criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

1222324252628Next

Replies

• Definitely keep the over heat system in MP for fighter and take it off in skirmish
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    Definitely keep the over heat system in MP for fighter and take it off in skirmish

It should be optional in Missions and Skirmish, since there are people who like the overheat (for strange reasons).
    New Yorker, Star Wars fan, 'nuff said.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Definitely keep the over heat system in MP for fighter and take it off in skirmish

I agree with this
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.

It should be optional in Missions and Skirmish, since there are people who like the overheat (for strange reasons).

Well yeah that was what I was getting at. If they can't do that lol then just remove it. Make it more casual

Well yeah that was what I was getting at. If they can't do that lol then just remove it. Make it more casual

Sorry about that. Yeah, for me personally, I'd want the overheat gone completely in Missions and Skirmish, so I'm with you there. I mean, since the Death Star update, you even get the overheat in the speeder bike mission. It's ridiculous.
    New Yorker, Star Wars fan, 'nuff said.
  • #LargeMapPlayersMatter Don't disappoint me with the last DLC again. @Sledgehammer70 @FireWall
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    please more skirmish content with dlc thank you. Please watch guys video @FireWall @Sledgehammer70
  • Kevdar85 wrote: »
    As a lover of the Fighter Squadron Mode, I must say, thank you DICE. You have not forgotten about us. For the people that dont play FS, I am sorry, but we have been waiting for space battles for some time and we have received little love til now. If you guys dont like flying, you got 2 awesome new heroes, 2 new guns, a new star card and some GREAT changes to gameplay. Be thankful for what you have received. Also, practice flying, it has a larger learning curve than normal play. I hope you guys will learn to love it because the ability to interact with this moment in Star Wars history is EPIC and absolutely beautiful.

I agree that the flying mechanics are smooth running as far as flight is concerned. Y-Wing/B-Wing instakill from across the map almost every match is discouraging to say the least. Battlestation mid-level is favoured heavily to the Imperial side. The spawn (catch-up) negates any lengths met to protect and cover an alley way to R2. Spawning and running 2 min to get into the match so that one side gains momentum from not having allies back him in time. Your trying to control the pace of game either to control how much computing game systems have to work through or to sleeze a win by slowing when reinforcements arrive. I don't really mind if the back of a map isn't looking fantastic. I'd rather have tighter spawns (within 200m of an objective) then be spawned in on the other side of the map (500m+) for no reason.
    This is more prevalent in Fighter Squadron. On the regular maps non(dlc) the Pickups for vehicle spawns are being used to camp the enemy's spawn area resulting in spawn killing whilst entrance video plays. I don't know whether to have a set safe zone for either team pushing enemy boarder to 100m from spawn on either side. (Should be 2 hit minimum from Y-wing/B-wing and Tie-bomber) to allow players to maneuver and stand a chance. The only other suggestion I'd give to FS or ***** modes is to allow the Millennium Falcon to shoot backwards towards pursuing enemies without locking on. Kinda like Rogue Squadron back in the day that would shoot down chasing enemies if you had none visible in front of you. Slave 1 could have concussive mines that drop behind and temporarily disable and push out ships in a temporary spiral that is recoverable. Tie Fighters/Interceptors should have a basic 1 shot save shield that prevents insta kill when being shot at but keeps the battle more sporting like. Same with A-wings. 1 other option could allow players somewhat more of a tactical approach to FS is the ability to choose 2 spawn places and an optional 3rd if an area controlled by 1 side like King of the Sky with multiple stages and spawn points randomized to always keep Pilots guessing to where the enemy approaches from.
  • @Sledgehammer70 I think he left finally the forum and will come back shortly before the RO release and disappears 1 day after it as fast as possible until BF 2 :D
    4oEtTHz.png
  • @Sledgehammer70 I think he left finally the forum and will come back shortly before the RO release and disappears 1 day after it as fast as possible until BF 2 :D

I also think it's because his son is sick :( idk hopefully I'm wrong
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @Sledgehammer70 I think he left finally the forum and will come back shortly before the RO release and disappears 1 day after it as fast as possible until BF 2 :D
    @Sledgehammer70 I think he left finally the forum and will come back shortly before the RO release and disappears 1 day after it as fast as possible until BF 2 :D

Agreed Jrob122.

