criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

This new diorama piece is going to take forever

Replies

• IcedFreon wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    Large.png
    The new Hutt contracts and diorama objectives are a joke! It's EA and DICE's way to get us to play the game longer than needed. They probably did this to keep people playing this game up until the release of Battlefront 2. My diorama is near completed and it will stay that way because I'm not going to waste my time with this game after reaching Rank 100. I already have the Platinum trophy, so why go any further?! When I look at the diorama, the Stormtrooper voice inside my head says, "Nothing to see here, move along!"

You don't have the platinum if you haven't reached level 100. Unless playstation doesn't require the dlc for a completion.

The DLC trophies are separate!

Thats a good system for players who like completions then. On xbox, your profile automatically adds dlc achievements to your list. So people who like to 100% their games have to buy the dlc to do it. Pretty crafty move from microsoft there. I wasn't sure if a platinum trophy was locked again until the dlc trophies were earned.

The platinum is part of the main game only. It was done that way for those who might not ever purchase any of the DLC.

Yet another reason why playstation is better than xbox!

May I ask why? I always thought XBox was the preferred console for gaming? And better graphics.

You want the list?
    Xbox party system seems to have something wrong with it every week. The dashboard is slow to respond. Finding things on the dashboard is overly complicated, looks messy and just an all round ugly experience. Xbox uses the cloud, so you have to sync data sometimes before you can even load a game. The cloud also makes bringing up achievements, friend list and other stuff a real laggy task. The graphics are actually better on ps4 vs orginal xbox one. And the ps4 seems to have a better picture on the blue ray player.
    I had a ps4 for a few months and loved it. It was such a smooth running console. Everything was quick and simple to use. But all my gaming friends are on xbox, so i had to stick with that or play on my own. The ONLY thing better on xbox, is the pads. My xbox elite controller is like a pad version of a supermodel wife.
    Next year i WILL be leaving xbox and buying the playstation neo. (Or whatever they end up caling it)

Uh its already out as of last month and it's called PS4 Pro

No, thats the playstation version of the xbox one S. I'm talking about playstations competion to the xbox scorpio. Rumoured to be calling the playstation neo.

Lol that's the pro.......there isn't another PlayStation coming.

I'm not sure if your responce is meaning to sound rude. But you might want to do some research. Playstation WILL release a scorpio competitor.

Yea ts already out.....it's called PRO.
    Don't need research since I know what I'm talking about. Figured everyone into gaming knew this already.

Think what you will. The ps4 pro is the S equivalent. Talk to me this time next year. Sony will respond to the launch of the scorpio.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Large.png
    The new Hutt contracts and diorama objectives are a joke! It's EA and DICE's way to get us to play the game longer than needed. They probably did this to keep people playing this game up until the release of Battlefront 2. My diorama is near completed and it will stay that way because I'm not going to waste my time with this game after reaching Rank 100. I already have the Platinum trophy, so why go any further?! When I look at the diorama, the Stormtrooper voice inside my head says, "Nothing to see here, move along!"

You don't have the platinum if you haven't reached level 100. Unless playstation doesn't require the dlc for a completion.

Thats a good system for players who like completions then. On xbox, your profile automatically adds dlc achievements to your list. So people who like to 100% their games have to buy the dlc to do it. Pretty crafty move from microsoft there. I wasn't sure if a platinum trophy was locked again until the dlc trophies were earned.

The platinum is part of the main game only. It was done that way for those who might not ever purchase any of the DLC.

May I ask why? I always thought XBox was the preferred console for gaming? And better graphics.

