criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @meshugene89 use the search function to find the topics about player hunting, autoaim is too easy, ai need. names, we need awing and interceptor ai, spawn trapping starfighter spawns and a few others. Combined they added up to basic mechanics that made it difficult for new/veteran FS players to play and enjoy the game.

If I insulted you, it wasnt my intention, I was trying to speak to the community as a whole based on my playtime and my observations of playing with others and watching videos about the major complaints associated with the flying mechanics in general.

You do have some interesting points but I do disagree with you about the overheating lockon not being a good thing.
  • There needs to be a period where players can't use the secondary fire option on their weapon. Having the ability to fire after every cooldown, or right before they overheat seems very OP.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Like others have said, i also believe the modes should be separated. That or add more infantry modes into the mix. Fighter squadron is nice, but how this playlist is set up its like this dlc is lacking so much in content/variety and forcing us into fighter squadron that still needs a lot of tweaking.

If the hit system now works properly then increase the ships hp a bit and provide us with more control over the ships movement.
  • ND513 wrote: »
    Time for me to kill and enemy fighter is any where from 5-10 seconds if I'm directly behind them. Yet my fighter gets destroyed or severely damaged (10 hp or less) within literally 1-2 seconds and without a lock on warning. Hit detection/dusting in the aerial/space battles is bad. I can go through multiple overheat cycles while seeing the sparks and explosions on the enemy. This is the biggest thing killing it for me. And why I'm playing vanilla maps. I'm on XB1. I have great internet. Hit detection is fine on every non fighter thing in the game

@Jaywal This. It's very hard to make any judgments about this DLC given the state of the server or network environment (PS4). I found both air and space to be problematic however.

Either the code is so bloated now that it just won't perform on the console or the servers were so overtaxed yesterday that the game became unplayable at times (both Death Star and original modes). If this was just bad planning (not understanding the player volume requirements) that's one thing. If this is how the game plays moving forward - light the funerary pyre. US North East.
  • This DLC is a joke. Three modes. 2/3 of which are predominantly flying. I hate FS. What a waste of an expansive and gigantic Death Star. I have supported your previous DLC but this one is unsupportable. It is worth $2 at most. You force me to play 2 game modes I never play and then make me play some weird R2 mission where the objective is sketchy at best. The star cards are crap and the weapons are pretty lame. Very disappointed.
  • tuna_sushi wrote: »
    great dlc - it shows you've been listening to players who complained about non-objective based team play, players who wanted to "attack a star destroyer", players who wanted a Conquest mode.

Space battles can be slapped into the rotation anywhere. But for it to be the main focus of the DLC is a joke.
  • I like the dlc a lot. Battle station is fun and looks good balanced to me, i've won and lost on both sides.

The only thing i miss is more modes or maps inside the death star. It would be great to add just one more mode.
    Otherwise well done, DICE!
  • For Trench Run :

Checkpoints only appear to the "chosen" and it's a problem for the others rebels, because they don't know where to go. So, i think it will be better for everyone if checkpoint were "visible" to everybody : in red for the chosen, in blue for imperials, and in yellow for the others rebels.

I also find that checkpoints appears just a little bit too late when we are chosen to take them. Is it possible to make them appear just a little bit faster ?

For Battle Station Phase 1 &3 and Fighter Squadron :

Is it possible to make those little logo for Heroes appear on the screen, as in Infantry mode ? Han for Millenium, Vader for Tie advanced X1, etc...

For Battle Station Phase 2 :

Same reflexion than for Checkpoint : when you activate the droid, it's just a litlle bit too long to control him. Is it possible to make that delay shorter ?

For Death Star DLC :

Please, add more Infantry modes :smile: Such as :

- Extraction mode (or similar) but with R2-D2 instead of the cart. Playing the droid is really fun, but finally, we don't play him a lot, and it's a really shame...

- Sabotage will be perfect for the Death Star maps ! Even if it's not happened in movies, it will be really fun

- Heroes VS Villain, obsiously...

