criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The least useful Hero Ability

Prev1
What do you guys think is the least useful Hero Ability now?
My vote is on Leia's Squad Shield. That thing is just missing something.
Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
sfg04pfx1l31.gif

Replies

• Leia's Shield, Precision Shot, Jyn's pistol
  • Greedo's precision shot most definitely, squad shield has it's uses on large game modes. Boba's flamethrower is a close second to precision shot, then Leia's shield. Greedo doesn't need any more buffs, but Flamethrower and shield definitely do.
  • Greedo's precision shot
    Psn: Jello770
  • thiago2103 wrote: »
    Between leia's shield , Leia's powerup on big game modes and greedo's precision shot
    I find a way to make Precision Shot useful. After you press Precision Shot, you can immediately roll after that. During the roll the shot will charge up and when you stand up it will fire. So with this you can prevent getting shot during the charge up.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • OrdoNull
    73 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Chewie's roar
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    thiago2103 wrote: »
    Between leia's shield , Leia's powerup on big game modes and greedo's precision shot
    I find a way to make Precision Shot useful. After you press Precision Shot, you can immediately roll after that. During the roll the shot will charge up and when you stand up it will fire. So with this you can prevent getting shot during the charge up.

Problem is you can do way more damage with his blaster in the time precision shot takes, and I find it opens you up too much to damage.
  • James123_4 wrote: »
    Whodunnit wrote: »

Problem is you can do way more damage with his blaster in the time precision shot takes, and I find it opens you up too much to damage.

Sure it is not worth to use it when you are fighting with one enemy. But if there are more than one, you do more damage with this ability than with his pistol (remember you hit more than one enemy, you can't really deal as much damage on multiple enemies with his regular pistol in that short amount of time). And while rolling they barely can hit you. (I admit without my rolling trick, it would be my least favourite ability as well :D )
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • OrdoNull wrote: »
    Chewie's roar
    What??
    Oh yeah , i forgot jyn's ''Rifle configuration''

I think her rigle configuration and leia's power up drop are the most useless

Actually, she can kill a Villain within 2.5 seconds with her Rifle Configuration :D But I know what you mean.
    Btw why not Palpatine's power ups?
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • OrdoNull wrote: »
    Chewie's roar

Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Landos power blast
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • Landos power blast

Yeah I always kill myself accidentally when I use his glitch. Remove the self damage DICE!
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    James123_4 wrote: »

Sure it is not worth to use it when you are fighting with one enemy. But if there are more than one, you do more damage with this ability than with his pistol (remember you hit more than one enemy, you can't really deal as much damage on multiple enemies with his regular pistol in that short amount of time). And while rolling they barely can hit you. (I admit without my rolling trick, it would be my least favourite ability as well :D )

Forgot about the multiple targets, I just find that Greedo never really "needs" it, though I haven't tried it with rolling. Whenever I tried it, Greedo would stop moving and I'd lose like, 30 health. I'll definitely try it your way though.
    You can't roll while using Precision shot

Then I'm a glitch exploiter :smiley:
    (Or it's working differently on PC, like we can't use Force Choke in the air, so we deserve this rolling :D )
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member

Actually, she can kill a Villain within 2.5 seconds with her Rifle Configuration :D But I know what you mean.

Seriously??
  • Boba's Flamethrower or Dengar's Frenzied Fire.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Jyn's Sonic Imploder
  • I love Leia's Shield ... perfect to get 1-2 to camp at an objective point so I can move on. Weakest? Chewbacca's Slam ... it's not weak, but it gives a warning so any jetpack player can get out of the way.
  • Greedo's precision shot. Takes too long and you have to be really close range.
    Jrob122 wrote: »

Seriously??

Of course not lul , he's joking

The real joke is that I'm serious :smiley:
    Ohe hit does 40 damage and she can shoot 15 times before overheat (40x15=600). It takes about 1.25 seconds. Then after you hit cooling flush you can start another round. If you only shoot 10 times it does another 400 damage and takes about 1 seconds. So overall less than 2.5 seconds=1000 damage.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • I love Leia's Shield ... perfect to get 1-2 to camp at an objective point so I can move on. Weakest? Chewbacca's Slam ... it's not weak, but it gives a warning so any jetpack player can get out of the way.

You really have that much time to escape?
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Regarding the Ground Slam ... his arms does give you a warning so instead of jet pack up use to move in opposite direction instead .. works for me half the time. ps4

I'll try on PS4 , but you saw how incosistent it is , 2 people that you lock didn't even die

I think that's just a Skirmish issue, they can even survive Lightsaber hits sometimes :D
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • 2000sGuy
    5843 posts Member
    Nien Nunb taking up storage in this game
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Definitely Greedo's precision shot.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Supply drops for Palpatine and Leia...sad they couldn't think of something a bit more original for either. I get that being support heroes it makes sense but the battlefield is often littered with power-ups that it seems a waste of a slot.

Both heavy strikes for Luke and Vader I find myself never using.

