criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

Scariff Patch Platform Release Notifications

LysdexicsUntied
2034 posts Member
edited December 2016
Thanks to the wonders of time zones, a lot of people aren't quite sure when its coming for their platform. From the time of posting, it should be half an hour from now for PC, 2 hours 30 minutes for PS4, and 4 hours 30 for Xbox. But since every DLC people start wondering when it'll pop up on their consoles anyway, I figured I'd make this thread - the moment you see the download actually start, come here and post a comment letting everyone know that it is available for your platform. Remember to include which platform you're on.

I'm actually going to be out for the PS4 release :cry: so Ill be relying on everyone else to manage this thread for me. Please, for the love of all that is holy, do not post troll comments.

Also, don't be surprised if the download isn't available right when @Sledgehammer70's thread says it will be, all 3 of the last DLCs have had 15 to 45 minute delays. Its to be expected because of the scale of distribution, don't start mass-producing threads complaining that "it isn't ready yet". If you aren't sure, check this thread to see if it is available for your platform.
All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.

Replies

• hoth_two1 wrote: »
    4.5 GB
    I can't verify this myself, but PC patch is apparently live
  • I can certainly confirm that the update is at least live, though I'm still in the middle of downloading it (so I don't know if the game servers themselves are actually up again). That being said, my download says 9.39GB in size, not 4.5GB.
  • CrazyAce wrote: »
    I can certainly confirm that the update is at least live, though I'm still in the middle of downloading it (so I don't know if the game servers themselves are actually up again). That being said, my download says 9.39GB in size, not 4.5GB.

Yeah they corrected the size on that thread, it is 9.39. Roughly how long does it say your update will take?
  • We've got less than 10gb left in our monthly plan. It resets at midnight, so looks like I'll have to download it overnight

• Well I've got pretty fast internet, and I'm at about 22% now (~2GB), so another 30-35m, approximately. My peak download speed is about 4 MB/sec, so it's moving at a decent clip.
    I can certainly confirm that the update is at least live, though I'm still in the middle of downloading it (so I don't know if the game servers themselves are actually up again). That being said, my download says 9.39GB in size, not 4.5GB.

Aye - 4.5GB of fixes and 9.39GB of game Im downloading @9.20MB a second and almost done now.
  • Aye - 4.5GB of fixes and 9.39GB of game Im downloading @9.20MB a second and almost done now.

Ooooh, fixes. That explains why they downloaded near-instantaneously. It thought that was way too fast for a normal download. I'm guessing some asset files were just tweaked a bit.

Looking forward to the hero updates the most. I think Bossk is still going to be OP, but at least the other heroes will be up-to-snuff.
  • JigglybeanTV
    1093 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    CrazyAce wrote: »
    Aye - 4.5GB of fixes and 9.39GB of game Im downloading @9.20MB a second and almost done now.

Ooooh, fixes. That explains why they downloaded near-instantaneously. It thought that was way too fast for a normal download. I'm guessing some asset files were just tweaked a bit.

Looking forward to the hero updates the most. I think Bossk is still going to be OP, but at least the other heroes will be up-to-snuff.

I am not sure what changes have been made to Bossk, if any - but Bacta bombs now heal heroes too. I am not sure if he is included on that. However, they will NOT take a heroes full health past 100

9.2mB/s?!?!?!?! I hope you understand how phenomenally fast your speeds are :joy:
  • Oh god, bacta bombs heal heroes? I'm not sure I like that. Some of the heroes are hard enough to kill as it is. With this change, a team that runs a good amount of bacta will have immortal heroes. I guess we're gonna have to see how it goes. I suppose EA can always change it back if it gets to be too much. (I hope.)

9.2mB/s?!?!?!?! I hope you understand how phenomenally fast your speeds are :joy:

Meanwhile we Australians just weep at our phenomenally slow internet speeds

Oh god, bacta bombs heal heroes? I'm not sure I like that. Some of the heroes are hard enough to kill as it is. With this change, a team that runs a good amount of bacta will have immortal heroes. I guess we're gonna have to see how it goes. I suppose EA can always change it back if it gets to be too much. (I hope.)

I'm pretty sure there are restrictions, you can't just bacta your way back to full health. I think it just adds 10 to your current health, and gets taken down like normal bacta

Aha...Aussie life...god help us hahahah
  • TMachine97 wrote: »
    CrazyAce wrote: »

Meanwhile we Australians just weep at our phenomenally slow internet speeds

:joy::joy::joy: Meanwhile in Australia, I'll enjoy the update finally downloading sometime next year...

