criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Between RO and EA Battlefront 2...

What will we in the span of almost a year between dec 2016 and release of ep8 and possibly Battlefront 2 in dec 2017?

Replies

• If I'm honest, I can't see anything content wise, other than skirmish additions. Possibly patches for balancing.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Always in motion the future is.
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    If I'm honest, I can't see anything content wise, other than skirmish additions. Possibly patches for balancing.

PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • COD 4 remastered and BF1.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    If I'm honest, I can't see anything content wise, other than skirmish additions. Possibly patches for balancing.

I echo this. I think that, at most, we'll get a few balancing patches and maybe *maybe* an update to Skirmish.

I think 2017 will be all about promoting Battlefront 2. As such, there won't be much of a marketing push towards this edition of Battlefront. Free maps/new free content are a form of marketing for the game and by February/March, EA won't need to focus on getting people to buy this Battlefront. They'll be working on drumming up hype for the next one.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • So for a year straight we will get nothing new other than Skirmish and patching? Hmm, what about Mos Eisley, Yavin, Ben and IG88? They surely could add them. A year for crying our loud, how much time do they need? If they want to promote Battlefront 2, wouldn't making people happy for the next year help?
  • What will we in the span of almost a year between dec 2016 and release of ep8 and possibly Battlefront 2 in dec 2017?

giphy.gif
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • Balmain24 wrote: »
    COD 4 remastered and BF1.

Lets just stick with Cod. This game is great and all, but too much was missing for me to think battlefield warrants a purchase.
  • Tacomaster wrote: »
    Balmain24 wrote: »

Lets just stick with Cod. This game is great and all, but too much was missing for me to think battlefield warrants a purchase.

True. Besides, I didn't even like the beta that much. COD 4 online FTW o:)
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    There are alot of SW fans out there and to make them wait one year without adding any new content would kind of make devs look lazy and make fans feel neglected. I have hopes we might see Mos Eisley after all.

If only @FireWall could give us abit more insight on what kind of content we might be expecting over the course of the next year, we'd all be much happier.
  • What will we in the span of almost a year between dec 2016 and release of ep8 and possibly Battlefront 2 in dec 2017?

giphy.gif

• If rumors are true maybe DBZ budokai tenkaichi 3 hd remake
  • There was a dev tweet a few days ago confirming 'nothing to speak of' planned for 2017. I can't say I blame them given the point we're at in the game's cycle, but it does suck.
  • Wish they'd stop being OT master race babies and just add the pre-quel era. I want to have an Anakin/Obi-Wan duel already.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    What will we in the span of almost a year between dec 2016 and release of ep8 and possibly Battlefront 2 in dec 2017?
    Battlefield 1 and other Star Wars games.
    I am aware that two years development time are not enough for Dice, maybe for EA Motive but not for Dice if they almost use all resources on the Battlefield series.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I'm PRAYING that we get all the dlc transitioned to skirmish during that time... Or maybe earlier :)
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I am aware that two years development time are not enough for Dice, maybe for EA Motive but not for Dice if they almost use all resources on the Battlefield series.

This wont make the present players very happy. People will get bored not to mention angry waiting a year. They shouldnt have a problem releasing Mos Eisley and Yavin for free for example. They need to expand and be able to handle both Battlefield and Battlefront all together and have room to do other things.

This wont make the present players very happy. People will get bored waiting a year. They shouldnt have a problem releasing Mos Eisley and Yavin for free for example. They need to expand and be able to handle both Battlefield and Battlefront all together and have room to do other things.
    Yes, sure you are right. But this are the customers asking since the beginning and when I am watching the state of the game after every release of a DLC, I don't want this content in this game anymore (hoping for BF2). Nevertheless it would be cool to get more DLCs or free content as long as Dice developers start fixing bugs and test their software (and after testing fixing the bugs lol).
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

giphy.gif

:D
    Palpatine may or may not be homosexual.
  • BF1..
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • Next game wont have OT content like this one and whats OT good for anyways without heroes like Luke, Vader, Boba, Nien, etc. Will you still enjoy it without these heroes? No, OT has to be in this game only and it has to be complete. Next game will be most likely a new era or a mix of all. Im leaning toward all eras game because not enough content for ST, already did OT, PT is too tedious and big to do with all the droids and their body movements.
  • So for a year straight we will get nothing new other than Skirmish and patching? Hmm, what about Mos Eisley, Yavin, Ben and IG88? They surely could add them. A year for crying our loud, how much time do they need? If they want to promote Battlefront 2, wouldn't making people happy for the next year help?