Precision shot for Greedo, only way to make it count most is to find an area where you're covered from behind, whilst having enemies in front to lock on to, who wont be able to see you till its too late.
  • Hmmmm less useful huh........ I don't know. I'll just have to guess and say all of Dice.
  • @Whodunnit That's not bad at all actually. I'd only ever use it very rarely if I do, but it's not completely useless when you use it :D .
    CSD1409 wrote: »
    Supply drops for Palpatine and Leia...sad they couldn't think of something a bit more original for either. I get that being support heroes it makes sense but the battlefield is often littered with power-ups that it seems a waste of a slot.

Precision shot for Greedo, only way to make it count most is to find an area where you're covered from behind, whilst having enemies in front to lock on to, who wont be able to see you till its too late.

Heavy strike, if you land it, can take out nearly 3/4 of most heroes/villains health. Problem is it is pretty damn unreliable.
  • I would exchange it for a buff for her and her allies,example:

Rebel courage: Leia and nearby allies gain resistance to damage for a few seconds

And will also change Supply Drop

Supply Drop: When activated, C3PO is displayed in a zone and will drop a random power supply. These can range from Smart Rockets, R5-D4 Droids, or Orbital Blows. This ability is very useful since it has the potential to provide friendly players an infinite amount of power-ups.
  • Her squad shield can survive orbitals. Why is that useless?

Lots of you players must suck at utilizing Leia to her best.

Greedo's precision shot is the most useless because of his health which he may only get a few seconds to wind it up, but not get any kills with it if his health is low.
    @Whodunnit That's not bad at all actually. I'd only ever use it very rarely if I do, but it's not completely useless when you use it :D .
    Supply drops for Palpatine and Leia...sad they couldn't think of something a bit more original for either. I get that being support heroes it makes sense but the battlefield is often littered with power-ups that it seems a waste of a slot.

Heavy strike, if you land it, can take out nearly 3/4 of most heroes/villains health. Problem is it is pretty **** unreliable.

If you're 1v1 on Heroes then sure but it just leaves you so exposed otherwise that the instances of using it and it paying off are pretty rare as you say.
  • CSD1409 wrote: »
    James123_4 wrote: »
    @Whodunnit That's not bad at all actually. I'd only ever use it very rarely if I do, but it's not completely useless when you use it :D .

Heavy strike, if you land it, can take out nearly 3/4 of most heroes/villains health. Problem is it is pretty **** unreliable.

If you're 1v1 on Heroes then sure but it just leaves you so exposed otherwise that the instances of using it and it paying off are pretty rare as you say.

When I use it, it's generally when I'm getting the jump on characters. Jump in with force push, pop heavy strike, then saber rush outta there. If you do that, you're guaranteed a fair bit of damage on whoever you're doing it to, just make sure you get out before they use their abilities.
  • Leia's sheild as it gives Vader and Palpatine and advantage :joy:
    Member of the 501st
  • unit900000
    2865 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    precision shot is the worst pure and utter garbage. and your crazy if you think leias squad shield is useless i have carried supremacy games using that thing. its all so why i have both lost and won HvV games.
    Dont act a fool and you wont get called out. PSN: DarthOdium- old PSN:unit900000
  • Her squad shield can survive orbitals. Why is that useless?

Lots of you players must suck at utilizing Leia to her best.

Greedo's precision shot is the most useless because of his health which he may only get a few seconds to wind it up, but not get any kills with it if his health is low.

Anyone can survive an Orbital Strike if they get out of the area soon enough :D
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif

I'm glad I could help :smiley:
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Greedos precision shots by far. Leias shield can be incredibly useful if you use it properly, but precision shots is actually worse than simply shooting people in virtually every scenario.

Boba's flamethrower is a close second, although it gets beat out by the simple fact that it doesn't immobilize you for ~3 seconds. Plus it actually hits people.
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »

I have to disagree. I play WA most of the time, and with a few exceptions (depending on map and which phase) I always run Nunb. He is by far the best Hero to control a map. I can go on 40+ kills streaks, keep uplinks turned on to max out y-wings, pick off players trying to rush the uplink area.

If used correctly, Nunb is the best Hero for WA.
  • Whodunnit
    5551 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Wallofman wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »

I have to disagree. I play WA most of the time, and with a few exceptions (depending on map and which phase) I always run Nunb. He is by far the best Hero to control a map. I can go on 40+ kills streaks, keep uplinks turned on to max out y-wings, pick off players trying to rush the uplink area.

I agree.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    2000sGuy wrote: »

I agree, but I'd still perfer Luke as he does well when surrounded by enemies and can outrun orbital strikes/vehicles shooting at him.
    Member of the 501st
  • Well, precision shot only sucks if you only have your first level of confidence but the damn thing is really useful actually. multiple enemies and it tracks heroes you lock on to. Its like McCree's Deadeye from overwatch. Just dont use it on someone who's up in your face unless you have high confidence.

Leia's Shield is also amazing, i'm not sure what is up with those responses lol.... A well positioned squad shield and power up tokens for your team can help you win games so that's a good one too.

Heavy Strike seems to have issues connecting properly. The amount of times i've sliced through ppl only to have them survive is weird but that's more a glitch and not really 'useless'.

Idk, i guess Jynn and Krennic got the short draw with that 10 extra HP on a really long CD and the grenade that nobody seems to like. Its ok but idk about it being on her.
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!