Thanx for reading :-)

I'm confused. The checkpoints showed for me when I wasn't playing as the "chosen one" only they were white instead of yellow. What does this mean?
  • irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I’m mainly an infantry player but I still think this DLC is cool but only in small doses. The DLC as a whole is criminally lacking in content. To spend 60% of the time in FS just gets to be too much for me. I die a lot in FS, and after a while, dying a lot gets to be boring and not fun. I’m trying to improve my skills, but after while I just have to go back to something that’s fun for me, namely infantry based modes. This DLC doesn’t allow for that.
    • Why is it so hard to take down a ship and yet I die so darn quick? While I understand the addition of the soft lock cooldown, it also makes it harder for casual pilots to find some joy out of flying. I would suggest at the very least increasing the active time a bit.
    • There are not enough powerups available and the ones present are so far away from the action that it makes little sense to even try to repair your ship. Odds are you will never make it there in time let alone find one.
    • I have played the trench run phase 10 times now. I still have no idea what I’m doing or where to even go. Which darn trench do I need to go in?
    • The 2 times I was actually chosen for the run I was immediately shot down because there is a big target on my back that says “hey, look at me!”
    • In phase 1 of Battlestation, the rebels spawn too far from the objective.
    • Phase 2 of Battlestation should be its own stand-alone mode.
    • Phase 3 of Battlestation should be its own stand-alone mode with expanded objectives like first taking out turrets and such.
    • Chewbacca is too slow and it takes too long to transition from his Roar and Ground Slam. He’s left vulnerable far too long.
    • Gameplay is still littered with lag and server-side issues. This DLC is just compounding this big-time.
    • Lastly, as mentioned before, the number of playable modes is extremely lacking. Please add HvV, Droid Run, and Cargo at the minimum.
    I’m looking forward to Hero Blast as well.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • I'm so disappointed by this dlc, I have been looking forward to ever since release, but man it's boring!! I'm no fan at FS, it can be okay from time to time, but it gets boring so fast. And now we our most bellowed Death Star dlc only got ONE single ground combat mode. That not good enough.

I like the battle station gamemode, if you ever get pass phase 1, which is by fare the most boring part. Until now, I've only got pass phase 1 1/6 games. It would really save this beautiful and potentially powerful dlc if some more modes where added.

Time for me to kill and enemy fighter is any where from 5-10 seconds if I'm directly behind them. Yet my fighter gets destroyed or severely damaged (10 hp or less) within literally 1-2 seconds and without a lock on warning. Hit detection/dusting in the aerial/space battles is bad. I can go through multiple overheat cycles while seeing the sparks and explosions on the enemy. This is the biggest thing killing it for me. And why I'm playing vanilla maps. I'm on XB1. I have great internet. Hit detection is fine on every non fighter thing in the game

I've noticed the same. I think there's some serious lag issues going on with the servers.

Same here
  • Some more modes added to the Playlist would be appreciated :) this is because it feels like mostly fighter squadron right now! But I love the DLC and new weapons and I know you guys are working hard!
  • I was anticipating this DLC for months now, but there are only 3 modes, one Fighter Squad, one Blast, one Combo FS/Blast.
    This is lazy and unacceptable.
    In other DLC packs, when Fighter Squad shows up in the rotation, everyone drops out of the game and reloads. Now, 2 of the 3 modes have FS gameplay and they all rotate.
    The problem with the FS modes is there is no customization, nothing unique about your player and the gameplay goes on for far too long. It's intensely boring.

No new mission modes?
    Blast is the most uninspired of all the mission modes. Why not have a Prison Break mode where rebels start in the detention center, shut down tractor beams, then head to the hangar?
    Why no Cargo, Extraction, Droid Run? Anything that has an objective to it?!

For the life of me, I cannot understand what I'm supposed to be doing in the Trench Run sequence.

My friends and I stopped playing after our games couldn't get past the first Star Destroyer sequence and we ended up replaying it over and over again.
    After and hour, we stopped and went back to Bespin.

Very disappointing

This

@Jaywal This. It's very hard to make any judgments about this DLC given the state of the server or network environment (PS4). I found both air and space to be problematic however.

Either the code is so bloated now that it just won't perform on the console or the servers were so overtaxed yesterday that the game became unplayable at times (both Death Star and original modes). If this was just bad planning (not understanding the player volume requirements) that's one thing. If this is how the game plays moving forward - light the funerary pyre. US North East.