Thanks for Space Battles Dice, it is appreciated very much. I am thankful.
  • They do not care if you are thankful. They took your money and ran. Being a sycophant will not make this game or its next iteration any better. Please stop.
  • @Juice2016 He really isn't being sycophantic, he just happens to like the Space Battles, and I agree with him. Really not sure what everyone was expecting from space battles, because everyone seems to be shocked that it requires flying in space... Oh well, each to their own. The point is, some of us do like Death Star, and can appreciate it without being a suck-up
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    • Hero Blast - All blast maps of the game vanilla + DLC in one playlist, Hero combat only. At last :naughty:

@Anoh Did i miss something? Has anyone confirmed that Hero Blast will in fact be coming next patch?
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    edited November 2016

That's not the case at all. He tweets about his car all the time.
    Juice2016 wrote: »
    They do not care if you are thankful. They took your money and ran. Being a sycophant will not make this game or its next iteration any better. Please stop.

This guy is about as negative as you can get get. But he speaks so much truth. Harsh truth, but truth nonetheless.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    #LargeMapPlayersMatter Don't disappoint me with the last DLC again. @Sledgehammer70 @FireWall

Her comment reminds me of Darth Vader:
    "Don't fail me again...Admiral," Vader threatens mockingly.

also watch 2:36-2:52 of this video
    -"and he is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress", said Darth Vader.
    "We shall double our efforts," the Commander says in fear.
    "I hope so Commander for your sake," warned the Lord of the Sith. "The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."

Vader chokes five people:

Adressed to thestarwarsfan:
    "Threats not make one great. Anger leads to hate. Hate is the path of the Dark Side. I sense much anger in you...mmmmm yes...much anger," mused Starmasui17324. [Yoda speak intentially modified from the real line.]

Lol, I'm giving you a hard time by the way. :D

*Back on topic: Lovin' phase two of Battle Station rock on Dice.
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Single players matter lets makes gaming great again. Be very grateful if you please watch thank you. @Sledgehammer70 @FireWall
  • #LargeMapPlayersMatter Don't disappoint me with the last DLC again. @Sledgehammer70 @FireWall

Yeah, that is what I was thinking about^^ #LargeMapPlayersMatter
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Single players matter lets makes gaming great again.

Yes, singleplayer matters. They probably understood it. There are rumors that EA Motive is developing a singleplayer and campaign for Battlefront 2 due to the big disappointment when it was missing. Now we need big maps like in Battlefield or the old Battlefronts xD
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    #LargeMapPlayersMatter Don't disappoint me with the last DLC again. @Sledgehammer70 @FireWall

Yeah, that is what I was thinking about^^ #LargeMapPlayersMatter

L.M.A.O. :D
    Fix.
    The.
    Lock-on.
    warning.
    for.
    the.
    TIE.
    Interceptor.
    That's a major priority.

What does he mean? He lost me on this one... :o
    What lock on warning?
  • @Starmasui17324 Theres a bug where you don't get a lock-on warning when people are locking onto you or firing a missile, came with the DS patch.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

That's not the case at all. He tweets about his car all the time.
    Juice2016 wrote: »
    They do not care if you are thankful. They took your money and ran. Being a sycophant will not make this game or its next iteration any better. Please stop.

This guy is about as negative as you can get get. But he speaks so much truth. Harsh truth, but truth nonetheless.

Clearly you haven't read his Twitter in a while
  • I would like to see more content in Skirmish. Smaller modes to get all the other maps, DLC modes plus maps, and new DLC hero ships as well
    -A convoluted signature

• @Starmasui17324 Theres a bug where you don't get a lock-on warning when people are locking onto you or firing a missile, came with the DS patch.

