criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rogue One: Scarif DLC You Can Discuss All Things Related Here

Replies

• PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Whodunnit wrote: »

So a DT-29/cooling flush frenzy awaits. Lovely!
    Anyone seeing the flaw here? It fires ammunition, hence no overheat. Yet it is helped by the cooling flush? Duuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrr! :s
  • Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »

But it does no damage, so people aren't going to pick it over the new option. Gotta get that k/d up right?
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    Does the DT-29 shoot laser shots? At first I thought it was a slug thrower but I'm not sure now.
  • hopefully the tie striker is very weak because cheap deaths by that thing will drive me through the wall... but apart from that, that DLC looks like a great time.
  • hopefully the tie striker is very weak because cheap deaths by that thing will drive me through the wall... but apart from that, that DLC looks like a great time.

It's kinda like an orbital strike, but I didn't really see that much of them in the Livestream except the "Tie Strikers are in the area" thing a bunch. SWHQ died by it once and it seemed to work kinda like the AI ships in FS? Guess we'll wait and see...
  • that A180 (i think it is called that) looks fantastic. same as the six-shooter. i have been saying for a while that im not a fan of the cheesy star cards they have introduced to this game through the DLC's, and these guns are sure to lessen the amount of people abusing the cheese... the A180 in particular should mean less disruption, less bacta, less shock grenades, less jump packs etc... i love the blaster on blaster combat in this game, and these weapons are a huge step in the right direction imo. well played DICE.
  • zoodc wrote: »
    Does the DT-29 shoot laser shots? At first I thought it was a slug thrower but I'm not sure now.

Its a projectile weapon that is helped by cooling flush! Go figure!
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    zoodc wrote: »

Well does it puncture shields? If not it's probably a weird blaster/projectile fusion which is scientifically explainable somewhere in an overly complicated way. I'm okay with cooling cell helping it, it's nice having that ability. Note that a cooling flush however doesn't happen, it seems to just have a reload animation.

Well does it puncture shields? If not it's probably a weird blaster/projectile fusion which is scientifically explainable somewhere in an overly complicated way. I'm okay with cooling cell helping it, it's nice having that ability. Note that a cooling flush however doesn't happen, it seems to just have a reload animation.

They actually said cooling flush makes it unlimited shots for the duration.
  • I'm disappointed there aren't many new skins. I'd rather them just make the Shoretrooper unlockable as opposed to a Shoretrooper captain
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I do wonder what the rebels/ imperials did with the equipment we're seeing here. None of the new cool looking stuff was seen in the OT so they must have forgotten they had it.
  • shteve wrote: »
    I do wonder what the rebels/ imperials did with the equipment we're seeing here. None of the new cool looking stuff was seen in the OT so they must have forgotten they had it.

They couldn't keep up with the payments. Times are tough, right?
  • Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
    PopoTateo wrote: »

I think you've mixed up Cooling Cell and Cooling Flush, the latter being the minigame you play when you overheat. But yeah the Cooling Cell Charge Card will seemingly let you just fire it heaps? I suspect though if that's too OP it might be disabled. It's going to be one of the first time I'll have tried that charge however, I never really have a reason to as there's always something more useful to attach imo, even in the midst of disruption. On that note, if they make it so it isn't affected by Cooling Cell, it also shouldn't be affected by disruption >:)

I think you've mixed up Cooling Cell and Cooling Flush, the latter being the minigame you play when you overheat. But yeah the Cooling Cell Charge Card will seemingly let you just fire it heaps? I suspect though if that's too OP it might be disabled. It's going to be one of the first time I'll have tried that charge however, I never really have a reason to as there's always something more useful to attach imo, even in the midst of disruption. On that note, if they make it so it isn't affected by Cooling Cell, it also shouldn't be affected by disruption >:)

But it isn't effected by Disruption :smiley:
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Are still large maps comeing or not? Dennis ment to me that more large maps are comeing, but the Rogue One DLC maps seem to be medium sized without any real vehicle combat.
    Perhaps this DLC might be fun, but I was forwarding to large maps and vehicles after one year of waiting and seeing more and more small maps were released :'(
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Battlefront II was 32vs32 this was a down grade of 24 players per 20vs20 match. Then the DLCs max got 16vs16 thus -8 players. I am afraid that we will never get the epic movie battles like invasions or defending cities on ground or planets in space.

