criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Cheap Kill Set

2Next

Replies

• S_Markt wrote: »
    your comment is from the book: how losers in life can defend their pathetic lifestyle, right?

And this comment is from the book "I think gaming IS life and my k/d justifies my existence in the real world"...

:disappointed:
    Rogue Mammal X
    (Xbox One)
    Darknast wrote: »
    Pilot kills are cheap?

yep. flying is easy in this agame, you got an aimbot and the splashdamage at infantry is ridicolous. if its not a cheap kill for you, you simply suck.

and if it isn't easy, why are ther so many pilots going 20:2? Q.E.D.

Depends on your team, there are teams who cares about clear the skies, and there are team who dont gives a ****. Is really easy to take down a fighter, just shoot some ion torpedos, or take a fighter yourself

Obviously if no one on your team flies or shoot at the fighters, the enemy fighter will get an awsome k/d ratio, but not because is cheap, its because there is no threat against him.
  • If something's in the game, you can't blame anyone for using it.

Sure you can.
  • Disruption may possibly be the worst item ever put into a FPS.

Not just FPS.
  • tankertoad wrote: »
    Disruption may possibly be the worst item ever put into a FPS.

its not worse than explosive shot.

Both are horrible along with peoplewho use them but ES would be my first choice to go.
  • Translation: "I get killed by those tactics a lot, but I'm not good enough to adapt to them, so I'll get on my salty high horse and call other players losers for 'ruining' my gaming experience". :cry:

Your translator is broken son.
  • Necroplexxus
    48 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    " Is really easy to take down a fighter, just shoot some ion torpedos, or take a fighter yourself"

Not really that easy. 90% of the time fighters will just keep out maneuvering the Ion torpedo. If it's basically just you dealing with a fighter thats strafing your team,the Ion torpedo isnt gonna cut it.
  • " Is really easy to take down a fighter, just shoot some ion torpedos, or take a fighter yourself"

Not really that easy. 90% of the time fighters will just keep out maneuvering the Ion torpedo. If it's basically just you dealing with a fighter thats strafing your team,the Ion torpedo isnt gonna cut it.

But that stops the strafing. In order to escape the torpedo, the pilot must break off the strafe. Even if you don't manage to hit them, you still protect troops on the ground.
  • Darknast
    85 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Quarktard wrote: »
    " Is really easy to take down a fighter, just shoot some ion torpedos, or take a fighter yourself"

But that stops the strafing. In order to escape the torpedo, the pilot must break off the strafe. Even if you don't manage to hit them, you still protect troops on the ground.

Yup, i fly sometimes and when i fly against a competent team i spend more time avoiding torpedos than actually attacking. Even if i dont get killed by the torpedo, sometimes i just give up and exit the fighter
  • Do people even camp in cargo? As in, sitting in one spot waiting for someone to come waltzing in? I normally just walk around my base, setting up traps or killing any intruders. And if I venture to go get the enemy cargo, I never deal with anyone sitting in one spot.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Do people even camp in cargo? As in, sitting in one spot waiting for someone to come waltzing in? I normally just walk around my base, setting up traps or killing any intruders. And if I venture to go get the enemy cargo, I never deal with anyone sitting in one spot.

Yeah, some people camp 24/7 in Cargo. Usually with a scatter gun or TL-50 secondary.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Firewall17 wrote: »
    Well, I just played my first match with Bacta Bomb, Disruption, Scatter Gun and Bodyguard with the DH-17. And I feel disgusted with myself.... went 22-3 in Rebel Base Cargo match from my Bacta Bomb spam and small use of Disruption and plenty of cheap Scatter Gun kills. No hate mails yet though. Anybody else try this yet?

why do you consider kills with the scatter gun "cheap"?

If I'm playing a Cargo match and for the whole 15 minutes I hide behind a corner always having my Scatter Gun out and kill people as they run by and I get 38-0 that match and not playing the objective. Wouldn't that be cheap?

What makes that cheap is the camping aspect, not the weapon used.

It's not camping in cargo, it's defence. And it's the best tactic if you don't want to lose. Besides, if you keep getting kills that way then you deserve them, since every player you kill is shown where you are located when they die - if they're too unwise not to use that knowledge, they've got it coming.

This is also another reason why I dislike cargo, and it is a sub-par mode in my opinion. Any mode, where to be successful requires no skill, is not a good mode. You are telling me to win the match you need to sit and camp. How boring is that? Get out, get good, and fight.