You want the list?
    Xbox party system seems to have something wrong with it every week. The dashboard is slow to respond. Finding things on the dashboard is overly complicated, looks messy and just an all round ugly experience. Xbox uses the cloud, so you have to sync data sometimes before you can even load a game. The cloud also makes bringing up achievements, friend list and other stuff a real laggy task. The graphics are actually better on ps4 vs orginal xbox one. And the ps4 seems to have a better picture on the blue ray player.
    I had a ps4 for a few months and loved it. It was such a smooth running console. Everything was quick and simple to use. But all my gaming friends are on xbox, so i had to stick with that or play on my own. The ONLY thing better on xbox, is the pads. My xbox elite controller is like a pad version of a supermodel wife.
    Next year i WILL be leaving xbox and buying the playstation neo. (Or whatever they end up caling it)

No, thats the playstation version of the xbox one S. I'm talking about playstations competion to the xbox scorpio. Rumoured to be calling the playstation neo.

I'm not sure if your responce is meaning to sound rude. But you might want to do some research. Playstation WILL release a scorpio competitor.

Don't need research since I know what I'm talking about. Figured everyone into gaming knew this already.

Think what you will. The ps4 pro is the S equivalent. Talk to me this time next year. Sony will respond to the launch of the scorpio.

Lol the S equivalent is the Slim. Do you have a problem being wrong or something?
    PS4. Xbox One - standard version
    PS4 Slim, Xbox One S - smaller for factor in both
    PS4 Pro, Scorpio - super powered version
    Not sure where you're getting this magical system from but it's not coming.
  • So yeah, this piece is gonna take a while, lol
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Large.png

You want the list?

Lol the S equivalent is the Slim. Do you have a problem being wrong or something?

I can see you're one of these people who doesn't understand how business works. The Pro is just an upgraded PS4. I dont know where you get your ps4 slim is the S equivalent. The S has upgraded internal specs. The slim is just a smaller console with a new external design. The scropio is a whole diffrent animal. The scorpio is almost 50% more powerful than the pro. For sony not to respond with something to compete, would be like having a Lumia 3310 compete against an iphone 7.
    You seem to think I'm just arguing for the sake of it. But i know how buisness works. Sony will not allow microsoft to steal customers with a superior machine. If i am wrong i will eat my hat. But you seem unwilling to even think of the idea of a playstation equal. I suggest we pick up where we left off, this time next year.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    Large.png

You want the list?

I can see you're one of these people who doesn't understand how business works. The Pro is just an upgraded PS4. I dont know where you get your ps4 slim is the S equivalent. The S has upgraded internal specs. The slim is just a smaller console with a new external design. The scropio is a whole diffrent animal. The scorpio is almost 50% more powerful than the pro. For sony not to respond with something to compete, would be like having a Lumia 3310 compete against an iphone 7.
    You seem to think I'm just arguing for the sake of it. But i know how buisness works. Sony will not allow microsoft to steal customers with a superior machine. If i am wrong i will eat my hat. But you seem unwilling to even think of the idea of a playstation equal. I suggest we pick up where we left off, this time next year.

There's not gonna be another PlayStation 4. You said you're gonna get the neo next year. The neo is out now it's called the pro. If Sony makes another console uh yea it'll be the ps5 or whatever they choose to call it. My point was you said you're gonna wait until next year to get a console thats already out now.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Who cares really? They'll just play at higher resolutions. Doesn't mean they will be better for games than the old consoles. Resolution means nothing unless you are a graphics ****.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Large.png

You want the list?

There's not gonna be another PlayStation 4. You said you're gonna get the neo next year. The neo is out now it's called the pro. If Sony makes another console uh yea it'll be the ps5 or whatever they choose to call it. My point was you said you're gonna wait until next year to get a console thats already out now.

You were trying to belittle me. Nothing more nothing less. Sure i got the name of the console wrong. But if you read my post before trying to act superior. Then you would have seen i added "or whatever they end up calling it".
    You don't think Sony will make a direct competitior for the scorpio? Fine, but you will look pretty silly at E3 if they announce one. Just like you look silly by saying the slim is the S equivalent.
    Either way, I'm about done with the argument.
  • Stop console war.
    Anyway i hate this piece of diorama. I am at 25/50 but i can't get more because of that stupid trick of going up...
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Stop console war.
    Anyway i hate this piece of diorama. I am at 25/50 but i can't get more because of that **** trick of going up...

