criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

It's (past) time Outer Rim went Vanilla

Prev1
We've requested this one to death, but as Rogue One DLC is on its way... DICE plz. The playlists are about as unanimously hated as unanimous gets. Can we solve it now?

The problems are that no-one wants to be kicked around into modes they didn't choose, or don't enjoy, particularly when trying to enjoy the core mode introduced in the dlc. You recognised this when you limited the number of 'filler' modes in Death Star, the thing is, we kinda want the option to play those modes. We also don't generally want to play 'a few rounds of Blast' by hopping across several playlists to find the maps we enjoy.

The fix has been kicking around on these boards for months. You move the dlc maps into regular rotation for all players, leaving the current OR playlist as Extraction only.

• We get the dedicated Extraction playlist most of us wanted
• The vanilla rotations are freshened up with new content
• HvV etc can now simply roll from Hoth to Jabba's Palace, no more unnecessary segregation
• Non DLC holders get a few new maps we've had for decades already

Can you start to make this happen yet? Followed by Bespin and so on? As a season pass holder I win, my game makes more sense, and non-SP holders win too, they get some maps. We retain the dlc exclusive modes/weapons/heroes.

No-one loses here. We all win. Have a meeting or something. It's the only way around it, the playlist is still not working.

Replies

• Except the players who didn't pay for the dlc get dlc content.... But I do like the idea. I just wish there was a fair and logical way to implement it
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    Except the players who didn't pay for the dlc get dlc content.... But I do like the idea. I just wish there was a fair and logical way to implement it

In December, players who didn't buy the whole game get it free on EA Access, that's the point we're at. Outer Rim has been out for ages by this point, opening up the maps from three DLCs back isn't really too much of a giveaway, it certainly wouldn't devalue my experience.
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    I'm in, it is almost impossible to get the mode I want anymore, and takes so long to rotate through.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Except the players who didn't pay for the dlc get dlc content.... But I do like the idea. I just wish there was a fair and logical way to implement it

In December, players who didn't buy the whole game get it free on EA Access, that's the point we're at. Outer Rim has been out for ages by this point, opening up the maps from three DLCs back isn't really too much of a giveaway, it certainly wouldn't devalue my experience.

EA access still costs a good amount of money so it's not really free... And it wouldn't devalue my experience either... Like I said I like the idea but a lot of people will feel cheated out of their money if The DLC content is implimented into the base game without extra pay for everyone
  • I'm all for this idea. I agree with everything above.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
    Jrob122 wrote: »

EA access still costs a good amount of money so it's not really free... And it wouldn't devalue my experience either... Like I said I like the idea but a lot of people will feel cheated out of their money if The DLC content is implimented into the base game without extra pay for everyone

You guys basically paid for "Early Access".

Y'all need to get past this mentality. The entire game is going to be free starting in December.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member

100%. We've talked about this for ages. What's the next step? Someone want to hit up Dennis on Twitter? I would, but he hates me.

I honestly suspect that those people are the ones who scream 'refund' and 'class action' every five minutes and can be legitimately ignored. Anyone who actually wants an improved Battlefront should see the sense in it.
  • briandt75 wrote: »

Y'all need to get past this mentality. The entire game is going to be free starting in December.

I personally don't really care anymore if they add the DLC to the base game. I truly don't. But a lot of people don't share the same mindset as us. They'll think it's unfair since these people didn't pay for basically another whole game... And EA isn't making battlefront free for everyone. For 30.00$ yearly it'll be "free"
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    edited October 2016

I honestly suspect that those people are the ones who scream 'refund' and 'class action' every five minutes and can be legitimately ignored. Anyone who actually wants an improved Battlefront should see the sense in it.

Agreed. We could make a reddit post and see where people are at? It's an important idea that needs some serious discussion for the sake of the game. Maybe @Jaywal has a suggestion as to how to forward this...
  • If this happened, and people starting playing Extraction for the first time, there would be "nerf tankertoad" posts.

Which I am ok with.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif

Agreed. We could make a reddit post and see where people are at? It's an important idea that needs some serious discussion for the sake of the game. Maybe @Jaywal has a suggestion as to how to forward this...

