criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Can we have some confirmation that server issues are being looked at?

Prev13
Couldn't finish a game on supremacy as the server booted me out every time. Net connection is fine, also put this into the bug report bit.

But can we have some official contact saying its being investigated? And its not going to be a monthly fix kinda thing? A lot of people will be put off with this and other big modes acting up. The silence is deafening....
PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• The game in general needs to be looked at, at the moment. It's so broken this week that it's actually hilarious.

Last night alone I got kicked out of two Supremacy games in a row, both right in the last minute. I gave up on Supremacy and went to Walker Assault because I know the connection problem hasn't been affecting that as badly.

It was ok for a couple of games although I didn't get assigned a partner at all, but then my last three games I was either playing on a team with 5 heroes or playing against a team with 5 heroes, there was an uplink that had been turned off by the empire that was still giving the rebels Y Wings, and the connection was all over the place. I'm hardwired in so it wasn't affecting me as badly, but some players were jumping badly.
  • Its madness - not even being able to play the game is bad.

Its the big modes that get hit - I tried 5 supremacy games in a row and got kicked from all about 5 mins in!
  • The company and developers obviously do not care! Game servers have been horrible for a long time now! It will never get fixed.
  • My game just crashes out of nowhere then over and over. Put it in repair mode then it's fine for a while then right back to crashing over and over. It's just a mess.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Its madness - not even being able to play the game is bad.

Its the big modes that get hit - I tried 5 supremacy games in a row and got kicked from all about 5 mins in!

Yep. DICE needs to sort out their servers
    Rest in Peace, Kenny Baker

- Lord of the Hues
  • LoganTNZ wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

is it DICE or is it EA that's responsible for server maintenance?
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • irishtim7 wrote: »
    LoganTNZ wrote: »
    DarthJ wrote: »

is it DICE or is it EA that's responsible for server maintenance?

DICE has to divert players into servers and EA has to keep servers running. So technically it's both their responsibility.

- Lord of the Hues
  • IVIaster_LUKE
    1567 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    If it isn't...

therellbehelltopay.gif

@DarthJ @DarthPorkinsRIP It's nice to see some Darth's out and about. ;)
    luke.png
  • The darth clan!

Someone suggested that the devs would probably fix it next patch! Surely they can't ignore this til then?!
  • I was just dropped from two games and then battlefront totally restarted, which was odd. My internet is completely fine so I'd mark this up to be a server issue as well. I've been dropped from a total of 3 games in the last two days.
  • Were they all supremacy mate?
  • One was. The other two were Walker Assault. I tried to start a Death Star DLC game but it wouldn't connect me.
  • Its all been supremacy for me.
  • I encountered this 3 times on saturday all in supremacy. Havent had it in other modes however.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    Its all been supremacy for me.

HvV for me. It's so laggy, I can't even walk.

- Lord of the Hues
  • I have only encountered it twice in Walker Assault.
  • Ive had problems with Walker Assault
  • Cannot finish a supremacy game!
  • Cannot finish a supremacy game!

PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Malbolzcha
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Cannot finish a supremacy game!

• I said this before, (9/24) but I tried WA today and it was the same stuttering, lagging, disconnections ridiculousness.

Instead of making what could have been the best SWBF game ever, EA has decided to not support SWBF with reliable servers therefore making the game unplayable. Granted there are some problem items that are development related, but lousy servers is not one of them.

The constant long load time, incorrect information, lag, stuttering, jumping, freezing, and frequent disconnections and then to have the end game menu show full strength! Really!? It feels more like a scam and nobody likes getting scammed. The times I have been able to play SWBF with no connection issues were great but those days are non-existent now. Great visuals and audio, game play immersion show what a great job the developers have done (incomplete DS DLC aside) but unfortunately the lack of sever support renders all that hard work left sitting on the shelf and not in the console. Too bad.

If the other games I play online do not have connection problem and my internet connection is good then where is the problem? It has to be at EA and their poor server support. Money comes and money goes, so I'm out the $50 for the season pass, no big deal and lesson learned. I do know that I have made my decision when it come to purchasing SWBF2. It is not happening.

XBOX1 West Coast U.S.
    #StarWars-y
  • WA has now been OK for me, just rare lag. Supremacy I now avoid, which ia sad as its my favourite mode.
  • Soon™

- Lord of the Hues
  • The end result of all this lack of support and content will only lead to the Battlefront series demise. From this point forward fewer and fewer people will purchase Battlefront games, which will eventually lead to the publisher not producing it. If Battlefront 2 drops and things do not drastically improve I will predict that there will be no Battlefront 3. It will have all started with EA/DICE's lack of support. Just sad.
  • It was bad last night, could barely play a game of Blast without the lag kicking in, then I was being kicked out of the game completely and having to reboot my Xbox1
    I've an Ethernet connection which gives me a constant download speed of around 40mbps
    UK based player
  • DarthSven wrote: »
    It was bad last night, could barely play a game of Blast without the lag kicking in, then I was being kicked out of the game completely and having to reboot my Xbox1
    I've an Ethernet connection which gives me a constant download speed of around 40mbps
    UK based player

Im UK too, PS4 though. Net is fine but supremacy just won't stay on! Other modes are working.
  • The company and developers obviously do not care! Game servers have been horrible for a long time now! It will never get fixed.