Really? Wow...fortunately I don't think I've got that one yet.
  • Oh Feedback on DeathStar..........More feed back from Devs
    -A convoluted signature

• @FireWall @Sledgehammer70 Please connect the RO large maps with the base game large maps in a rotation.
    I don't wanna leave everytime the playlist when a small mode comes and re-search large modes again.
    #BigModePlayersMatter.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Sledgehammer was online yesterday ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Want more skirmish content with dlc please @Sledgehammer70
  • Want more skirmish content with dlc please @Sledgehammer70

Asking for it? Why didnt anyone else think of this? Thanks fella, now im possitive were going to get more added. The key was to ask the same thing 6 million times. 5,999,999 just wasn't quite enough.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Want more skirmish content with dlc please @Sledgehammer70

Asking for it? Why didnt anyone else think of this? Thanks fella, now im possitive were going to get more added. The key was to ask the same thing 6 million times. 5,999,999 just wasn't quite enough.
    "Mmmm yes...much sarcasm I sense in you." [Yoda speak]
    Are you saying Dennis lied then? Because that's what he said...NOT us.
    Just saying...

*Back on topic: Had fun the day before yesterday playing Battle Station...thanks Dice.

Just saying...

You mean the guy who left the project before it finished?
    He said they might add another mode if it was popular enough. But "no promises".
    PopoTateo wrote: »

Just saying...

You mean the guy who left the project before it finished?
    He said they might add another mode if it was popular enough. But "no promises".

Yep, that's the guy. :)
    *Back on topic: Love being able to play as R2.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    The OR, Bespin and DS DLC had far too less big maps. Summarized 1 large map locked in a playlist with only small maps :(
    #BigModePlayersMatter @Sledgehammer70 @TheVestalViking
    Some more light saber heroes would be cool as well.
    Post edited by Ahsoka_Tano on
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    DEATH STAR DLC FEEDBACK
    Fortunately the 3rd DLC was palyable this weekend for customers who weren't sure if it is worth to buy it.
    In my opinion, if you don't have the season pass, don't buy it.
    Why? It has nothing to do with original Battlefront II. The space battles are the not very popular Fighter Squadron mode in space with some extra targets on a Star Destroyer and there are only 4 playable default vehicles :( This stage is very monoton.
    Like the FS in space stage, the others in the inner Death Star are monoton as well. Only small maps again like in the other 3 DLCs. Even I was many times the best player (I am surprised because I first time palyed it ;) ) it was hard to get R2-D2 and lose him a few seconds after entering. I won't count him as a playable "hero" :( . The spawn points are bad placed. The few small corridors are doomed and after opening a door without a bubble you die in seconds. There are no real alternative routes you can take to escape from the spawn without using jp, bubbles or ignoring and thus bypass enemies.
    The trench run was different, brought a little bit new ideas, was fun to play. Lack of different vehilces was distrubing 1 year after the base game release like always. Also the modes doesn't create the feeling of huge battles like in the original Battlefronts. After a few matches the modes were unbalanced and let to 3vs10 games.
    FINAL: The DS DLC had potential with Space Battles and larger maps on the Death Star. Unfortunately the phases are monoton and boring after a short period of time. Too less tactical or creative thinking is needed. Just spawn, die, spawn and die again. I wish DICE had based this DLC more on the original Battelfronts. There was a Death Star DLC map with Conquest Modes and without the upper mentioned problems.
    TO THE DEVS: You need to test the maps for playability and long time motivation. They look great like always :) But try to change your thinking a little bit ;) The heroes are nice btw :) Try to listen a little bit to the community and use the feedback^^

The DLC would be great as a bonus to the normal base game like the Jawa vs Tusken or HeroVsVillains Mode from Battlefront II, but not as a fully paid DLC. You put a lot of effort in it, keep doing so in the future as well, work with the fans don't ignore them be there for them :)
    @Sledgehammer70 @TheVestalViking @Guillaume-Dice @FireWall
    Post edited by thestarwarsfan on
    4oEtTHz.png
  • Please add all modes to skirmish and co-op and have all of the dlc unlocked. To play whenever we want.