Same here.
    I seriously hope the state of the servers in PS4 last night was due to the DS DLC hype, 'cause otherwise, count me out as well.
    All games were pretty close to unplayable. Lag spikes everywhere, bad hit detection, hero tokens and regular pickups unattainable because when you get to them the game lags out and someone else gets it (NO, it's not my connection, before someone pops the dumb question). This has been happening yesterday for a good majority of the playerbase in PS4, at least in South America servers. I won't even express my opinion on the new game mode. It's bad, and I really don't care, but what I do care about are cool new elements introduced in the game such as weapons and heroes that I can't enjoy in my regular modes (WA, HvV).
    I'll give it another go by the end of the week. I'm already missing how the game played two days ago :disappointed:

PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • I'm loving the Death Star DLC! However I feel the choice of only 2 vehicles for each side in fighter squadron/battle station makes it get stale fast. I hope to see the Y wing and Tie bomber as playable, instead of having speed boosts etc, they could have two missile types and be slower or have weaker cannon damage etc. honestly I think this would spice it up and almost create a new star fighter type with a different play style. It'd be nice to see if you could make the TIE defender and B-Wing flyable. I mean come on you have the flight mechanics in game, and you have them modeled please implement them at some point in the future!
  • What about making the first two phases happen at the same time? I mean one group is fs and the other is one death star securing droid (maybe it's random the first time). If pilots wipe out star destroyer early they could potentially join on death star to finish the job. Same for imperials. Then it comes down to securing the droid. If rebels get it off the ship they go to trench run mode. If imperials stop them it's over. The idea probably need some work but could be interesting.
  • PLEASE add more game modes and make blast longer

Don't get me wrong I am loving the new space battles and trench run, the experience is flawless and you all couldn't have done a better job

- The indoor Death Star maps are flawless and I haven't gotten to appreciate them as much as I would have like
    - Sometimes I don't even make it to part 2 of battle station, so that means even more time in the air
    - Adding cargo or droid run would be perfect for the Death Star playlist and would allow us to experience the maps even more than on a random rotation
    - Extending blast to maybe 150 kills or even 200 would also give us a good amount of time in these maps which I know a lot of people would love

Everything looks fantastic and very well executed, am very excited for the new skins as well. Really hope you all get the chance to read this and consider this as I know a lot of people feel the same way

P.S. I wouldn't mind getting that Bespin Luke skin ;)

• I think adding two more modes makes sense. Maybe supremacy and turning point as someone mentioned. This would be perfect on death star (holding objective).
  • I got to play for a couple of hours last night so I haven't got to spend much time on some of the maps or stages. But I have a few comments.

-The maps are amazing. They look great and is most cases (see below) for a balanced fight.

-I love the extended play of Battle Station. It is meant to be long and difficult, that is the point. Having the 3 phases really plays out well to the types of things that happened in the movie. No, it's not exactly what happened in the movie. But there is a lot of that. It's just meant to give the feeling of it.

-I support having more fighter combat. It's a fun game mode so I'm glad it was ramped up for this DLC. The movies weren't all foot combat, the original Battlefront had fighter combat. Not sure why there is this silly expectation that it shouldn't be there at all.

-More game modes, less Battle Station. I played for a couple of hours and it felt like I spend most of it on Battle Station. I love the mode, but it is a long game mode and not conducive for someone to just drop in for a quick game. To address that, the game obviously needs more modes like HvV and Cargo. Also, break up the 3 stages of Battle Station to make them individual games. In 2 hours I saw Trench Run for maybe 5 mins, probably less. Also, reduce the frequency of Battle Station if it is more than 1 time per cycle. Sure seems like it is more.

-The R2D2 rescue phase of Battle Station may need some adjustment of some sort. I saw playing from both sides that it was nearly impossible for the Rebels to rescue him. The map does have a lot of choke points. I'm not suggesting changing the map, but do something to add some power to the Rebels. Not a lot, just some.

-Spawn Rebel fighters closer to the Star Destroyer in the first phase of Battle Station. They just come in so far away it is really hard to make it there before getting killed. Maybe reduce the spawn distance by 20-25%.

-I really like the laser barrage for the Tie Interceptor. It now gives clear differences between it and the Tie Fighter. It's great for guys like me who overheat their guns a lot.

