criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero Changes

So, I played a round of Extraction today, and I found the hero pickup at the second phase while playing as Luke. Then, someone with RT-97C without a jump pack and the most basic skin came up to me and took the hero pickup, and walk away without crouching to activate it. And guess what? We didn't got the hero at that phase, and we lost, because of that noob.

So, why don't they change the system to activate the hero pickup right after you picked it up, like when flying.This will make it better, considering you can die when trying to activate a hero pickup.

Also, some changes I want for some heroes:

Luke: Reduce amount of speed boost from his trait: 10%, 30%, 50%
Luke: Reduce the time of the Force Push animation (Not sure how long, but it is long)
Han: Now when you activate Lucky Shot, you should hold down the fire button, not the number 3 button or whatever it is on console.
Han: Increase the radius of Shoulder Charge
Nien Nunb: Reduce the cooldown of Electrobinocular by 2 seconds

And ofc Lando

I have more changes I want, but due to my schedule, I will end now. I won't mind if you post changes for other heroes below.
Origin ID: TheExclumet
It is short for The Exclusive Meteor. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• I will edit this post in the future
  • MC_XIX
    1338 posts Member

They already increased this in the Scarif update. It's much more accurate now, so I think it's fine as it is.
  • MC_XIX wrote: »

They already increased this in the Scarif update. It's much more accurate now, so I think it's fine as it is.

I think it is still weak. I mean Hurricane Strike is really big, but Shoulder Charge is too small to compare, when they say "too balance things up"
  • MC_XIX
    1338 posts Member
    SolSK403 wrote: »
    MC_XIX wrote: »

I think it is still weak. I mean Hurricane Strike is really big, but Shoulder Charge is too small to compare, when they say "too balance things up"

Hmmm. Well, I'd say Han & Dengar are both very balanced now. Dengar's hurricane strike is better than Han's shoulder charge, but Han's rapid fire is better than Dengar's frenzied blast. And lucky shot & explosive rush are both equally good. Their traits are also equally useful.
  • Lando: Replace Power Blast ability with an ability that copies other heroes' ability to Lando that lasts for 10 seconds
    Chewbacca: Mighty Roar: lasts for 15 seconds
    Chewbacca: Bowcaster's Projectile"s damage is reduced by 3
    Jyn: Rifle Configuration: Increase amount of bolts it can fire until overheats
    Jyn: Sonic Imploder: Increase damage slightly
    Darth Vader: Fix a bug when the enemy can have a armor, not only him
    Emperor: Reduce lightning's damge per second
    Boba Fett: Reudce the recoil pattern of his EE-3 when flying, making it more accurate when flying
    Dengar: Reduce the radius of hurricane strike when he swing it in the end
    Bossk: Change the trait to having Micro-Grenades and Toxic Escape's damage increase when trait level increases
    Krennic: Reduce DT-29's reloading speed
    Krennic: Armor Breaker: Reduce the bullet's travel speed

I can't edit my original post so I change it by comment section

Hmmm. Well, I'd say Han & Dengar are both very balanced now. Dengar's hurricane strike is better than Han's shoulder charge, but Han's rapid fire is better than Dengar's frenzied blast. And lucky shot & explosive rush are both equally good. Their traits are also equally useful.

I think they should either increase Han's Shoulder Charge radius or decrease Dengar's Hurricane Strike, and I think they should reduce the crazy recoil of Frenzied Blast, to even things up. that way, they will be even
  • MC_XIX
    1338 posts Member
    ^Ok. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I think you're taking it too far with some of those ideas...

- Lando copying a hero ability? How would he be able to copy Vader's saber throw or Luke's force push...?

- Reducing the Emperor's lightning damage even more? It was already weakened in the Scarif update, so making it any less powerful is unnecessary. It's even worse than Boba's flamethrower right now.

- Changing Bossk's trait to another higher damage trait is generic. At least his current trait is unique and fits his character well based on his actual ability to regrow lost limbs.

- Denger's hurricane strike only deals 13 damage to heroes, which is really low. No nerf required.

I agree with you about Krennic's reload speed. Nobody uses his standard DT-29 because of that.

- Lando copying a hero ability? How would he be able to copy Vader's saber throw or Luke's force push...?

I think it will make sense considering he is a gambler, but like you said, it will be ridiculous to have him doing saber rush. Thats why there is gonna be a lot of exception, and have very long cooldown.

- Reducing the Emperor's lightning damage even more? It was already weakened in the Scarif update, so making it any less powerful is unnecessary. It's even worse than Boba's flamethrower right now.

Well, I did a 1 vs. 1 with Emperor, and decided to test things out, and it defeated a hero in 6 seconds. I think it is very powerful considering it is a primary weapon. And it SHOULD be weaker than Boba's Wrist Rocket, considering it is an ability and Emperor's lightning is a primary weapon.
    - Changing Bossk's trait to another higher damage trait is generic. At least his current trait is unique and fits his character well based on his actual ability to regrow lost limbs.

Ok, I don't think the trait that I made is good, but his current trait is way too OP and capable to go for 200+ killstreak. It needs to change.

