criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Phase 1: If the Empire wins, you must attack the rebel fleet

Incentives would win for the Empire, if they win the Phase 1 they will have to attack the rebels cruises that are on the map. The Imperials could destroy most ships and finally achieve the goal when the Death Star fires his laser to one of the Mon Calamari cruiser remaining . It's something that would make it more interesting way . Then , in Phase 1 if the Empire wins: No it's game over . -They Must end the rebel fleet. - Final Cinematic , Death Star fires and destroys a cruise Mon Calamari.
How about this idea?

Sorry if there are mistakes, but English is not my language.
giphy.gif

Replies

  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Yea, go ESB style and phase to Walker assault Outpost Beta or Twilight.
    Only an empowered mode for the imperials with about 4 walkers and no rebel heroes. Only y-wings are power ups for flyers.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

    28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak


  • I like it. There's really no incentive for Imperials to win the first round, since they lose their chances to get more points in phase 2 and 3.
    "I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
  • I like the idea of phase 1 determining which way the mode progresses. They just need to add something for the imperials after like you suggest
  • +1
    _____
  • ND513 wrote: »
    I like the idea of phase 1 determining which way the mode progresses. They just need to add something for the imperials after like you suggest

    That's the idea. Attacking the Rebel fleet would be logical.
    giphy.gif
  • I like it
  • Genius idea. Imperial phase 2 attacking the Rebel ships while the Deathstar takes pot shots at them.

    Maybe if the Tebels repel the attack, it will then go to phase 3 trench run. If Imperials win, Deathstar blows up a planet.
  • Genius idea. Imperial phase 2 attacking the Rebel ships while the Deathstar takes pot shots at them.

    Maybe if the Rebels repel the attack, it will then go to phase 3 trench run. If Imperials win, Deathstar blows up a planet.

    I think if rebels won this hypothetical phase , they would escape and would have his revenge . ( Another game ) as to think a certain way
    giphy.gif
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    This is better than letting the Rebels win by default thats for dang sure. I actually like the concept ;)
    I vote yes @FireWall @TheVestalViking @phatseejay
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    @Bjankins1 this is the topic youre looking for. Its a little more detailed and could also be used as a stand alone mode not just for Battle Station.
  • Waitwaitwait, so it's like a 'choose your own adventure' book where phase I dictates the following rounds? Good God man, you're a genius, that's awesome.
  • I made a similar suggestion in another thread for the same reason. There is NO incentive for IMPS to win phase 1, not only because it stops the game, but it ensures we all have to play ANOTHER 10 minutes of flying, and still have no guarantee of phase 2.

    I predicts IMPS will routinely start throwing the game on purpose in phase 1.

    Another "branching paths" idea would be that, if the IMPS win phase 1, they tractor beam the tantive IV, and there is a tantive IV map where the rebels have to hold their ground and defend it. If the rebels win, the Tantive IV breaks free and they escape. The Death Star follows them to Yavin and you have an "alternate" trench run scenario(the specifics of which I'm not sure). If the rebels lose, we can actually see the death star blow something up!

    If the IMPS win at the tantive IV, maybe phase 3 is another infantry mission to rescue the princess on the death star, then phase 4 is trench run as it normally is.

    I'm getting a bit in the weeds here. Just spit balling.

    My point is, the previous phases need to effect the subsequent phases, otherwise you might as well have three separate game modes. As it stands, the motivations are completely screwed up. Does DICE assume that the people playing imperial don't WANT to play phases 2 and 3? Very bizarre reasoning to me.
  • SpaceMan wrote: »
    I made a similar suggestion in another thread for the same reason. There is NO incentive for IMPS to win phase 1, not only because it stops the game, but it ensures we all have to play ANOTHER 10 minutes of flying, and still have no guarantee of phase 2.

    I predicts IMPS will routinely start throwing the game on purpose in phase 1.

    Another "branching paths" idea would be that, if the IMPS win phase 1, they tractor beam the tantive IV, and there is a tantive IV map where the rebels have to hold their ground and defend it. If the rebels win, the Tantive IV breaks free and they escape. The Death Star follows them to Yavin and you have an "alternate" trench run scenario(the specifics of which I'm not sure). If the rebels lose, we can actually see the death star blow something up!

    If the IMPS win at the tantive IV, maybe phase 3 is another infantry mission to rescue the princess on the death star, then phase 4 is trench run as it normally is.

    I'm getting a bit in the weeds here. Just spit balling.