-Good move to reduce the cooldown on the speed boost for the fighters. It's really needed to close the gaps, but I still think Rebels should spawn closer.

-Fix the fighter hit counters as people have mentioned many times. I hit the target, it takes no damage, usually in a turn.

-Count more damage to the shield generators if rammed. I tried it just to see, I think I got like 2 points. If I'm taking one for the team, it should count more. I mean come on, dude in the A-Wing took down an entire SSD in ROTJ. Just sayin. :)

Overall I really like the Death Star DLC. It clearly needs some tweaks, but it isn't fire and brimstone like many will have you believe.
  • DrJonez77
    21 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I was anticipating this DLC for months now, but there are only 3 modes, one Fighter Squad, one Blast, one Combo FS/Blast.
    This is lazy and unacceptable.
    In other DLC packs, when Fighter Squad shows up in the rotation, everyone drops out of the game and reloads. Now, 2 of the 3 modes have FS gameplay and they all rotate.
    The problem with the FS modes is there is no customization, nothing unique about your player and the gameplay goes on for far too long. It's intensely boring.

No new mission modes?
    Blast is the most uninspired of all the mission modes. Why not have a Prison Break mode where rebels start in the detention center, shut down tractor beams, then head to the hangar?
    Why no Cargo, Extraction, Droid Run? Anything that has an objective to it?!

For the life of me, I cannot understand what I'm supposed to be doing in the Trench Run sequence.

My friends and I stopped playing after our games couldn't get past the first Star Destroyer sequence and we ended up replaying it over and over again.
    After and hour, we stopped and went back to Bespin.

Very disappointing

I'm part of the Old Farts Group, and we had a very similar experience yesterday as well. Everybody was looking forward to this DLC, we knew it would have some more FS in it, but this is to much. You can only play Blast and maybe get to Phase two in the Death Star. The group played about half the day then everybody went back to Bespin, WA, HvV, and Cargo. What a wasted oppurtunity with the Death Star and CQC modes. I don't see why they are forcing players to play a game style(mode) that they don't want to play. It all seems so forced. I'm happy for the FS group, they needed additional content, but why make the rest of us have to play it. We play on XBOX 1.

Side Note: In the previous DLC's the Hutt Contracts were able to be unlocked within the released DLC, these new Hutt Contracts requirements are 90% infantry mode based. Meaning you have to play an infantry mode to unlock them, yet they only give you one Game Mode for sure (Blast), and the chance of playing another one (Phase Two-Battle Station) if your team is good enough. It seems you could finish up the contracts by playing in other DLC's and in the original game rather than in the DLC that was just released with said contracts. I don't get it.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    @Jaywal the DS DLC is awesome - a meat grinder, but awesome. Only 'gripe' I have is the soft lock on fighters "overheating". It's such a radical change to the flight mechanics after all this time we've had FS. There's no overheat for ADS with ground troops...so it just seems a weird change.
  • Also are you supposed to be able to kill the ywings on phase one? I can hit them but seems like it does no damage. Either hit detection is way off or they are invincible and should not be able to be targeted.
  • Laserking
    5 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The final stage in Battle Station needs to be tweaked. Rebels should spawn a lot closer to R2 than they do. Once you get to the end there is unlimited stormtroopers waiting for you in the hanger with very few access points. Either had more heroes for rebels, change the spawn locations for the imperials so they are not right there, or allow rebels to spawn relatively close to R2.
  • evans03079 wrote: »
    3 modes. 2 of them being Blast and Fighter Squadron which are some of the most hated modes. Maps are awful. The new heros look and play like ****.

This^ I didn't realize they added fighter squadron too, two phases of battlestation include spacecraft, which don't get me wrong, they're exciting. But fighter squadron is a bit much, rather just have battlestation and blast
    giphy.gif
  • Buff the bryar pistol. It's lacking. Increase the rate of fire.

yes I AGREE
  • Dotty wrote: »
    @meshugene89 use the search function to find the topics about player hunting, autoaim is too easy, ai need. names, we need awing and interceptor ai, spawn trapping starfighter spawns and a few others. Combined they added up to basic mechanics that made it difficult for new/veteran FS players to play and enjoy the game.

