criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Rogue One DLC Livestream Discussion

Replies

• Hey all - Appreciate all the feedback, both positive and negative. Gives us a good idea about how you feel of what's been shown so far. Hopefully when you get your hands on it, you'll have some new things to say about it.

I really like the DLC. Just wished for updates on Skirmish (DLC maps, new modes etc.)
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • Hey all - Appreciate all the feedback, both positive and negative. Gives us a good idea about how you feel of what's been shown so far. Hopefully when you get your hands on it, you'll have some new things to say about it.

I really like the DLC. Just wished for updates on Skirmish (DLC maps, new modes etc.)

You did get an update on it. They confirmed there will be no more support for it.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Hey all - Appreciate all the feedback, both positive and negative. Gives us a good idea about how you feel of what's been shown so far. Hopefully when you get your hands on it, you'll have some new things to say about it.

You did get an update on it. They confirmed there will be no more support for it.

All my hopes
    You can't spell "steal" without EA

hxed7ph501zd.png
  • 3 words for this DLC.

Boring
    Lazy
    Dull

3 words for this post

Boring
    Lazy
    Dull
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    3 words for this DLC.

Boring
    Lazy
    Dull

3 words for you.

Nobody
    Here
    Cares
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • 3 words.

I

Can't

Wait

For

December

6th

* Am I doing this right?
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    ORancisis wrote: »
    3 words.

I

Can't

Wait

For

December

6th

* Am I doing this right?

If you made two different posts then sure.
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • Firewall17 wrote: »
    ORancisis wrote: »
    3 words.

I

Can't

Wait

For

December

6th

* Am I doing this right?

If you made two different posts then sure.

giphy.gif
  • The All Terrain Armored Cargo Transports are in game but we face off against the vanilla ATATs cause it's just like that. The AT-ACTs are in the background, like how in Hoth survival ATATs are there but non-interactable just like how the Tauntaun and Wampa are in game. Tauntauns an iceberg and the Wampa is eating bones on ToH
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Does anyone know how much hp jyn and krennic have? Do they both have 1000? I hope jyn is a little tanky
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Hey all - Appreciate all the feedback, both positive and negative. Gives us a good idea about how you feel of what's been shown so far. Hopefully when you get your hands on it, you'll have some new things to say about it.

This was not confirmed
    May the force be with you.
  • RyanK388
    1743 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Then what mirelurk cake eating contest have you dawdled from to know this truth mod man jaywal? Twitter is not a response I really want, plus tony hates facebook but the capers couldn't agree less on hero blast, really un-confirmed reasonings for it to be rumors. I'm sorry what was this response for again?
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    Well I just unlocked the Dioxis Grenade Hutt Contract, which requires me to spam both flash and smoke. Who knows, maybe I'll like them. I also unlocked the Scatter Gun and the Adrenaline Stim Contracts (late, I know). Is Outer Rim still populated enough for me to complete them?

Outer Rim is still populated but with a fair amount of coordinated parties. The good thing is, the Dioxis and Scatter Gun Hutt Contracts do not require that they be completed in Outer Rim.
  • Dioxis is one of my favorite cards. It wasn't until Bespin that I finally got around to unlocking the upgraded card.
  • Firewall17 wrote: »
    3 words for this DLC.

Boring
    Lazy
    Dull

3 words for you.

Nobody
    Here
    Cares

Calm down Dennis.

Thank you and your team for all the hard work you do! Now it's not long until the hype train starts for Battlefront II which I'm guessing will be revealed at Star Wars Celebration in April 13th - 16th :-D
  • LordByrney wrote: »

Now it's not long until the hype train starts for Battlefront II which I'm guessing will be revealed at Star Wars Celebration in April 13th - 16th :-D

After EA Battlefront I think the hype for number 2 is alot, a lot lower.
  • Jaywal wrote: »

This was not confirmed

Oh please! I've been on this earth long enough to read that tone of voice and body language.
    @TheVestalViking
    Paul, great to hear from someone on the team on these forums. Truly.

Please please dont let it be another 2 months until we have another post or any communication from one of the team on the official forums (the last time we heard from community managers was oct 22). Please engage with us, answer questions, provide updates, tell us when our feedback is spot on or way off, and show that you mean what you said in the live stream and that EA really does want to keep supporting this game.

