criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Heroes should only go to top players

Replies

• Coyler wrote: »
    Getting a hero should be like ranking up your trait,
    •healing players
    •objective score
    •kills
    •other contributions

It should be going to the MVP of the team not just the trigger-happy people who get 40+ kills but don't PTFO.

Ah, but the MVP might not be the most useful to be a hero. In Walker Assault, when I am MVP it's often because I have done a massive ton of damage to the AT-AT. Standard infantry, using vehicle turrets, dishes, ion torps and smart rockets, can do more damage to a walker than any hero.
  • Febelas wrote: »
    Really they should take the top half of the team and offer the hero to a randomly selected player. I don't like the idea of the hero being played by the same guy every time but I am getting kind of sick of terrible players jump packing into the hero pickup and dying a minute later, having contributed nothing to the team.

Also, make it so the same person can't be a hero twice in one game. Tired of killing a hero and seeing the same guy come back a minute later.

But that's how they learn the correct way to use the hero.
    The second type you describe are simply token campers. You get them at every rank.
  • Oh my! Every thread you've started is just about you... It's like a 3 year old "Only I get it" "Everyoje is bad"
    Please just stop... No game should get to the point where only "good" players can have fun.

Correct.
  • If a hero dies instantly, why don't you(an infantry) push the front line(assuming cloud city sabotage) lets say your a rebel this match, you made it all this way, you don't need heroes, just hold a strong front line, and yes heroes help immensely, but infantry are the main part of the game. Got an enemy hero? Get behind them and fill em with blaster bolts. Got a sniper? Hit them back? even multiple heroes can fall to a good loadout. If your team knows what they are doing, even better.
    PSN:deltagodzilla
    Join my SW Discord: https://discord.gg/XzT9C7g
  • Oh my! Every thread you've started is just about you... It's like a 3 year old "Only I get it" "Everyoje is bad"
    Please just stop... No game should get to the point where only "good" players can have fun.

Your bad kid
    If a hero dies instantly, why don't you(an infantry) push the front line(assuming cloud city sabotage) lets say your a rebel this match, you made it all this way, you don't need heroes, just hold a strong front line, and yes heroes help immensely, but infantry are the main part of the game. Got an enemy hero? Get behind them and fill em with blaster bolts. Got a sniper? Hit them back? even multiple heroes can fall to a good loadout. If your team knows what they are doing, even better.

You lost all credibility when you said you don't need heroes to win sabotage 95% of the time if all rebel heroes are dead and villains all push the objective at the same time you are going to lose almost every time. The only way to win is if **** get the heroes on the other team and trickle in by themselves
  • I remember that time I told the fat kid he couldn't have cake, too
  • I think for certain game modes such as Sabotage the hero should go to top scorers since they are so essential to the surivival and success of a team.
  • I think for certain game modes such as Sabotage the hero should go to top scorers since they are so essential to the surivival and success of a team.

Battle station as well
  • eagleland06
    97 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    BlackOut34

Define carrying a team. You seem to define it by kills made which seems more call of duty style. Now if you mean by score, which takes assists and playing the objective into account you may have a more fair argument.
  • BlackOut34

Define carrying a team. You seem to define it by kills made which seems more call of duty style. Now if you mean by score, which takes assists and playing the objective into account you may have a more fair argument.
    Total score 1st place on your team
  • I pass up hero tokens all day...I'd rather win MVP as straight infantry
  • Everyone should have a chance at it which is why the token system was good at first. Then everyone memorized where they appear and just camp the tokens. It is a annoying when you have a partner that gets all 3 pickups in a walker assault match.

It should be randomly selected from the list of all players, however if you have a high objective score, your chances should be ever so slightly increased. So, if 20 players all have a 5% chance of becoming a hero, playing the objevtive could raise your chance to anywhere between 5 and 10%.

Also, a player should only be a hero once each round.
  • bfloo
    13704 posts Member
    I think for certain game modes such as Sabotage the hero should go to top scorers since they are so essential to the surivival and success of a team.

That wont work in Sabotage, the heroes come out right at the beginning.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Jello770
    5592 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    I think for certain game modes such as Sabotage the hero should go to top scorers since they are so essential to the surivival and success of a team.

Psn: Jello770
  • Nope, it's fine.