    My point is, the previous phases need to effect the subsequent phases, otherwise you might as well have three separate game modes. As it stands, the motivations are completely screwed up. Does DICE assume that the people playing imperial don't WANT to play phases 2 and 3? Very bizarre reasoning to me.

    If they have the time and authorisation to add Tantive IV for that, or at least another unnamed CR-90 interior, that'd be incredible.
  • Maybe even have the third phase be the Imperials trying to stop the Rebels from deactivating the Death Star's shields. It would be awesome to have a mixture of HvsV, Sabotage, Walker Assault. Maybe have ALL heroes and rebels protect point A, B, and C while ALL Villians and stormtroopers try to deactivate them. Maybe on a different Endor map or a new one altogether.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    SpaceMan wrote: »
    My point is, the previous phases need to effect the subsequent phases, otherwise you might as well have three separate game modes. As it stands, the motivations are completely screwed up. Does DICE assume that the people playing imperial don't WANT to play phases 2 and 3? Very bizarre reasoning to me.
    Some less experienced pilots or plsyers that dont like flying, do just let the Rebells win so they can get to Phase 2.

    The problem is that the players that do enjoy the flying are being screwed over by trolls letting the Rebels win Phase 1.

    Honestly alot of pilots dont want to play Phase 2 but they still want to play Phase 3.

    If Gamechangers hadnt requested infantry combat for space battles we wouldnt even have to have this debate. It couldve been
    Space Assault mode
    Phase 2 mode
    Trenchrun mode
    Some other mode

    4 seperate modes instead of one long mode only half the players like.



  • ThirdDegreePun
    1992 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The other option is that it progresses anyway, as the whole battle is meant to be a 'diversion', but the difference is that if you fail as the rebels you have half as long (or so) to get R2-D2 out! This way you're not fighting so much to progress, but to give your ground troops the best chance they have! All it has to do narrative-wise is for us to assume they're two separate battles instead of one :smile:

    But if they had time to add a new mode/map or anything I'd be down for that! I just don't think it'll happen given they're going to be working on Rogue One now :disappointed:
  • Though the OP idea is very cool i stay with Dotty.
    Pilot modes for the pilots and infantry modes for infantry.
    (or modes where you have ground and air/space battles at the same time.)
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The other option is that it progresses anyway, as the whole battle is meant to be a 'diversion', but the difference is that if you fail as the rebels you have half as long (or so) to get R2-D2 out! This way you're not fighting so much to progress, but to give your ground troops the best chance they have! All it has to do narrative-wise is for us to assume they're two separate battles instead of one :smile:

    But if they had time to add a new mode/map or anything I'd be down for that! I just don't think it'll happen given they're going to be working on Rogue One now :disappointed:
    Read the topic that idea came from and why its a bad idea to let Rebels win by default.

  • Dotty wrote: »
    The other option is that it progresses anyway, as the whole battle is meant to be a 'diversion', but the difference is that if you fail as the rebels you have half as long (or so) to get R2-D2 out! This way you're not fighting so much to progress, but to give your ground troops the best chance they have! All it has to do narrative-wise is for us to assume they're two separate battles instead of one :smile:

    But if they had time to add a new mode/map or anything I'd be down for that! I just don't think it'll happen given they're going to be working on Rogue One now :disappointed:
    Read the topic that idea came from and why its a bad idea to let Rebels win by default.

    Do you have a link? I don't see anything wrong with that, you're fighting over a resource (time) but can still play at least 2/3rds of the map and be relentless as the Imperials in Phase I.
  • bfloo
    14501 posts Member
    I like the idea and am all for it.

    I don't think Imps will always throw the game after people lose interest and go back to other modes. That doesn't happen in Sabotage, where Imps don't get the hero tokens until after the generators are blown up.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dotty wrote: »
    The other option is that it progresses anyway, as the whole battle is meant to be a 'diversion', but the difference is that if you fail as the rebels you have half as long (or so) to get R2-D2 out! This way you're not fighting so much to progress, but to give your ground troops the best chance they have! All it has to do narrative-wise is for us to assume they're two separate battles instead of one :smile:

    But if they had time to add a new mode/map or anything I'd be down for that! I just don't think it'll happen given they're going to be working on Rogue One now :disappointed:
    Read the topic that idea came from and why its a bad idea to let Rebels win by default.