You don't need to sit and camp to win, but it helps if you have a team of offense and defense, and knowing when to switch the ratio. If I get killed by a defender sitting in the same spot more than once, I change my attack plan. If I'm defending, I keep on the move, pay attention to the radar and defend the most likely point of ingress. It's basically Star Wars football, tactics need to be changed all the time, depending on the other team. I play Cargo almost exclusively, and the match typically always goes to the more skilled team.
  • fubbajub wrote: »
    Well, I just played my first match with Bacta Bomb, Disruption, Scatter Gun and Bodyguard with the DH-17. And I feel disgusted with myself.... went 22-3 in Rebel Base Cargo match from my Bacta Bomb spam and small use of Disruption and plenty of cheap Scatter Gun kills. No hate mails yet though. Anybody else try this yet?

If I'm playing a Cargo match and for the whole 15 minutes I hide behind a corner always having my Scatter Gun out and kill people as they run by and I get 38-0 that match and not playing the objective. Wouldn't that be cheap?

It's not camping in cargo, it's defence. And it's the best tactic if you don't want to lose. Besides, if you keep getting kills that way then you deserve them, since every player you kill is shown where you are located when they die - if they're too unwise not to use that knowledge, they've got it coming.

This is also another reason why I dislike cargo, and it is a sub-par mode in my opinion. Any mode, where to be successful requires no skill, is not a good mode. You are telling me to win the match you need to sit and camp. How boring is that? Get out, get good, and fight.

You don't need to sit and camp to win, but it helps if you have a team of offense and defense, and knowing when to switch the ratio. If I get killed by a defender sitting in the same spot more than once, I change my attack plan. If I'm defending, I keep on the move, pay attention to the radar and defend the most likely point of ingress. It's basically Star Wars football, tactics need to be changed all the time, depending on the other team. I play Cargo almost exclusively, and the match typically always goes to the more skilled team.

Not according to Quarktard. I was responding to his comment that camping is the best defense and you must use that tactic to win. So that is the point of reference for my response.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    fubbajub wrote: »

Not according to Quarktard. I was responding to his comment that camping is the best defense and you must use that tactic to win. So that is the point of reference for my response.

My apologies!

7c37993e66b27c02dd3758197d06a954.jpg
    fubbajub wrote: »

My apologies!

7c37993e66b27c02dd3758197d06a954.jpg

no worries!

nobody would call the wide receivers in football camper, or the outfielders in baseball. there is no camping in cargo. there are attackers and defenders, this is not team deathmatch.

a good players changes his tactics from attack to defense when his team has got more points and there is only a few minutes left.

• Exactly. Camping is staying somewhere where nothing is bound to happen... usually being a poor sniper.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (Xbox One)
  • Firewall17 wrote: »

I actually created this exact load out for when I'm in smaller game modes and everybody is running Explosive Shot and/or Disruption. 99% of the time I notice multiple players running ES in a game, I leave right away. I don't put myself through that like I used to. But every now and again I like to equip this load out, ignore the objective, destroy as many of these tools as possible and SPAM the laugh emote on em. The kill itself isn't even that satisfying. Similarly, when I'm killed with ES or somebody that pops Disruption, I automatically look to that player as nothing more than a pest in the game. They lack any skill and shouldn't be taken seriously as a player.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • It's not camping in cargo, it's defence. And it's the best tactic if you don't want to lose. Besides, if you keep getting kills that way then you deserve them, since every player you kill is shown where you are located when they die - if they're too unwise not to use that knowledge, they've got it coming.[/quote]

No joke I killed someone 20+ times because they continued to run in the same entrance with personal shield and I took them out with the scatter gun. Didn't feel bad or cheap at all. I just kept thinking "how has this person not tried a different strategy?"

[/quote]

....nah dude, you have to defend in cargo. Its part of the game. It actually says "defend" over your teams cargo soooo why wouldn't you? If you're imperial in sabotage, do you just leave your generators alone too? In drop zone do you abandon the pod you're trying to capture?

I hop around the base to defend the cargo. I don't sit in one spot and wait. I lay traps and try to outsmart the three or more enemies attacking. If you find that boring then don't defend, let someone else do it. But somebody has to. More often than not, Im defending by myself. And ive found that if I leave the base, 10'seconds later they have the cargo. And now I've got to catch a guy using escape, personal shield, and bacta (if you want to talk about no skill...)

