criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

HEROS VS VILLAINS IS DESTROYED

Lucas397
23 posts Member
edited December 2016
I'm sure I'm not the only one a little disappointed with the new dlc. I'm most disappointed with the change in rounds in heros vs villains . It's probably the most pointless thing I've seen DICE change thus far. The game mode is pointless now, you don't even get half of the experience as before and not to mention it just isn't the same fun game mode as it used to be. It has to go back to 5 rounds!!!! It's ridiculous, WHY CHANGE A GOOD THING but don't change Landos ability to 2 shot a hero? Why not do something good like 4 Vs 4 like in Outer Rim. Feel free to comment YES to change the game mode back to the normal number of rounds.

Replies

  • take a coffee
    Star Wars Battlefront
  • go troll on some more comments. Loser
  • Sumptiz wrote: »
    take a coffee

    A happy Sumpitz.
  • Vaders force choke doesn't respond everytime
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    99% of us agree that what makes HvV is the 5 round limit. Now we have a demo of it, merged with double loading times.

    #MakeHvVGreatAgain
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Nah they really did wreck a very popular and good mode. No doubt about it.
  • Sumptiz wrote: »
    take a coffee

    No idea what this means......but it still puts me at level 3 LULZ
  • After playing HvV finally, this addition is awful
  • But krennic and jyn are both amazing
  • Anoh wrote: »
    99% of us agree that what makes HvV is the 5 round limit. Now we have a demo of it, merged with double loading times.

    #MakeHvVGreatAgain

    Seriously though. They did this in OR and we all hated it, so they changed it back. Now they've gone and done it to vanilla HvV? Why? It's not even in any on the last 3 DLC playlists!
  • I like the new format....for someone that doesn't enjoy HvV it's tolerable.
  • Pi55 off op
    Drama queen
  • #MakeHvVGreatAgain
  • Lucas397 wrote: »
    #MakeHvVGreatAgain

  • Seriously, what were they thinking? I barely have a chance to play heroes since I join in progress and it's on the final round, not to mention that my team always plays horribly the next game.
    A thousand generations live in you now, but this is your fight.
    mbetxwnmm1qiioixt6xy.gif
  • Lucas397 wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm not the only one a little disappointed with the new dlc. I'm most disappointed with the change in rounds in heros vs villains . It's probably the most pointless thing I've seen DICE change thus far. The game mode is pointless now, you don't even get half of the experience as before and not to mention it just isn't the same fun game mode as it used to be. It has to go back to 5 rounds!!!! It's ridiculous, WHY CHANGE A GOOD THING but don't change Landos ability to 2 shot a hero? Why not do something good like 4 Vs 4 like in Outer Rim. Feel free to comment YES to change the game mode back to the normal number of rounds.

    I made a post about this. They removed it after a few hours even though it didn't go against guidelines.
  • GuessWho
    1010 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Sumptiz wrote: »
    take a coffee

    Can't stop laughing at this
    EDIT: also this
    Sumptiz wrote: »
    take a coffee

    No idea what this means......but it still puts me at level 3 LULZ

    Add 2551 to my post count
    ru0TXZb.gif
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Sumptiz wrote: »
    take a coffee

    LOL <3
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • The reason they changed it was because we're going multiple games as the same team, now each map is played twice with players playing as both teams. Also 5-round games could go on for nearly half an hour, so personally I'm ok with only three rounds

  • Sumptiz wrote: »
    take a coffee

    :lol:
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • As someone that only plays HvV I can say that some of the best games go on for long. Longest game I pkayed was almost an hour. Nobody quit, we strategised and bashed the crap out of each other,multiple draws abe we ended 5-4. But we all enjoyed that!
    Now half the players are quitting after the side swop. So if the empire rolls you you cant even have revenge as the guys have quit when they become rebels.balancing aside in first to 5 wins you can always make that comeback.
  • As someone that only plays HvV I can say that some of the best games go on for long. Longest game I pkayed was almost an hour. Nobody quit, we strategised and bashed the **** out of each other,multiple draws abe we ended 5-4. But we all enjoyed that!
    Now half the players are quitting after the side swop. So if the empire rolls you you cant even have revenge as the guys have quit when they become rebels.balancing aside in first to 5 wins you can always make that comeback.

    I agree 100% . The longer matches were the MOST memorable and most intense. Especially making comebacks from being down 0-4. I'm going to miss that.Please change it back. #MakeHvVGreatAgain
  • I came back to the forums to say the same thing!!!

    It wasn't bad enough we HvV players got shafted over and over again on the DLC, they had to screw up on the vanilla modes, too!!!