    Do you have a link? I don't see anything wrong with that, you're fighting over a resource (time) but can still play at least 2/3rds of the map and be relentless as the Imperials in Phase I.
    To sum up its a slap in the face for Imp players because letting rebels move on to the next phase deafeats the purpose of even having a victory. Does Dice let the Empire advance to the second uplink if the Rebels kill the ATAT at the first uplink? No so why shouldnt Imps get that victory for stopping the rebels at the first phase. It like giving the rebels a free pass just because they cried. Empire doesnt cry its not fair if they lose in WA during the first uplink if they lose to the rebels. (though some do blaming teammates as bad players)

    How do you not have a link considering thats where you got the idea from?
  • If you played the mode then you should know that by the timer expires the rebels lose all their cruisers.
  • Very good idea Alefarias96, I'm all for it! Vader could also have a "trenchrun" for the imperials at phase 3 the timer could be the time before the rebel fleet jumps to hyperspace and escapes not actually shiled generators, etc.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Osskscosco wrote: »
    If you played the mode then you should know that by the timer expires the rebels lose all their cruisers.
    Are you talking about respawning back in after you die? If so thats the same thing in FS. If you die you have a hard time getting back to kill that Transport in time to stop it. Or like WA if you die and the Ywings go away before you respawn or get back in range to shoot the ATAT.

    At least in Phase 1 you dont have to build up the amount of ywings like WA. You have a set amount. Imo WA is slightly imbalanced because relies on capping uplinks. No uplinks capped = no ywing time to shoot the ATAT.

  • ThirdDegreePun
    1992 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dotty wrote: »
    Dotty wrote: »
    The other option is that it progresses anyway, as the whole battle is meant to be a 'diversion', but the difference is that if you fail as the rebels you have half as long (or so) to get R2-D2 out! This way you're not fighting so much to progress, but to give your ground troops the best chance they have! All it has to do narrative-wise is for us to assume they're two separate battles instead of one :smile:

    But if they had time to add a new mode/map or anything I'd be down for that! I just don't think it'll happen given they're going to be working on Rogue One now :disappointed:
    Read the topic that idea came from and why its a bad idea to let Rebels win by default.

    Do you have a link? I don't see anything wrong with that, you're fighting over a resource (time) but can still play at least 2/3rds of the map and be relentless as the Imperials in Phase I.
    To sum up its a slap in the face for Imp players because letting rebels move on to the next phase deafeats the purpose of even having a victory. Does Dice let the Empire advance to the second uplink if the Rebels kill the ATAT at the first uplink? No so why shouldnt Imps get that victory for stopping the rebels at the first phase. It like giving the rebels a free pass just because they cried. Empire doesnt cry its not fair if they lose in WA during the first uplink if they lose to the rebels. (though some do blaming teammates as bad players)

    How do you not have a link considering thats where you got the idea from?
    • I didn't get the idea from a thread. It is in fact possible for people to come up with similar ideas
    • It's not a slap in the face though? It's not the same as an uplink which is just one opportunity to attack the Walker, it's more like asking 'what's the point of WA when you move onto another map anyway?'. The point is that you won, and as I said you've impacted upon phase 2 by reducing their time.
    • Narrative wise it makes more sense. It's more likely they'd have two teams to get into the Death Star, a diversion to draw their attention whilst the real troopers slip inside. Naturally if the Rebels don't do well in the diversion, the Imperials would figure out what's happening and be able to respond more effectively to what's going on INSIDE the death star.
    • They're three distinct modes tied together in a kind-of Story Arc, I don't think you lose ANYTHING by making it so you always get to do the first two phases of the game, I'm sure it'd make a lot of people happier :smile:
  • SpaceMan wrote: »
    I made a similar suggestion in another thread for the same reason. There is NO incentive for IMPS to win phase 1, not only because it stops the game, but it ensures we all have to play ANOTHER 10 minutes of flying, and still have no guarantee of phase 2.

    I predicts IMPS will routinely start throwing the game on purpose in phase 1.

    Another "branching paths" idea would be that, if the IMPS win phase 1, they tractor beam the tantive IV, and there is a tantive IV map where the rebels have to hold their ground and defend it. If the rebels win, the Tantive IV breaks free and they escape. The Death Star follows them to Yavin and you have an "alternate" trench run scenario(the specifics of which I'm not sure). If the rebels lose, we can actually see the death star blow something up!

    If the IMPS win at the tantive IV, maybe phase 3 is another infantry mission to rescue the princess on the death star, then phase 4 is trench run as it normally is.

    I'm getting a bit in the weeds here. Just spit balling.

    My point is, the previous phases need to effect the subsequent phases, otherwise you might as well have three separate game modes. As it stands, the motivations are completely screwed up. Does DICE assume that the people playing imperial don't WANT to play phases 2 and 3? Very bizarre reasoning to me.

