criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Battlefront 2: All Eras In One

TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited October 2016
Who would want the next battlefront to include all eras, locales and characters in one game?

Replies

• This is like the 5th thread I've read today asking us what we want in BF2. Well my answer will stay the same, Clone Wars only!
  • Krimson
    1454 posts Member
    If they make a 4th or 3rd battlefront they should
  • Mitchel1 wrote: »
    This is like the 5th thread I've read today asking us what we want in BF2. Well my answer will stay the same, Clone Wars only!

• thiago2103 wrote: »
    it will be such a delight seeing all those hate threads because of NO clone wars in BF2 :joy:

We're getting OT and ST , no question about that

But if we get PT , i'm okay with it , if we don't get i don't care , its a win/win situation for me :smiley:

You'll bet I'll fight for PT it until my last breath.
  • Today is the day wish battlefront 2 xD :o
    giphy.gif
  • Who would want the next battlefront to include all eras, locales and characters in one game?

Considering this game was just Galactic Civil war I would love to see a just the Clone Wars in the next game. Better air combat to where you can leave your ship and sneak into enemy hangers like the old Battlefront 2 game
  • Why would they do that if they could make it paid DLC? Wishful thinking for sure.
  • Saber91
    1021 posts Member
    ive been playing Battlefront II PC with mods just to get the clone wars gameplay again. THEY HAVE TO PUT IT IN THE NEXT GAME.
  • Mitchel1 wrote: »
    This is like the 5th thread I've read today asking us what we want in BF2. Well my answer will stay the same, Clone Wars only!

• thiago2103 wrote: »
    it will be such a delight seeing all those hate threads because of NO clone wars in BF2 :joy:

We're getting OT and ST , no question about that

But if we get PT , i'm okay with it , if we don't get i don't care , its a win/win situation for me :smiley:

If so then what would they add for OT content?
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    This is EA we're talking about. Don't be so ridiculous.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Who would want the next battlefront to include all eras, locales and characters in one game?

Considering this game was just Galactic Civil war I would love to see a just the Clone Wars in the next game. Better air combat to where you can leave your ship and sneak into enemy hangers like the old Battlefront 2 game

Would be cool.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Revamp of heroes? No thanks. Maps? Maybe new ones but heroes are awesome. Next Battlefront focusing on OT wouldnt make sense. It would be better to merge 2 games under one menu and servers.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Heroes should have same skills but maybe more variety and classes of skills.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    There wont be enough content from OT and ST to warrant a new game unless they just copy paste content from the present game. The only 2 options are prequels only which alot of people want or all eras which would be cool as well. Im down with both options.
  • There wont be enough content from OT and ST to warrant a new game unless they just copy paste content from the present game. The only 2 options are prequels only which alot of people want or all eras which would be cool as well. Im down with both options.

Prequels only would lose a large chunk of gamers, a balanced era select is the only way to go or they're going to please a fraction of the current players and alienate the rest.
  • God I hope that it's OT and/or ST. The thread entertainment will be unbeatable.

It would be a damn shame if they cater to this PT crowd.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • What would they add for OT content? OT has been done already for the most part.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    How would you revamp the current maps? Seems like a crazy idea.

Do Outer Rim and Bespin for me.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Also dont think people would want to see same content again, even if revamped, map wise. Merging 2 games under one menu would work though. All unlocked items and all current dlc maps would become free and fully accessible with the next Battlefront.
  • I don't see that happening, I mean common are we 2005 or something.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Do you expect the next game to be less shallow because it'll be very similar lol. Maybe less shallow with heroes and classes or items but Im just talking maps here. It'll follow very similar maps formula imo.
  • Always in motion, the future is....
  • Yet I doubt it will be different. Same large to small maps formula and same big vs small modes setup. Why? Servers dont like too much large scale stuff and people dont always want to jump to large meat grinders. It can get too hectic and intense. Nah next game will be similar to this ones.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    If EA went back to the roots of Battlefront 1 and 2 and did the new Battlefront in same style, it would win and noone would be able to touch it. That's the safest course for it. Just do 3 eras in one on big maps with lots of freedom and action. Doing either ST or PT alone would not be as good. ST especially because TFA is lame content and location wise and ep 8 wont be able to cover ep 9. PT alone would be better but also not for everyone. Only true course would be to do what original Battlefronts did well and do it again except with superior graphics and refined new game mechanics.
  • If EA went back to the roots of Battlefront 1 and 2 and did the new Battlefront in same style, it would win and noone would be able to touch it. That's the safest course for it. Just do 3 eras in one on big maps with lots of freedom and action. Doing either ST or PT alone would not be as good. ST especially because TFA is lame content and location wise and ep 8 wont be able to cover ep 9. PT alone would be better but also not for everyone. Only true course would be to do what original Battlefronts did well and do it again except with superior graphics and refined new game mechanics.

This^^^^ Although if we do get only one then I would perfer Clone Wars.
  • If EA went back to the roots of Battlefront 1 and 2 and did the new Battlefront in same style, it would win and noone would be able to touch it. That's the safest course for it. Just do 3 eras in one on big maps with lots of freedom and action. Doing either ST or PT alone would not be as good. ST especially because TFA is lame content and location wise and ep 8 wont be able to cover ep 9. PT alone would be better but also not for everyone. Only true course would be to do what original Battlefronts did well and do it again except with superior graphics and refined new game mechanics.

Totally agree
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Everything has proceeded as I have forseen.
  • It was so beautiful how wrong the nostalgia fanboys were. An amazing victory indeed!
    Member of the 501st