    PLEASE FIX OUR FAVORITE MODE.

    5v5 is more intense and promotes team play. Now we are left with brief rounds of rage quitting and loading.
  • HDeputyDawg
    895 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    It's fine. I'd rather have this than play 20 matches in a row without using the rebels. The RNG was horrible. Honestly, I thought it was ruined before the update.
  • Losing the 5 rounds is so dumb. You would think EA would have firgured it out after the first time they did that with Outer Rim, but nope.
  • Wouldn't be so bad if the load screens weren't as long as the match!
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    And obviously you don't switch sides in Outer Rim HvV. Fantastic.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • C'mon! :)

    1c1174a4_o.png
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »
    And obviously you don't switch sides in Outer Rim HvV. Fantastic.

    I played outer rim HvV and we switched sides after 3 rounds.
  • Oreo wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    And obviously you don't switch sides in Outer Rim HvV. Fantastic.

    I played outer rim HvV and we switched sides after 3 rounds.

    For me it seems to stick to a 2 times as each faction system. I would rather they slap it back how it was. It's been this way for a year, so why change it now?
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    And obviously you don't switch sides in Outer Rim HvV. Fantastic.

    I played outer rim HvV and we switched sides after 3 rounds.

    For me it seems to stick to a 2 times as each faction system. I would rather they slap it back how it was. It's been this way for a year, so why change it now?

    It seriously sucks... So much hype for this update then they ruin my favorite mode. Ugh lol. Make Outer Rim HvV three rounds not vanilla! I don't even want to play HvV right now it's absolutely horrible.
  • As someone that only plays HvV I can say that some of the best games go on for long. Longest game I pkayed was almost an hour. Nobody quit, we strategised and bashed the **** out of each other,multiple draws abe we ended 5-4. But we all enjoyed that!
    Now half the players are quitting after the side swop. So if the empire rolls you you cant even have revenge as the guys have quit when they become rebels.balancing aside in first to 5 wins you can always make that comeback.

    This!
  • Oreo wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    And obviously you don't switch sides in Outer Rim HvV. Fantastic.

    I played outer rim HvV and we switched sides after 3 rounds.

    For me it seems to stick to a 2 times as each faction system. I would rather they slap it back how it was. It's been this way for a year, so why change it now?

    It seriously sucks... So much hype for this update then they ruin my favorite mode. Ugh lol. Make Outer Rim HvV three rounds not vanilla! I don't even want to play HvV right now it's absolutely horrible.

    Every dlc was hyped up, and every dlc disapointed in some way. To me, this dlc just seems like it was thrown together at the last minute. I'm sure it wasn't, but that's just how it feels to me. It almost seems like they have gotton less interested the longer the game went on. Anyone who says the 3 maps are individual is an EA fan boy. "But one map has more sand, and another has more trees". Give me a break!
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    And obviously you don't switch sides in Outer Rim HvV. Fantastic.

    I played outer rim HvV and we switched sides after 3 rounds.

    For me it seems to stick to a 2 times as each faction system. I would rather they slap it back how it was. It's been this way for a year, so why change it now?

    It seriously sucks... So much hype for this update then they ruin my favorite mode. Ugh lol. Make Outer Rim HvV three rounds not vanilla! I don't even want to play HvV right now it's absolutely horrible.

    Every dlc was hyped up, and every dlc disapointed in some way. To me, this dlc just seems like it was thrown together at the last minute. I'm sure it wasn't, but that's just how it feels to me. It almost seems like they have gotton less interested the longer the game went on. Anyone who says the 3 maps are individual is an EA fan boy. "But one map has more sand, and another has more trees". Give me a break!

    I'm greatly disappointed. Regarding the DLC though, I like it it's kinda cool. I like the weapons and such. Sonic imploder is weird tho lol. Just this change to HvV was something like 3 people asked for and they got their wish. It's so frustrating to see the minority of the community getting what they want. These people who asked for this probably don't even play it all the time!
  • Oreo wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    And obviously you don't switch sides in Outer Rim HvV. Fantastic.

    I played outer rim HvV and we switched sides after 3 rounds.

    For me it seems to stick to a 2 times as each faction system. I would rather they slap it back how it was. It's been this way for a year, so why change it now?

    It seriously sucks... So much hype for this update then they ruin my favorite mode. Ugh lol. Make Outer Rim HvV three rounds not vanilla! I don't even want to play HvV right now it's absolutely horrible.