    If they have the time and authorisation to add Tantive IV for that, or at least another unnamed CR-90 interior, that'd be incredible.

    Yeah I really like this idea. Could be a sort of turning point style game where the empire has to secure each section of the ship before they can move on to the next one. They could take advantage of the ships levels so rather than progressing horizontally they move up/down a level before reaching the bridge for the final shootout.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dotty wrote: »
    Dotty wrote: »
    The other option is that it progresses anyway, as the whole battle is meant to be a 'diversion', but the difference is that if you fail as the rebels you have half as long (or so) to get R2-D2 out! This way you're not fighting so much to progress, but to give your ground troops the best chance they have! All it has to do narrative-wise is for us to assume they're two separate battles instead of one :smile:

    But if they had time to add a new mode/map or anything I'd be down for that! I just don't think it'll happen given they're going to be working on Rogue One now :disappointed:
    Read the topic that idea came from and why its a bad idea to let Rebels win by default.

    Do you have a link? I don't see anything wrong with that, you're fighting over a resource (time) but can still play at least 2/3rds of the map and be relentless as the Imperials in Phase I.
    To sum up its a slap in the face for Imp players because letting rebels move on to the next phase deafeats the purpose of even having a victory. Does Dice let the Empire advance to the second uplink if the Rebels kill the ATAT at the first uplink? No so why shouldnt Imps get that victory for stopping the rebels at the first phase. It like giving the rebels a free pass just because they cried. Empire doesnt cry its not fair if they lose in WA during the first uplink if they lose to the rebels. (though some do blaming teammates as bad players)

    How do you not have a link considering thats where you got the idea from?
    • I didn't get the idea from a thread. It is in fact possible for people to come up with similar ideas
    • It's not a slap in the face though? It's not the same as an uplink which is just one opportunity to attack the Walker, it's more like asking 'what's the point of WA when you move onto another map anyway?'. The point is that you won, and as I said you've impacted upon phase 2 by reducing their time.
    • Narrative wise it makes more sense. It's more likely they'd have two teams to get into the Death Star, a diversion to draw their attention whilst the real troopers slip inside. Naturally if the Rebels don't do well in the diversion, the Imperials would figure out what's happening and be able to respond more effectively to what's going on INSIDE the death star.
    • They're three distinct modes tied together in a kind-of Story Arc, I don't think you lose ANYTHING by making it so you always get to do the first two phases of the game, I'm sure it'd make a lot of people happier :smile:
    Its just like WA, if you destroy the ATAT you win as a rebel and the empire loses. Rebels have 1 chance to win Phase 1. If they lose they lose. You lose a victory by allowing them to continue after defeat.

    Its a bad idea and shouldnt be used imo.


    You did get the idea from another topic since you used almost identical wording from that topic. Im done debating anything with you. You use others ideas and claim theyre your own instead of giving the author credit. What make it even funnier is that you say you compiled a list from other topics. So.... I think @Soul_Phoenix_42 would disagrre as its based on his exact topic. A Realistic fix for BattlStation.

  • All awesome ideas, but I think that the developers are too lazy to do such complicated stuff. They also have no time due to the fact that they want to grab the biggest amount of cash in the shortest amount of time. Thus leaving them with minimal time to make thing and therefore we now see a "barebones" DLC. Vicious cycle, yes.
  • Dotty wrote: »
    Dotty wrote: »
    Dotty wrote: »
    The other option is that it progresses anyway, as the whole battle is meant to be a 'diversion', but the difference is that if you fail as the rebels you have half as long (or so) to get R2-D2 out! This way you're not fighting so much to progress, but to give your ground troops the best chance they have! All it has to do narrative-wise is for us to assume they're two separate battles instead of one :smile:

    But if they had time to add a new mode/map or anything I'd be down for that! I just don't think it'll happen given they're going to be working on Rogue One now :disappointed:
    Read the topic that idea came from and why its a bad idea to let Rebels win by default.