I haven't had a lot of time to play, so I'm only at 5/50. Fortunately, it doesn't seem like anyone I've played has discovered the trick, so I'm hoping to get on tonight and get as many kills as I can before they discover it.
  • Im only at 18/50. Will grind it out.
  • Yeah im at 24, but that trick just kills it. I just out if im a rebel and dont start in space. I also noticed if u play at imp and then go to the rebel for infiltratiom ur one of the first to be a uwing. So if iget started at 3rd stay imp ill stay on.
  • I don't believe it, once i get the u-wing, an other guy had it and the reached the shield -_-
    I did only 1 kill...
    BTW now in total i am at 32
  • Got it!! 50/50!! Diorama complete! :)
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Me too. 50/50 baby, yeah! Good to play later at night and when your teams player count is lower than enemies. Multiple turns means more profit. The only thing that bugs me about the diorama is lack of burning thrusters, like with the rest of the dioramas and no pilot. Needs the blue combustion thrusters like on the dlc maps.
  • Got it tonight too. Had 10 in one round. 6 reb vs 16 imps. Got like 4 turns at it.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Only up to 7/50. It just takes so long to get back to Infiltration of the Rebels. It really sucks that progress toward this can only be made on ONE phase, of ONE mode, on ONE side, and even then it's not a guarantee that you'll get to be a U-wing. Generally I can only manage 1 kill before getting shot down, and that's even if I get a shot to pilot one.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Thats why you have to select Blast first and after that hope the upcoming Infiltration is on the rebels side. It can be either or, regardless of your current side. Reason to choose Blast first is you are guaranteed to be playing Infiltration from the start. When you do play it and you get your kills, you can then quit after stage 1 ends and repeat. Its a real gamble and pretty annoying when you dont get to be rebels after Blast for like 3 times in a row. A price one has to pay.
  • I just hit inf. I stayed if instarted as rebels in phase one or imps in phase 3. I realized the people from the past game (imps in inf) get first crack at the uwings so sometimes i did it twice in a round.

If i didnt start in either situation i just popped out and tried again.

Also its true late at night less players more turns as uwing. I got 4 times in one round and 10 kills.

Its really not that long as it is annoying i mean did it in 4 days. Its still not worse than 10 hero hunt kills, or doing all the single player requirements to complete the diorama
  • Hero hunt wins*
  • Jura50
    163 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    3/50 after 19 rounds of Infiltration..... I have been chosen like 3 times.... GJ Dice... and if i do i got killed within 5 s through shield and jammer :D :D
    As gunner, once time i got over 30 killes within 1 minute... It should be definitely kills not vehicles...
  • U-Wing - Destroy 50 vehicles as a U-Wing: Really? You really want us to purposely not play the objective in Phase 1 of Infiltration so we can get a diorama piece? Also, considering how rare a chance it seems to be to get to play as the U-Wing (10 matches so far and haven't been selected once), you want us to waste this rare opportunity for a diorama piece?
    How about making it, "Play as the U-Wing 25 times"? This seems far more achievable, even if the chances of getting selected seems really low. Also, the U-Wing pick-up could count towards this as well.

I gave up trying for dioramas after the Hero Hunt requirement. I admittedly am not good enough with heroes to win enough Hero Hunt games and I would rather have fun playing some other mode than continually trying and getting frustrated. I wish you luck though.
  • To me after getting the master of survival mode, the battle mode less than 40 points. After all the 1 player everything else seems worth it.

