criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Gun Tier List and Rankings

Below I will rank the guns into tiers. I will rank them based on their time to kill, ability to dominate its best range and its overall competitiveness. Feel free to chime in and please tell me if I forgot one.

Tier 1: The best of the best
EE-3 - The best and most versatile blaster. Deals out a ton of damage, and will dominate any range with proper firing.
EE-4 - No gun can beat it close quarters. Period. Decent midrange as well. Also requires some practice to fire.

Tier 2: Good blasters that will serve you well
SE-14C - Extremely deadly at close quarters with an underrated midrange game. Can one-shot an enemy. Good for accurate players.
DH-17 - SE-14C's little bro. Also lethal at close range, but simply will be outclassed by its big brother. Good for less accurate players and very good for accurate ones.
TL-50 - Secondary Fire not considered. Honestly overrated in my opinion, time to kill not all THAT high. Still a great blaster, however.
E-11 - The most trusty blaster along with its twin. Massive headshot damage. Extremely versatile, as it performs at any range. Will suffer a tiny bit in very close quarters against some other guns, however.
A280C - It trades it's equally ranked twin's damage for fire rate and low inaccuracy penalty. Will lose to E-11 close range, but better at mid to long.

Tier 3: Underrated blasters
DL-18: Massive headshot damage plus trigger finger equals destruction. Best pistol at midrange and excellent cooling power. Try this gun out if you don't believe it's power.
DLT-19 - Surprisingly good at all ranges and easy to use. Does not dominate any range but will serve you well in combat in any situation.
DT-12 - Fire rate is excellent, and the damage is steady. If you can land a headshot it is game over for your opponent. Decent midrange.
Relby V-10 - Extremely accurate and deadly at medium to long range. Requires trigger finger. Up close it will suffer.
DL-44 - Being nerfed to oblivion and buffed again leaves it right here. Will dominate close quarters, but inaccuracy and lack of any range hurts it greatly.

Tier 4: Niche Blasters
CA-87 - We all know the deal, one shot up close and useless anywhere else.
DLT-19x - Only skilled snipers can use this without perks. Perks make it a viable primary, though.
T-21B - A good sniper with a good midrange. Don't get up close.

Tier 5: Bringing up the rear
RT-97C - Don't be fooled by stats. Inaccuracy, spread and recoil make it hard to use at any type of range. No reason to use it over the DLT-19 without focus fire.
T-21 - Spread is ridiculous on this gun. OK at midrange, if you land all your shots. Headshots help a lot.
X-8 Night Sniper - Night vision is cool I guess. This gun isn't powerful in any way.

Tier 6: Don't use this this blaster
K-16 Bryar Pistol - Absolutely horrendous primary fire. Insulting to blasters. Secondary fire bumps it up to maybe Tier 5.

Replies

• Pretty darn good list, not much to contend at all.
  • I would put the T21 as a niche. It's great as an antiair gun and useful in an AT role. To truly be a heavy blaster though it needs a ROF increase.

• I would put the T21 as a niche. It's great as an antiair gun and useful in an AT role. To truly be a heavy blaster though it needs a ROF increase.

Thanks man!

I was thinking solely against infantry. But if it's good at taking down aircraft the by all means use that gun. I just have never felt competitive against skilled players using that gun.

• As someone with 800 hrs in this game i can confirm that the EE3 and EE4 are the two best guns. EE4 for close-mid range and EE3 for mid-long range.
    Check out the Battlefront PC Discord: https://discord.gg/ddB5F5P
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    Would move night sniper up, used it for a long time, has MASSIVE headshot damage. Would put in tier 3 or 4, it's an underrated gun, useless at long range (except for using night vision to pick off camping snipers) excellent at mid range, and ok at close range.
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    Would move night sniper up, used it for a long time, has MASSIVE headshot damage. Would put in tier 3 or 4, it's an underrated gun, useless at long range (except for using night vision to pick off camping snipers) excellent at mid range, and ok at close range.

Sorry, but I just don't think it competes with those in Tier 3. As for Tier 4, you may have an argument.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    Great list but I'd say the Bryar Pistol should be a little higher. Its secondary fire can completely destroy vehicles and machinery.
  • Looks like a pretty good list to me. Honestly, I just can't get a hang of how to burst with the EE3, EE4 and SE14C. I always overheat at just the wrong time.

Somebody teach me the ways!
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    Looks like a pretty good list to me. Honestly, I just can't get a hang of how to burst with the EE3, EE4 and SE14C. I always overheat at just the wrong time.

The EE-4 and EE-3 are hard to burst and jam frequently on me. The SE14C doesn't give me problems however, just fire at a steady rate (or mash) and I think you should be fine.
  • I love me some SE-14C. When I first unlocked it, I never used it. Once they screwed the DL-44, I took it for a few runs and never looked back.
  • ORancisis wrote: »
    Looks like a pretty good list to me. Honestly, I just can't get a hang of how to burst with the EE3, EE4 and SE14C. I always overheat at just the wrong time.