    Do you have a link? I don't see anything wrong with that, you're fighting over a resource (time) but can still play at least 2/3rds of the map and be relentless as the Imperials in Phase I.
    To sum up its a slap in the face for Imp players because letting rebels move on to the next phase deafeats the purpose of even having a victory. Does Dice let the Empire advance to the second uplink if the Rebels kill the ATAT at the first uplink? No so why shouldnt Imps get that victory for stopping the rebels at the first phase. It like giving the rebels a free pass just because they cried. Empire doesnt cry its not fair if they lose in WA during the first uplink if they lose to the rebels. (though some do blaming teammates as bad players)

    How do you not have a link considering thats where you got the idea from?
    • I didn't get the idea from a thread. It is in fact possible for people to come up with similar ideas
    • It's not a slap in the face though? It's not the same as an uplink which is just one opportunity to attack the Walker, it's more like asking 'what's the point of WA when you move onto another map anyway?'. The point is that you won, and as I said you've impacted upon phase 2 by reducing their time.
    • Narrative wise it makes more sense. It's more likely they'd have two teams to get into the Death Star, a diversion to draw their attention whilst the real troopers slip inside. Naturally if the Rebels don't do well in the diversion, the Imperials would figure out what's happening and be able to respond more effectively to what's going on INSIDE the death star.
    • They're three distinct modes tied together in a kind-of Story Arc, I don't think you lose ANYTHING by making it so you always get to do the first two phases of the game, I'm sure it'd make a lot of people happier :smile:
    Its just like WA, if you destroy the ATAT you win as a rebel and the empire loses. Rebels have 1 chance to win Phase 1. If they lose they lose. You lose a victory by allowing them to continue after defeat.

    Its a bad idea and shouldnt be used imo.


    You did get the idea from another topic since you used almost identical wording from that topic. Im done debating anything with you. You use others ideas and claim theyre your own instead of giving the author credit. What make it even funnier is that you say you compiled a list from other topics. So....

    I still haven't seen the thread you're talking about...but okay. I don't need credit for the idea, I think it's a more realistic expectation of something the devs could do to improve the flow of Battlestation and stop it from ending too soon. This way you at least get both types of combat: land and space.

    Anyway I don't care Dotty..you're too busy trying to shame and attack me you're not actually listening. You're entitled to your opinions, it's a shame you're so aggressive about trying to enforce them on others though.
  • Captain_Apollo38
    562 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    SpaceMan wrote: »
    I made a similar suggestion in another thread for the same reason. There is NO incentive for IMPS to win phase 1, not only because it stops the game, but it ensures we all have to play ANOTHER 10 minutes of flying, and still have no guarantee of phase 2.

    I predicts IMPS will routinely start throwing the game on purpose in phase 1.

    Another "branching paths" idea would be that, if the IMPS win phase 1, they tractor beam the tantive IV, and there is a tantive IV map where the rebels have to hold their ground and defend it. If the rebels win, the Tantive IV breaks free and they escape. The Death Star follows them to Yavin and you have an "alternate" trench run scenario(the specifics of which I'm not sure). If the rebels lose, we can actually see the death star blow something up!

    If the IMPS win at the tantive IV, maybe phase 3 is another infantry mission to rescue the princess on the death star, then phase 4 is trench run as it normally is.

    I'm getting a bit in the weeds here. Just spit balling.

    My point is, the previous phases need to effect the subsequent phases, otherwise you might as well have three separate game modes. As it stands, the motivations are completely screwed up. Does DICE assume that the people playing imperial don't WANT to play phases 2 and 3? Very bizarre reasoning to me.

    If they have the time and authorisation to add Tantive IV for that, or at least another unnamed CR-90 interior, that'd be incredible.

    Yeah I really like this idea. Could be a sort of turning point style game where the empire has to secure each section of the ship before they can move on to the next one. They could take advantage of the ships levels so rather than progressing horizontally they move up/down a level before reaching the bridge for the final shootout.

    Adding previous post: if imps won on tantive IV maybe it goes to an alternative history with WA on Yavin IV.

    Probably way more than we'd ever get but I can dream
  • I agree that this mode can be tough for the Rebels:

    The Rebels CANNOT win overall in phase 1 but the Empire can.
    The Rebels CANNOT win overall in phase 2 but the Empire can.
    The Rebels CAN ONLY win overall in phase 3, as can the Empire.

    Will this lead some players to only want to play as the Empire and quit if they get drawn into the Rebels at the start??
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    MikeyFett wrote: »
    I agree that this mode can be tough for the Rebels:

    The Rebels CANNOT win overall in phase 1 but the Empire can.
    The Rebels CANNOT win overall in phase 2 but the Empire can.
    The Rebels CAN ONLY win overall in phase 3, as can the Empire.

    Will this lead some players to only want to play as the Empire and quit if they get drawn into the Rebels at the start??
    People claimed the samething during the beta,. "Its impossible for Rebels to win." "The Empire is Op" etc. A week later, Rebels were winning almost every game.