#BigModePlayersMatter
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Are still large maps comeing or not? Dennis ment to me that more large maps are comeing, but the Rogue One DLC maps seem to be medium sized without any real vehicle combat.
    Perhaps this DLC might be fun, but I was forwarding to large maps and vehicles after one year of waiting and seeing more and more small maps were released :'(
    wait.. THERES NO ATSTs?!!!!!
    giphy.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Are still large maps comeing or not? Dennis ment to me that more large maps are comeing, but the Rogue One DLC maps seem to be medium sized without any real vehicle combat.
    wait.. THERES NO ATSTs?!!!!!
    giphy.gif

I don't think AT-ST's are on scariff in the movie so maybe that's why

• Cool... I guess.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Someone here with a twitter account? Could you ask an developer about the backpack customization and tell me what he answered? Maybe put in my link--> http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/60975/just-a-really-small-wish-ea-or-dice-please-read
    Thank you :)
  • Here is a panarama of the Rogue One: Scarif DLC put to orchestra music.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Yeah, the game look great, so what? Even the harshest critics have always said that.
    This game lacks in features because of it though. They had to have 20v20 on small large maps due to how much data the graphics took up. Great graphics don't make for a great game.
    Yeah, the game look great, so what? Even the harshest critics have always said that.
    This game lacks in features because of it though. They had to have 20v20 on small large maps due to how much data the graphics took up. Great graphics don't make for a great game.

I'll reserve judgement on the Scarif DLC tell I play it.

But yeah pretty definitely doesn't necessarily mean that the game even remotely touched the Pandemic classic SWBF II.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Battlefront II was 32vs32 this was a down grade of 24 players per 20vs20 match. Then the DLCs max got 16vs16 thus -8 players. I am afraid that we will never get the epic movie battles like invasions or defending cities on ground or planets in space.

#BigModePlayersMatter

Back then there was less emphasis on the surrounding background and graphics so the engines could afford 32 verse 32. classes also streamlined some of the rendering things
  • Starmasui73146
    1032 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    It has arrived at last we shall the first 15 minutes of game play of the Rogue One DLC. Here we go!!!

This video recaping info we already know, shows a shot of the map at 1:54

(1.) Clearly Death Troopers are acting as Krennic's body guards.
    (2.) Your allowed to go into the jungle brush and be stealthy which is cool.
    (3.) Phase One of 'Infiltration Mode' you get to fly a U-Wing!!!
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1032 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    (4.) Vanilla Hero Special Traits:
    Luke Skywalker- Faster sprint speed with each kill.
    Han Solo- More blaster damage over a greater distance as you progress through his trait (sooooo I guess Han is the new Lando because he used to devistate from range before the recent nerf).
    Princess Leia- Giving armor to Rebels near by. A great counter to this is Sonic Imploder Grenade which reduces Armor strength.
    Darth Vader- The more enemies he is near the greater he is armored. So Darth is now a tank.
    Emperor Palpatine- The lighting cooldown is faster the more enemies you kill.
    Bobba Fett- Jetpack recharges faster as you get kills. Plus he gets a scan ability which progressively gets better and better the higher up you go with the trait with him.

(5.) Next up other Heroes and Villians:
    Director Krennic- has the ability (like Princess Leia) to Armor Up near by allies. A great counter to this is Sonic Imploder Grenade which reduces Armor strength.

(6.) Specials:
    Unique manual reload mechanic for the DT-29. Immune to Disruption Star Card. It can also uses Star Cards such as Cooling Cell which gives it infinite ammo.
    The melee strike of the Bo-Rifle (5:40-6:00) and again at (6:42-7:11)- Seems to act as a mid-range rifle and a close range electric melee.
    The interchangeable components of the AI-80. The AI-80 can use the Bounty Hunter Trait which can allow a quicker cooldown for the weapons other firing modes.

(7.) Sonic Imploder Grenade can blind Bossk in predator mode, besides weakening the armor.

P.S.- On a side note: The Deathstar DLC gets Cargo and Droid run game modes.

“There is always hope.”
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Battlefront II was 32vs32 this was a down grade of 24 players per 20vs20 match. Then the DLCs max got 16vs16 thus -8 players. I am afraid that we will never get the epic movie battles like invasions or defending cities on ground or planets in space.