If I insulted you, it wasnt my intention, I was trying to speak to the community as a whole based on my playtime and my observations of playing with others and watching videos about the major complaints associated with the flying mechanics in general.

You do have some interesting points but I do disagree with you about the overheating lockon not being a good thing.

Well, I just looked through some older posts using the search function for topics on Fighter Squadron and couldn't find anyone complaining about the lock-on system. The majority of complaints were about the TIE fighters being weaker than X & A-Wings and finding it hard to escape a torpedo lock once it had been fired at you.
    It's not that I felt insulted, it's that I hardly think it's fair to be called a "spammer" just for playing the game the way it was it supposed to be played. In the real world, if you were piloting an F-16 fighter jet and you locked-on to an enemy target, the lock-on system doesn't overheat. It's stays locked to the target until you lose sight of it, or you take it out. This is exactly how the lock-on system worked prior to this update. So why they chose to replace a very realistic element for an unrealistic one is hard to understand.
    Let me ask you something; did you play FS a lot before this update came out? If so, how did you use the lock-on system? Did you use it sparingly or hold it when targeting an enemy?
    Despite what some people say, Fighter Squadron was a good and reasonably balanced mode prior to this update. Really, all that was that needed to make FS better was more diversity in the vehicles and A-Wing & TIE Interceptor AI vehicles. But don't take my word for it, just read this and you'll see what I mean - starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/53684/fighter-squadron-balanced-now/p1
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • 1) The spawn points in Battle Station phase 1 need to change. When you spawn, you are so far away from the objective, that by the time you get there, the timer to attack it has gone.
    I would suggest adding a partner spawn option (which could have an entrance animation that looks like coming out of hyperspace), or have a spawn that is a bit above the SD, and you could fly down onto it.

2) The spawn points for the Empire on phase 2. If R2 is deactivated a few metres from the end, it is almost impossible for the Rebels to win. The Imps all spawn pretty much within eyeshot of R2, which makes it SO HARD for the Rebels to get him going again. I would suggest spawning them in a seperate room, but still close enough that they can be at the objective within 5 or 6 seconds of spawning.

3) Lack of game modes. I love Blast, so I am happy that it has been included. However, I feel that this DLC could support every single game mode going, aside from Walker Assault (that includes Extraction and Sabotage)... We need more variation!
    When more game modes are added, I would suggest that they should have a rotation of 2 old ones, then Battle Station.

4) The vehicles are too weak now! Yes, the lockon feature has been fixed, but now it is WAY too easy to die. I would suggest a health buff to all ships, by about 30-50%. That includes Hero vehicles. I lasted about 5 seconds in the Falcon yesterday. It was not fun.

5) Make each phase of Battle Station it's own, shorter game mode too. Each part is enjoyable in their own way. However, I would make some alterations to phases 1 and 3.
    The Rebels have a clear target of what needs to be done. However, I think that the Imperials should also have a target, rather than just "hold it down for X minutes". I would suggest maybe that the Rebels would have to complete their objective within the Imps getting about 150 points (counted the same way as FS). Then the Empire can be shown to have wiped out the Rebel fleet.

Thanks,
    Tom
  • Up one level in 26 hours.

At this rate if I never get off the game it'll take 42 days to hit t max.

• 5 pages on f ***** ups in under 24 hours.

I laugh out loud.
  • I played around a bit. It does look beautiful, but was hoping for more modes. Like sabotage except maybe break out Princess Leia from instead of arm a charge and then fight your way out. Trash compactor would have been fun though not sure how to turn it into game play. But generator shutdown, prison break, and droids hiding might have been similar to sabotage. Also, no Ben Kenobi? Hoping there is more to come for Death Star!
  • ChadDSolo wrote: »
    @Jaywal the DS DLC is awesome - a meat grinder, but awesome. Only 'gripe' I have is the soft lock on fighters "overheating". It's such a radical change to the flight mechanics after all this time we've had FS. There's no overheat for ADS with ground troops...so it just seems a weird change.