    Its been 2 days. Not everyone has learned how to play yet just like the beta. At the very least people need to give people time to learn but if TIEs troll n hide how will they learn to win when theyre they Rebels? PTO as Rebels and you can win.

  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    I hope this idea gets implemented.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

    28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak


  • I could hear the emperor saying "Wipe them out"
  • Why would anyone want the Empire to win phase 1 when the best phase follows it.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited September 2016
    A mode that follows Star Wars story based on the outcome would be awesome.
    Rebel possibilities :
    Outer Rim Droid run/ Maybe HvV with Solo Chewie and Luke on DS vs Vader Boba and Palp.
    Code it so after so many trooper kills Heroes can spawn in Leia in the Detention level.
    Bossk enters the fight.. whoever wins prompts the next phase Trench Run or Empire Strikes Back blockade.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

    28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak


  • Why would anyone want the Empire to win phase 1 when the best phase follows it.

    I wonder the same. This is a problem.
    giphy.gif
  • Incentives would win for the Empire, if they win the Phase 1 they will have to attack the rebels cruises that are on the map. The Imperials could destroy most ships and finally achieve the goal when the Death Star fires his laser to one of the Mon Calamari cruiser remaining . It's something that would make it more interesting way . Then , in Phase 1 if the Empire wins: No it's game over . -They Must end the rebel fleet. - Final Cinematic , Death Star fires and destroys a cruise Mon Calamari.
    How about this idea?

    Sorry if there are mistakes, but English is not my language.


    This is an awesome idea @Jaywal @Sledgehammer70
    @FireWall
  • There is a reason for imps to win the first round.
    Good pilots make here 10.000 - 20.000 points in a few minutes.
    (and a faster victory for the stats) o:)
  • Or to simply things, just have a space combat mode like phase 1 where both teams try to take out the enemy ships. All fighters are playable.
  • Why would anyone want the Empire to win phase 1 when the best phase follows it.

    I wonder the same. This is a problem.

    Yeah they definitely should add some alternate modes that are unique to an Empire win. Like the above idea of Tantive IV boarding for Phase II if the Empire wins Phase I. IMO have two Phase 3 options based on how Phase 2 evolves: Trench Run if Rebels win (as is currently), WA on Yavin IV if Empire wins.

    Or heck they could make Phase II sabotage on the Death Star maps they already made (so less resources require than creating a whole new Tantive IV map). Then they'd only have to come up with a unique Phase III if Empire wins Phase II.
  • russell171717
    58 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I like the idea
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Incentives would win for the Empire, if they win the Phase 1 they will have to attack the rebels cruises that are on the map. The Imperials could destroy most ships and finally achieve the goal when the Death Star fires his laser to one of the Mon Calamari cruiser remaining . It's something that would make it more interesting way . Then , in Phase 1 if the Empire wins: No it's game over . -They Must end the rebel fleet. - Final Cinematic , Death Star fires and destroys a cruise Mon Calamari.
    How about this idea?

    Sorry if there are mistakes, but English is not my language.


    This is an awesome idea @Jaywal @Sledgehammer70
    @FireWall

    Someone fly this guy to Sweden
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

    28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak


  • Dotty wrote: »
    Osskscosco wrote: »
    If you played the mode then you should know that by the timer expires the rebels lose all their cruisers.
    Are you talking about respawning back in after you die? If so thats the same thing in FS. If you die you have a hard time getting back to kill that Transport in time to stop it. Or like WA if you die and the Ywings go away before you respawn or get back in range to shoot the ATAT.

    At least in Phase 1 you dont have to build up the amount of ywings like WA. You have a set amount. Imo WA is slightly imbalanced because relies on capping uplinks. No uplinks capped = no ywing time to shoot the ATAT.

    No, story wise the rebels lose their Mon Calamari cruisers and have to break off the attack. Around 1 min Ackbar says that only have 1 more cruiser or something like that.
  • Why would anyone want the Empire to win phase 1 when the best phase follows it.

    You mean the grenade spam phase right? That is by far the worst phase in the mode.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Why would anyone want the Empire to win phase 1 when the best phase follows it.

    ^ exactly...that is why I will tank the phase as an Imp, bring on the blasters.
  • Support this idea, besides the ships Y-wing, tie bomber, tie defender and tie bomber drivable
    JEFF GOLDBLUM A GOD

  • I win a lot as the Empire on phase one. I always do my duties and don't throw a game.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Alternatively phase 2 could be guaranteed with phase 1 determining the amount of time rebels get to rescue R2.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!