There are a large number of us who love this game, but feel significantly short-changed for various reasons. the perception of neglect from ea towards this game by the absence of official posts on the official forums for two months has only fuelled ongoing toxicity in this community and feelings that this game is going to die post rogue one dlc.

I think almost everyone here deep down just wants this to be a great star wars game, as I'm sure you and the team do too. Please keep the comms open here. We'd really appreciate it.
    @TheVestalViking
    Paul, great to hear from someone on the team on these forums. Truly.

Please please dont let it be another 2 months until we have another post or any communication from one of the team on the official forums (the last time we heard from community managers was oct 22). Please engage with us, answer questions, provide updates, tell us when our feedback is spot on or way off, and show that you mean what you said in the live stream and that EA really does want to keep supporting this game.

There are a large number of us who love this game, but feel significantly short-changed for various reasons. the perception of neglect from ea towards this game by the absence of official posts on the official forums for two months has only fuelled ongoing toxicity in this community and feelings that this game is going to die post rogue one dlc.

I think almost everyone here deep down just wants this to be a great star wars game, as I'm sure you and the team do too. Please keep the comms open here. We'd really appreciate it.

@TheVestalViking ^This if you truly say you are a Star Wars fan.

The real fans understand you had to push this game out to appease EA and their movie timeline.
    Stuff didn't get finished, and it's clear with the other modes found by data miners. This does however tell us you had larger plans then the timeline allowed.

The whingers will whinge, but they'll get over it. However if you keep your silence then you're just going to infuriate people to the point that, even the most die hard fans will just give up on this game, and that's the last thing you want leading up to BF2.

things i'd like to see happen after xmas, is maybe the DLC's, becoming vanilla at some point in time.
    Yes we paid for it, but unless your going to host xp events every week, and even with Scarif which looks like it might be my favourite yet, will be over and done in a months time.

Finding DLC games will cease to exist. So yes again we paid for it, but whats the point it there's no one to play against. I'm already at the point of saying just make it free so more poeple are playing so I can actually play what i paid for.

But most importantly @TheVestalViking keep the commlinks open.
  • WodiQuix wrote: »
    Well I just unlocked the Dioxis Grenade Hutt Contract, which requires me to spam both flash and smoke. Who knows, maybe I'll like them. I also unlocked the Scatter Gun and the Adrenaline Stim Contracts (late, I know). Is Outer Rim still populated enough for me to complete them?

Outer Rim is still populated but with a fair amount of coordinated parties. The good thing is, the Dioxis and Scatter Gun Hutt Contracts do not require that they be completed in Outer Rim.

Tru dat.

I hadn't played in a while and thought I'd hop on last night for a quick round of extraction...holy crow, I'm not going back to that crucible without a team!
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Was there any mention of fixes for Lando's power blast and the speeder bike team kill issues?
  • Was there any mention of fixes for Lando's power blast and the speeder bike team kill issues?

Lando's power blast is fixed in this patch also the speeder bikes vs heroes (not sure about the team killing).
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Me too. I wonder what time it will be uploaded.
  • CS2107
    1961 posts Member
    Whodunnit wrote: »
    Was there any mention of fixes for Lando's power blast and the speeder bike team kill issues?

Lando's power blast is fixed in this patch also the speeder bikes vs heroes (not sure about the team killing).

God yes. Finally we get rid of those teamkillers... most annyoing thing ever. And finally I can play Boba in HvV again. Thank you very much :smile:
  • Let's not forget, when the 'mystery' 4th DLC was first announced about a year ago, the release date was quoted as 'Early 2017'.

Therefore we are all getting it at least a month earlier than originally planned - how often do you see that in video games?

The Devs need to be given some credit for that, whether you like the actual DLC or not.

• CS2107 wrote: »
    Was there any mention of fixes for Lando's power blast and the speeder bike team kill issues?

And finally I can play Boba in HvV again :smile:
    Yeah, the only way to not get one shotted was to get in close range with him.
    Btw, if the homing will still be active (and the trait not) then he's gonna be OP again.

• Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    MikeyFett wrote: »
    Let's not forget, when the 'mystery' 4th DLC was first announced about a year ago, the release date was quoted as 'Early 2017'.

