criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Does the forum need more moderators?

I've been a member of a number of forums for a few years now and one thing they always have is active moderators. Mods are active and constantly keep the peace to keep the forum a nice place to visit.

I've noticed over the 10 months I've been a member of this forum that it seems to suffer a lack of moderators.

Jaywal does an awesome job but obviously he/she doesn't live his or her life on here.

My question is should the forum have more moderators to help keep the peace and be active around the clock?

As well as the snarky replies I'll receive I'd be interested to know what other forum members think

Best wishes and Happy Christmas one and all.

Replies

• I wish I had a good snarky reply. :c
    I think it's complete bull shark that @Jaywal is alone, and that the developers aren't present. It's not fair to the players or to him that they aren't here to answer for their mistakes. As a result, I think he gets an unfair amount of flak for being the only 'authority' on these forums. The attitude of "well, I can't **** and moan to the developers, so I'll get at this guy!" is unfair and unwarranted.
    That said, to answer your question, I think the forums could use some more help, but that should be someone at EA who can do something other than reply with "We're working on it™" or "Soon™" or "Our team is looking into it™"
    Play the kriffing objective, or get the kriff out.
  • x3m0b01x wrote: »
    I wish I had a good snarky reply. :c
    I think it's complete bull shark that @Jaywal is alone, and that the developers aren't present. It's not fair to the players or to him that they aren't here to answer for their mistakes. As a result, I think he gets an unfair amount of flak for being the only 'authority' on these forums. The attitude of "well, I can't **** and moan to the developers, so I'll get at this guy!" is unfair and unwarranted.
    That said, to answer your question, I think the forums could use some more help, but that should be someone at EA who can do something other than reply with "We're working on it™" or "Soon™" or "Our team is looking into it™"

That's pretty much the point of my post. It seems to me like @Jaywal is alone in his/her attempt to keep the forums a place you'd like to visit.
  • This thread ironically goes against forum guidelines (discussing moderation) but that's something the BF2 forums can improve on.
    Member of the 501st
  • This thread ironically goes against forum guidelines (discussing moderation) but that's something the BF2 forums can improve on.

I agree and it's probably in the wrong thread but it just amazes me that this forum isn't more actively managed. The moderation on this forum seems a little..passive

• I volunteer to become a moderator. No specific reasons :blush:
    200w.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    I volunteer to become a moderator. No specific reasons :blush:
    200w.gif

I don't personally want to be a mod but I see many posts/threads which require deleting which I know won't be deleted until jaywal pulls his/her finger out :smile:

I 2nd you 2000sGuy
    200w.gif

That's a perfect gif lol im laughing really hard

I agree and it's probably in the wrong thread but it just amazes me that this forum isn't more actively managed. The moderation on this forum seems a little..passive

I'm not passive anymore! I'm awesome! People need to quit calling me Passive, that's a name in the past. Call me AwesomeKillJoy or AKJ for short :angry:
    :)
    Member of the 501st

I'm not passive anymore! I'm awesome! People need to quit calling me Passive, that's a name in the past. Call me AwesomeKillJoy or AKJ for short :angry:
    :)

I've enjoyed reading your threads over the past 10 months and the forum is worse off without people like you and briantd75

200w.gif

I don't personally want to be a mod but I see many posts/threads which require deleting which I know won't be deleted until jaywal pulls his/her finger out :smile:

I 2nd you 2000sGuy
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    200w.gif

Jaywal, take me on as your apprentice :D
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    200w.gif

I 2nd you 2000sGuy
    200w.gif

Jaywal, take me on as your apprentice :D

Joking aside and to highlight my point the forum definitely needs more moderators @Jaywal

• But gummybearking is suchhhhh a good mod!
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    But gummybearking is suchhhhh a good mod!
    NOT

“Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • 2000sGuy
    5855 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Havent seen him or EA_afista in a long time

Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • I've only seen @Jaywal active in months which is why help is needed.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    NOT

+1
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    #BringBrianBack
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    #BringBrianBack

Agree but I'm pretty sure you'd be a guaranteed candidate for moderator, Anoh (pronounced AhNo)
  • Anoh wrote: »
    #BringBrianBack

Agree but I'm pretty sure you'd be a guaranteed candidate for moderator, Anoh (pronounced AhNo)

giphy.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Thanks for the support. However I do have to enforce the guidelines.

"No discussion of moderation."

Therefore I will go ahead and close this thread.

-Jaywal
    P.s. I'll pass this along.
    May the force be with you.
This discussion has been closed.