criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Multiplayer Ghost Town

Haven't played this game since February and the reason I quit was I got sick & tired of waiting in empty lobbies. So here I am back again in December and this absurd empty lobby joke seems to be even worse.

The 4 DLC packs are useless because NONE of them have single player Skirmish modes...............

Don't care if millions of victims buy Battlefront 2........I'm not touching anything made by DICE/EA again!

What a disgraceful way to treat customers!

Replies

• PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I have to admit ive been seeing less players on xbox too. Played the deathstar playlist for a few hours saturday night. Went down to about 5 or 6 on each team quite often. Droid run on vanilla maps seem to be really hard to find matches. Even cargo can have just 3 or 4 per team on occasions. I guess the majority are on Scarif?
  • It took me more than 10 attempts today before I actually saw another player in our ghost town lobbies.
    What's the point of having DLC if some of us can't even play it. :'(
  • What's the point of having DLC

It makes them a HUGE sum of money. What other reason do they need?
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    "Ghost Town", new free map coming? @LordByrney what do we think? Is this a Confirmation™ Confirmed™ scenario?
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    I guess the majority are on Scarif?
    Battlefield more like. I love this game but the more I hear about, and see others jumping across, the more I'm thinking about it.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    I guess the majority are on Scarif?
    Battlefield more like. I love this game but the more I hear about, and see others jumping across, the more I'm thinking about it.

I have it, and i find it just as frustrating. Snipers are EVERYWHERE in battlefield. At least on Battlerfont i can get involved in the objective. Battlefield objective play is just to hardcore for me.
  • ^^ this - Battlefield just released a new map - Shadow of Giants, a snipers heaven...watching a live stream right now and it looks brutal.
  • Haven't played this game since February and the reason I quit was I got sick & tired of waiting in empty lobbies. So here I am back again in December and this absurd empty lobby joke seems to be even worse.

The 4 DLC packs are useless because NONE of them have single player Skirmish modes...............

Don't care if millions of victims buy Battlefront 2........I'm not touching anything made by DICE/EA again!

Not to mention skirmish has been seriously broken since it launched, at least on xbox. Powerups and hero tokens spawn in trees, the ground, etc. so you can't get to them. Certain maps just crash and serious lag. But it's too late now anyways, Dice has moved on to battlefield and battlefront 2. They're not going to fix these issues.
  • JigglybeanTV
    1093 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Haven't played this game since February and the reason I quit was I got sick & tired of waiting in empty lobbies. So here I am back again in December and this absurd empty lobby joke seems to be even worse.

That's just it. Millions didn't buy the game. It SHIPPED millions - which is why the game was heavily discounted at retail due to the negative comments and reviews(not those paid for by EA).

The DLC and Season pass idea was always going to tear a hole in an already tiny player base, which is now more fragmented than ever before. The messy game UI and lack of options to pick how you play your game is a disgrace too.

Then to rub more salt into the wound, the recent 1 year anniversary was a chance to secure more players but EA managed to leave the game broken as they continued to ignore the key game breaking bugs.

That right there tells me it was nothing more than a cash grab to suck in poor unsuspecting fools and welcome them into the world of EA games and how they **** on their players.
  • I'm gonna make a topic about why the game itself is causing people to drop off but dudes its 2016, the game came out a year ago.

This year gamers can choose from Overwatch, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, and even suckey Infinite Warfare w/ the glorious CoD4 remaster.

I have all of them(cept IW).
  • Haven't played this game since February and the reason I quit was I got sick & tired of waiting in empty lobbies. So here I am back again in December and this absurd empty lobby joke seems to be even worse.

Go to your ea settings change servers, from Auto to us West, us East , euro, Asia etc. I'm in Australia if can't find a full game through friends etc I change ea settings. Hope that helps
  • christmas seems to have given this game new life. dunno how long that will last though...
  • christmas seems to have given this game new life. dunno how long that will last though...

Give it till the end of january at best. Its been nice to have some new players. But alot of those will give up in a few weeks at best. Really think it will hard to find games again by the end of february.
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    I played Blast, Walker Assault and Bespin. I no trouble getting into full servers.
  • DO2L
    129 posts Member
    DO2L wrote: »
    I played Blast, Walker Assault and Bespin. I no trouble getting into full servers.

Forgot to mention this was Saturday.
  • I'm not sure what platform you're on or where you are geographically but on ps4 in the US there's no problem finding full lobbies.

If you're picking specific maps withing a mode (Turning Point>Graveyard Of Giants) or specific mode withing a DLC playlist (Bespin>Blast) then you will probably have issues finding a match.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    "Ghost Town", new free map coming? @LordByrney what do we think? Is this a Confirmation™ Confirmed™ scenario?

#ClassicGhostTown

I asked Dennis on Tweeter if they'd add Ghost Town map with playable ghosts and Ghostbusters hero ship and here was his reply:

97NxPO.png

So now we are getting Ghost Town map free to all, even those who don't own Battlefront according to this tweet.
  • Game is dead because of failed matchmaking system. Don't buy from EA. Spend your $$ on a developer that listens to their customers not on EA who take money for a failed product. Theft.
  • each day is less and less players