You don't lock on to infantry though, you have to manually target. You can still manually target if you sneak up behind someone, soft lock is another matter, it's like aimbotting. It's not something people asked for, but it's something that did need addressing to make FS more skill based.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dotty wrote: »

Well, I just looked through some older posts using the search function for topics on Fighter Squadron and couldn't find anyone complaining about the lock-on system. The majority of complaints were about the TIE fighters being weaker than X & A-Wings and finding it hard to escape a torpedo lock once it had been fired at you.
    It's not that I felt insulted, it's that I hardly think it's fair to be called a "spammer" just for playing the game the way it was it supposed to be played. In the real world, if you were piloting an F-16 fighter jet and you locked-on to an enemy target, the lock-on system doesn't overheat. It's stays locked to the target until you lose sight of it, or you take it out. This is exactly how the lock-on system worked prior to this update. So why they chose to replace a very realistic element for an unrealistic one is hard to understand.
    Let me ask you something; did you play FS a lot before this update came out? If so, how did you use the lock-on system? Did you use it sparingly or hold it when targeting an enemy?
    Despite what some people say, Fighter Squadron was a good and reasonably balanced mode prior to this update. Really, all that was that needed to make FS better was more diversity in the vehicles and A-Wing & TIE Interceptor AI vehicles. But don't take my word for it, just read this and you'll see what I mean - starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/53684/fighter-squadron-balanced-now/p1
    in an F16 the lockon is only for the missiles. Not its guns. Starfighters have lasers tied to the lockon so it had to be changed imo, and apparently Dices as well. It had to be balance between the missile lockon and the laser lockon. If you remove it, it makes it extremely difficult for less experiencd players to noscope starfighters. If it was left as it was it was too op to use contiously. I think Dice found a good middle ground.

I used the lockon in various ways from continuous to noscope. I admit I liked to hold the lockon and panic players but Im not the only one to do so. Too many ACE pilots like myself also did the same resulting in easy kills. Thats why I stopped playing online until now. Ive been in and out of Skirmish on master difficulty for the challenge, though I admit I played normal the other day.
    Holding down the lockon made it too easy to spawntrap and hunt players in FS. It also made it harder for players to escape the lockon. Im an ACE but not everyone is.
    There are plenty of ACEs that agree it was an easy way to get kills But only ACEs could evade easily.

Thank you for the feedback but there are plenty of other topics with players that agree with the lockon change.
  • As a middle-aged man who was a little kid in 1977 when Star Wars first came out, I must say I am delighted to play the Death Star DLC and have a chance to take part on space battles against and Imperial Star Destroyer and the Trench Run.

What I am less delighted about is getting taken out every 10 seconds by teens and 20-somethings that play the game all day and are experts at it compared to me.

I very much enjoy the Skirmish mode of Battlefront, as it lets me play a quick game and get my Star Wars fix without getting constantly destroyed by vastly-superior human opponents.

EA, would you please consider adding a skirmish mode to Outer Rim, Bespin, and Death Star to that more casual players like me can enjoy it more.
  • Flying is a really big part of Death Star, and the fighter sqadron was one of the best modes. I think the targeting lock on system needs to be nurfed & adjusted especially for PC players, seems really slow and slugglish to lock on. Can this be improved on the nxt patch, I think it would vastly imprve gameplay and FUN factor. I would like to see if others comment on the targeting system and have the same view.
    Zarra
  • Well, Lando can still one/two shot kill everyone...
  • The ridiculously long lag time for the round summary page to clear is back. Seems like this has been an issue with every DLC. Teams aren't starting together and by the time to you get to the lobby page the game has been going for 20-30 seconds.
  • @Dotty Well if DICE think that this change is going to encourage more people to play and like Fighter Squadron, I think they'll be sorely mistaken. The fact that you now to have to occasionally lose sight of your target in order to let your lock-on cool down will not sit well with players who already thought that Fighter Squadron was a terrible mode and players who were good at it before might be driven away from it.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    RobertPK wrote: »
    As a middle-aged man who was a little kid in 1977 when Star Wars first came out, I must say I am delighted to play the Death Star DLC and have a chance to take part on space battles against and Imperial Star Destroyer and the Trench Run.

What I am less delighted about is getting taken out every 10 seconds by teens and 20-somethings that play the game all day and are experts at it compared to me.

I very much enjoy the Skirmish mode of Battlefront, as it lets me play a quick game and get my Star Wars fix without getting constantly destroyed by vastly-superior human opponents.