• I am Alvonator, and I approve this message.
  • While I agree, it will never happen. EA screwed the players by splitting up the player base with their DLC plan. That is the reason we have the almost universally hated playlists in the first place. It'll be the same in Battlefront II unless they decide to make all of the maps free and find out other ways to make money of a season pass. Greed > customer satisfaction as far as EA is concerned.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Dwapook
    46 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    briandt75 wrote: »

I personally don't really care anymore if they add the DLC to the base game. I truly don't. But a lot of people don't share the same mindset as us. They'll think it's unfair since these people didn't pay for basically another whole game... And EA isn't making battlefront free for everyone. For 30.00$ yearly it'll be "free"

Well.. Aside from imaginary people being disgruntled about it, the only problem I really see is that they balanced the maps for different player numbers than the base game versions of those modes.. o.o; This change is necessary to extend the life of the game and prevent the season pass content being barren to the point where it's lost all value anyway.. I think that's pretty obvious to many players.. o.o;
  • Dwapook wrote: »
    briandt75 wrote: »

Well.. Aside from imaginary people being disgruntled about it, the only problem I really see is that they balanced the maps for different player numbers than the base game versions of those modes.. o.o; This change is necessary to extend the life of the game and prevent the season pass content being barren to the point where it's lost all value anyway.. I think that's pretty obvious to many players.. o.o;

The only reason those player counts have to match up in the dlcs is because of the playlist rotation. Eliminate that rotation and the player count only has to match the count for a given mode.
  • I bought my season pass under the impression that as new maps were released for supremacy, they'd be added to the supremacy playlist. I'm not super mad about it, but I am pretty surprised. I'm at the point where games of supremacy on PS4 aren't refilling after people leave. I'm not really into the threads where players ask the developers to change their game, but it seems like the idea of this thread would fix that.
  • Pancakes wrote: »
    I bought my season pass under the impression that as new maps were released for supremacy, they'd be added to the supremacy playlist. I'm not super mad about it, but I am pretty surprised. I'm at the point where games of supremacy on PS4 aren't refilling after people leave. I'm not really into the threads where players ask the developers to change their game, but it seems like the idea of this thread would fix that.

The idea of this thread is 6 months old. We're trying to get it implemented now that the dlcs are getting old to the point that people shouldn't care whether or not they're free.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    It's quite disturbing how there's only 1 supremacy map in like 14 maps we've gotten so far. I'm sorry for you @Pancakes
  • I believe they added Twilight on Hoth and Survivors of Endor to the supremacy playlist around the time the first DLC was released, so for whatever reason, I assumed that would happen every DLC.

I am all for implementing what's suggested in this thread. As others have said, it would totally consolidate the fan base that's stuck with it.
  • I too agree with the solution by the OP

Adding maps to the base game will refresh game play..

Season pass holders still get cards,heros and extraction..

I'm not against giving extraction to non dlc holders...

I also can't understand why they haven't added any new maps ..or use existing maps to play extraction...I can think of a few maps that game play would be nice
  • Pancakes wrote: »
    I believe they added Twilight on Hoth and Survivors of Endor to the supremacy playlist around the time the first DLC was released, so for whatever reason, I assumed that would happen every DLC.

I am all for implementing what's suggested in this thread. As others have said, it would totally consolidate the fan base that's stuck with it.

It would hurt nothing to drop Bespin Supremacy, TP, WA, Blast, and Fighter Squadron into their respective vanilla modes. I don't think anyone would care. Outer Rim - drop HvV into its mode. Don't think anyone would care. Leave the weapons and the specialty modes for those with the DLC.

Or just freaking open it all up because WGAF? I hate the playlists so much. I used to write post after post "I just want to play Extraction".

But Bespin WA and TP are so bland they make vanilla sound like chocolate fudge with denali and marshmallows.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • lol ea access is not free
  • I'm all for this and have been for a while. Players whether season pass owners or not benefit from it.
    I say throw OR and Bespin in there together. I'd think that would give people incentive to either (re)buy the game or try EA access. Especially around the holidays.
    lol ea access is not free

Breaks down to less than three bucks a month. Not free, but close :wink:
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I'm bout it.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Yes .as SP holder I'd agree
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    While I agree, it will never happen. EA screwed the players by splitting up the player base with their DLC plan. That is the reason we have the almost universally hated playlists in the first place. It'll be the same in Battlefront II unless they decide to make all of the maps free and find out other ways to make money of a season pass. Greed > customer satisfaction as far as EA is concerned.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Ronx_Zitrone
    186 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    tankertoad wrote: »
    Or just freaking open it all up because WGAF? I hate the playlists so much. I used to write post after post "I just want to play Extraction". .....

This.

Though If i were still on PC i would not want the complete game to become totaly free. (Cheaters)

edited becaused i messed up the qoutes

I have SP and have absolutely no problem with that, but I can understand those who do
  • I like all the ideas but I do think it is unfair to the people who purchased the season pass or just outer rim for it to be given out for free
    PSN: LW7CK
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I like all the ideas but I do think it is unfair to the people who purchased the season pass or just outer rim for it to be given out for free

A portion of it gets given out for free, making your game better. I can't find any agreement with anyone who says "don't improve my experience if it means *those people* get something better too.' It's just taking your ball home so no-one can play.