Bug fixes for patches and glitches.

Throw in more free dlc I would particular like Yoda and obi wan. Mos eisley map.

It will be a great selling point and pay homage to the pandemic Battlefront games.

People will buy season passes and game.

I love this game and the fact and fear of thought of not being able to play all online content offline with paid dlc saddens me.

My reasons are simple this game will very soon shutdown and we can never access online or content we paid for again.

List of reasons below

Many can't afford paid subscriptions,

have data usage,

data caps,

family's,

areas with no internet,

work,

poor bandwith,

Can't afford internet

I really hope your reading this please make my wish come true for me and many people who love the game. And don't give up offline support thank you.

@Sledgehammer70 @FireWall
  • ElizLestrad
    62 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    The game needs some punishment/kick method put in place for your "free dlc" weekend events. Had an individual ruin a game for all the players involved by constantly committing suicide at the beginning of each round during the hero battles in a vain attempt to speed the matches up (apparently said individual did not realize that you get more xp by playing). This meant that the opposing team (in my case) always had one less hero than our team because of said individual.
  • Please add all modes to skirmish and co-op and have all of the dlc unlocked. To play whenever we want.

Bug fixes for patches and glitches.

Throw in more free dlc I would particular like Yoda and obi wan. Mos eisley map.

It will be a great selling point and pay homage to the pandemic Battlefront games.

People will buy season passes and game.

I love this game and the fact and fear of thought of not being able to play all online content offline with paid dlc saddens me.

My reasons are simple this game will very soon shutdown and we can never access online or content we paid for again.

List of reasons below

Many can't afford paid subscriptions,

have data usage,

data caps,

family's,

areas with no internet,

work,

poor bandwith,

Can't afford internet

I really hope your reading this please make my wish come true for me and many people who love the game. And don't give up offline support thank you.

@Sledgehammer70 @FireWall

Absolutely agree! There needs to be more skirmish modes, and the DLC maps really need to be with skirmish as well. We paid for these maps, we should be able to play on these boards offline.

• Absolutely agree! There needs to be more skirmish modes, and the DLC maps really need to be with skirmish as well. We paid for these maps, we should be able to play on these boards offline.

I agree with you. Discovered it was false. It took a little over 3 weeks to get in-touch with EA directly. They are issuing a full refund. I'll purchase them if offline ability is granted to all systems (I currently play on PC) however not being able to play Outer Rim/Besbin because I can't get enough players in the lobby is simply terrible and a fine waste of my time and money.
  • Bobba needs full-auto secondary fire for Death Star. Feels left underutilized in this round of DLC or dual pistols.

Some gameplay footage showcasing Han's Lucky shot being a horse shoe around the corner lock that should be fixed....

https://youtube.com/watch?v=knk9XoaNYgg&list=PLUs9Ztv1zQEmUqS9cwsquzQVu-FgoMzuE
  • Starmasui73146
    1568 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Now this is a Trench Run... Watch 14:42-19:45 Check out this hair raising sequence:

DICE why can't we Destroy towers???????? :o
    “There is always hope.”

Very true. :D
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1568 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    This may sound excessive but it really bugs me:
    (1.) Why in first phase don't the BTL Y-Wing Bombers go to Warp after their bombing run on the Imperial Star Destroyer? What is up with the...'go 300 feet and explode thing' even if they are not being shot at at all?

Also this one reeeeeeeally ercs me:
    (2.) Why do we not get any points for destroying a BTL Y-Wing? It's like it's a waste of time trying to destroy one even though it shouldn't be. Plus it seems to make no difference even though it should. Less bombers...less damage...thus less time to shoot at the Star Destroyer.

Love all the little tweeks you've done in your Updates though thanks. :)
    “There is always hope.”
  • Vader is pain in the neck to kill.
  • Did I miss something.. I still cannot access Bespin and Death Star expansion playlists since an update months ago. Any help!
  • Did I miss something.. I still cannot access Bespin and Death Star expansion playlists since an update months ago. Any help!

Reload them?