EA, would you please consider adding a skirmish mode to Outer Rim, Bespin, and Death Star to that more casual players like me can enjoy it more.
    I agree with 99% of this except one part. Im 43 and still have the reflexes of a fighter jock half my age. Im not a tryhard by any means, I just use the Force... lol Im usually the one youre most afraid in a game of FS and thats while holding back to prevent complaints like these. If my friends are playing, I let them get top most of the time because as a team, it makes situations like yours more of a prominent issue.

• My negative feedbacks.... That DLC is bullsxxt! I $@#$ hate it! Played till 3.30am and woke up at 6am to go to work. That's all DLC fault! That made me tired at work! That's @#$@# bullsxxt! Addictive game!! Oh wait... I think it should be in positive feedback because I could not put my controller down and go to bed at 11pm... well, my fault for being addicted to the new DLC. Really awesome DLC. No wondering why i could not put my controller down. Can't wait to play again after work! :)
  • Buffthe Bryar pistol
  • Gothic_Mando
    1948 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    DRIZZLE wrote: »
    nice thread. My only interest is to get more content into Skirmish; maps, modes, customisation etc.

Great to hear bugs were fixed for it!!! but am still hoping we can use DLC heroes / weapons without having to be online.. i understand why this has to happen, but given Skirmish is meant for offline players, this kinda defeats the purpose...

From what ive heard, being able to play Battle Station offline would definitely allow alot more people to enjoy it, as many are saying theyre too often losing the first phase as the Rebels, so they cant experience the second and third phases.

Additionally, as much as i love the improved customisation, im a bit disappointed i cant simply equip a pauldron on a skin of my choice, eg; red pauldron on shocktrooper / black pauldron on shadowtrooper. I understand this is likely a Lucasfilm-enforced restriction but still...... kinda sucks.

This guy over here gets exactly what's going on ! We need more prone to be vocal about it for anyone to get more skirmish

Thanks dude thats much appreciated! Totally agree, SoloPlayersMatter needs to keep itself relevant! ^^ Funnily enough i did actually try to stream some Skirmish gameplay + review today, but wouldntya know it my internet decided to have a seizure -_-''''' Am pretty bummed....

....On a somewhat ironic sidenote, if that ain't good cause for more Skirmish content i dunno what is! xD
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• I like the idea for battle station and also the maps but I want heroes vs villains and no playlist or allow me to turn it off so I can stay in the game mode I like playing. Also I thought the Pandora glitch would be fixed?
  • Devs, You did a great job on the DLC and espaecially trench run, graphics are amazing. Changes in the targeting system for the starfighters make the fighter squadron part of the game less fun (especially using a keybaord). I was really liking fighter squadron but with the targeting system change the game is much less enjoyable.
    Zarra
  • Loving all the new stuff, graphics, heroes, weapons etc.

Of course we can't hide from the Fighter Squadron issue on on Battle station. This being that 20% (made up number, but probably not far off) of player love FS, the rest don't care for it. Earlier I played 4 rounds back to back. The first 3 never made it past phase 1 and it was very dull for all (well most).
    However I then discovered a fix to the issue!
    Via the chat window I got enough people to agree to let the rebels win phase 1, that way we all got to play the interesting phase 2!

It worked and Phase 2 was great fun for all! (back to positive!)
    I can't comment on Phase 3 as I have never seen it. (0/10 matches)
  • Battle Station
    Phase 1 - The round is kind boring and you are forced to repeat it if the Rebels lose. This makes it hard to get to Phase 2.

Phase 2- More ground modes are needed because FS phases are very repetitive. We need more ground modes to break it up. I personally would have loved a "Hero prisoner escape" mode where the heroes break Leia out of the Death Star cell block and the Villians try to stop them.

Phase 3 is OK once you figure out what your objective is.

