criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Rewarding supportive partner play

They already do reward you in some aspects, but I feel like they should do a little more. In my group of friends that I play with one of them is an amazing support partner. Shout out to thewaffler420. He is always safe to spawn on. He will literally shadow you to keep you healed with bacta bomb and medic droid, which also keep your cool downs going faster. He always picks the support hero and plays them to a T. He always calls out enemies; he's like the eyes in the back of my head. If half of a team was like this guy they'd be unstoppable.

I think to encourage more partner play the following should be implemented.
Bacta bomb should give you 50 points if used on a partner.
Medic droid should give you 15 points every time a partner is healed.
Scout binoculars should work for twice the activation time for your partner.
Any other suggestions to encourage partner play?

Replies

• Spawning on partner should be 5 points
  • Scan pulse should work for partners
  • Here's an interesting one: what do you think about picking up your partners trait level when you are within 10 m of your partner.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    I agree with all these except that last one about the trait.
  • bfloo
    15030 posts Member
    Gingie wrote: »

+1
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Multiplier / partner point bonus if streaks happen while you are within 10 m (or whatever the partner cool down refresh radius is). So kills and assists and objective capture scores get a slight bonus when you are together?
  • johnny_mercury
    4161 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    If you or your partner use scan pulse, the other should be able to see it as well.

Edit: I realized that was already suggested
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    Gingie wrote: »

+1

+2
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • Great ideas. These would definitely make partner play more substantial and appealing, and I have zero faith in DICE to implement them.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Captain_Apollo38
    562 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I proposed some changes in a thread in the feedback section that has similar goals: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/comment/512270#Comment_512270

Basically my suggestion boils down to:

make trait rank up every 300 points (so 3 kills at 100 points each still get you a rank up)

Currently with traits only ranking up for kills means that it encourages you to play every mode like a game of Blast and go on Rambo kill streaks. It doesn't reward PTFO, supporting your team as a medic, or offensive support with weapons like dioxis.

Under the current system the OP's medic friend basically sacrificed their ability to rank up their trait in order to support their team. Likewise someone who is PTOing ranks up just as fast as the guy running around racking up a killstreak while totally ignoring how to win that game mode. And similarly a player who may help sway a battle in their team's favor with good use of support star cards gets no reward for their effort unless their support translates directly into kills.

By changing traits to a point based system it's largely mirroring the field upgrades system used in Battlefield 4 that focuses on squad play. Keeping the points to 300 means that 3 kills still gets you a rank up while opening up new possibilities to rank up the trait that don't involve just focusing on loadouts that get you the most kills. So playing as a good medic will rank you up, support players in general won't get penalized engaging in actions that get them assists and other support points but not kills, and most importantly, players who get kills while PTOing will rank up faster than the lone-wolf "all modes are Blast" players (because you get extra points for a kill while on an objective.

A final benefit is that on lopsided matches weaker players will have a bit better ability to rank up their traits through nemesis kills and ending enemy kill streaks. With the current kill based system a top player will largely stay at level 3 or quickly regain the rank because they'll be facing generally weaker level 1 enemies. This can be particularly obvious against level 3 bodyguards who can sometimes require a group of enemies to focus them to bring them down. While a point based system won't end the ability of top players to remain top players it would mean killing them will rank up their opponents faster.

This benefits the game in several ways: 1) top players can actually have a bit more competition because their opponents will be more likely to have higher ranked traits (I'm not concerned about players who only want to farm noobs) 2) weaker players won't feel as discouraged because they'll be more likely to rank up their trait 3) teams that are on the loosing side will have a better ability to stage a comeback if they PTFO because those points will count towards their trait rank which in turn may give them the edge they need to repel enemy attacks 4) it will further focus the game towards the team play aspect and make support hands more viable since they won't be sacrificing a player's ability to rank up 5) it ends the very frustrating scenario where you get 6+ assists but only 2 kills in a life where at least 1 of those assists was a kill steal
  • I proposed some changes in a thread in the feedback section that has similar goals: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/comment/512270#Comment_512270

Basically my suggestion boils down to:

make trait rank up every 300 points (so 3 kills at 100 points each still get you a rank up)

...l

Great idea, and a clever way to encourage PTFO and team support in a game where most of the rewards are centered around racking up kills.