Defending is what makes these modes. Otherwise you're just playing blast. I'm not saying I don't like how chaotic blast is, but using strategy is more fun for me.

• bfloo
    14499 posts Member
    'Campers' defending the base, uplinks, etc are playing the objective. When no one defends in supremacy, the games end in 2 minutes.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Lmao all this talk about "camping in cargo". How tf are you gonna camp IN YOUR CAMP? The whole purpose of having a camp/base is to have people in it to stop intruders from snatching the cargo. I've been in matches where both teams are just playing offense and those are the matches that have a 5 minute lifespan
  • Defending is what makes these modes. Otherwise you're just playing blast. I'm not saying I don't like how chaotic blast is, but using strategy is more fun for me.

+1

bfloo wrote: »
    'Campers' defending the base, uplinks, etc are playing the objective. When no one defends in supremacy, the games end in 2 minutes.

+1
    KingGio21 wrote: »
    Lmao all this talk about "camping in cargo". How tf are you gonna camp IN YOUR CAMP? The whole purpose of having a camp/base is to have people in it to stop intruders from snatching the cargo. I've been in matches where both teams are just playing offense and those are the matches that have a 5 minute lifespan

+1

Cargo isn't about out-gunning, it's about out-smarting. My K/D may not be impressive, but running distraction and defending for the carrier is my main goal if I'm not carrying myself. It makes me smile when someone beats me in a firefight, then laugh emotes me as I watch our carrier's icon run past them in the background.
    Cargo isn't about out-gunning, it's about out-smarting. My K/D may not be impressive, but running distraction and defending for the carrier is my main goal if I'm not carrying myself. It makes me smile when someone beats me in a firefight, then laugh emotes me as I watch our carrier's icon run past them in the background.

Yup. I've won so many Cargo matches where the other team had that one guy on top who went 30-5, but you never saw him running with his team's cargo carrier... and his team lost 8-2 (or worse). :lol:

Yeah, good job there buddy, you're a real team player. But I bet your girlfriend mom is quite impressed by your k/d radio.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (Xbox One)
  • only the kills of the winning team should be counted. that would make much more players ptfo.
    only the kills of the winning team should be counted. that would make much more players ptfo.

+11
    Rogue Mammal X
    (Xbox One)

Yup. I've won so many Cargo matches where the other team had that one guy on top who went 30-5, but you never saw him running with his team's cargo carrier... and his team lost 8-2 (or worse). :lol:

Yeah, good job there buddy, you're a real team player. But I bet your girlfriend mom is quite impressed by your k/d radio.

I don't think it's because he/she is not a team player that they're not running with the cargo carrier. Sounds like they were the only one defending. Is the reason why that team lost the 30-5 guy? Or maybe the fact that the other five "attackers" couldn't get the cargo? Playing a crazy good round only to have your team let you down happens too often for me. Maybe I just don't get it though... :|

Have you ever taken the cargo, and ran back to your base only to find the enemy is waiting for you? Your team is nowhere to be found and youre forced to try and take out multiple enemies who are ready to ambush you. You die, they get their cargo back and start the other way with yours.

If that 30-5 person was there holding down the fort, you wouldn't have to worry about that happening. Props to him/her
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    I hate all the bacta users. Cannot believe how many use that.
  • DO2L wrote: »
    I hate all the bacta users. Cannot believe how many use that.

Yeah, but now it only gives them 30 extra HP rather than invincibility. Annoying, but reasonable.
  • I don't think it's because he/she is not a team player that they're not running with the cargo carrier. Sounds like they were the only one defending.
    Defending solo usually means you have a short lifespan, therefore don't usually get to trait level 3, and you simply can't rack up 30+ kills by just defending in Cargo (regularly). The guys I'm talking about usually just run around in the middle, playing their own private game of Blast.
    Have you ever taken the cargo, and ran back to your base only to find the enemy is waiting for you?
    Oh, so many times. But the guys I'm talking about almost never pick up the cargo. They usually return it, then resume camping temporarily, or go back out to the middle. When a teammate picks it up, they're on their own. I've been that guy, too.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (Xbox One)
  • None of this is imba though...

The fact that you and 3 friends can use this to essentially become immortal does not constitute an imbalance in any way.