criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Clone Commando Community Transmission
September Community Calendar

It's (past) time Outer Rim went Vanilla

2Next

Replies

• I'm fine with it coming to Vanilla since there is usually only one match at a time on pc. Non-dlc holders should not get Heroes or Weapons from the dlc.
  • If the playlist will come to the vanilla game forcing me to play modes I hate. The game will instantly die for me together with Dice!

Lol. Ok so the maps from the dlc go into their respective rotation in the regular modes. Jabba's Palace is now another map in regular HvV for example. Your modes are safe.
  • If the playlist will come to the vanilla game forcing me to play modes I hate. The game will instantly die for me together with Dice!

Lol. Ok so the maps from the dlc go into their respective rotation in the regular modes. Jabba's Palace is now another map in regular HvV for example. Your modes are safe.

Thats what I said earlier. Everything drops in its mode. Extraction can easily be stand alone mode. Or pair Extraction and Sabatoge - which would be very popular.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    If the playlist will come to the vanilla game forcing me to play modes I hate. The game will instantly die for me together with Dice!

Thats what I said earlier. Everything drops in its mode. Extraction can easily be stand alone mode. Or pair Extraction and Sabatoge - which would be very popular.

We're on the same page, I was just explaining it for Overly Dramatic Guy.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    If the playlist will come to the vanilla game forcing me to play modes I hate. The game will instantly die for me together with Dice!

We're on the same page, I was just explaining it for Overly Dramatic Guy.

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/k89e4jS
  • It would be cool if they already would connect every DLC with the vanilla game, that would more encourage me to buy the DLCs.
    I only own the Bespin DLC due to the large map and the heroes. Unfortunately it was a mistake because of the fact to leave after every Supremacy or WA matche the playlist and search again. Too much effort for only one map :(
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Season Pass holder here. Technically it isnt 'fair'. But it is just free maps. The heroes and weapons would remain exclusive, so is it really a huge deal? This would majorly improve the experience for everyone who uses outer rim, not just the people who dont have it. As the game gets older and player counts drop, we need the community to be as united as possible, and not fragmented into all these tiny groups that don't have the numbers to fill games. Also, as has already been mentioned, this would fix the ***** playlist problem, and thats reason enough to implement this on its own.
    Was On The List but is not anymore.
  • Outer Rim has been out for several months now. The main game already got a huge price cut since release and there are many examples of DLC's and even games that became free some time after release (possibily a third of my Origin games were giveaways). Technically, making a game free is the same as a sale, but one in which the discount is maximum.

We Season Pass holders payed for it, but we also got to play the DLC since launch. Non-holders would get Outer Rim for free now (or whenever they get it in the future), but they also would have had to wait several months to play it. It would be a totally different thing if, for example, they announced Scarif became free at launch.
  • danilojbg wrote: »
    Outer Rim has been out for several months now. The main game already got a huge price cut since release and there are many examples of DLC's and even games that became free some time after release (possibily a third of my Origin games were giveaways). Technically, making a game free is the same as a sale, but one in which the discount is maximum.

We Season Pass holders payed for it, but we also got to play the DLC since launch. Non-holders would get Outer Rim for free now (or whenever they get it in the future), but they also would have had to wait several months to play it. It would be a totally different thing if, for example, they announced Scarif became free at launch.

• Just the maps. SP holders and those who bought it individually should be the only people to have access to weapons modes and heroes
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Yes, yes, and yes. As a season pass holder I would be fine with this. It's a perfectly logical solution. Problem is... DICE is highly illogical.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • Season pass holder here, would love for maps to be free for all. Would also be ok with extraction, sabotage being free as well. More players are better for the game. I paid $45 for the season pass, and I feel like with the current access I got my money's worth. So that money is spent, my value received. Let's just do what we can to keep the lobbies full for everyone now.
  • We've been trying to get this on DICE's radar since April. Anyone have contacts inside? It's time to make it a reality.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • briandt75 wrote: »
    We've been trying to get this on DICE's radar since April. Anyone have contacts inside? It's time to make it a reality.

• Can we all please spam Dennis Brannvall's twitter page with this? I just tweeted my two cents.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • While I completely agree, I must say that Heroes should (at least some) be free.Having to pay 15 bucks just to play as Chewie in a Star Wars game based only on the first trilogy is sad, to say the least.
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • TW1103
    582 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I am all for this idea, but I would also hope that if it is implemented, maybe SP holders will get something ectra to make up for it.
    Maybe a few extra customisation options, DLC missions and advance SWBF2 Beta access
  • @Aris1368 I don't think Vanilla users should get any DLC heroes for free, but then again you're right - Chewie should never have been locked behind a paywall. Until Dennis announced otherwise, I honestly thought Chewie and Bossk would be released as free heroes
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • @briandt75 if someone could do this for me, I don't have twitter, but I feel it's a change that the devs don't realise we would want. If you linked him to this thread and he could see how many SP-holders supported it, then we might have a slim chance of it happening after RO
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • @Aris1368 I don't think Vanilla users should get any DLC heroes for free, but then again you're right - Chewie should never have been locked behind a paywall. Until Dennis announced otherwise, I honestly thought Chewie and Bossk would be released as free heroes

yes, thank you, thats what i meant by ''(at least some)''.
    many people including myself would love to play as Chewie in Skirmish, but its locked.

If only we could buy separately heroes for like 5 bucks or so...
    You may not believe this, but you just wasted 3 seconds reading this™
  • 100% behind this....I paid for the SP and could care less now if folks that didn't get access. It is only going to enhance my time in the game with more folks to play against.
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »
    100% behind this....I paid for the SP and could care less now if folks that didn't get access. It is only going to enhance my time in the game with more folks to play against.

Agreed.
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »
    100% behind this....I paid for the SP and could care less now if folks that didn't get access. It is only going to enhance my time in the game with more folks to play against.

Yeah!