If the enemy is coming at you, aim and press the trigger. Try to aim upper mass and the ol 1,2,3 trick while pressing the trigger accordingly. If they are running sideways, lead your target and do the same.
    I got it to where I usually kill em with one pull since I usually aim for the head. Second time, for sure ^.^
  • The Bryar really is a pain to use, which is a shame.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Do we have any Dt-12 users here?
  • Do we have any Dt-12 users here?

Only other blaster I use right now other than the TL50.
  • LysdexicsUntied
    2034 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @MeesaDarthJarJar Dt-12 and Dl-44 user, on all small maps and in Endor large maps.

Personally I think they should both be much higher on the list, but that's just because I know how to use them. As far as a list goes for people who have never played before, this is probably true
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • @MeesaDarthJarJar Dt-12 and Dl-44 user, on all small maps and in Endor large maps.

Personally I think they should both be much higher on the list, but that's just because I know how to use them. As far as a list goes for people who have never played before, this is probably true

I use dt-12 quite often now on larger game modes. I really like how precise it can be. Plus I've noticed that it doesn't have a big damage drop off so its good at blaster rifle ranges.
  • LysdexicsUntied
    2034 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @MeesaDarthJarJar Yeah its actually got great range - ironically, because its "range" stat is one of the lowest in the game. But I find it less efficient to take on multiple people at range with pistols, because it takes around the same number of shots to kill as a rifle, but has far freer shots before overheat - so I use the E-11 or A280c on the big ones. Though I will often use a pistol in supremacy, because the control point structure shortens the average range of combat
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • @MeesaDarthJarJar Yeah its actually got great range - ironically, because its "range" stat is one of the lowest in the game. But I find it less efficient to take on multiple people at range with pistols, because it takes around the same number of shots to kill as a rifle, but has far freer shots before overheat - so I use the E-11 or A280c on the big ones. Though I will often use a pistol in supremacy, because the control point structure shortens the average range of combat

I see what you mean there. But out of all the pistols, Dt-12 is my favorite.
  • EE-3 - The best and most versatile blaster. Deals out a ton of damage, and will dominate any range with proper firing.
    Tell me about it
    f8psQzM.jpg
    ef3453eb5d4c6686e3d24e8aaa2f4492.gif
  • EE-3 - The best and most versatile blaster. Deals out a ton of damage, and will dominate any range with proper firing.
    Tell me about it
    f8psQzM.jpg
    ef3453eb5d4c6686e3d24e8aaa2f4492.gif

hqdefault.jpg
  • Looks spot on. The SE-14 can be tier 1 on some maps and modes, I guess.
  • I stay with my E-11. The chance to hit and win after a fail hit with the E-11 is higher than the EE-3 in close combat is higher.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • ssp
    71 posts Member
    Deerber wrote: »
    Looks spot on. The SE-14 can be tier 1 on some maps and modes, I guess.

This. Nothing more satisfying than one bursting people at mid range (~25m to 35m) if you can land all shots or headshots. I feel like its five burst is so smooth as well, you can almost fire it to feel like a fully auto pistol if you can rapid fire it.
    YouTube Channel: ssp2981
  • bfloo
    17025 posts Member
    I stay with my E-11. The chance to hit and win after a fail hit with the E-11 is higher than the EE-3 in close combat is higher.

+1

I also could never get down the timing of the EE-3.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I stay with my E-11. The chance to hit and win after a fail hit with the E-11 is higher than the EE-3 in close combat is higher.

lol... most aim assist gun on the game

I was thinking solely against infantry. But if it's good at taking down aircraft the by all means use that gun. I just have never felt competitive against skilled players using that gun.

Fair point.

A little nitpick but I think if you're putting the TL-50 in Tier 2 the DLT-19 belongs there too. Statistically they're basically identical. When the devs decided to buff the DLT-19 they had the option of buffing the ROF or the damage. They went with the damage but the TL-50 is what we would've gotten if they'd buffed the ROF instead.

It just seems that by putting them in two different tiers spreads further misinformation about the two blasters as it carries the implication that the TL-50 is still better stat wise than the DLT even though they're almost exactly the same.
  • I think CA-87 deserves more respect. In the hands of a good player it puts in real work. And Focus Fire makes it stupid. Imagine sniping people cross map with a shot gun, no matter what map and mode I could hit people from any range and with no spread one shot them each time. Pretty niche, but better than you give it credit for.
  • I think the Bo-rifle needs more respect.It can kill anyone in 1 hit with its melee and does decent if you can land a blow on a hero.As a blaster it does only decent
  • bfloo
    17025 posts Member
    The_Gh0st wrote: »
    I think the Bo-rifle needs more respect.It can kill anyone in 1 hit with its melee and does decent if you can land a blow on a hero.As a blaster it does only decent

The Bo rifle was a lot of fun with my troll hand.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• IIPrest0nII
    5312 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Closed due to necro.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
This discussion has been closed.