criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why play sabotage

Why do we even play sabotage? The rebels just destroy 3 and run away. On every sabotage map, they're so many generators in the Empire's spawn point. Just replace them and be done with it, why the fuss? That and they're place is such random place. Who in their right mind generates gas inside of a building lobby, who?

Replies

• NightFury wrote: »
    Who in their right mind generates gas inside of a building lobby, who?

EA/DICE, apparently. ;)

Seriously though, Sabotage is pretty annoying because of the camp fest and the spawn-killing, but it can be fun at times when you get some really good blaster fights
    I'm just an imperial fangirl. | PSN: FathomEnigma1 | "Glory goes only to the Empire."
  • Battle stations>

EA/DICE, apparently. ;)

Seriously though, Sabotage is pretty annoying because of the camp fest and the spawn-killing, but it can be fun at times when you get some really good blaster fights

Dice is screwed up. All because of people who never played the original battlefronts, we lost our chance at a really sweet battlefield reskin. I mean, look how well Battlefield 1 came out the box. All they had to do was make sure there's third person and you get to keep Battlefront's good name alive.

It happens from time to time.
    But if I generate gas inside a building lobby, I usually carry on as if nothing happened and hope nobody notices.
    Onions are the worst though.

But if I generate gas inside a building lobby, I usually carry on as if nothing happened and hope nobody notices.

lshmsfoaidmt
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif

Lol. Well that's one way to do room clearing.

I usually say, "Is there a Dioxis leak around here?!" and move quickly away from the scene.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • "Somebody crack open a blast door!"
    Why do we even play sabotage? The rebels just destroy 3 and run away. On every sabotage map, they're so many generators in the Empire's spawn point. Just replace them and be done with it, why the fuss? That and they're place is such random place. Who in their right mind generates gas inside of a building lobby, who?

It isn't technically a gas generator but instead a generator that creates power from tibanna gas. Also you could be missing a ton of inner workings and instead just be seeing the most important part (say the controls or something)
  • Where's the tibana gas coming from to supply the generator? Not in a building I hope.
  • I've had some good games and some really bad ones, i mean like terrible 1-22 type games :/ , mostly from Lando blasting me at spawn points, i'm only playing sabotage to get the defence bonuses for the EE-4 then i'm done!!
  • MC_XIX
    1553 posts Member
    I do enjoy Sabotage. I think with the exception of Lando, it is is balanced mode in that both sides have an equal chance of winning. Spawn camping is a problem, but the same can be said for Extraction and pretty much any mode.
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    It is a fun mode. Most of the problems, ie spawn killing are due to players, not design.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

Because it's a fantasy world and not meant to reflect total reality? Hope that helps.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    It is a fun mode. Most of the problems, ie spawn killing are due to players, not design.

To be fair, it sort of is design since most of the modes problems (spawn camping and certain points becoming bunkers) are due to poor map design. Carbon freezing chamber is the worst in that regard since you're literally required to spawn camp to take the rebel point.

I do agree that it's a fun game mode though. I just wish they hadn't made it so easy to lock an entire team in their spawn point.

Also, they need to add the pre-match timer back in. It's so disappointing when you spawn into a new map with all three sites moments away from exploding.
  • bfloo
    14546 posts Member
    Febelas wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

To be fair, it sort of is design since most of the modes problems (spawn camping and certain points becoming bunkers) are due to poor map design. Carbon freezing chamber is the worst in that regard since you're literally required to spawn camp to take the rebel point.

I do agree that it's a fun game mode though. I just wish they hadn't made it so easy to lock an entire team in their spawn point.

Also, they need to add the pre-match timer back in. It's so disappointing when you spawn into a new map with all three sites moments away from exploding.

I find DS's design much worse for spawn camping.

While I don't set out to do it, I end up there a lot as Vader moving forward towards the enemy. The one hallway is perfect for Vader to crush rebels and relive the end of Rogue One.

I don't remember ever doing that on Bespin, though it is usually a spawn camping Luke, who I rarely use anyway.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I found myself back in bespin this weekend after a long absence from it, and forgot how much I enjoy Sabotage. I love the intense fighting, and while there is an occasional camping issue, it is not enough to keep me away.
  • it's my favorite mode. i play it first before looking for anything else.
  • Of all the new modes I think I like Sabotage best. It is an interesting middle ground between Blast and things like Turning Point, Supremacy, and Walker Assault. I also just really like the Bespin environments so I've spent a good deal of time since picking up the Season Pass for cheap at Christmas on the Bespin playlist.
  • "Somebody crack open a blast door!"

That's it. I'm adding that emote back on and if anyone throws a dioxis I'm going to be on them .
  • But ugh, the heroes. You either run into a party that has everything figured out and is using all four heroes to capacity or a bunch of players who have no coordination and no idea what they're doing and it becomes a long harrowing experience of death by explosive device / secondary fire. It's so funny to me that a game that really requires coordination to succeed doesn't come with built-in chat.
  • The amount of stuff is sabotage is fun, not as fun as extraction.

At least its better than Scarif. Seeing wide-open paths blocked by invisible walls and not knowing which trees you can run through or have to jump over/walk around/get stuck on for 15 seconds/etc....

I spent a couple hours playing Infiltration just now and i have a headache THIS big from all the collision issues -_-
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!
  • j_novs
    711 posts Member
    sabotage is a big miss IMO