Do you know how small the team is that's currently working on this game? I think it's like 5 people. No way do they have time for any of that while working on patches/fixes/RO content, and more skirmish content. By the first of the year I'm betting the team will be down to three.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • That cant be lol.
    ^This dude. I mean, after ALL the backlash they've gotten, surely the Execs at EA would have a "let them eat cake" moment and give us something. I really want each of the installments to focus on an entire era, so this would be THE definitive OT game (except for Rogue One... freakin' Rogue One : (... ), and the next two game would focus on Clone Wars/Prequel content and then the new movies. So it would be a bummer if we don't even get all the content we could get. Besides, how dope would this lineup be in Battlefront?
    star-wars-bounty-hunters.jpg
    Answer: Very : )
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • JMaster wrote: »
    So for a year straight we will get nothing new other than Skirmish and patching? Hmm, what about Mos Eisley, Yavin, Ben and IG88? They surely could add them. A year for crying our loud, how much time do they need? If they want to promote Battlefront 2, wouldn't making people happy for the next year help?
    ^This dude. I mean, after ALL the backlash they've gotten, surely the Execs at EA would have a "let them eat cake" moment and give us something. I really want each of the installments to focus on an entire era, so this would be THE definitive OT game (except for Rogue One... freakin' Rogue One : (... ), and the next two game would focus on Clone Wars/Prequel content and then the new movies. So it would be a bummer if we don't even get all the content we could get. Besides, how dope would this lineup be in Battlefront?
    star-wars-bounty-hunters.jpg
    Answer: Very : )

I doubt they would come. Ben and IG-88 were already disconfirmed.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    At least Mos Eisley and Yavin then.

@JMaster let's hope so!
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Mos Eisley and a full bounty hunter dlc pack would be amazing after RO. They have a year so this would really help keep the fans happy until end of 2017. And about IG88 they said similar things about Chewy but did him anyways. All I know is IG88 would look awesome if he got released. BH pack with Mos Eisley would sell like hot cakes.

I'm contemplating this as well. I don't care for the base game but nostalgia wants me to get if for MW
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar

I'm contemplating this as well. I don't care for the base game but nostalgia wants me to get if for MW

Only reason why I'm getting it. If there was an option to buy MW1 separate I wouldn't even bother with IW. Really goes to shows how desperate for sales they are if the only choice they have is to remaster the classics (which everyone loves).

Only reason why I'm getting it. If there was an option to buy MW1 separate I wouldn't even bother with IW. Really goes to shows how desperate for sales they are if the only choice they have is to remaster the classics (which everyone loves).

Haha right? Basically paying like what, 70, 80, bucks for a remastered game that's almost a decade old? I'm about it. Takes me back to the days of sitting around with the roommates passing the controller around and eventual getting to that lvl 10 prestige. I think it was also my first fps. Needless to say I'm pretty stoked.

Haha right? Basically paying like what, 70, 80, bucks for a remastered game that's almost a decade old? I'm about it. Takes me back to the days of sitting around with the roommates passing the controller around and eventual getting to that lvl 10 prestige. I think it was also my first fps. Needless to say I'm pretty stoked.

Hahaha you get it man ;) . Though I think it was lv 70 prestige? Nonetheless, I'm all in for this remasters of what I consider some of the best shooters ever. Hopefully the next one will be MW2, in my opinion the best FPS of all time <3 <3

• DarthGalidus
    701 posts Member
    edited October 2016

Hahaha you get it man ;) . Though I think it was lv 70 prestige? Nonetheless, I'm all in for this remasters of what I consider some of the best shooters ever. Hopefully the next one will be MW2, in my opinion the best FPS of all time <3 <3

ya I think you prestige at 70 but I thought there were 10 prestige levels? But ya, either way, this should be a pretty good trip down memory lane. I foresee a disc purchase from gamestop, downloading MW, and selling the game back for whatever they'll take it back for haha. If the download code is on the receipt I wont even take the game home I'll just leave it on the counter.