSarlacc :smile:

• Gimlinho
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    First I would like to say, that I really enjoy playing StarWars Battlefront. It is one of the few games that motivated me to get the platinum trophy. But after playing a few hours in the Death Star DLC, i have to do my FIRST post in this forum. From my opinion, there are now some issues in the game, that are really frustrating.

BATTLE STATION:
    I played four rounds of Battle Station yesterday and the rebels NEVER made it to phase 2. Maybe my team and me was bad, but as a rebel pilot you are blasted away in seconds by the tie interceptors. The x-wing is totally useless, because it needs to much time to reach the star destroyer. I'm an average (some would say bad) pilot and my K/D rate is 1 in fighter squadron. But in Phase 1 of the Battle Station mode I have a K/D rate of 0.4 playing as rebels and a K/D rate of 4 playing as imperials.
    In my opinion the rapid fire mode of the tie interceptor is totally overpowered and the time you have to attack the star destroyer is to short, even if you are using the much faster a-wings.
    This is really annoying! Some of the imperials where crushing their tie fighters with purpose in debris to give the rebels a chance to take out the star destroyer. This is ridiculous!

FIGHTER SQUADRON:
    Same issues as in Battle Station mode + it is ridiculous how fast some is blown away from b-wings or tie defenders. At the moment I pick up a b-wing powerup i get instantly two or three killy everytime. So is it the goal in fighter squadron now to fly around and pick up some powerups and the KI get the kills for you!?
    Playing fighter squadron doesn't make sense playing at the moment, sorry!

PLAYLIST:
    Where are the other game modes for the small death star maps!?!? With the current playlist, all players are forced to sit in an cockpit for a looooooong time with all the issues described above. If you are playing the rebel side, there is no fun in it at all....

I hope you will fix these issues very very fast!

Post edited by Gimlinho on
  • I don't want to play Fighter Squadron. Where are the alternatives?

I never said, that I want more Fighter Squadron!
  • Cant believe how bad they made chewbacca they should be ashamed of themselves hes so weak. What a joke i waited months for this.
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I'm enjoying it, as an FS player thanks for listening and thanks for the space battles.

We could do with a couple more modes though, a Cargo/HvV maybe, I can see this playlist getting old a lot more quickly than OR and Bespin.

The Falcon is made of glass now, I've used it twice and I'll be avoiding it in future. X-Wings also feel fragile.

Loading times are a bit excessive (Xbone) not sure if that's unavoidable.

As @Chewbacca815 mentioned, it'd be great to fight further into the hangar with R2, and completely agree with the door trigger suggestions.
    Cant believe how bad they made chewbacca they should be ashamed of themselves hes so weak. What a joke i waited months for this.

you...you're joking right???
    Cant believe how bad they made chewbacca they should be ashamed of themselves hes so weak. What a joke i waited months for this.

not at all. After most of his abilites he pauses and takes so long to recover he dies so fast he cant avoid attacks hes too slow and cant roll he also is terrible at long range over all dissapointed in guiallme

• gio0079
    563 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Mission 52 in X-wing Alliance and Lego Star Wars TFA Prologue is more fan than this DLC.

i should clarify hes terrible in hvV im sure hes okay in other modes.

• IcedFreon wrote: »
    Get gud

ewwww nasty, they added the remastered shcock wave.
  • Battlestation mode needs to be broken up into 3 separate game modes that you can play individually so you can play just the ground combat part if you want and not all the Fighter mode parts.

More gameplay modes like Extraction, Sabotage, Cargo, Droid Run and Heroes v Villains definitely need to be added to the Death Star.

The Fighter Squadron and Death Star maps are cool but it gets boring and tedious playing Fighter Squadron and there's not enough ground combat modes. Overall a disappointing DLC, the worst so far. Outer Rim is the best, Bespin second and Death Star third. With this trend going Rogue One DLC will be horrible.

• Not negative, 4 things that could be implemented..
    1.-New hero vehicles available on Skirmish
    2.-Playable B-Wings, Y-Wings, Tie Defenders, Tie Bombers
    3.-Rebel fleet trooper purchasable
    4.-X-Wing Pilot helmets
    Other than that everything it's amazing.
  • BoWinston wrote: »
    Battlestation mode needs to be broken up into 3 separate game modes that you can play individually so you can play just the ground combat part if you want and not all the Fighter mode parts.

More gameplay modes like Extraction, Sabotage, Cargo, Droid Run and Heroes v Villains definitely need to be added to the Death Star.

The Fighter Squadron and Death Star maps are cool but it gets boring and tedious playing Fighter Squadron and there's not enough ground combat modes. Overall a disappointing DLC, the worst so far. Outer Rim is the best, Bespin second and Death Star third. With this trend going Rogue One DLC will be horrible.

I think you will like the mode idea i made

https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/57543/new-mode-assault#latest
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Okay love the graphics as always Dice. Now for the disappointing things about the Deathstar DLC.
    (1.) Why is there no trash compactor Dianoga monster and only 5" of water? Really? This one really hurt my feelings. I was very excited to see it.

(2.) You need arrows assisting people to find objectives on the Deathstar surface, it was very confusing. Trying to follow the objective beacon I wound up entering trenches only to have to turn around a lot, it is ultra confusing.

(3.) I know towards the end in the movie the turrets are shut off but why are they not shooting at us in the start of the Deathstar Surface mission. *Yes they randomly fire at you at one check point section but please fix the ones at the start so it's more movie like.

(4.) Also why isn't one of the objectives to take out turrets on the surface?

*Grant it I had fun despite all this, but I really wanted those things in the game.
    Quick over all game summary...
    You see Dice it's like I've always said you get the big stuff right, it's the little things that kill you:
    No living Rancor. No Wampas attacking. No Sarlac attacking. No neutral factions like Ewoks or Tusken Raiders heavily active. No Ewok log or boulder snares for AT-STs. No Taun Taun to ride and now 5" of water with no Dianoga monster in the trash compactor room. The little things guys...the little things.

I altered my last post above because I errored slightly on a few points in an earlier version.

(1.) Well actually I was somewhat wrong about 'The Tractor Beam Catwalk' not being there. We just can't walk on it. I found the catwalk Obi Wan walked out on to disable the Tractor Beam in the 'Power Sector'. You can see it across a chasm. So I am wrong, *still I would have liked to be able to walk out on it though for nastalga sake, oh well.

(2.) Seems I errored about Mouse Droids being absent too. I finally spoted a Mouse Droid in this one room but if you blink you'll miss it. It quickly enters a hole in the wall. *I really would have loved to see one zipping down the hallway though. It would have been funny if one gets scared of Chewy like the movie too.

(3.) I recalled the Trash Compactor Door incorrectly as well. It did drop down 1' 4" it's just that the ramp makes you not notice it if your running along. I errored on that one. You will find it on the Defense Sector map.

So that's why there no longer in my above points.

I feel slightly better now... :|
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • It seems most people don't like the first stage so why not half the health of the star destroyer and give 6 minutes to do it
    rWnfFLl.gif