criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

A mistake I see a lot of players do

I've noticed that players rush to a AT-ST or Hero token spawn and just blindly try and call it in without getting to cover. Thus, they die and we lose a valuable asset temporarily. If you're one of these people, just check your surroundings and if there is a battle going on jumpack to safety or personal shield.

Replies

• Yeah, even I did do this sometimes. Thinking it operates how it did before a patch or two ago, where you were instantly invincible.
  • Yea, I've done this more times than not, but in my defense, hero pickups only come once in a great while for me. So, I kind of have tunnel vision to try and obtain it. I thought it was much better when you had a small period of invincibility to make your choice.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • Yes I always pop a sheild if I have one . Another great trick after getting a Hero token is jet packing into the air and activating it mid flight.
    Because if I see an enemy pick up a Hero token I will try my hardest to take you out.
  • I've blundered into booby traps: prox mines or they set up with the pulse rifle. I really wish their locations were randomized. :/
  • Or even worse, I was playing my first Death Star match as the Empire, saw the hero token, and in my excitement to immediately get to play Vader's TIE Advanced, I sped towards it forgetting that I don't know the layout of this map yet. Got the token and crashed on an outcropping as I pulled up.
  • Guilty! I rarely see a hero token on the big maps and when I do I normally run/jump/bounce to it as quick as I can and I my excitement forget about the camper hiding behind a rock who takes me out when the loading circle is half full.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    Guilty! I rarely see a hero token on the big maps and when I do I normally run/jump/bounce to it as quick as I can and I my excitement forget about the camper hiding behind a rock who takes me out when the loading circle is half full.

+1
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png