Not every match has to be on the, ugh, Hero Hunt system.

Randomize it. Most of those awful players get Tokens by camping.
  • [Also, make it so the same person can't be a hero twice in one game. Tired of killing a hero and seeing the same guy come back a minute later.[/quote]

This is a good point. Also, as it's been said elsewhere, once a hero gets whacked, they shouldn't come back that game, another hero should have to be chosen (three different Lukes kamikazing through the place in a five minute span, please). Perhaps power ups are good and balanced for everybody, but maybe also reward one to the player who helped the most in fulfilling the mission (control point, generators, etc.) but not just highest KD. Highest KD may just be a spawn camper or a disposable **** using hacks! Also, if you're so good you have a 4.0 KD every game, what are you complaining about? Next you'll want heroes to have multiple laugh emotes...
  • bfloo
    13704 posts Member
    [Also, make it so the same person can't be a hero twice in one game. Tired of killing a hero and seeing the same guy come back a minute later.

This is a good point. Also, as it's been said elsewhere, once a hero gets whacked, they shouldn't come back that game, another hero should have to be chosen (three different Lukes kamikazing through the place in a five minute span, please). Perhaps power ups are good and balanced for everybody, but maybe also reward one to the player who helped the most in fulfilling the mission (control point, generators, etc.) but not just highest KD. Highest KD may just be a spawn camper or a disposable **** using hacks! Also, if you're so good you have a 4.0 KD every game, what are you complaining about? Next you'll want heroes to have multiple laugh emotes...[/quote]

Just Palpatine's laugh!
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Something really needs to be done to discourage Ramboing. The amount of times I've seen a Luke run into a microgrenading Bossk is a bit ridiculous, but I guess they deserve it if they think they are that good.

I do wish hero tokens would respawn in Battlestation if a hero falls off the platforms 10 seconds after spawning in.
  • They just need to make the tokens all look the same so you have no clue what you're getting.
  • bfloo wrote: »

They usually come out about a minute in, which is usually more than enough time for people to start getting points. I've seen plenty of games where the rebels have taken 1 or 2 bomb sites before the first hero is even out.

Besides, it's not like they couldn't push back hero spawns for a minute or two, or create some sort of system that calculates a players average score from the past few games.
  • 2000sGuy
    5833 posts Member
    @x3m0b01x, The Supreme Nerf Commander has spoken :D
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Nerf the OP
    Member of the 501st
  • 2000sGuy
    5833 posts Member
    Nerf the OP

How dare you speak to our Supreme Nerf Commander like that?
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • 2000sGuy wrote: »
    Nerf the OP

That's it, nerf 2000sguy and the forums.
    Member of the 501st
  • Nope. Let everyone have a chance to be the hero. People didn't buy this game to be a rebel solider or stormtrooper. Everyone wants to be the hero.

Could there be a better system? Sure.

For one no person should get more then one hero per match. No more camping nonsense.

Two hero icons should look like all other icons and be random. It's luck of the draw. Do I pick up that icon or pass it by?

Three eliminate the hero and he's out of the match for good. Choose a different hero. No more heroes left? Deal with it.

Four have more heroes but limit it per map. So say you have twelve in total (6 on each side) you can limit the number of heroes per map or mode. So a small map might only have two rebel and two Imperial heroes available while a very large map/mode have all six on each side. A medium map may have 3 and 3. You could even mix it up depending on the location. On the Deathstar map you could have only 2 rebel heroes and 3-4 Imperials. Why not? It's a given that on a Imperial station there is more likely to be more of the big bad guys than say on Tatooine where you could flip it and have only 2 Imperial heroes and 3-4 rebel ones.

Of course all this will have to be in Battlefront 2 but given DICE's record I'm not counting on it.
  • 2000sGuy
    5833 posts Member
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Nerf the OP

Fire the nerf beam
    200w.gif
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
    2000sGuy wrote: »
    Nerf the OP

Fire the nerf beam
    200w.gif

Nerf the nerf beam >:)

Nerf life while we're at it
    Member of the 501st
  • Darth_Farquaad
    33 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    No heroes should be randomly selected with your chance of being selected increasing the longer you go without being chosen
  • No heroes should be randomly selected with your chance of being selected increasing the longer you go without you go without being chosen

Better than it is currently
    Member of the 501st
  • 2000sGuy
    5833 posts Member
    Nerf the Devs.
    I mean buff them
    Hey Man.
    fw2yVS7.jpg
  • Nope, it's fine.