#BigModePlayersMatter

Back then there was less emphasis on the surrounding background and graphics so the engines could afford 32 verse 32. classes also streamlined some of the rendering things

Battlefield 1 has 32vs32 with vehicles.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• (4.) Vanilla Hero Special Traits:
    Luke Skywalker- Faster sprint speed with each kill.
    Han Solo- More blaster damage over a greater distance as you progress through his trait (sooooo I guess Han is the new Lando because he used to devistate from range before the recent nerf).
    Princess Leia- Giving armor to Rebels near by.
    Darth Vader- The more enemies he is near the greater he is armored. So Darth is now a tank.
    Bobba Fett- Jetpack recharges faster as you get kills. Plus he gets a scan ability which progressively gets better and better the higher up you go with the trait with him.

Dang it!
    Now noobs who chose Luke will be even harder to kill!
    And don't get me started on all these pathetic Boba Fett Campers who get at most 25-0
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • RyanK388 wrote: »
    Battlefront II was 32vs32 this was a down grade of 24 players per 20vs20 match. Then the DLCs max got 16vs16 thus -8 players. I am afraid that we will never get the epic movie battles like invasions or defending cities on ground or planets in space.

#BigModePlayersMatter

Battlefield 1 has excellent graphics. But they are not photo captured (or whatever its called) images. I don't think any game has ever had graphics as good as battlefront. Shame the content and gameplay isn't just as good.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    RyanK388 wrote: »

#BigModePlayersMatter

Battlefield 1 has excellent graphics. But they are not photo captured (or whatever its called) images. I don't think any game has ever had graphics as good as battlefront. Shame the content and gameplay isn't just as good.

If Battlefront teached us anything then that graphics are not everything and won't make good games alone.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Starmasui73146
    1032 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Aaaaand more news:
    (8.) Walker Assault mode in the Rogue One DLC only has two uplinks, so the mode will be shorter.

(9.) Krennic- One ability of his is an Imperial Astro Mech Droid he can deploy, which provides Scan Pulse and a mobile defender. Another ability is his blaster called 'Armor Breaker' which does a wopping amount of damage. By the way that Armor Increase he gives those within the red circle is called 'Wrath of the Empire'.

Watch this:

(10.) Death Troopers - Have 'Thermal Imploders', 'Smart Rockets' and 'Cooldown'...Cooldown reduction when next to Krennic (just like ALL the Guards now get).
    “There is always hope.”
    RyanK388 wrote: »

#BigModePlayersMatter

Photogammetry techniques, exactly. Battlefront still surpasses BF1 for graphics. Though I'm sure the world's 'leading' game developer could innovate and improve server capabilities themselves, assuming it doesn't break their infinite budget of course...
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • Banzai_Eddie
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi guys and gurls ??
    does anyone knows at what time tomorrow the DLC be released ???
  • Hi guys and gurls ??

We're currently keeping our eyes tuned to the official sources. We'll have more information Soon™

Um but yeah Sledge should post the exact times on the forum as an announcement sometime soon...
  • Banzai_Eddie
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi guys and gurls ??

We're currently keeping our eyes tuned to the official sources. We'll have more information Soon™

Um but yeah Sledge should post the exact times on the forum as an announcement sometime soon...

okay,, thanks for the quick respons!! so my question is/was legit thought it was already known, and i just missed it somehow, strange that up till one day before the release, they dont let us all know when the dlc will be released, well one thing is for sure... its tomorrow :)
  • Hi guys and gurls ??

okay,, thanks for the quick respons!! so my question is/was legit thought it was already known, and i just missed it somehow, strange that up till one day before the release, they dont let us all know when the dlc will be released, well one thing is for sure... its tomorrow :)

Haha yeah your fine bro, there'll be an official listing in the next few hours. If it follows the timeline all the other DLCs followed, the PC should come in 17 hours from now, the PS4 should be in 19 hours from now and Xbox should be 21 hours from now. Tell me your timezone and I can convert that to actual times for you
  • Hi guys and gurls ??

No worries! The times should drop in a few hours hopefully, the patch notes will drop when the first patch rolls out (usually for PC).
  • Whodunnit
    5551 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi guys and gurls ??

No worries! The times should drop in a few hours hopefully, the patch notes will drop when the first patch rolls out (usually for PC).

*PC rulez* Also there will be a bunch of patch news in about 4-5 hours ;)
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Starmasui73146
    1032 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    (11.) Infiltration mode
    Phase One- U-Wings must travel a great distance to try to make it through the jump gate alive to go to phase two. The Rebels must defend them. If they die new U-Wing pilots are assigned.

Phase Two- When playing as a Rebel in second phase the object is to destroy the Imperial Shuttle. A bomb spawns at a perticular spot and it must be placed on the shuttle to destroy it. Just like COD 'Demolition mode'. If you get killed carrying the bomb it falls where you died but you helped by getting it closer to the objective.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Banzai_Eddie
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Hi guys and gurls ??