• I think it can be a good DLC if they do some tweeks. Let's see the main problems:
    The playlist
    The lack of game modes wasn't a good choice imo. I understand they thought Battle Station can be enough because it is a quite long mode and contains different forms of modes, but the community wanted more vanilla modes to play in a Death Star environment. But they said they could add more modes if needed. It would be even more satisfying if they make a separate playlist for the other modes.
    Battle Station
    The idea of a 3 phase gamemode is awesome. It can be intense and satisfying. The problem with it is that it mixed two completely different game modes, FS and Extraction. The ones who love both FS and Extraction are just a minority. People who love FS more, or ground combat more, can be disappointed with this mode. I personally don't like FS really, for now I can patiently play the first phase (and admire the beauty of it) to reach the second phase, but I can see myself in the future bored during the first phase when everybody learned and got used to the maps.
    The second phase
    is Empire friendly. I can hardly get to the third phase because of that :D BUT it's not really the developers fault. Neither the maps fault. It's the players fault. The lack of teamplay.
    Let's see what is the task of each side. Shoot everyone around R2, go to R2, and activate/deactivate him. If he is active/deactive, defend him. That's all. Same both sides. The only difference is that during active, R2 moving and during deactive, R2 standing. And defending a standing object is NOT teamplay. Players love camping, placing down droids (like the new medical droids), set up traps, put Laser Trip Mines, or just crouch to a corner and defend a door. It's in our instincts to go to the room where everyone are and join them. It's completely different when the objective is moving. You can't camp, set traps or put droids, or defend just one door. You have to stick to the team, fight alongside them and cover their back. That's teamplay. That's why rebels can't win there.
    Besides these points there are other minor issues but they can buff or nerf them easily. They aren't the main promlems here imo.
    And everything else is awesome :smiley: The maps look amazing (and they are good in gameplay perspective as well), the first phase is perfect, the third phase looks good, but I didn't really see that yet :D , the new weapons and gadgets are cool (maybe need some tweek), and they added a lot of surprises. And yes, the new heroes are also good and mostly balanced. Just everyone wants to try them now so rushes into the fight and die quickly and then claims they are bad. We just have to learn how to use them.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • SPACE COMBAT:

1 - Remove fighter squadron and replace it with heroes vs villains / cargo. Battle station essentially has two stages of fighter squadron-like gameplay - having fighter squadron in the playlist after that feels repetitive and redundant.

2 - Y wing/B wing etc pick ups should respawn.

3 - Rebels need to spawn a bit closer to the star destroyer. If I spawn as an X-wing just as the Y-wing phase begins by the time I've made it to the star destroyer the chance to shoot it has expired.

4 - When selected for a trench run there should be an actual line/route overlay on the HUD leading you through the trench (like some racing games have). The current yellow checkpoint is a bit vague and hard to work out where it wants you to go when you are actually in the trench. This would also help make it clearer for a player when they've been selected.

GROUND COMBAT:

1 - Decrease how long R2-D2 is incapacitated/stunned for. Mashing the button to break free gets really really dull and it eats far too much into the clock. I've only seen the 3rd stage of fighter squadron twice...

2 - "Open the blast doors! Open the blast doors!" The blast doors need to stay open longer. The constant and speedy closing keeps ruining fire fights. I see an enemy on the other side, chuck a grenade... door closes and bounces the grenade back in my face. And this is a big problem because of how many tight rooms you also end up in, so there's no room to escape a backfired grenade or barrage.

3 - Concussion blast too powerful and too easily spammed. I even got 3 kills with it in one shot, it shouldn't be as powerful as a star card... it's essentially a star card with zero cooldown.

4 - As others have said, the new beserker is broken (again). I've tried survival and bodyguard but you just don't feel any advantage from it because everyone else is running beserker and doing crazy damage. In fact almost every gun in the game seems to kill you quicker now because of this trait. The flow of battles has changed and not for the better. It should return to what it was but minus the damage resistance.
  • JARVEESIMO wrote: »
    The ridiculously long lag time for the round summary page to clear is back. Seems like this has been an issue with every DLC. Teams aren't starting together and by the time to you get to the lobby page the game has been going for 20-30 seconds.

This! Yesterday I was back to joining matches late. What happened to the last patch that gave us time to switch hands and emote? Please address this!
  • Additionally - and i only say this as i hope it will one day translate to more Skirmish game modes / maps - i agree with most here stating that there needs to be more playable modes on the Death Star. Could Sabotage or Extraction make a return?
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• I was expecting pauldrons available to put on all Imperial skins. But, I like the pauldrons on the basic trooper too tbh.