My reall issue is the blast master. I totally gave up on that achievement
  • Agreed - this does take some grinding but it is possible. Vid below if you want to see what it looks like:

• TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Got my final Krennic diorama completed yesterday. Wasn't easy at all either especially when ties are made of paper. Had to use shark tactics, fly low under everyone and then strike the Uwings from below, avoiding alot of tailing by the pestilent X wings. Waiting for turns as Imps was an even bigger pain...Now I have them all and it feels like I've conquered everest lol.
  • EON
    31 posts Member
    Interesting. Thanks
  • Got my final Krennic diorama completed yesterday. Wasn't easy at all either especially when ties are made of paper. Had to use shark tactics, fly low under everyone and then strike the Uwings from below, avoiding alot of tailing by the pestilent X wings. Waiting for turns as Imps was an even bigger pain...Now I have them all and it feels like I've conquered everest lol.

I got 7 Uwings in one round yesterday to complete the Krennic piece. Our team won in the flying phase (full teams on both sides) - 1st time I've seen that happen.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Wow good job! I got 4 down max in a round. We've denied them victory a few times yesterday. Doesn't happen often but 1/10 times it does.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Finally got the U-wing piece! Took 12+ hours of nothing but doing Scarif, trying to sabotage the rebels during the flying phase, and then head-hunting as a U-wing. Now, for the first time since I saw the new diorama pieces, I can actually play the objective on the rebel phase. Diorama is now completely filled out, I've completed all the challenges, and now I only have two accomplishments left to achieve: Blast Master and Droid Defender Streak. Not too worried about Droid Defender, I just haven't played Droid Run that much, but it's gonna be rough to get Blast Master.
  • Nice, congrats. Krennic and U wing are a pain to do.
  • Ive gotten 36, 38, 42 on blast. I keep hearing they are going to raise that number, but so far no.

I find dune sea the best chance for it. Get up on the transport with pulse cannon. I had a 9:1 k/d and the other team scored 38.

But yeah its the only thing i need besides rank 100. All the trophies too. It sucks how impossible it is. I dont think accomplishments should be tied to team results too.
  • Darran_1927
    82 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    i'm on 13/25 for krennic but uwing only 4/50 uwing, it is a pain as its completly random and it involves not playing the objective so , I'm willing the imps to kill teamates in the uwing so I can maybe have a go as soon as I see a player doing the ceiling trick for Uwing I know I'm not going to get a go , so frustrating they shoulld maybe add the uwing as a hero pickup or something in Fighter Squadron
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    I wonder if the trick you guys refer to doesn't exist on PC. Like I said earlier I've played 10+ hours on Scarif and I haven't once seen any U-wing pull off a trick that gives them free access to the space gate. And with how many PC players use exploits and all the people just want to get through that phase, I'm sure I'd have seen it at least once.
    Drewdamato wrote: »
    Ive gotten 36, 38, 42 on blast. I keep hearing they are going to raise that number, but so far no.

I find dune sea the best chance for it. Get up on the transport with pulse cannon. I had a 9:1 k/d and the other team scored 38.

But yeah its the only thing i need besides rank 100. All the trophies too. It sucks how impossible it is. I dont think accomplishments should be tied to team results too.

I wish they'd up the requirement to 50 or something. It's still very difficult to do, but it's not entirely luck-based anymore.
  • Just played few games and wasn't picked once for Uwing it's really annoying tha it's pure luck if you get picked or not , hope they do a tweek on the Uwings as you can only go the Uwing in 1 game mode on 1 side and in 1 stage and you have to not play the objective to get the kills required for the diorama , need the Uwing in FS or make the Uwing gunnar count as kills on the other stages
  • I just kept jumping in and out of infiltration if it didnt start as rebel phase 1. Also there is a system for u wings not random. The guys who played in the group before, as imps for infiltration, get first dibs on uwing. So if i ended up phase 3 as imp i would also play it out.
  • Playing late at night is alot better. Fewer players means more kills and less threat.
  • GETaPAIR wrote: »
    U-Wing - Destroy 50 vehicles as a U-Wing: Really? You really want us to purposely not play the objective in Phase 1 of Infiltration so we can get a diorama piece? Also, considering how rare a chance it seems to be to get to play as the U-Wing (10 matches so far and haven't been selected once), you want us to waste this rare opportunity for a diorama piece?
    How about making it, "Play as the U-Wing 25 times"? This seems far more achievable, even if the chances of getting selected seems really low. Also, the U-Wing pick-up could count towards this as well.