Haha yeah your fine bro, there'll be an official listing in the next few hours. If it follows the timeline all the other DLCs followed, the PC should come in 17 hours from now, the PS4 should be in 19 hours from now and Xbox should be 21 hours from now. Tell me your timezone and I can convert that to actual times for you

thanks a bunch, im in Amsterdam Holland, so it will be prolly about 08.00 in the morning then, anyways , i will keep n eye out for any news here !!
  • Hi guys and gurls ??

thanks a bunch, im in Amsterdam Holland, so it will be prolly about 08.00 in the morning then, anyways , i will keep n eye out for any news here !!

Yep, you got it, for you it'll be something like
    • PC: ~8:00am
    • PS4: ~10:00am
    • Xbox: ~12:00pm
  • Hi guys and gurls ??

Hi guys and gurls ??

Thanks brother !!!
  • Starmasui73146
    1032 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    If the following comment confused anyone I can understand why:
    :D Lol... Just noticed on my discriptive of Sidious's new trait I said Lighting not Lightning, lol... :D

Well here's a correction
    Vanilla Hero New Traits:
    Emperor Palpatine- The lightning cooldown is faster the more enemies you kill.

:D There that's better.
    “There is always hope.”

• An actual interview with Guillaume Mroz on all things reguarding the Rogue One: Scarif DLC.

“There is always hope.”
  • Starmasui73146
    1032 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Infiltration (continued) Despite popular believe 'Infiltration' mode does NOT have two phases, it has three. The third and final phase is right after blowing up the Imperial Cargo Shuttles. Yes you heard correct 'shuttles' as in plural. You must destroy more then one cargo shuttle in phase two. There are two Imperial Cargo Shuttles to destroy. Just because you activate the bomb does not mean your done, Imperials can deactivate it.

Now the third and final phase you have five data tapes (in different locations) that must be brought to the U-Wings for the Rebels to win Infiltration mode.

1.) You have 9 min and 47 sec in phase one 'The Approach' to get your U-Wing through that Shield Gate.
    *The Rebels took 7 min 15 sec roughly to beat phase one.
    2.) You have 8 min and 11 sec to blow up the two Imperial Cargo Shuttles.
    3.) You have 10 min and 14 seconds to get all five data tapes to the parked U-Wing.

During phase two the Rebel Tranport Gunship U-Wing is definetly on a rail system that circles the map. But you can totally get your Rambo gunner on!!!

If you notice at 10:03- 10:07 you can finally see and hear the Sonic Imploder Grenade:
    “There is always hope.”
  • Heroes review: Krennic is okay for sniping long range (his anti-armor blaster attachment kills in one hit from all ranges, plus has a teeny-tiny bit of aim correction), but he SUCKS in close quarters. His reload is painfully slow, almost as slow as an overheated blaster that's failed a heat purge. Which is made worse by the fact that he only has 6 shots before that painfully slow reload. Sure, it fires VERY quickly, and kill troopers in 2 hits from pretty much all ranges (one headshot), but he's still almost helpless in close combat. His main strength is the fact that he can give himself and his allies armor on-command, meaning that if you're sniping with him, you (and the trooops near you) can ignore some minor scratch damage because it can be restored by spamming his Wrath of the Empire whenever it's off cooldown. His droid is useful, but not exactly great because it can't be directed, and seems to wander around with no purpose, instead of staying where you leave it.

Jyn Erso is much better. Her blaster pistol is slow firing, but it kills in two hits (one headshot) and takes forever to overheat. And her blaster rifle attachment, while slow to pull out, is good as your primary weapon (as you switch to your pistol if your rifle overheats). Her Sonic Imploder is also very useful for taking out groups of enemies that are clustered, since you can blind them them mow them down afterwards. However, be careful because she can blind herself as well. As far as I can tell, she's great for close quarters as she can spam her Truncheon and as long as she keeps getting kills, she can keep melee-ing enemies in one hit kills. Just be careful because her Truncheon seems to have trouble hitting enemies that are too close to her or too far to the sides of her charge. Also, the melee rush that accompanies the Truncheon is very short (only a few feet).

Quick score for the heroes: Krennic 6/10, Erso 7/10. Krennic could be great if not for his horrid reload time, and Erso needs a bit of reworking of her Truncheon's melee hitbox because it seems kinda wonky at the moment. I've sometimes missed people that were TOUCHING ME, because the actual hit seems to go past them.