Therefore we are all getting it at least a month earlier than originally planned - how often do you see that in video games?

The Devs need to be given some credit for that, whether you like the actual DLC or not.

May the force be with you.
  • MikeyFett wrote: »
    Let's not forget, when the 'mystery' 4th DLC was first announced about a year ago, the release date was quoted as 'Early 2017'.

True... even if they just did it for the maximum profit from releasing it before the movie and not for our sake.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

True... even if they just did it for the maximum profit from releasing it before the movie and not for our sake.

An argument could be made that even if it's not for our sake, we will still benefit...if timed correctly, they could bring in a lot of new players, which we sorely need.
  • MikeyFett wrote: »

Perhaps the DLC might not have been Rogue One at first? The VR mission wasn't supposed to be related to Rogue One, but they changed that later down the line.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jbstiner wrote: »

An argument could be made that even if it's not for our sake, we will still benefit...if timed correctly, they could bring in a lot of new players, which we sorely need.

No, No, we already have enough new players!
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

Yeah, but still, if they didn't have to rush with every DLC, they could have been even more better. Tbh the original game also could have been better if they didn't want to finish it for SW7 so desperately.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    Jbstiner wrote: »

Yeah, but still, if they didn't have to rush with every DLC, they could have been even more better. Tbh the original game also could have been better if they didn't want to finish it for SW7 so desperately.

I won't disagree...just looking on the bright side :)
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

Fresh recruits are always needed. And if we don't get them through volunteers, we may be forced to use some of Hux's soldiers...and we all know how well that worked

Yupp, also I have to admit these are not the devs decisions and they did an awesome job based on what we saw so far :)
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

Yupp, also I have to admit these are not the devs decisions and they did an awesome job based on what we saw so far :)

I'm looking forward to enjoying some of the beach scenery, for sure...
    2000sGuy wrote: »

Fresh recruits are always needed. And if we don't get them through volunteers, we may be forced to use some of Hux's soldiers...and we all know how well that worked

Someone's gotta teach these soldiers that "Walker Assualt" is not the game mode "Blast" and that you don't need to throw your TDs at everything.
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg

+1
  • Jbstiner
    2676 posts Member
    edited December 2016

Someone's gotta teach these soldiers that "Walker Assualt" is not the game mode "Blast" and that you don't need to throw your TDs at everything.

Tru dat. I mostly play WA and Blast...one for the objective play and one just for killing

Tru dat. I mostly play WA and Blast...one for the objective play and one just for killing

What... did I just see?
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

What... did I just see?

Alice's Restaurant! From one of the greatest folk artists of all time!

OK, so maybe I'm dating myself...lol

DLC looks great. Thanks for all the little fixes too.
  • Hi @Ristardo and @mercurybeeee - We will do our best to keep communication open, but as much as you won't like to hear it, we have (more than) full time jobs and a family outside of work. It's difficult to dig through everything and comment on the sheer amount of traffic on this forum or, for some of us, Twitter. I'm still talking with our internal teams on a better way to structure our interactions as this isn't ideal for either you all or for us in this current format.

Additionally, as I mentioned in a forum post many months ago, we can't always directly answer some of your questions. There are company rules we need to follow and sometimes they preclude us from saying something that you want answers on. I'd like to answer them, but I like keeping my job even more. :)
    -Paul Keslin, Producer on Battlefront
  • ...Additionally, as I mentioned in a forum post many months ago, we can't always directly answer some of your questions. There are company rules we need to follow and sometimes they preclude us from saying something that you want answers on. I'd like to answer them, but I like keeping my job even more. :)

I think most of us 'get it' but I'm glad you're aware that communication is sketchy. We currently rely on the investigative journalism of a few dedicated forum members for news and updates.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Jaywal wrote: »

This was not confirmed

You sure about that one?

I would say @TheVestalViking basically stated pretty clearly that nothing else is coming to Skirmish.

I hope that he and the rest of DICE reconsider that though.

Skirmish will keep this game going for a lot longer once the player base numbers cut down and once the servers are shut off.

Please reconsider guys, at least give us Blast, if nothing else, as Blast can be played on the rest of the Vanilla Maps and the DLC Maps and would be the easiest Mode to program in.