Why would they care at this point? They capitalized off the franchise and did the old "bait and switch" with showing promise and entertainment from the beginning and then destroying the mechanics that worked and creating a mess. It's unfortunate but they still got paid. It's like the South Park cable company episode. Lol.
  • Hey all - We've been looking into the issue and thus far haven't see anything jump out at us as a clear cause. Early tests with the server patch looked to have some improvement when we tried them internally but that didn't carry over into the live environment as much as we had hoped.

But thanks to your notes, we've been able to narrow it down to the big game modes - more specifically Supremacy. Initial reports weren't clear so we were looking everywhere. The last few days have been helpful. We're still digging. We appreciate your patience and hope to have more info soon.
    -Paul Keslin, Producer on Battlefront
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    Hey all - We've been looking into the issue and thus far haven't see anything jump out at us as a clear cause. Early tests with the server patch looked to have some improvement when we tried them internally but that didn't carry over into the live environment as much as we had hoped.

But thanks to your notes, we've been able to narrow it down to the big game modes - more specifically Supremacy. Initial reports weren't clear so we were looking everywhere. The last few days have been helpful. We're still digging. We appreciate your patience and hope to have more info soon.
    A Developer just replied -_^ wuuuutttt?
    Glad to hear this sir and thanks for listening ❤❤❤❤

• Hey all - We've been looking into the issue and thus far haven't see anything jump out at us as a clear cause. Early tests with the server patch looked to have some improvement when we tried them internally but that didn't carry over into the live environment as much as we had hoped.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Dotty wrote: »
    Hey all - We've been looking into the issue and thus far haven't see anything jump out at us as a clear cause. Early tests with the server patch looked to have some improvement when we tried them internally but that didn't carry over into the live environment as much as we had hoped.

A Developer just replied -_^ wuuuutttt?
    Glad to hear this sir and thanks for listening ❤❤❤❤

• Old_fella_1963
    4697 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The majority mentions of supremacy in these forums Was a BIG clue. ...perhaps you'll pop by more often as we do have some ideas and clue what is going on with SWBF

Thankyou sir, appreciate the response! I just really love supremacy...

I think posts like this one would help out if they happened more often. Please share with the rest of the development team. An open line of communication between development team and community is a good look.
  • Haven't been able to complete a round of supremacy since update. Ps4 Tennessee
    Please fix. I'm breaking furniture
  • Smh2016 wrote: »
    Haven't been able to complete a round of supremacy since update. Ps4 Tennessee
    Please fix. I'm breaking furniture

I'm right there with you haven't been able to play any of the biggest games since the dlc dropped and feel the urge to break things every time I'm kicked.
  • Bobas_Feet
    79 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Thank you for replying TheVestalViking....

Can you please check out this footage from my last game a few minutes ago, it's from a PS4 and is the 3rd game crash on the 3rd game today... can you offer an explanation as to why this is happening? My NAT is open and it happens all the time. The lag is really bad.

I'm not sure if I can post game footage here. I read through the ToS and didn't see it say anywhere I couldn't. Please just delete it if I'm not supposed to or let me know and I won't in the future. Thanks.
  • But it isn't just Supremacy. I keep getting kicked out of WA mode, usually in the final moments of the match. So frustrating!
    PSN: Tallion828
  • In Latam i couldn't find a Supremacy or Bespin match since Death Star came out. And fix the heroes glitch on WA, i get so stress when that happens
  • I got kicked out of Vanilla Fighter Squadron on the Jundland Wastes yesterday.
  • It's not just the big arenas. I play Blast on ps4 and I haven't had a complete game in days. Lag, booted, restart, killed through obstructions, yo-yo, extremely frustrating. So glad I got Star Trek online for free so I can have space battles and some ground work to do. I would much rather play battlefront though. Love the death star maps. Found the dionaga in the compactor!
  • The lag and drops are also happening on Turning Point on PS4. Nothing like playing a match and receiving the red bad connection banner across the screen. I've also gotten booted with less than a minute to play several times.

Robert
  • Yeah, happen to Me again, I got Solo in the Carbonate Chamber and right when I was on a good kill streak then the red bad connection notice happen then it cut Me off!!!!!!!! Oh was so freakin' mad!
    "Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
  • Season pass beta testers mount up!
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Season pass beta testers mount up!

HueHueHue!!
    For real though...

Having same issues here.
    Mostly Supremacy. Walker Assault a few times.
    Ps4 Hard Wired. California.

Thank you Viking for responding with the information.
  • Still happening during DS and V - WA. I got really fed up and quit. I hope this server bull gets fixed soon please!
    "Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
  • I've been dropped from the server multiple times over the last two weeks while playing Supremacy, my favorite mode. Quite frustrating. A friend and I who often partner together noted that it seems like it happens more often on Jundland Wastes than any other map. I can't swear to that and don't have any kind of proof, but that's been our mutual experience, and so I mention here in case it might help isolate the problem. Sometimes we're able to get through multiple maps before the server messes up on us, and play is fairly smooth and lag-free until that point, then Jundland pops up in the rotation and the server usually crashes after five minute or so of choppy slow connection play.

I have seen same issue with WA but maybe not that often like Supremacy.

@TheVestalViking Are you also aware of the hero-problems, like invisible heroes in Heroes vs Villains, multi-hero glitch, Hero screen freezes in Outer Rim and Black Screen after spawning as hero?
  • Hi @CS2107 - Yep, we're tracking those as well. They're not as widely impacting the way these lag/disconnects/crashes are, but we're looking at them as well. Appreciate you mentioning them!
    -Paul Keslin, Producer on Battlefront