Not every match has to be on the, ugh, Hero Hunt system.

Randomize it
    . Most of those awful players get Tokens by camping.

This is the only change I think they need to make to Hero and Vehicle Tokens. They just need them to spawn at random.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
    @x3m0b01x, The Supreme Nerf Commander has spoken :D

@2000sGuy AAAAAAWWWW SSSSHHHNAAPPP!!!
    Play the kriffing objective, or get the kriff out.
  • Two hero icons should look like all other icons and be random. It's luck of the draw. Do I pick up that icon or pass it by?.

All your suggestions are good except for that one. If I know I'm not good at being a hero, right now I can pass up the token. Your idea would result in MORE bad hero players getting them, because for sure nobody's going to skip ALL the power ups.
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)
  • Two hero icons should look like all other icons and be random. It's luck of the draw. Do I pick up that icon or pass it by?.

All your suggestions are good except for that one. If I know I'm not good at being a hero, right now I can pass up the token. Your idea would result in MORE bad hero players getting them, because for sure nobody's going to skip ALL the power ups.

I foresee people grabbing EVERY token in hopes of it being a hero....with the field of battle littered with unwanted blaster cannons, vehicle turrets, etc.
  • It's already like that...
    Rogue Mammal X
    (XBox One)

Then you can make it like the vehicle icons which expire after a few seconds if you don't use it. You don't have to accept being a hero.

It can go back into the power up pool for someone else to use.

Simple solution.

I foresee people grabbing EVERY token in hopes of it being a hero....with the field of battle littered with unwanted blaster cannons, vehicle turrets, etc.

Yeah that already happens. So there would be no change in how the game plays.
  • If the person that got the hero sucks and dies early, oh well, life sucks, move on, get it next time.

Even the people that get lots of kills with heroes can still "suck" especially on last Sabotage point where they run out, eventually die, then let the 4 Hero Imperial Squad take the point easy because there is no longer a defense.

Yeah that already happens. So there would be no change in how the game plays.

True. I get that it already happens. People looking for that smart rocket get the vehicle turret and "plunk", down it goes.

I was just thinking that the hero token campers (in theory, at least) will often bypass the regular tokens as they know it's not what they're after. If all the tokens looked similar, they'll be running around gobbling up every single glowing object like Pac-Man until they find that everlasting gobstopper - thereby increasing the amount of "plunking" decent pick-ups.

But who knows?
  • MC_XIX
    1344 posts Member
    Yeah, it's not great for the team when a mediocre player gets a hero token and dies after getting only 5 kills. But hey, I was that mediocre player once, so I honestly don't mind it. Rather than get worked up about it, help the hero out by throwing a Bacta down if you can. The extra 10hp armour can be a life saver.
  • They just need to make the tokens all look the same so you have no clue what you're getting.

Good idea.
  • SSJSnoop
    1608 posts Member
    OP, stop making sense.

Everyone knows that the Heroes should just be random tokens that bad players get so they get a chance to be a hero while the top players actually focus on the match. Why would you award the best players a reward? For doing good and playing the objective? That's not right

If you're a top player and want to be a Hero play the Hero modes. Its only fair...
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    OP, stop making sense.

Everyone knows that the Heroes should just be random tokens that bad players get so they get a chance to be a hero while the top players actually focus on the match. Why would you award the best players a reward? For doing good and playing the objective? That's not right

If you're a top player and want to be a Hero play the Hero modes. Its only fair...