Aha...Aussie life...god help us hahahah

:joy: We didn't choose the slow life, the slow life quite literally chose us
  • Yeah, Australia and the USA have some of the worst download speeds. I'm guessing that JigglybeanTV, if that individual lives in the USA, maybe live near a big city, next to a hub for that kind of speed (which would be around ~80 mb/s [megaBITS per second], which is about about 10 MB/s [megaBYTES per second]). That's pales in comparison to some speeds they can achieve in Brazil, where the richer folks can get speed anywhere from 1-6 GB/s. (Holy crap!)
  • Patch Notes are out!
  • Patch Notes are out!

Thanks. I just finished reading them. My only real concern is that Luke's mobility is going to be insane. He's already hard to pin down, but I think I'm just going to have to hide in a corner if the Rebel team gets Luke, lol. XD
  • Patch Notes are out!

YASS. Reading now...
    Yeah, Australia and the USA have some of the worst download speeds. I'm guessing that JigglybeanTV, if that individual lives in the USA, maybe live near a big city, next to a hub for that kind of speed (which would be around ~80 mb/s [megaBITS per second], which is about about 10 MB/s [megaBYTES per second]). That's pales in comparison to some speeds they can achieve in Brazil, where the richer folks can get speed anywhere from 1-6 GB/s. (Holy ****!)

Where do you live, and what speeds do you get? I get 15Mb down and 0.8Mb up, and that is very good speeds for Australia
  • I'm with Sky's top package in a "copper wired" part of the UK that is lucky to hit 5.2 Mbps down and 650 Kbps up... Yep, that's right...

In reality though and depending on the traffic, especially local traffic, I can't always manage these lightning fast speeds ;)

Downloading is a bit like going for a drive into town, it's usually quicker to walk the turtle into town...
  • Au ps4 just started.....here we go. I'm going to be pretty tired for work tomorrow.
  • Downloading PS4 update in AU. Started @ 9:15pm AEST.
  • Yep, PS4 is live right now
  • Also, don't be surprised if the download isn't available right when @Sledgehammer70's thread says it will be, all 3 of the last DLCs have had 15 to 45 minute delays. Its to be expected because of the scale of distribution, don't start mass-producing threads complaining that "it isn't ready yet". If you aren't sure, check this thread to see if it is available for your platform.

This please god this.... The 'isn't ready' threads were awful for the Death Star. You must have patience my young padawans.
  • 9.010 gig.......this is going to take a while.....
  • 9GB.
    Ok dudes, see ya in January
  • 9.0 gigs. It's taking my PS4 25 mins to download. I will be in an xwing very soon.
  • Another 2 hours for Xbox :cry:
  • Yeah I checked my Xbox and its not avail yet. But my PS4 is downloading now.
  • PS4

UK - download started at 11:00am GMT December 6th 2016

Download size 9.010 GB

Approximately 5-6 hours at current speed

Have fun out there.
  • My download has been finished for awhile now. Servers are still down. On PS4.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Have fun my dudes. Won't be able to play till later :(
  • Update is Live for Xbox (geddit?). ~8.88gb

It begins...
    Yeah, Australia and the USA have some of the worst download speeds. I'm guessing that JigglybeanTV, if that individual lives in the USA, maybe live near a big city, next to a hub for that kind of speed (which would be around ~80 mb/s [megaBITS per second], which is about about 10 MB/s [megaBYTES per second]). That's pales in comparison to some speeds they can achieve in Brazil, where the richer folks can get speed anywhere from 1-6 GB/s. (Holy ****!)

Where do you live, and what speeds do you get? I get 15Mb down and 0.8Mb up, and that is very good speeds for Australia

Nice, I'm lucky to get 5mb down and 0.2 up haha, but I'm in rural W.A.

Also my PS4 says the update is 26 freaking gigabytes. I only get 50gb a month as there's no phone lines where I live and have to rely on wireless dongles. D:
  • I've downloaded the pack on PS4. But servers are down so I can't play. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • Download has started for xbox
  • Bartlet wrote: »
    I've downloaded the pack on PS4. But servers are down so I can't play. Does anyone else have this problem?

Seems to be pretty common from what I can tell by others on the forum. Again, if you want to try out the DLC heroes in skirmish you can follow these steps to make sure you have proper access to the content: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/60672/playing-with-dlc-heroes-offline-solved