I gave up trying for dioramas after the Hero Hunt requirement. I admittedly am not good enough with heroes to win enough Hero Hunt games and I would rather have fun playing some other mode than continually trying and getting frustrated. I wish you luck though.

I can relate and feel the same.
  • It is stuff like this as to why game companies need people like us to come in and be like "No, no don't even think about it, oh hell no. Are you just making it up as you go?"

but seriously. the U wings objective is to get to the objective before time runs out. I never got a kill in it and when I did try I nearly popped a blood vessel. the turn is just too slow, you have every tie fighter on your tail and the RoF and damage are a joke. if it was at most a 1 or 2 hit kill sure but 5+ hits to kill is insane. I only have 1 kill but I will not try anymore. they only way I got that was because of the Ywing I picked up. that's it. In the beginning I might of had more luck but now that everyone is accustom to the game mode now you can't even get close.

And again, the idea of required kills when you are suppose to be playing the objective is what bothers me the most about this objective. lost 3 games because my teammates all they did was do this instead of going for the objective. IDK who's brilliant I idea this was but it needs to be changed. I mean **** I am closer to the one for 25 U wing kills then I am for 50 vehicle kills in a Uwing. Where is the logic in that? At most I might of said 10 kills in U wing. pretty much all the objectives for the new DLC are ridiculous, impact grenade kills, sonic impulse grenade kills, etc they are a complete frustrating grind for anyone that tries for it.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    It is stuff like this as to why game companies need people like us to come in and be like "No, no don't even think about it, oh **** no. Are you just making it up as you go?"

but seriously. the U wings objective is to get to the objective before time runs out. I never got a kill in it and when I did try I nearly popped a blood vessel. the turn is just too slow, you have every tie fighter on your tail and the RoF and damage are a joke. if it was at most a 1 or 2 hit kill sure but 5+ hits to kill is insane. I only have 1 kill but I will not try anymore. they only way I got that was because of the Ywing I picked up. that's it. In the beginning I might of had more luck but now that everyone is accustom to the game mode now you can't even get close.

And again, the idea of required kills when you are suppose to be playing the objective is what bothers me the most about this objective. lost 3 games because my teammates all they did was do this instead of going for the objective. IDK who's brilliant I idea this was but it needs to be changed. I mean **** I am closer to the one for 25 U wing kills then I am for 50 vehicle kills in a Uwing. Where is the logic in that? At most I might of said 10 kills in U wing. pretty much all the objectives for the new DLC are ridiculous, impact grenade kills, sonic impulse grenade kills, etc they are a complete frustrating grind for anyone that tries for it.

^This!
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    It is stuff like this as to why game companies need people like us to come in and be like "No, no don't even think about it, oh **** no. Are you just making it up as you go?"

I was raging like you but then learned to slow down and target them when they're coming at you from 12 o'clock. When you slow down you can easily nail one or 2 because you aim better and have more firepower. Then you can boost speed and ram 2 more at a time if there's a cluster of them following. Ramming is good when they're about to pass and start tailing you.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

And again, the idea of required kills when you are suppose to be playing the objective is what bothers me the most about this objective. lost 3 games because my teammates all they did was do this instead of going fo r the objective. IDK who's brilliant I idea this was but it needs to be changed. I mean **** I am closer to the one for 25 U wing kills then I am for 50 vehicle kills in a Uwing. Where is the logic in that? At most I might of said 10 kills in U wing. pretty much all the objectives for the new DLC are ridiculous, impact grenade kills, sonic impulse grenade kills, etc they are a complete frustrating grind for anyone that tries for it.
    Agree needs to be changed the kill 25 Uwings is annoying but not so bad as it's objective based but the 50 kills as Uwings is ridiculous the only way to get it is hope you get picked for the Uwing and then don't plat the objective so you can go and get the kills, needs changing