    Every dlc was hyped up, and every dlc disapointed in some way. To me, this dlc just seems like it was thrown together at the last minute. I'm sure it wasn't, but that's just how it feels to me. It almost seems like they have gotton less interested the longer the game went on. Anyone who says the 3 maps are individual is an EA fan boy. "But one map has more sand, and another has more trees". Give me a break!
    Just this change to HvV was something like 3 people asked for and they got their wish. It's so frustrating to see the minority of the community getting what they want. These people who asked for this probably don't even play it all the time!

    Depends on who the 3 people were. 3 children of the developers would have more influence on what's changed than a thousand of us.
  • Oreo
    736 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Oreo wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    And obviously you don't switch sides in Outer Rim HvV. Fantastic.

    I played outer rim HvV and we switched sides after 3 rounds.

    For me it seems to stick to a 2 times as each faction system. I would rather they slap it back how it was. It's been this way for a year, so why change it now?

    It seriously sucks... So much hype for this update then they ruin my favorite mode. Ugh lol. Make Outer Rim HvV three rounds not vanilla! I don't even want to play HvV right now it's absolutely horrible.

    Every dlc was hyped up, and every dlc disapointed in some way. To me, this dlc just seems like it was thrown together at the last minute. I'm sure it wasn't, but that's just how it feels to me. It almost seems like they have gotton less interested the longer the game went on. Anyone who says the 3 maps are individual is an EA fan boy. "But one map has more sand, and another has more trees". Give me a break!
    Just this change to HvV was something like 3 people asked for and they got their wish. It's so frustrating to see the minority of the community getting what they want. These people who asked for this probably don't even play it all the time!

    Depends on who the 3 people were. 3 children of the developers would have more influence on what's changed than a thousand of us.

    Lol so true. They need to change it back immediately, so frustrating.
  • I think it makes matches way too short. There is more time spent between games than in the games themselves
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Got my Krennic kills for the Hutt contract last night, not touching HvV until this garbage scoring system is changed back. It goes way too fast, it is not the great mode it was before.

    Hey a popular mode that no one's complaining about, let's break it. -Dice Logic
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • j_novs wrote: »
    I like the new format....for someone that doesn't enjoy HvV it's tolerable.

    Why are you playing HvV if you don't like it?

    Personally I agree with what others have said, the change is bad and it should be switched back to 5 rounds again. Some of the best games in HvV were the 30+ minutes long ones where both teams were evenly matched and we end with a score of 4 to 5 and a few draws.

    With the 3 round system you can be done in less than 5 minutes, with most players only getting to play a hero once. On top of that the loading times in this game are so excessively long that I spend almost as much time loading maps as I do playing on them. Not sure why they thought this was a good idea.
  • FlukeDwinwalker
    962 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Relax dude. They already have acknowledged people's complaints and are going to fix it, plus Lando.

    People really don't use the search function do they?....
  • Relax dude. They already have acknowledged people's complaints and are going to fix it, plus Lando.

    People really don't use the search function do they?....

    It's been my experience on these forums, that even if you explain something in depth. Someone will still ask the same question a couple of posts later. If people can't be bothered to read anything other than the last post. The chances of them using a search, are 1000/1.
  • Go play Supremacy instead or meantime. This mode is not broken and the only one with a little bit depth. We always need new players there ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • They're fixing this and the Lando issue in the next week or so. HvV will revert back to how it was pre-patch
  • FettForMVP wrote: »
    They're fixing this and the Lando issue in the next week or so. HvV will revert back to how it was pre-patch
    They better should save their time if they revert their work over and over again. If they would communicate with the community they had could saved this step XD
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Febelas wrote: »
    j_novs wrote: »
    I like the new format....for someone that doesn't enjoy HvV it's tolerable.

    Why are you playing HvV if you don't like it?

    Personally I agree with what others have said, the change is bad and it should be switched back to 5 rounds again. Some of the best games in HvV were the 30+ minutes long ones where both teams were evenly matched and we end with a score of 4 to 5 and a few draws.

    With the 3 round system you can be done in less than 5 minutes, with most players only getting to play a hero once. On top of that the loading times in this game are so excessively long that I spend almost as much time loading maps as I do playing on them. Not sure why they thought this was a good idea.

    this is what I have stated in many other threads about HvV.

    As an OR player, I don't want 5 rounds of HvV I prefer the small quicker matches so I can get back to the fun (for me).

    So my suggestion is to make OR 3 rounds & Vanilla HvV back to 5 rounds.

    I've actually never player HvV Vanillas so I couldn't care less how many rounds are in that game mode, just don't eff up my OR fun.

    win win.
  • 3 rounds for h vs v - totally mad. fix what is broken!
Sign In or Register to comment.