SSJ speaks wisdom here
  • BlackOut34 wrote: »
    Every time I join a sabotage lobby and I see the first place player with less then 15 kills and all of our heroes are dead that's a clear indication these players are complete sewage. I pray they get rid of the token system for the next game so good players are guaranteed heroes and get value out of it unlike ppl who get it and die 30 seconds later and contribute nothing to the team

I understand where the frustration is coming from but at the same time how would people get better if they don't test themselves on the "real" game scenario? Unless there is a better suggestion, not allowing other player a chance to get a hero token is not a good solution in my opinion. Also if you are talking about being "good" heroes as in spawn camper heroes, those people aren't good or skilled LOL. They just exploiting bad game design. Losers tell themselves as good players only because they can't win without cheating. Fyi, it doesn't make you less of a loser.
  • BlackOut34 wrote: »
    Every time I join a sabotage lobby and I see the first place player with less then 15 kills and all of our heroes are dead that's a clear indication these players are complete sewage. I pray they get rid of the token system for the next game so good players are guaranteed heroes and get value out of it unlike ppl who get it and die 30 seconds later and contribute nothing to the team

I understand where the frustration is coming from but at the same time how would people get better if they don't test themselves on the "real" game scenario? Unless there is a better suggestion, not allowing other player a chance to get a hero token is not a good solution in my opinion. Also if you are talking about being "good" heroes as in spawn camper heroes, those people aren't good or skilled LOL. They just exploiting bad game design. Losers tell themselves as good players only because they can't win without cheating. Fyi, it doesn't make you less of a loser.

Play HvV. It's how I got better with all the heroes. I never find tokens in the maps, mainly because I'm busy actually playing the game. That's the problem with the token system.
  • James123_4 wrote: »
    BlackOut34 wrote: »

Play HvV. It's how I got better with all the heroes. I never find tokens in the maps, mainly because I'm busy actually playing the game. That's the problem with the token system.

Yes playing H v V can help practice but they are not equivalent to playing in bigger map where you can be a target by other vehicles, tower, more # of players. You can also train on Battle mission now where it's only possible for certain Hero only before. But even then AI have predictable patterns at time. Not like real life players. Take it from someone that completed master level survival.

Thank you for actually pointing out that you are busy actually playing the game. It makes me happy to hear someone else feel the same. That is how I feel when I see people asking where hero power ups are. Instead of wasting your time and your team time (because there will be someone else looking for exactly what you are looking for and your spawn is somewhat randomnize) do objectives whatever that is...
  • SSJSnoop wrote: »
    OP, stop making sense.

I'll read through the sarcasm;

what metric will identify a "top" player? as we know for many it's their thirst for k/d, farmings kills however there are plenty of PTO players whom rank up with objective points.

what about players that don't want to be a hero? I personally pass up every hero token I'd rather play as infantry.

are players going to be forced to play as a hero?

I have no problem with the current system with the addition to: one (1) use per player per game, and one (1) hero use per game (no repeats)....this would apply to vehicles as well.
  • j_novs wrote: »
    I pass up hero tokens all day...I'd rather win MVP as straight infantry

thumbs up!
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    BlackOut34 wrote: »
    I just shake my head how these people now a days are so scrub friendly what happen to the days of playing the game to actually get better and things not handed to you. I guess people should just get free killstreaks in cod so quote they can have fun too un quote.

Please, shooters have changed the least out of any genre. Dont act like it was some sort of saving private ryan tug back then and now ita unicorns and candy canes.

And you complain about playing a game to get better...well how the heck can you get better as boba fett if you dont play as him? Or as a TIE or walker if you dont use it? And please dont say single player, single player is for fun, online is a whole different beast and after years of playing shooters, its best to learn in the heat of battle under preasure.

Heroes can also be seen as a good balance. A **** or average player gets him, and they raises the team score a bit then dies. A good player gets him and makes his or her team winning inevitable. Pretty making it game over the second he or she gets a hero.

The singleplayer is great for learning a hero when you 1v1 people with them. I never would have learned to throw proximity bombs so well without that half hour of trying to flush out vader hiding in sullust. That alone helps a ton because just about any time you get a hero someone will come to face you with another
  • Vakyoom
    995 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Febelas wrote: »
    Really they should take the top half of the team and offer the hero to a randomly selected player. I don't like the idea of the hero being played by the same guy every time but I am getting kind of sick of terrible players jump packing into the hero pickup and dying a minute later, having contributed nothing to the team.

Also, make it so the same person can't be a hero twice in one game. Tired of killing a hero and seeing the same guy come back a minute later.

And to add to that, make it so the same hero can't be used over and over in a match. Cross it out once somebody has played it once. Its really frustrating to see Lando at 17 hp, then Lando again at 97 hp a minute or two later...
    Cycler lyfe -- All about that Ishi Tib!