- Denger's hurricane strike only deals 13 damage to heroes, which is really low. No nerf required.

I think I agree on that one.
  • bfloo
    13652 posts Member
    @SolSK403

Getting zapped by continuous lightning should be among the strongest attacks in the game.

It should stun all as well as well. Anyone in any of the movies hit by Force Lightning was left helpless, except for Vader. Vader was mostly a machine, which I would guess was part of why he could move until his suit shorted out.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• And fix the bug that you teleport to a normal soldier while playing as a hero in Extraction and Sabotage
  • Greedo must have Heath and Speed buff
    hhL4XrH.jpg
  • Lando's Power Blast will be fine if they ever get off their **** and fix it.
  • SolSK403 wrote: »

I think it will make sense considering he is a gambler, but like you said, it will be ridiculous to have him doing saber rush. Thats why there is gonna be a lot of exception, and have very long cooldown.

Well, I did a 1 vs. 1 with Emperor, and decided to test things out, and it defeated a hero in 6 seconds. I think it is very powerful considering it is a primary weapon. And it SHOULD be weaker than Boba's Wrist Rocket, considering it is an ability and Emperor's lightning is a primary weapon.

Ok, I don't think the trait that I made is good, but his current trait is way too OP and capable to go for 200+ killstreak. It needs to change.

I think I agree on that one.

Yeah, direct hit can deal up to 90 dmg, especially when you're cornered. Happened to me. Dropped from 100 to 10. *rolls his eyes and looks at DICE*
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    Lando: Replace Power Blast ability with an ability that copies other heroes' ability to Lando that lasts for 10 seconds
    Boba Fett: Reudce the recoil pattern of his EE-3 when flying, making it more accurate when flying
    Bossk: Change the trait to having Micro-Grenades and Toxic Escape's damage increase when trait level increases

Sooooo Lando should Force Choke now...?
  • Landeaux
    3467 posts Member
    So, I played a round of Extraction today, and I found the hero pickup at the second phase while playing as Luke. Then, someone with RT-97C without a jump pack and the most basic skin came up to me and took the hero pickup, and walk away without crouching to activate it. And guess what? We didn't got the hero at that phase, and we lost, because of that noob.

So, why don't they change the system to activate the hero pickup right after you picked it up, like when flying.This will make it better, considering you can die when trying to activate a hero pickup.

Luke: Reduce the time of the Force Push animation (Not sure how long, but it is long)
    Han: Now when you activate Lucky Shot, you should hold down the fire button, not the number 3 button or whatever it is on console.

And ofc Lando

I have more changes I want, but due to my schedule, I will end now. I won't mind if you post changes for other heroes below.

They need to make Luke better, not worse. He's a Jedi. He needs to be strong
  • ah, the classic "buff every hero i play in ridiculous fashion because i play them" thread. Good to see some things never change.
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!

Finally someone! :D It's so irritating.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Next game, heroes like Vader and Luke need to be OP AF. 3 saber hits should kill Han.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Next game, heroes like Vader and Luke need to be OP AF. 3 saber hits should kill Han.

Hmm..
    latest?cb=20160324151444
    Yeah, I think you have a point here...
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Whodunnit wrote: »
    Next game, heroes like Vader and Luke need to be OP AF. 3 saber hits should kill Han.

Hmm..
    latest?cb=20160324151444
    Yeah, I think you have a point here...

That's Kylo's heavy attack >:) , it one shots heroes.
    It does that scene for Han lol
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Then blaster-wielders should also 1-2-3-hit kill heroes... by that logic...
    053313.jpg
    Oh wait.
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • Krimson
    1454 posts Member
    edited January 2017

And ofc Lando

Really early in the game, Luke used to be able to block while using force push, but they changed it, i saw it as a glitch at first, but now i think it should be a feature
  • Change lando power shot to lucky shot
  • Jetginyu wrote: »
    Change lando power shot to lucky shot
    Well, that is the thing I want. Lando capavle of copying others' ability

• SolSK403
    44 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Landeaux wrote: »

And ofc Lando

I don't know how to make him weaker to infantry and make it better against heroes, but they gotta nerf him against infantry. And it is simply unfair to have a really good hero just because he is the main character in the movies.
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Lando: Replace Power Blast ability with an ability that copies other heroes' ability to Lando that lasts for 10 seconds

Sooooo Lando should Force Choke now...?

I think I mentioned that earlier.
  • LakonPL9 wrote: »
    Greedo must have Heath and Speed buff

Agreeeeeeeed
    Forgot to mentioned that.
  • Lando's Power Blast will be fine if they ever get off their **** and fix it.

When they get it back to when it did not have a homing effect, it will be so weak, and when it gets a homing effect, it will be so frustrating considering it can one shot people even they are 100m awya, so there is no way to balance it. And thats why I want it to change entirely.
    Landeaux wrote: »

And ofc Lando

I don't know how to make him weaker to infantry and make it better against heroes, but they gotta nerf him against infantry. And it is simply unfair to have a really good hero just because he is the main character in the movies.

He needs to be op against stormtroopers. They're regular people.