• rockethead7
    75 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    It's pretty clear that EA/DICE decided to make it really tough to get the "final" (we assume) diorama pieces and Hutt contracts. My blood pressure about this has decreased greatly since I now have all Hutt contracts completed, and 3 out of the 4 final diorama pieces done. Now I just need 25 more kills while playing as a U-wing... tall order... it's pretty difficult to even get into a game of Infiltration... let alone on the Rebel team... let alone close enough to the beginning to play in space... let alone get selected as a U-wing... let alone rack up kills. Very tall order. But, like many others have mentioned, my main beef with this diorama / Hutt contract fulfillment is that it promotes the idea for NOT playing the objective. Personally, I feel that others are counting on me to try to get the objective, so I definitely don't just fly around trying to rack up kills while ignoring the objective. I try to balance the effort. But, given the number of teammates who simply ignore the objective and just play for their kills, yeah, my blood pressure goes right back up. EA/DICE, don't make your objectives for the side-items in so much conflict with the objectives for the game mode. Seriously. Nobody wants this. Nobody.
  • This is a ****' joke!!! 20 rounds of Infiltration only got chosen twice... this is pure luck, no skills involved to get this diorama piece... I'm done with this ****...
  • bfloo
    14543 posts Member
    I figure I'll get it eventually...

I gave up on the 9 more wins I need in HH...
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Muljo
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Finally! I was 49/50 then it took 7 hours to finally get the uwing again. 7 hours!!!! 7 HOURS!!! I absolutely hate all the people using the glitch. Made it practically impossible to finish this. Excuse me while I ice my thumb...
  • Wow. 20/50 for me so far will get there eventually. I have played 59 games of Infiltration.
  • OK, let's try some approximate numbers to calculate how many attempts it will take to get the U-wing diorama piece:

90% odds that when you attempt to start Infiltration it actually does so, and doesn't start a different mode instead.

40% odds that you'll enter the match in space instead of on the surface already.

50% odds of playing on the Rebel side.

50% odds that you'll be in a match where the first couple of U-wings play honestly and don't exploit the glitch.

50% odds that you'll start early enough in space to get a chance to play as a U-wing.

So, your odds of playing as a U-wing are approximately: 0.9 x 0.4 x 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.5 = About 5% odds of playing a U-wing per attempt.

That's about 1 in 20 attempts at playing Infiltration will result in flying a U-wing. I've been averaging about 4 kills per U-wing flight. (Sometimes none, sometimes six, never know, it depends on how many targets are out there and stuff.) So, it'll take about 13 flights as a U-wing to make 50 kills. So, 13x20 = about 260 attempts at playing Infiltration to get the U-wing diorama piece.
  • Muljo
    107 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Lol that sounds about right rocket. According to my stats I "only" played 54 matches before earning 50 kills. It definitely felt much longer than that

To everyone else this going after this I think the previous posters are right in that the imperials who completed the last round of infiltration have a much better chance of being picked to become a u-wing. So playing through the entire playlist would be a quicker method than backing out again and again to find the perfect first match.
  • Yes rocket good probability maths, and your on the money. I've 8 kills with 33 games. At that rate that'll put me well over 200 games of Infiltration.
  • Got one major advice for the 50 U-Wing kills and how you can be the FIRST to spawn as U-Wing everytime! The selection to get an U-Wing is not random! Its just simple, the order is who spawns first, gets it first! The first screens counts (StarCard selection etc), dont change anything just spawn as fast as you can. :D

• Do ram kills not count anymore? I got 2 last night but they weren't added to the diorama count