PS your username is awesome
  • There's bound to be a "complete" edition of some sort that has all the DLC included on the disc for the same or similar price of the base game. I think it's time to start integrating the DLC into the regular rotation, especially as the player count will inevitably get lower and lower

• ExposedLeach107
    958 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I do not own the DLC but when it was free it was the best weeks I ever had on this game. I think they should so what they did during the free trial. Give up non-SP players access while keeping Greedo and Nien behind the paywall if you try to use them on the vanilla HvV maps. of course though we can still use the pair if we select OR maps though.
  • just effen do it already
    it would be better for the game
    DLC should be marketed as 12 months of early access (or whatever time period)
    DLC always gets given away in some special edition as a game starts to age anyway
  • Make the OR maps free for sure. Heck, make Bespin and Death Star maps free now, and RO's when they come out - map exclusivity is the only reason we have to suffer through the playlist mess. But DLC heroes, weapons, star cards and modes should remain DLC-owner-only (we did pay $70 for something). Make the game modes simply another mode icon on the multiplayer screen, just unavailable to those that don't own the DLC.
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • DarthJ
    6558 posts Member
    I do not own the DLC but when it was free it was the best weeks I ever had on this game. I think they should so what they did during the free trial. Give up non-SP players access while keeping Greedo and Nien behind the paywall if you try to use them on the vanilla HvV maps. of course though we can still use the pair if we select OR maps though.

Agree with all bar the heroes part. They stay exclusive. But all for maps being integrated though!
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind the entire Season Pass being made free for everyone for the sake of player population.

But only when Lando gets fixed :joy:
  • LysdexicsUntied
    2034 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Anoh wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind the entire Season Pass being made free for everyone for the sake of player population.

It might seem ironic to say this, but Lando is actually severely underpowered. Take away the 1-shot power blast (which they will do next patch), and what does he have left? His disruption is borderline useless, more of an afterthought than a hero ability. And his X-8 shots seem to fire so slowly that I physically age between the time i fire and when it collides with the rock behind where the storm trooper was 5 years ago. His is the only hero gun I have this problem with, too.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    edited October 2016

It might seem ironic to say this, but Lando is actually severely underpowered. Take away the 1-shot power blast (which they will do next patch), and what does he have left? His disruption is borderline useless, more of an afterthought than a hero ability. And his X-8 shots seem to fire so slowly that I physically age between the time i fire and when it collides with the rock behind where the storm trooper was 5 years ago. His is the only hero gun I have this problem with, too.

No he isn't, his trait helps alot, he's real good imo.

I am more precise when hip-firing instead of aiming with Lando :D
  • Anoh wrote: »

No he isn't, his trait helps alot, he's real good imo.

I am more precise when hip-firing instead of aiming with Lando :D

@Anoh At close range the gun is fine, but anything more than 35 metres and it simply doesn't seem to hit the person - and I know how to lead a target, so its not just bad aiming. I agree on hip-firing for sure though.
  • So many good Ideas here!
  • bfloo
    15529 posts Member
    tankertoad wrote: »
    If this happened, and people starting playing Extraction for the first time, there would be "nerf tankertoad" posts.

Which I am ok with.

Buff Tankertoad!!!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• As a season pass holder, I love the idea of making the DLC maps available to everyone and putting them into the main game. It would make it so much better and we wouldn't be struggling to find games sometimes on OR and Bespin.

PSN: Tallion828
  • As a season pass holder, I love the idea of making the DLC maps available to everyone and putting them into the main game. It would make it so much better and we wouldn't be struggling to find games sometimes on OR and Bespin.

• My son was thinking about buying the game. The price for both vanilla and season pass is already what I paid for vanilla. I understand that people get upset about paying more money, but that's happening anyway. Just a couple of the maps would help freshen the game. I'm totally cool with this idea.

@Bounty_Hunter The funny thing is that most SP-holders feel this way, because we hate playlists. Don't make everything free, just maps. Never understood exclusive maps anyway, divides the player base
  • Yeah, make the maps free, so that way the playlist is just extraction. So the heroes, weapons, star cards, vehicles, modes will be dlc exclusive, while the maps are free for everyone to enjoy! @FireWall @Sledgehammer70 @Guillaume-Dice @TheVestalViking please consider it
  • If the playlist will come to the vanilla game forcing me to play modes I hate. The game will instantly die for me together with Dice!
    4oEtTHz.png